[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

2 hours ago, bluebird said:

hence Amy's crazy after-sex hair and panting.

So it's bare shoulders, sex hair and panting?

You guys are killing me here. :icon_biggrin: 

BTW. Do we know if they used a condom?

I'm wondering, what are the chances of a Shamy baby, in 9 months time?

• Like 2

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Slim to none. They're not gonna have one of the main couples have a baby during the run of the show I don't think :icon_neutral:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MJistheBOMB said:

5650c69d8ea04_https3A2F2F49.media.tumblr

Someone posted this to Tumblr. Obviously it's not from the actual scene but God, help me. #ShamyFeels

I wish I could post an equivalent romantic gif like this but all I can think about is the act itself and a gif from JJ episode 1. But I'm trying to stay cool about it and post less dirty stuff.

2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

It's reasonable to think that they used one. A baby right now would kinda kill the mood, make things harder...as it was initially.
OMG someone stop me please.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I believe that Kazzie described Amy as looking like she had been "dragged through a hedge backwards and then had run a marathon" :sarcastichand:

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I would think Sheldon would have been smart enough to use a condom his first time ever having sex. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Was there ever a mention of Amy being on the pill for regulating her menstrual cycle or is this just a popular fanfiction thing? Sometimes it's difficult for me to differentiate what are the canon things and what are popular fanfiction ones.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bavarian ShamyShipper Girl said:

Was there ever a mention of Amy being on the pill for regulating her menstrual cycle or is this just a popular fanfiction thing? Sometimes it's difficult for me to differentiate what are the canon things and what are popular fanfiction ones.

No, just fan fiction. The only thing related to it is that she wears tampons all month to avoid surprises LOL.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

No, just fan fiction. The only thing related to it is that she wears tampons all month to avoid surprises LOL.

Wouldn't surprise me though if Penny and/or Bernie convinced her that a better way to "avoid surprises" was going on the pill.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

Ah, thank you.

But I think she said she wears "protection" , that's not necessarily tampons, is it? If I remember correct and understand it right. But not important, it's not that I want to start a discussion about what protection is best to use for that purpose. :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by Bavarian ShamyShipper Girl
  • Like 1

Oh I hated this last epidose (9.), I hated it with all my heart !!!
It´s so discouraging, I think I wil NEVER more see this TV show.
My family, my friends and I, we are so disappointed with Sheldon and Amy interaction.
I hated the way he humiliate her, after she give him a new chance!
I feel so anger! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Grrrr, Grrrr and more Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

11 minutes ago, Denyy said:

My spoiler-free friend just texted me "SHELDON IS A F***ING ***HOLE, WHY" 

... I guess she just watched the latest episode :haha:

Just tell her to watch the next one....she won't be sorry.  And the one after that is even better.  But refuse to tell her anything else.

12 minutes ago, Bavarian ShamyShipper Girl said:

It's part of my head canon that penny and Bernadette would have talked her into the pill to regulate herself better so she didn't need to wear pads all the time. Not that as an educated woman who loved sticking around to talk to her gynecologist that she didn't know that. However, I think she would have needed some peer encouragement that taking BC doesn't make you a slut (honestly,  what do you think amy's mother told her? ).

I also believe that if sheldon decided ahead of time to have sex, he would have practiced putting a condom on until he could do it one-handed in the dark while being distracted by the sound of the new Doctor Who playing in the living room.

I've read many versions of both of these in different  fanfics. I never thought anyone was being plagarized. It's just so IC I will continue to take it as self-evident until the official writers do something blatant to contradict it. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cassi Jones said:

My family, my friends and I, we are so disappointed with Sheldon and Amy interaction.

Just to let you know, you are on a spoiler site.  Take heart, things will get better!

I was listening to Wanna Love You Girl by Robin Thicke and it ended up reminding me of Shamy. Here are some of the lyrics:

"She's the kind of girl you wanna marry
The kind of girl you'd walk the whole world for
Put her on your back and just carry
Her attitude is hotter than the earth's core
When she's around nothing else matters
Untouchable, she's got her own forcefield
Sooner or later someone will get at her
If I don't someone else will

Wanna love you girl, wanna love you - girl
Wanna love you girl, wanna love you
Wanna love you girl, wanna love you - girl
Wanna love you girl, wanna love you
Ohh! ohh! ohh! ohh! ohh! ohh! ohh! ohh!

She's the kind of girl you wanna marry
Scientists say that she's the second sunshine
And now my life is sweeter than berries
I guess if we have sex our love will turn to wine
When she's around nothing else matters
Even if the sky was at a stand still
If I turn my back then someone will get at her
If I don't someone else will"

Now I feel someone needs to make a Shamy video with it after these episodes air. LOL!

Edited by MJistheBOMB
  • Like 3

As an old Lenny Shipper I honestly expect them to mess around with Shamy, too. After every Lenny "milestone" there was some kind of severe setback. Partly for the sake of comedy plus they are careful about not writing TBBT too cheesy, but notably for the sake of personal developement. Otherwise how the characters evolved wouldn't have been plausible. It sometimes feels like the writers are somewhat sadistic, but in fact they manage to take us on this wonderful emotional journey (feel free to hate me for saying that) - if everything's going well it wouldn't be half as touching. So be prepaired for further upcoming drama and tragidy, it's painful to go through and hopefully rewarding afterwards. I'm convinced Sheldon and Amy will be together at the end of the show, everything else doesn't make sense to me.

So what happened in former episodes this season was required to make Sheldon aware of his feelings in full depth and I can only speculate what role his sexuality played here. It starts with a rather unidimensional feeling deeper than papercuts.

By the way - as sad as it was - I find it an excellent personal developement of Amy that she drew the line and ended the relationship. She wasn't happy and she couldn't solve the relationship issues neither with being pushy nor with waiting until Sheldon would be ready to make a move. Without the break up it would have taken too long. She takes care of herself - indispensable for a healthy relationship.

(Like previously) Lenny pointed out important things to Sheldon. He wasn't aware a break up means Amy will date other guys making the odds of being her bf again less likely - until Kripke and Leonard tries to prepare him for it. Penny calls him a bad boyfriend clarifying he wasn't meeting Amy's needs. He concludes, that Amy eventually marries a man better than him, so he believes there's somebody out there meeting Amys needs better than him. Wow what a big step for Sheldon to take into account someone could be better than him.

He doesn't want another sexual mate - he didn't even try to check out that girl that accomplished the tasks, and that she was too late seemed like a pretext to me. The major reason is, that his heart still belongs to Amy and he can't open up to another woman and before that experiment he might not have been aware of that.

Some have posted they missed the chemistry between them in the 9th episode. I did not. Look in his eyes when she says she didn't sleep with them how he looks at her (this is killing me) and when she asks him her question. It feels so real because M and J didn't have to fake emotions here I guess, it's how they feel about their characters.

Why is it the most important thing for Sheldon to talk about sex, he doesn't ask something like "are you serious about any of them, is there someone with whom you could imagine to be a good match" or something I would have asked. He acknowledges that Amy missed sex in their relationship and that it's the main reason for their break up. And that she didn't have sex shows him she's not a cheap needy low selfesteemed girl that jumps onto anyone available and that she hasn't found that man better than him yet, it would have made things between them more irrevocable. He can only deal with a friendship at the moment and believes that this version works better for them than a sexual relationship but he has to evaluate this and he hasn't to deal with the fact that Amy is definitely off the market.

After she says she wants him to be happy I found it very clever, that he said "I believe you" instead of "I am". He wants to believe it himself because he doesn't accept anything else to be true, this is what he allows himself to feel about it but subtly we see that it isn't the truth.

I haven't read the entire thread here so - sorry if some things I wrote already have been discussed here more elaborately. I was off for a while and just watched S9.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bavarian ShamyShipper Girl said:

Ah, thank you.

But I think she said she wears "protection" , that's not necessarily tampons, is it? If I remember correct and understand it right. But not important, it's not that I want to start a discussion about what protection is best to use for that purpose. :icon_cheesygrin:

LOL I guess that in this case she means tampons. Why the hell would she wear a condom for the whole month for five years? lmao

30 minutes ago, Bavarian ShamyShipper Girl said:

I'm thinking FF, but I wouldn't be surprised if Amy were on the pill, as she likes to be prepared.    I've mentioned before that I don't envision Sheldon using condoms, but I've been wrong about other things.

Protection has never really been discussed among any of the couples on the show, really.   In fact, it seems Penny has taken quite a few pregnancy tests.

What is important is that all the couples are intimate now in their own ways, not really how they are keeping from getting pregnant.    I incorporated contraception in into my FF because having a condom show up in sex seems to be the norm these days, but I don't care to think too much about it. 

Personally, I find them as mood killers, but that is just me.   So, I admit to guilt in incorporating my own views into Sheldon's character.

12 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

LOL I guess that in this case she means tampons. Why the hell would she wear a condom for the whole month for five years? lmao

Well I never took that she meant she used tampons the whole month, simply because it wouldn't be healthy to do so. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jenafan said:

It was a joint achievement, but of course, Sheldon might take all the credit if Amy will let him.

To borrow a quote from Paul Buchman, to his wife Jamie, in Mad About you:-

It's easy for you. You've just gotta show up, but I'm the one at the free-throw line. :icon_biggrin: 

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cassi Jones said:

You're gonna stop watching the show at the worst time but good luck with that. LOL.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Denyy said:

My spoiler-free friend just texted me "SHELDON IS A F***ING ***HOLE, WHY" 

... I guess she just watched the latest episode :haha:

Just tell her to watch the next one....she won't be sorry.  And the one after that is even better.  But refuse to tell her anything else.

ok...don't know why this is making me post this again....:scratchhead:

47 minutes ago, Bavarian ShamyShipper Girl said:

Was there ever a mention of Amy being on the pill for regulating her menstrual cycle or is this just a popular fanfiction thing?

I think it's just a fanfic thing.

If memory serves, it was in a fanfic where Sheldon breaks his arm, and Amy moves in, to take care of him.

They start showering together, then Amy asks him not join her in the shower, for a days or so, because she's menstruating.

Sheldon asks how it can only be a day or so, and Amy explains she's on the pill, which shortens her period.

3 hours ago, MJistheBOMB said:

5650c69d8ea04_https3A2F2F49.media.tumblr

Someone posted this to Tumblr. Obviously it's not from the actual scene but God, help me. #ShamyFeels

It couldn't be Shamy, because Amy wears her watch on her right wrist.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

No.  It means menstrual pads or panty liners. Wearing tampons all the time puts you at risk of infection. Toxin shock syndrome is scary stuff. 

• Like 5

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic