• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

1 hour ago, kazzie said:

I honestly can't get it out of my head... My first day back at work and I was SO DISTRACTED. Any mention of star wars, Just anything my mind races.. I mean. Shit.. It was so damn good!

This was me at the taping..

Cheering-in-Crowd-EVO-2012.gif

cheeringstarterfor10.gif

People stared at me.. I Really don't care.

Man, I'm so jealous and I miss the time when we were screaming together at the taping!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jlove said:

Finishing up rewatching.  The tag scene.  Oh my.  Amy, oh my.  She is SCARED.  She is trying not to cry from the get-go.  I'm now 100% convinced she has regretted this for a long time but not known how to come back from it.  She spent time with him and it hit her hard.  She had to make the effort, she had to go for it, but I don't think, as we have speculated, that she was oblivious, just "expecting him to take her back automatically."  To me she sounds very nervous, terrified even of what his response might be, but she's holding it together, trying, because she can't NOT try.  It was too good, and too hard seeing him today and everything has built up on her, the memories, the regret, the longing, the fear and she has to call him now because she can't wait any longer, but damn she's scared.  And then, of course, the world falls away from under her feet.  Wow.

Welcome to the club! A lot of us believed early on that she regretted the break up, that really she only needed time and Sheldon's pestering behavior forced her hand. The stairwell scene was the first fear she felt and regret set in...I sound like a broken record on this forum, but I believe she intended all along to try the reconciliation during their outing once she saw Sheldon didn't hate her. She never even really asks to be his GF, she starts off with "listen, I was thinking" and ends up merely stating she's ready to be his GF again...yeah she was a little nervous looking but I think it had more to do with being sheepish for having to go that route. Like Mayim said in her post today, Amy mistakenly thought Sheldon was waiting on her to move forward since she "applied the brakes" to the relationship ( which is a rookie move that most high school kids in their first relationship have probably done lol).... she grossly misjudged the anguish Sheldon suffered in the break up. Mayim did a wonderful job in showing in that brief shot at the end the astonishment, realization, panic, and despair that Amy went through when she heard Sheldon turn her down...heartbreaking to watch.

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, jenafan said:

Yes, this was heartbreaking, and for those who had not been spoiled, they probably thought the same thing as Sheldon.    They probably assumed she had and just didn't want to break it to him.   The writers did their job in creating the suspense, and again, good acting on the part of Jim and Mayim.

I thought it was interesting that in the beginning Sheldon was doing all the talking and it irritated him that Amy was making him do all the work on the discussion front.   Clearly he wants interaction.   He's tired of being alone with his thoughts and listening to himself talk.   Another sign of maturity on his part. 

I loved that he acknowledged, too, that there were still things he didn't know about her, like having an aunt in Bakersfield.   Sheldon was probably thinking, I've been to Bakersfield.   What a small world.

I don't think Amy's hesitation was that she didn't want to reveal.   She was caught off guard by the change in direction and demeanor of the conversation and that Sheldon got right to the point about what he really wanted to know.  Coitus is not something that they have really discussed, and for him to be so blunt not only about knowing that she's been seeing other men, but her intent with them made her uncomfortable.    It probably hurt her to confirm that she had dated because she regretted it and was likely worried about how he would respond.   

The old Sheldon would have chastised her for even attempting to date, but he showed no jealously at all.   He just wanted to know and assumed he already knew the answer and was preparing himself to hear it out of her own mouth.

"Are you doing all right?"  I think she was not only concerned with how he has been since the break up, but how he was feeling in that moment after her revelation.

One line confused me:

I really don't know what she was getting at by telling Sheldon that she just wants him to be  happy.   Clearly he has not been, and she didn't seem to want to fix it sooner.   However, he told her that he believes her, not that he is.    Why does Sheldon believe she wants him to be happy after what they've been through?  Maybe someone can expound upon that because the line confused me.   Is it because she offered to go to the aquarium with him?

