[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Doesn't like as in the opposite of like or doesn't mind?

Because my boyfriend says he doesn't like " my stupid TV shows " but in fact from time to time he watches with me ( and I suspect him of watching because of Penny, but well, whatever ... )

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

3 hours ago, mirs1 said:

At least this story arc was planned in all its details, from the beginning, to its end on the SW movie premiere....Maybe they got inspiration from the title of the movie! LOL!!

The moment they announced the Star Wars title I imagine someone in the writer's room being all excited like GUYS! GUYSSSSS!!! I HAVE AN IDEA! and then it spiralled out of control... lmao

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Ranger Rosa said:

Why you do this to my little heart?
WG9NoO1.gif
(don't stop).

Sorry! 

I'll do a happy one tonight I promise! 

12 hours ago, notchinc said:

“In a couple more weeks it’s a whole other new tension.”

I'm gone.

2 hours ago, rachelshamyfan said:

My new boyfriend doesn't like tbbt

Xleb2yC.gif

135093864975413.gif

• Like 4

10 hours ago, jenafan said:

I've been thinking about last night's episode all day, and I keep coming back with more possible scenarios of what's going on between the lines.

After several months, Sheldon had accepted having no relationship with Amy at all.   He even said so in the beginning of the episode that Amy was not with him (as a friend or a girlfriend).   You can see the nervousness in his face when he Skypes Amy.   It so strange that even the word friendship is awkward between them.  Amy offers for them to go out again as friends.   Sheldon questioned it, but wants to go to the Aquarium.  He has no one to drive him.  He's uncomfortable, and even the list of internet questions he compiled to avoid awkwardness was awkward.

The more I think about the coitus question, he was not asking because he expected that he still had a chance with her.   He was asking out of mere curiosity and to find out if that was indeed one of the things she was seeking during the break up.   If she had, I think instead of being mad at her, he'd probably be mad at himself, realizing that it was just another area in their relationship where he failed to provide her what she needed.

In the car, Sheldon told Amy in response to her putting the cereal bag in the dash that he was not surprised she had gentlemen callers pounding at her door.   He was speaking in the present, not in the past.   I take this to mean he expected it to continue and realized if sex were really what she was after, she could have gotten it.    His mind is put at ease knowing that this is not part of what drove her away from him.

I noticed at the aquarium, Amy threw in Sponge Bob Square Pants in the three fish choices.    Sheldon said he couldn't befriend him because he's fictional.   Hmm, quite a change from someone who has always emulated fictional characters?   Then he said he would swallow a hagfish, whose slimy mucus would typically repulse him.  Hmm?   Sheldon immediately got serious just staring at the display in front of him.   What was he thinking about?  

When Amy says she's missed this, he asks how should could miss a game they've never played?   He was serious and walked away.  Perhaps the mention of the game was a cover.  Perhaps he was referring to this new side of him, the man who has been broken, who no longer puts fictional characters before people, who is trying to enjoy being around her now as a friend rather than focus on what he lost, a man who is feeling instead of just manufacturing motions, a man who has been trying to get more comfortable with intimacy.   How can she miss something she's only been around for a few hours and really does not know?

They went out as friends and had a good day.    Sheldon expected that they would just continue to be friends, not that they would have a reconciliation.  To me it was exciting to have Sheldon go back and tell Lenny that he had a good day with Amy and was happy to find that they could function as friends.  He meant that.   Again, he had no aspirations of a reconciliation.   

When Amy called and said she was ready to be his GF again, he was caught off guard.  He hesitated.   You could see emotion in his facial expression.   He cut her off.   He doesn't need her talking him into it.   It might work.   He said getting over her was not something he was good at.    He had finally accepted that they could be friends, and now she is asking him to re-open a wound that was finally starting to heal but had left a scar.    This is not mechanical Sheldon anymore with a wall up and a Relationship Agreement to protect him who would jump at the chance just to have her for himself.   He wants her company, but anything more than friends is not safe for him now.    He feels now.  He loves her and knows he's vulnerable to being hurt again.  He's had coitus on the brain.  He needs the safety of friendship and changed the subject immediately to something neutral and safe.

I agree with other posters that by learning that Amy has not rejected him after all and does want him back is the catalyst that gets the gears turning in his brain leading to the lyrics getting stuck in his head, his realization, and going after her to reconcile.  

Sheldon was not angry she was on a date.   He likely expected it and walked away apologizing for interrupting.    If he had not shown up when he did, I wonder just how far things would have gotten with Dave.   It seemed Amy had given up on Sheldon as she thought Sheldon had with her.

Thankfully, Sheldon's brain combined with his feelings saved the day and their relationship.    I believe Sheldon had been considering intimacy with Amy before the break up, but was still thinking through it.   After reconciliation, he stopped thinking and started feeling, and that made all the difference and explains why it happened so quickly.   I would go so far as to say that there was a lot of healing between the two of them in their consummation through physical expressions that words just simply can't touch.   Their handholding afterward is telling.  

Oh my god, this is so insightful and beautiful .....wow !

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gbb said:

So, in the name of scientific inquiry I present the hagfish:

http://youtu.be/pmaal7Hf0WA

Fascinating.

LMAO when they put it in a glass labeled "Hagfish slime". What's wrong with those guys?

9 hours ago, jenafan said:

If Sheldon thinks he can swallow this, he's ready.

You just killed me. 

10 hours ago, kazzie said:

I honestly can't get it out of my head... My first day back at work and I was SO DISTRACTED. Any mention of star wars, Just anything my mind races.. I mean. Shit.. It was so damn good!

This was me at the taping..

Cheering-in-Crowd-EVO-2012.gif

cheeringstarterfor10.gif

People stared at me.. I Really don't care.

By the way, isn't James McAvoy awesome?

27 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I don't see them making a big deal of it but I do think we'll see them in bed together in the morning or discussing something as they are going to bed at night. I don't see it becoming the Shamy sex show as a lot of people are moaning it will *rolls eyes* 

I trust the writers to handle it all with humour :)

Yeah, I'd like to see that too. All these Shamy discussions make me feel so happy.

I wonder how will the guys react if they know about Shamy's coitus? It must be really hilarious. :D

• Like 3

Anyone else have problems logging on to the forum today? I laughed to myself thinking maybe a Shamy gif count down party was happening and crashing the site.

Edited by Flaky
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cherry said:

Doesn't like as in the opposite of like or doesn't mind?

Because my boyfriend says he doesn't like " my stupid TV shows " but in fact from time to time he watches with me ( and I suspect him of watching because of Penny, but well, whatever ... )

Apparently it's not funny......but there are other things we both like to watch so that's ok

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 1

Does anyone else notice the "lump" on his left shoulder towards his back?  Did he break a bone or his shoulder blade?  Does anybody else see that or is it just me?  I can see it in other pics of this scene too.

image.jpg

13 hours ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

from season 7 episode 11: 

" I'm saving myself for someone special. Perhaps a cute bespectacled neuroscientist with hair the colour of mud." 

Of course, THIS was Amy teliing the story  but still, it will happen EXACTLY 2 years later. 

and if they get married in 10.2 then it will be "exactly four years" as Amy suggested... the writers may in fact be gods :p

7 hours ago, bluebird said:

Day 4 after taping. Still feeling like this

beautifulday.gif.abc185c1e995be418e579eb

related to your gif but totally unrelated to this forum: god I really miss Cory Monteith :( 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Does anyone else notice the "lump" on his left shoulder towards his back?  Did he break a bone or his shoulder blade?  Does anybody else see that or is it just me?  I can see it in other pics of this scene too.

image.jpg

I wonder if that's the broken collarbone he was referring to in the "Spock Resonance."    Maybe they incorporated a RL injury into the story.

• Like 2

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic