The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

A new girl for Sheldon and the possibility of Amy get a car accidentQuestion 1: Is this really necessary?
Question 2: Is this REALLY necessary?
Question 3: COME ON, REALLY?
Question 4: Does this site has credibility?

In that article, I think the genius they speculate might get a new love interest is Amy since they were just talking about her past. 

This article is just pure speculation with no credibility you guys since they mentioned that we might see Amy's friends from her past.

I thought it was obvious that Amy was friendless before meeting the gang. :icon_rolleyes:

Edited by Luna18
  • Like 4

I thought it was obvious that Amy was friendless before meeting the gang. :icon_rolleyes:

I was going to say this, but do you remind when she talked about her "friends" in Norway? Maybe something like the case of Jimmy Spiekerman (is that his surname?) and Leonard can happen, not with the same storyline (bully apologizes with geek after many years and funny sittuations come from this), but with the same spirit. It could be funny.

I was going to say this, but do you remind when she talked about her "friends" in Norway? Maybe something like the case of Jimmy Spiekerman (is that his surname?) and Leonard can happen, not with the same storyline (bully apologizes with geek after many years and funny sittuations come from this), but with the same spirit. It could be funny.

Hmmm...Yeah I guess it could but I dunno. I am doubtful that it could happen. 

Hmmm...Yeah I guess it could but I dunno. I am doubtful that it could happen. 

I don't know too. Do you rather see an old storyline recycled or a brand new shitty one? 

I would imagine there are work colleagues, former classmates etc.  Not necessarily friends, but people she has some kind of history with.

Edited by A Shamy gal

I don't know too. Do you rather see an old storyline recycled or a brand new shitty one? 

I would rather just get some information regarding her family. Like does she even have a paternal figure in her life or was she raised by a single mother?

• Like 3

Well...when Amy dated Stuart in Season 5, Sheldon indeed asked Penny out, but of course it was just to have Amy back and most likely he didn't considered it as a real "date", since he has been alone with Penny so many times and he is comfortable around her as a good friend. Flirting with a new girl now, for whatever reason,  would be completely OOC. Apart from the fact that, as you said, his character is so well determined that  something really strange has to happen to change him to this level (a coconut on his head, for example, lol...), as far as I understand from the taping report, throughout all the episode he showed his "I hate all women" side, so it will be really strange that, after having stressed it in the premiere, the writers choose so a divergent path. I hope they don't go there...

When Sheldon "asked" Penny out on a date, there is an obvious underlying tone that Sheldon wanted to backhandedly get Penny's opinion on how to get Amy back ("I'm not trying to get her back, but out of curiosity what is a way?"), and was easily swayed by Penny to "strap on a pair and go talk to Amy".

In the second-to-the-last scene on the TR, that is replicated, hence the tea. Only this time, with Penny undergoing a romantic issue herself and her sticking up with Amy, the outcome came differently.

• Like 1

About the spoiler:   It starts out that these were RUMORS so they are not really spoilers.   The article was clear to state they were rumors about the second episode.   Now also consider:

1.  Accident rumor:  First off, we already know from photos taken by Johnny that Bill Nye was on set and therefore likely is in the episode.   Second we know from Mayim that the comic bookstore  set is up and she likely had a scene in it.   Third, we know that Mandy's character has been cast and will be making an appearance in this second episode.  

Therefore, if they added an accident scene which would require a Hospital set and likely an outdoor shoot for the accident itself...I don't know...seems to far-fetched and too packed of an episode to do it with any decency.

2.  Amy's past:   It is likely they will bring on family before "friends" for flushing out her past.  More people are interested in family connections than meeting her old friends.  It seems unlikely they would recycle the Speckleman episode...it was unpopular an episode anyway and they usually don't be that blatant about repeating a story.   So I don't think that is likely.   I do think they will introduce family but not likely in the second episode.  It will be in Season 9 though.

3.  Love interest for the "brokenhearted genius":   This was all in the context of a discussion about Amy so Amy is likely who the author was referring to here (not Sheldon).  But again, I believe that this is RUMOR only and only based on Molaro's comment that Amy has "not ruled it out" when asked if she would date another man.   I honestly doubt they are going to even go there and I don't think they will have Sheldon date anyone else either.   

4.  The rumors are very likely a combination of comments from Molaro and fanfics.   I don't think anyone should get worked up over these because they are what they are..RUMORs and suppositions from other people that are trying to figure out what may happen just like the rest of us.   

• Like 6

I think Johnny's Bill Nye picture is a throwback picture...I know he didn't label it as such, but it's the same shirt and bow tie that Nye wore for The Proton Displacement.

• Like 3

I think Johnny's Bill Nye picture is a throwback picture...I know he didn't label it as such, but it's the same shirt and bow tie that Nye wore for The Proton Displacement.

I wondered, but Johnny usually is very good about mentioning throwbacks which made me wonder.   But I do think you are right.  

Diddnt Amy date Stuart in s5? So wouldent be such a disservice or OOC if either dated other ppl. Despite contary opinion, would be good for them to get more exp. Not so reliant on each other, its clearly unhealthy. Thats just me though. Some say they did a disservice to Sheldon when they paired him with any female, so that boat has shipped..

This is Shamy, not Lenny, who date and sleep around all the time...

On a different note.

I've been thinking about this (and could just be FF material), but what if when Shamy get's back together, they have their first time?

A sort of make up/we are back together sex?

I was thinking about this too and I agree with you. They can make out decently this time, and would be a way of saying "I missed you".

• Like 3

I have hidden some posts  (subject to clarification) as derogatory comments about other ships are not allowed in a ship zone.  

There were some posts that tried to refute the posts subject to clarification, those should not have been posted, the posts requiring clarification, should have reported.

I have also hidden a couple of posts that quoted other, hidden posts.

Once we have clarification, we may unhide some of the posts.

Edited by Tensor

After last season finale, I was hoping for some sort of "passionate" make up, whether with their first time or with a finally uncut kissing scene, and my hopes went  as high as a proposal. But after reading the TR,  I don't think it will be a good idea: their fight in the premiere was so unpleasant, they both said (of course unintentionally) so bad things and both of them seem so hurt now that I really hope they clear everything up before going forward. Otherwise, it will remain the impression that whatever happens in the make up is not the fruit of love, but just an attempt to quickly resolve the situation and I don't know how I would like it.

Edited by mirs1

After last season finale, I was hoping for some sort of "passionate" make up, whether with their first time or with a finally uncut kissing scene, and my hopes went  as high as a proposal. But after reading the TR,  I don't think it will be a good idea: their fight in the premiere was so unpleasant, they both said (of course unintentionally) so bad things and both of them seem so hurt now that I really hope they clear everything up before going forward. Otherwise, it will remain the impression that whatever happens in the make up is not the fruit of love, but just an attempt to quickly resolve the situation and I don't know how I would like it.

I'm still hoping for a passionate makeup, either with their first time or an uncut kissing scene...just after everything has cleared up between them and they're not as hostile and hurt.

All in good time.

• Like 4

The accident rumour is probably just that, a rumour, but I think it could be a really interesting path if the writers decided to go down it at some stage.

Just think, you have Leonard driving, Penny in the passenger seat, Sheldon and Amy in the backseat on either side. Shamy are still broken up, haven't really spoken since the split, but have decided to put their differences aside to accompany Lenny somewhere (not really important where for this scenario). Lenny, still trying to work through their own problems, end up arguing over something pointless. Throughout their argument you see Sheldon lean in between them several times to tell Leonard to watch the road or they'll crash, and then again to warn Leonard of a red light up ahead. Still arguing, Leonard powers through the intersection and their car is hit by another car, sending their vehicle spiralling across the road. The camera cuts between the exterior and interior of the car while you hear all four characters screaming. The car finally comes to a stop after hitting something else. Inside the car, Penny is wide-eyed and breathing heavily, Leonard is gripping the steering wheel and looks shocked, and you see Sheldon pull Amy to him. No one speaks. Two-three seconds later, a poll or something similar falls across the roof of the car on the rear drivers side. Shamy's eyes look to the poll, which has caved the roof in slightly, before they shift back to stare at each other significantly. The poll would have hit Amy, if Sheldon had not reached for her. The scene cuts to the other plot of the episode, which then cuts back to the scene of the accident where all four characters are standing outside the car looking at the wreck. Sheldon shakes his head "Leonard, I told you thusly". Later on in the episode we see Sheldon visit Amy to see if she is okay after the episode, which leads to her thanking him for saving her. They discuss how the accident has put things into perspective and that neither wants to be apart from the other any more because life is too short and you never know what could happen. Cue kiss.

My ramblings aside, whatever happens, I think the writers know what they are doing.

• Like 8

The accident rumour is probably just that, a rumour, but I think it could be a really interesting path if the writers decided to go down it at some stage.

Just think, you have Leonard driving, Penny in the passenger seat, Sheldon and Amy in the backseat on either side. Shamy are still broken up, haven't really spoken since the split, but have decided to put their differences aside to accompany Lenny somewhere (not really important where for this scenario). Lenny, still trying to work through their own problems, end up arguing over something pointless. Throughout their argument you see Sheldon lean in between them several times to tell Leonard to watch the road or they'll crash, and then again to warn Leonard of a red light up ahead. Still arguing, Leonard powers through the intersection and their car is hit by another car, sending their vehicle spiralling across the road. The camera cuts between the exterior and interior of the car while you hear all four characters screaming. The car finally comes to a stop after hitting something else. Inside the car, Penny is wide-eyed and breathing heavily, Leonard is gripping the steering wheel and looks shocked, and you see Sheldon pull Amy to him. No one speaks. Two-three seconds later, a poll or something similar falls across the roof of the car on the rear drivers side. Shamy's eyes look to the poll, which has caved the roof in slightly, before they shift back to stare at each other significantly. The poll would have hit Amy, if Sheldon had not reached for her. The scene cuts to the other plot of the episode, which then cuts back to the scene of the accident where all four characters are standing outside the car looking at the wreck. Sheldon shakes his head "Leonard, I told you thusly". Later on in the episode we see Sheldon visit Amy to see if she is okay after the episode, which leads to her thanking him for saving her. They discuss how the accident has put things into perspective and that neither wants to be apart from the other any more because life is too short and you never know what could happen. Cue kiss.

My ramblings aside, whatever happens, I think the writers know what they are doing.

*me wants* Somebody please write this down in a fanfiction !!!!

• Like 4

I think the whole accident rumor is hysterical. It's pretty obvious these "news sites" come on here for spoilers, and can't even tell fans' speculation and random scenarios from actual spoilers. People were discussing the possibility of a car accident (half jokingly) in the Spoilers thread for fun. I really believe that's where the whole idea of the "car crash" came from. From a purely speculative perspective, I don't think something as dramatic as a car crash fits the tone of this show, unless it's something REALLY minor that Sheldon blows out of proportion (be it his injuries or Amy's). 

Another thing that occurred to me from a purely "wishful scenarios" perspective, is... since the RA hasn't yet been brought up with regards to the breakup, I would love to see Sheldon realize the termination hasn't been signed and take/send it to Amy to sign and when she opens it, she can't bring herself to do it. I think anything right now that reassures me this won't play out like a standard breakup and/or that Amy doesn't really want it, would go a long way to make me feel better about this whole thing.

• Like 6

When they back together:

Sheldon: we are together again?

Amy (with a smile): Yes.

Sheldon: Oh, aleluya.

And go and kiss her without thinking :)

• Like 2