You and I have been in the "regret" camp for a while I think, and I just saw her comment as just another sign of her regret that she took the break up as far as she did. When she tells him to ask her more relevant questions and he pops her with the first dating question, if you watch her she immediately glances out the driver window. It was brief and subtle, but nonetheless there. Her dating sessions are not something she wants to admit or revisit. If she in fact regretted the break up, and I think we agree she did, then she has been harboring some guilt associated with making a big mistake. Forget for a minute that Sheldon's behavior didn't help, because at this point it is irrelevant because Amy wants him back regardless. 

So, if she regrets a mistake she made, she's gonna feel guilt over it and some embarrassment too...it explains her behavior when the gang made fun of her dating app, explains why she didn't share much with the ladies, and it explains some of her cues when she agrees she is silly. 

She wants to assure Sheldon that she still cares, and hopes what she did doesn't make him unhappy....Sheldon says he is okay with a degree of authority, and it's probably a relief to Amy...we all know what Sheldon REALLY went through, and clueless Amy would find out too later that night. It wasn't her fault that she was clueless since she never saw that side of him during the break up, and had no expectation that he was affected since no one told her....but I doubt that she is completely ignorant about how something like this break up potentially could have affected Sheldon. 

Her asking him if he's okay, and an assurance that she only wants him happy, is a reality check for her and somewhat of an apology if he was affected by her decision...his "I'm okay" response made it easier for her to try to resume a romantic relationship. But like Mayim said in her post, Amy made an assumption based on her control of the break up, and Amy soon learned there was a big consequence to that break up decision, and her behavior during it (Sheldon saw the kiss)...

7 hours ago, jenafan said:

It is so interesting the way the writers are having Amy mirror exactly everything Sheldon went through.    

It's like they are making sure both of them are being punished for their parts in the break up so they both will learn not to take the other for granted and both will grow in the relationship.

Sheldon and Amy really are two peas needing to be in the same pod.

Absolutely, but I prefer to say the both suffered the consequences of their behavior. Neither of them were outright malicious in what they did, so they were undeserving of being punished. Sheldon can be an ass hat but I don't think he purposely wants to be. And Amy reacted emotionally and probably rashly when she broke up with Sheldon....they both, however, needed to see that their decisions did have an impact and consequences, and they had to suffer them in order to gain an appreciation and better understanding of just what they each did...

And now, they both do. And the balance has been restored....and THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is what I really look forward to going forward. No more " skewing" in Sheldon's favor, no more jabs at Sheldon or hurtful behavior towards Amy...just two people with a healthy and mutual adoration for one another, a couple who are a team and not competitors.....

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, jenafan said:

Sheldon was not angry she was on a date.   He likely expected it and walked away apologizing for interrupting.    If he had not shown up when he did, I wonder just how far things would have gotten with Dave.   It seemed Amy had given up on Sheldon as she thought Sheldon had with her.

Thankfully, Sheldon's brain combined with his feelings saved the day and their relationship.    I believe Sheldon had been considering intimacy with Amy before the break up, but was still thinking through it.   After reconciliation, he stopped thinking and started feeling, and that made all the difference and explains why it happened so quickly.   

Yes...it reminded me of the ending to "When Harry Met Sally", when billy crystal has his epiphany and runs several blocks in street clothes to intercept Meg Ryan at the New Years ball...."It's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."... One of the wife and I's favorite movies!

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

<snip>

Absolutely, but I prefer to say the both suffered the consequences of their behavior. Neither of them were outright malicious in what they did, so they were undeserving of being punished. Sheldon can be an ass hat but I don't think he purposely wants to be. And Amy reacted emotionally and probably rashly when she broke up with Sheldon....they both, however, needed to see that their decisions did have an impact and consequences, and they had to suffer them in order to gain an appreciation and better understanding of just what they each did...

Thank you for your add on clarification of my commentary.   Your post made me realize the word "punished" was a poor choice of words on my part and not really what I meant.  "Suffered the consequences", as you so eloquently used, is a better description of what they are going through, and I agree, neither were being malicious.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, camelliayao said:

I literally spit my drink all over my screen. But I don't think that'll happen. It'll be wayyyyyyyy too OOC for Shamy.

