The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

1 hour ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

I just want to see an episode later on that shows us HOW much Sheldon actually enjoyed it and is kind of horny but doesn't know how to tactfully  tell Amy he wants more. I think it would be funny to see how he reacts and what he does. 

and don't even say that this would OOC for him BECAUSE everything he has done after meeting Amy is ooc compared to the first 3 seasons. 

Yeah, that would be a hilarious scenario. I wish that would happen so muchhhhh!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I wonder if that's the broken collarbone he was referring to in the "Spock Resonance."    Maybe they incorporated a RL injury into the story.

No that's not the collarbone.  I broke my collarbone when I was 17, it didn't heal right (mainly because I wouldn't wear the brace like I was supposed to during the school day because it made me look like a football player), and in my skinnier days, you can see it and it's more towards the front (the bottom of Jim's neck in my pick, right below the bump I'm referring to is his collarbone).  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

No that's not the collarbone.  I broke my collarbone when I was 17, it didn't heal right (mainly because I wouldn't wear the brace like I was supposed to during the school day because it made me look like a football player), and in my skinnier days, you can see it and it's more towards the front (the bottom of Jim's neck in my pick, right below the bump I'm referring to is his collarbone).  

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about you injury.   Thanks for the clarification on the anatomy.   I just thought perhaps they way they've written Harrison Ford's chin scar into many of his scenes and Parminder Nagra's leg scar in Bend It Like Beckham, they could have done the same thing here.

• Like 1

I know we would like to see other stories in the show and maybe lighten up on Shamy but I am wondering why the writers concentrated so much on this story.  I understand the time factor as we only have as someone pointed out 37 more shows to go before it ends.  However, they could have started down this road a lot sooner (even a year earlier) to give them extra time.  So I'm not sure it was just a time factor.  It would be interesting to live inside of the writers' head right now to understand their thinking.  Just my two cents.

1 hour ago, Kathy2611 said:

Does anyone else notice the "lump" on his left shoulder towards his back?  Did he break a bone or his shoulder blade?  Does anybody else see that or is it just me?  I can see it in other pics of this scene too.

Looks like it's just his trapezius muscle. It can look a bit weird depending on how developed it is due to workout, one's body movement and camera angle. Nothing to worry about from what I can tell.

• Like 2

I don't want to harsh the buzz, but I am really sad if the shows ends as someone points out there are only 37 shows left. However, I just have this feeling that the show won't stop at season 10, there will be at least 1 or 2 seasons left. 

3 hours ago, overdosedcanary said:

Does anybody think that Shamy will do it again in a couple of episodes considering Sheldon's comment is only a joke?

I'm a bit confused, because I've heard it several times now that Sheldon's comment should be just a joke. I know he always takes things very literally, and he said he couldn't wait for her next birthday to do it again if I remember correctly. That means for me that he literally can't wait, so he'd want to repeat it much earlier. So for me it was clear that this would become a regular occurence, although they might probably only mention it as those off-screen moments or when Leonard needs to borrow Sheldon's noise-cancelling headphones or when Amy takes yoga lessons with Penny to improve that opening angle of her hips...

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, overdosedcanary said:

I don't want to harsh the buzz, but I am really sad if the shows ends as someone points out there are only 37 shows left. However, I just have this feeling that the show won't stop at season 10, there will be at least 1 or 2 seasons left. 

yes, I pointed out that there are 37 episodes left. If they continue to season 11, it would be nice, depending on what stories are left to tell.

... I guess we'll find out by this summer. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, overdosedcanary said:

If it's any consolation, Jim Parson feels the same way.   He's thinking S11 and got a little irritated on his interview with Dan Patrick for implying he would ever leave the show.

Like you, I hope it continues.   I can't imagine a life right now without more Shamy and Lenny to look forward to.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, overdosedcanary said:

Does anybody think that Shamy will do it again in a couple of episodes considering Sheldon's comment is only a joke?

Who knows? I would guess that it would at least be mentioned that they did it again.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

yes, I pointed out that there are 37 episodes left. If they continue to season 11, it would be nice, depending on what stories are left to tell.

... I guess we'll find out by this summer. 

5 minutes ago, jenafan said:

If it's any consolation, Jim Parson feels the same way.   He's thinking S11 and got a little irritated on his interview with Dan Patrick for implying he would ever leave the show.

Like you, I hope it continues.   I can't imagine a life right now without more Shamy and Lenny to look forward to.

Yeah, I just can't imagine my life without it now that it has attached to my life. Please never end!!!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, overdosedcanary said:

I don't even want to think about the show ending.. Luckily they have contracts trough next season, but I have a feeling as well that they might go up till 11 seasons. Jim said recently that he has a hunch about 11th season and when has our Captain been wrong. Of course you never know about tv. 

• Like 6

Just now, bluebird said:

I don't even want to think about the show ending.. Luckily they have contracts trough next season, but I have a feeling as well that they might go up till 11 seasons. Jim said recently that he has a hunch about 11th season and when has our Captain been wrong. Of course you never know about tv. 

Preach!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, notchinc said:

if the drama is over, what else the writers had asked her to do or be prepared to be doing?  that is not expected of a sitcom actor? at least according to her ...

although I like the idea of more sexy time for Shamy, I don't think that's it

changing the subject
someone else thinks is suspicious that lately Mayim is working out in the gym of WB?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I agree.  Sheldon said he enjoyed it more than he thought he would.  At first I also thought it was a joke and that Sheldon meant that they would wait until her next birthday.   Amy agreed that was fine.   There is no way at all that now she has him completely she is going to wait that long to have him again, especially since it seems Sheldon took her on a pleasant journey of a lifetime.    Her agreement indicated that she understood that he literally cannot wait until her next birthday.   The fact that they held hands and cuddled afterward shows just how comfortable Sheldon was with it all.

I still can't get passed the description of the way Amy looked afterward.   When Sheldon does something, boy does he do it right, and he must have put a heck of a lot of pent of years of feeling into it.   So Hot!!!

Now that Shamy are past the will they won't they have coitus issue, I certainly hope that the writers won't have Amy pining for it from Sheldon now that she knows what they can accomplish in bed together.   I want their sex to bonding and something they look forward together, not an area of contention where Amy has to beg.   They've already been there and done that just trying to get to the initial coitus.  

I want to see them working through other issues like navigating daily life together and decisions as a couple.   I want to see comedy brought on by the fact that Shamy are now intimate.   We don't necessarily need to see them in bed to enjoy it.   It can be brought up in conversation.   What will be their cues?  Will the tables be turned where Lenny are taunted occasionally by Shamy?

I hope they don't let this issue die, but it doesn't have to be the focus of the show either.

Your comment is exactly what I want to say, but only a better version. 

3 hours ago, jenafan said:

Jim was so cute in that interview. Clearly, he doesn't want the show to end either. Dan kept jokingly getting under his skin, "After two years, Jim Parsons walks away from the Big Bang Theory...."

Jim: "Nooooo, you don't know that......I don't wanna be on here any more." Or whatever he said. Haha. 

Too cute.

Edited by MJistheBOMB
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Soopysue said:

Haha this made me laugh so hard !!! 

Never mind Rachel, my hubbie isn't as keen as I am but he still watches with me ....although sometimes I prefer to watch myself anyway , you know if any parts need extra concentration , you know for *science * purposes !!!!! Like for example we are trying to really work out if Jim ever broke his collar bone and have to pause the TV at any point to check !!!!!!....... :icon_redface:.

Plus in up coming episodes , we may have to pause TV again to check acting technique in any of them  ....erm maybe , well let's say .... Ummmm kissing type shots :icon_cheesygrin: no one needs there boyfriends help with that kind of acting research , if you get me !!! Nudge nudge :blind: ( I'm not really sure what this wee man with sunglasses is doing here , I'm hoping he's just waving with his shades on , that's what I meant him as :) ) 

LMAO!!!!  I love how your mind thinks

Edited by Flaky
  • Like 1