The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

2 minutes ago, notchinc said:

Only if I get a gif lesson.  It never work for me..................

What do you mean? You don't know how to post a gif here?

7 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

What on Mars are we gonna do for three weeks?!

Seasons 4-8 lol....

• Like 2

This might be a wee bit OT at the moment but just gotta put it out there...

I read that post-coitus Amy was bare-shouldered...THIS CAN ONLY MEAN THAT MAYIM HAS, FOR THIS ONE SCENE, FORSAKEN HER MODESTY RULES :icon_eek: 

I think that this might be an even bigger surprise than the coitus itself. Like holy caholy. Wow.

It must be dedication to her craft. Respect Mayim. Respect. *bows head*

(Just to clarify in case anybody gets the wrong idea, I'm not at all saying that showing bare body parts is something that's necessarily/particularly amazing or respectable for actors. It's just that Mayim has always been proudly and openly a very modest woman and to be willing to do something like that must be a sign of her devotion to the show and Shamy right? :icon_surprised: Or at least that's kinda what it looks like to me haha) 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

I think, as April says, that this was meant to show that Sheldon was, at the very least, getting to a better place than he had been in a while. This was Sheldon saying that he knew that she wanted him to be happy, that she hadn't broken up with him because she hated him or wanted to hurt him.

Although- God, on some level surely that must be even more painful? That someone you love leaves you and shuts down all overtures, not because she hates you, but because she couldn't be with you anymore? It must hurt like hell to know that the blow you were dealt by someone you love, was not struck out of hatred, but out of necessity*.

It's interesting to me, too, that I think Amy finally understood the enormity of what she had (unwittingly) wrought in this episode. I think, on some level, that she had bought into the idea that Sheldon didn't-couldn't- love her truly, madly, deeply. I think she knew that he loved her, but she must have put it in scare quotes in her head 'as far as he is capable'. Her blow-up in the S8 finale, I always thought, suggested that she had decided that he couldn't love her the way she wanted. Certainly his dickishness after their breakup would have done little to convince her that he was hurting.

And in the meantime, God knows I've been questioning the depth of Amy's feelings. I still can't shake the disquieting thought that while she is irreplaceable to him, he... may not be, to her. And that is a really fundamental imbalance. And then I think that that maybe that's unfair. What little we were shown of Amy after the breakup suggested that she was rudderless, drifting. She seemed disconnected from everybody around her, listlessly trying things- earrings, dates, whatever- to see what would stick. Nobody was asking her the right questions- not that she'd know what the right questions would be. And that may be- not necessarily the actions of a person without depth of feeling, but a person who had underestimated the depth of her feeling. A person who had opened herself up to a slew of unfamiliar experiences, and who got a little lost sorting out what she truly wanted from what she had been instructed to want. In the aquarium, there was a light of recognition, of homecoming, in Amy's eyes. All the things she had been lashing herself to pursue seemed to pale in comparison with her companion - the exasperating ex-boyfriend who wouldn't woo her in the way she had been told to want, who wouldn't pursue her in the way she had told herself to expect, but who was stimulating and generous in his own specific, maddening way.

But she was still thinking, I think, that he wasn't really capable of bone-deep love. And without bone-deep love, there's little lasting hurt and rage. So she could ask to try again and he would be pleased to have his good buddy back- so pleased that they could maybe go back to where they were. And it is a testament to how unhappy Amy must have been without Sheldon that she wanted to go back without any conditions, to a man whom she thought loved her so lightly that she could suggest going back after six months of near radio silence.

And then Sheldon-gently, without recriminations or acrimony- tells her that he was hurt, that she hurt him, that he couldn't allow that again. And I think it must have been then, for the first time, that Amy had a notion of how consuming, how almost-tragically deep Sheldon's love for her is.

Jesus, that's maudlin. Thankfully, Dave is coming up next. And there's a thought. Amy, dating Dave, even though she knows it's actually Sheldon she wants. Rudderless again. Oh, Amy. Oh, girl.

*By which I do not mean that I think that the breakup arc was necessary. At all. I am merely stipulating that Amy did what she thought she had to do at the time.

Yes, all of this,  which is a freaking amazing summary.  Like I said, I can't even imagine what has gone through her head between that moment in the car and the moment she calls Dave again.

If he wasn't the rebound guy before, he sure is next date.  :-(

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bluebird said:

I'm almost convinced that he did indeed know what she meant. The way he quickly glances at her before the "silly" comment. He has said during these last couple of seasons that he isn't that oblivious that everybody thinks. He does get comments like this better than he did before. But if he did understand what she meant, why the silly comment? It's obvious that he'd missed her just as much. Maybe he was surprised/caught off guard about it and quickly gave a response that indicated something else. Maybe he was just getting comfortable of them being friends since it felt like a "safety-zone" right now to him. As a friend he wouldn't have to fear about losing her again. So maybe he got kind of scared, because with that comment Amy was threatening all that, moving the conversation into the more dangerous zone. Maybe he was afraid of his own feelings. He had gotten some kind of control over his feelings and Amy's confession caused fear of losing that control.

I don't know, maybe we're just over-analyzing this, maybe not. I love rewatching these episodes, because I find something new, some kind of nuance that I had missed before. 

Honestly, after watching it again, I too think that Sheldon knew exactly what Amy meant. He just wasn't ready to get into that right then....going into protection mode. He made his following comment and called her, "Silly" to keep her from knowing that he understood her.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, notchinc said:

Interesting .... perhaps future episodes will play up the new sexual tension. Maybe Sheldon's comment in 9x11 about waiting until Amy's next birthday wasn't a joke.  Mayim did hint to a whole different tension.  IMO there's comedy in seeing them try to control themselves and fail.   

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

And in the meantime, God knows I've been questioning the depth of Amy's feelings. I still can't shake the disquieting thought that while she is irreplaceable to him, he... may not be, to her. And that is a really fundamental imbalance. And then I think that that maybe that's unfair. What little we were shown of Amy after the breakup suggested that she was rudderless, drifting. She seemed disconnected from everybody around her, listlessly trying things- earrings, dates, whatever- to see what would stick. Nobody was asking her the right questions- not that she'd know what the right questions would be. And that may be- not necessarily the actions of a person without depth of feeling, but a person who had underestimated the depth of her feeling. A person who had opened herself up to a slew of unfamiliar experiences, and who got a little lost sorting out what she truly wanted from what she had been instructed to want. In the aquarium, there was a light of recognition, of homecoming, in Amy's eyes. All the things she had been lashing herself to pursue seemed to pale in comparison with her companion - the exasperating ex-boyfriend who wouldn't woo her in the way she had been told to want, who wouldn't pursue her in the way she had told herself to expect, but who was stimulating and generous in his own specific, maddening way.

The bold part. So true.

Before this break up, I would consider it ridiculous because Amy had always been so patient with Sheldon and Sheldon had always been, well, Sheldon. But now, although I hate to admit it, I think it's true. I think if they didn't end up together (which of course we know won't happen), Amy might be able to find someone else, but Sheldon will end up alone.

Especially after what happens in S9E11, sure Sheldon did what he did because he loves Amy but on the other hand, I think he was so afraid to lose her again so he went all out, desperately trying to make her happy. It's both beautiful and a little sad to see him like this.

• Like 1

Hi so I'm new in the forum and idk if someone already posted it because I skipped lots of pages of this topic but... Is there a promo for the episode 10? I really want to see it. I already read all the taping reports but I really can't imagine some things lol.

Btw this community is really cool, I wish I found it before :D anyone can tell me how to change my picture?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, April said:

OMG Did they sit her down and ask what shenanigans she's game for??? WHAT IS GOING ON? If that means more bedroom adventures with Shamy: Dear lord, have mercy on us! O_o

2 hours ago, jenafan said:

That's a good question.   I'm thinking it's a misspeak.   I don't think Mayim knows what the writers have planned several months in advance unless they have discussed these things with her to prepare her for what's coming.

I'm wondering if Mayim's comment is merely about the writer's decision that Shamy was ready for sex. In past interviews Mayim has remarked that her and Jim have been surprised by some of the writers choices like the ILYs. Maybe she doesn't think Shamy's at the point to have sex but she will act what's written. Remember she did brush off the ET interviewer's question about makeup sex.  Perhaps that's what the shock is, she didn't think Shamy was ready for sex yet....just a thought.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kazzie said:

Guys.

OUR BABIES.

Still not sinking in.. fuck..

And you watched it! Haha you must have been beside yourself. I honestly don't think I could have survived the two tapings you witnessed.

I must say, I've just loved reading everyone's thoughts today. What a touching episode. I've rewatched it many times. Like with Spock Resonance I'm just blown away by the seriousness and thoughtfulness put into the writing of these episodes. Seeing Sheldon and Amy like this is so painful, of course, but I think seeing them this way makes the upcoming episodes all the more exciting and wonderful. What love they have for each other! Bravo, writers.

1 minute ago, tmp said:

I can't stop thinking about one detail we got about the taping, and it gives me the feels in a big way.  After they made love, they cuddled together and Sheldon rested his cheek on her head.  That's just about the most loving act of physical affection I can think of.  And this from the guy who, four years ago, was no one's "snuggle bunny".

I know!! How romantic has our Shelly boy become? It's just the sweetest thing in the world. He really loves her... big time.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Flaky said:

I'm wondering if Mayim's comment is merely about the writer's decision that Shamy was ready for sex. In past interviews Mayim has remarked that her and Jim have been surprised by some of the writers choices like the ILYs. Maybe she doesn't think Shamy's at the point to have sex but she will act what's written. Remember she did brush off the ET interviewer's question about makeup sex.  Perhaps that's what the shock is, she didn't think Shamy was ready for sex yet....just a thought.

She never is very much optimistic about this, about the ship itself, that's why I stopped believing her. Ok, who knows better than her, which "is" the character? Only the writers but Idk...her comments seems to always use reverse psychollogy. Like this one; she said it was beautiful. Is not beautiful, or then my concept of "beautiful" is very different of hers. IMO 9.11 is beautiful, in everything.

19 minutes ago, kazzie said:

Guys.

OUR BABIES.

Still not sinking in.. fuck..

When people earlier this year started using #coitusiscoming and #coitusiscoming2015 I laughed. I thought you guys were wrong and that they would make us suffer more and more. I'm so glad that I was wrong instead. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, camelliayao said:

I kind of feel that she wasn't talking about the intimacy part. She was mostly referring to the drama part.

Because she said "it’s really to the credit of our writers to mix a lot of the dramatic moments but still make it feel like a sitcom and be a comedy. So I credit our writers.”

I also felt she was referring to the heavy dramatic scenes in that quote rather then the sex scenes.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kazzie said:

I honestly can't get it out of my head... My first day back at work and I was SO DISTRACTED. Any mention of star wars, Just anything my mind races.. I mean. Shit.. It was so damn good!

DON'T. I keep seeing shit at work with SW branding all over it and I'm exactly the same! My heart skips a beat thinking of the Shamy doing it. 

Re: Mayim's blog post. Shit. Give get some cofidence women! you are not a bad actor in the slightest!! This season you've had me in stitches one minute and the floods of tears the next. YOU STOPPED A WHOLE AUDIENCE FROM LAUGHING AT A VERY FUNNY LINE IN LAST NIGHTS EPISODE BECAUSE YOU WERE BEING SO BLOODY BRILLIANT

It was heartbreaking though. Seeing them so happy and her so hurt. But, I dunno feel free to argue, I got a sense that Sheldon almost wanted to make her feel just like he did when she ended it with him. It wasn't in the way Jim delivered lines or looks he gave but it was just a feeling I got.

God these two have literally been on the worlds craziest rollercoaster, got off, puked a few times, gone back on it and passed out this entire season. And we ain't even halfway through. I personally am feeling strained by this journey, it's almost like it's all come at once, I'd have preferred it to have been broken up slightly more, not saying reconciliation and coitus is a bad thing but these events should have happened over the different seasons, not all at once.  Maybe it's just me, I'm very weird :laugh: 

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Amy Fowler said:

,snip>

God these two have literally been on the worlds craziest rollercoaster, got off, puked a few times, gone back on it and passed out this entire season. And we ain't even halfway through. I personally am feeling strained by this journey, it's almost like it's all come at once, I'd have preferred it to have been broken up slightly more, not saying reconciliation and coitus is a bad thing but these events should have happened over the different seasons, not all at once.  Maybe it's just me, I'm very weird :laugh: 

Which is exactly why I think that after New Years we should probably expect some very Shamy lite episodes.  I am sure we will get some cute and awkward "they did it" stuff, but I see a few B plotlines for them for awhile. I don't mind, the rest of the stories need to be told. But what a ride this has been so far, exhausting...in a good way.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Which is exactly why I think that after New Years we should probably expect some very Shamy lite episodes.  I am sure we will get some cute and awkward "they did it" stuff, but I see a few B plotlines for them for awhile. I don't mind, the rest of the stories need to be told. But what a ride this has been so far, exhausting...in a good way.

I hope so. You're right, it is exhausting. I do miss their little B plots, the little experiments they do, their games, their tea chats. 

OH THE FLUFF

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 5