5 hours ago, A Shamy gal said:

Maybe they've hinted to her about them doing a shower scene like Leonard had with Pyria?

Sorry I quoted in the wrong order and can't change it... I just had a huge goofy smile thinking about possible shower scenes... I don't think it would be too OOC now (well, at least after they've got used to it a bit more) because it would be very sanitary, wouldn't it? However, some preparation might be required, adhesive ducks might not be sufficient, so Sheldon could add some handles and give her a safety lecture first, but then they would be fine;-)

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, shamour said:

Sorry I quoted in the wrong order and can't change it... I just had a huge goofy smile thinking about possible shower scenes... I don't think it would be too OOC now (well, at least after they've got used to it a bit more) because it would be very sanitary, wouldn't it? However, some preparation might be required, adhesive ducks might not be sufficient, so Sheldon could add some handles and give her a safety lecture first, but then they would be fine;-)

I like your way of thinking.:icon_wink:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Yes...it reminded me of the ending to "When Harry Met Sally", when billy crystal has his epiphany and runs several blocks in street clothes to intercept Meg Ryan at the New Years ball...."It's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."... One of the wife and I's favorite movies!

My hubby and mine, too!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, shamour said:

We are in a drought in California after all. Save the water, baby. :-ppppppp

• Like 3

So I came across this comment on the TBBT Wiki page and I have to say I agree with it:

"Well Sheldon is a non-religious person and he is a scientist.  Technically, having sex before marriage is keeping him more in character...I don't think he's the type who needs a marriage contract to solidify his reason for intercourse.  The fact that he was thinking about proposing already means that sex must've been on his mind for a while now.  Plus, I think the actual show will have him be pretty much in character.  The descriptions here are sometimes more emotional than what happens on the show; he's still Sheldon. by 99.244.127.87"

Edited by overdosedcanary
  • Like 6

I've known from the moment he said, "this changes things...." during the talk he had with his mom about him catching her in the act with some church fellow, that he wasn't waiting until marriage for sex. 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, April said:

The article suggests that it was recently after the spoiler announcement - but that could be misleading on their part. Who knows?

I think the idea that they don't plan things in advance is a big fat lie. There, I said it! lol

Yeah, no, but seriously, they may not write their scripts many months in advance, but with the stuff they've written this season I'm sure there's at least some level of rudimentary planning for the big story beats.

At least this story arc was planned in all its details, from the beginning, to its end on the SW movie premiere....Maybe they got inspiration from the title of the movie! LOL!!

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, bluebird said:

Day 4 after taping. Still feeling like this

beautifulday.gif.abc185c1e995be418e579eb

I'm already a little less excited about this but only because my personal life has gotten bit iffy.  Anyways, if anyone is feeling antsy about the wait I could post my Shamy Christmas video up on youtube but it depends nothing can top that episode as of now.  And the Christmas video is ok, its actually less magical than I feel it is.  I'm still working on Best Is Yet To Come video (if anyone remembers that one I had it here like a month ago), I just haven't finished it yet because there are certain scenes necessary that haven't aired and certain scenes that I want that I don't know when will it happen and air, like proposals and stuff....

Edited by snow*flower
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, notchinc said:

You know what? .. I am shuddering every time Mayim gives a new interview because she always uses such ambiguous phrases that leaves mixes feelings in my fragile heart! :crazypilot: ok... ahah

It's interesting! And i love her hints and teases.. "the moments will move faithful viewers, who been glued to the awkward plight of the odd couple for years" -  .yes yes what can we do with it.. nothing, only to be glued to this odd BEST couple
but dramatic moments... what, I'm sorry? Forget this word - DRAMATIC, for ever!)

I hope it was (and yes, sure, will be..... LOL) not too uncomfortable for her shooting intimate scenes ....

Edited by AlFisher
  • Like 2

tumblr_mtty0xBqti1qasxjlo2_250.gif

Watched this episode today and forgot she referred to Sheldon as her sweet baboo...very cute. I know there was speculation that Sheldon's new pet name for Amy would be Darlin, any thoughts about what Amy will call Sheldon? Does baboo work, or is everyone set on snuggles?

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 2

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic