• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

I hope Shamy will be put on the back burner for awhile too. This season has been such a rollercoaster ride, so many emotions!

However, I'm eagerly anticipating Dec 10th and 17th. Is it weird that I'm looking forward to the reconciliation more than the consummation? I still can't get over the 3 make out sessions that we'll see when they get back together! We have so much Shamy goodness to look forward to!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, April said:

Well, at least I was spot on when I said that one or both of these things (coitus/engagement) would be done before episode 200! Yay me! lol 

I'm thinking episode 200 will be the engagement.

That gives them 8 episodes, in which to get them ready for the wedding.

20 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Well, I guess if Sheldon had not been broken down and given into his emotions, the mechanical side of him would have insisted on engagement first, a sign of permanent commitment before coitus.   Perhaps this was where he was headed on their Anniversary.

Now he's feeling his way through everything and realizing that rules need to be broken or ignored to get one's heart's desire.   Predictable Sheldon has now become extremely unpredictable where Amy is concerned.  

Shamy are the writer's creation, and they just keep proving to us time and time again just how unique of a couple they really are by that fact that the majority of the time our speculations on their behavior are out in left field.    We poke, paw, and complain because we don't understand their direction, but in the end we end up satisfied with the results because they've kept them IC, particularly Sheldon, after all.

Sex is obviously a very serious thing for Sheldon and not to be taken lightly.   How many of us (not me) thought it would be awkward, that they would falter, just because he seemed to be clueless as well as inexperienced?    I'm glad that the writers showed that the first time can indeed be an accomplished and beautiful thing between two people discovering it together.       If anything had gone wrong, or he failed to succeed, I'm sure Sheldon would not have been so keen wanting to do it again.   As Amy has done for him so many times, he sees that things are not as bad as he thought they would be.    He may not excel at getting over Amy, but he has proven that he can excel in making her happy, not just physically but by putting her first in sacrificing something he wants to do.   Putting her first worked out to his benefit after all, and he still got to see his beloved SW movie, with her.    I'm sure sharing that with her made it more exciting for him. 

Which brings me back to his oblivious response to his own PP conscience in the tag.  Just because sex is not the foremost thing on his mind, does not mean it is not important to him.   He never wanted it before Amy.   He does now, but it he's not going to be taken over with it.   Sheldon likes control, and he's not going to let himself be controlled by sexual urges.   Rather, he's going to control them, and when he's ready for sex, he will let go.   While not in the midst of focusing solely on the act, and man does he seem to focus, his brain is going to default to other things besides sex.

I like this new side of Sheldon, but I will be amiss not to admit that it also concerns me because there is really no way to know where things are going to go from here.   Will he continue to embrace it, or will he become overwhelmed and show signs of reverting now that he has Amy completely hooked and possibly convinced she won't leave him again because he's given her everything she has wanted?

I hope we don't get a revisit of the old Sheldon who makes her happy for one evening and then brushes her off because he thinks he can until the next time they join together.   I don't want sex to become a weapon between them, so-to-speak.   No, I hope the reconciliation and the consummation will escalate into further growth and maturity on the part of both of them.  

They will still have disagreements with Amy rolling her eyes at Sheldon.  While I don't ever see Sheldon dancing around in a naughty carrot nighty like Leonard to say he's sorry, I do hope to see him making things up to her and winning her over with the romance he swore up and down he could never embrace while still being so Sheldon-y.

For Amy's part, I don't want her to become clingy to where that is the only thing she wants from Sheldon, either.   I want to see the majority of her time engaging his brain, not just his genitals.   I'd prefer to turn to the creativity of our FF writers to satisfy my desire for the latter.

Yes, the consummation was beautiful, but the direction writers choose to take this new step remains to be seen.   I hope instead of a train wreck, we continue seeing them riding the tracks with discovery, challenges that create growth, happiness, and comedy not only for them, but amongst interactions with their friends.   

I love your posts so much. I'm in total agreement with all of this! 

• Like 2

I totally agree with you guys on that the writers can be unpredictable.  Yesterday, I was just thinking this thing where I get a weird sense that the writers read the forums at times so they wouldn't repeat what the fans would constantly think will happen because that would be boring to go in that direction.  But who know what they actually do.  I feel like may be that you guys have so much incite on where this show can go too that this forum and thread doesn't ever really get a break which is why I don't post here that often, I can't seem to keep up with everyone.

And yes, I agree they should have a nice wedding at least once on the show.  But I don't know, usually a tv show wedding consists problems that come along with it.  However, we all know it will end just fine when it does happen.

Edited by snow*flower

10 minutes ago, kazzie said:

Lol do you remember the NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE convos?

ah, youth. 

LMAO gotta say kudos to the writers: We've had so many weird debates in here and they just delivered a clear stance on so many of the concerns with the last episodes. I am in awe!

• Like 1

Just now, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Not for one second, geeks study the shit out of any subject that they're gonna be a part of :icon_redface: 

Ha Ha.   That has always been my take, as well.   In my FF story, I had Sheldon reading, watching videos and doing all kinds of stuff to prepare, and in the end he succeeded.   I had one reviewer tell me that what I wrote would have been OOC, except that the development in the prior chapters made it believable.

One came back and said you can't gain experience from reading books.   That's true, but it can certainly help one to understand the mechanics of it.   Also, Sheldon has been overhearing Penny through his bedroom wall for several years.   He knew the kinds of reactions he should be getting from Amy.  

I'm trying not to get too carried away because being open about this topic makes some uncomfortable.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Ha Ha.   That has always been my take, as well.   In my FF story, I had Sheldon reading, watching videos and doing all kinds of stuff to prepare, and in the end he succeeded.   I had one reviewer tell me that what I wrote would have been OOC, except that the development in the prior chapters made it believable.

One came back and said you can't gain experience from reading books.   That's true, but it can certainly help one to understand the mechanics of it.   Also, Sheldon has been overhearing Penny through his bedroom wall for several years.   He knew the kinds of reactions he should be getting from Amy.  

I'm trying not to get too carried away because being open about this topic makes some uncomfortable.

Oh, I'm pretty sure he did his research first. In the taping report when Sheldon is talking to Arthur the Jedi:   Sheldon says he was hoping he could get some advice. Arthur sinks down onto the bed and starts awkwardly saying how when a man gets off a woman's bloomers ....but Sheldon stops him saying that he knows the mechanics. This is just a big step for them and he wants to do it right, but he's afraid of getting overwhelmed. Arthur tells him that if it's with the right person it'll be okay. 

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 8

Well, he didn't ask Penny....or at least we don't know that part yet (?). Bernie asked Penny does she think Sheldon is ready and that's when Penny said she told Sheldon what girls like or whatever.

Either way, Sheldon obviously collected enough information to be a success . Haha.

Edited by MJistheBOMB
didn't, not did
  • Like 7

Vonmar's quote about PP up there.

Makes me think that the writers had planned Sheldon having sex way back when they killed the poor professor and made him Sheldon's Star Wars subconscious. It was always Star Wars themed first time. 

Edited by notchinc
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, MJistheBOMB said:

Well, he did ask Penny....or at least we don't know that part yet (?). Bernie asked Penny does she think Sheldon is ready and that's when Penny said she told Sheldon what girls like or whatever.

Either way, Sheldon obviously collected enough information to be a success . Haha.

I just want to add that I am elated for Amy.  Good for her.   I think even if Sheldon didn't satisfy her, she still would have been happy just to be in his arms and thought nothing of it.    I am more excited for Sheldon because it proves that what he did was more for her than himself, and winning at it is why he wants to do it again.    He needed to please her, while she just needed to be with him, not knowing what to expect.

Sheldon is determined, but he is not a miraculous sex god or anything like that, nor was her gratification all on him.  I'm sure Amy made it easier for him by her own patience, determination, and sexual nature.  

It was a joint achievement, but of course, Sheldon might take all the credit if Amy will let him.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, cutiepie said:

I could finally talk to someone (I mean face to face) about the episode
my brother is spoiler free, so the conversation was more or less like this:

Me: Tell me what you think of the episode
Brother: It was great, I laughed a lot, especially Lenny with ....
Me: Yes, that was really funny, but I mean Shamy!!!
Brother: Yeah, I liked that part too
Me: but Sheldon rejected Amy !!!
Brother: That's fine, Sheldon doesn't want to make the same mistake
Me: ???
Me: you think it was a mistake to have Amy as his girlfriend? :(
Brother: No, but Sheldon has to mature in order to become Amy's boyfriend again, if they reconcile now, he would behave as usual! and they would break up again and that would be more painful for him
Me: ...!!!
Me: (hug my brother)
Brother: ok, calm down!

this made me so happy and his POV really surprised me because he isn't even a shamy shipper
of course, then we talked more, including what I thought of the episode.

I like your brother. Haha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJistheBOMB said:

5650c69d8ea04_https3A2F2F49.media.tumblr

Someone posted this to Tumblr. Obviously it's not from the actual scene but God, help me. #ShamyFeels

Bloody hell nearly fainted! Actually thought this was shamy at first! Lol

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Geegor said:

Bloody hell nearly fainted! Actually thought this was shamy at first! Lol

I have to admit that when I first saw it I thought the same. I was like, "Holy crap,  we're getting some type of preview of just their hand holding!" Hahaha.

• Like 1

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic