[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Wow 5 pages on condoms and "feminine hygiene supplies"

Am pretty sure if men had to have menstrual cycles they wouldn't joke about it so much! There is absolutely nothing funny about any of it!

Also as we are talking about it, anyone reckon the pads/tampons should be free?

• Like 1

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I'll do that...I am currently multi-tasking watching The Countdown Reflection on TBS and reading here.  God I love that episode.

Thank you.

Me, too.   Seeing Amy in her pink dress and tiara and Sheldon grabbing her hand at the end and wishing Howard to "boldly go..."   This was the first episode where I honestly felt that Sheldon truly did care and inwardly admire Howard.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Wow 5 pages on condoms and "feminine hygiene supplies"

Am pretty sure if men had to have menstrual cycles they wouldn't joke about it so much! There is absolutely nothing funny about any of it!

Girl, if men had to go through everything that women go, all the things that they condemn or forbid would stop being a taboo (being a single mom, abortion, rape culture, period, relationships, everything) immediately.
But enough of feminist talk. 

6 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Thank you.

Me, too.   Seeing Amy in her pink dress and tiara and Sheldon grabbing her hand at the end and wishing Howard to "boldly go..."   This was the first episode where I honestly felt that Sheldon truly did care and inwardly admire Howard.

Yeah, the industry really makes a lot of money off of our needs.    It's just paper and cotton.   Could never understand why it costs so much.

However, it is my understanding that men have their own issues to contend with that we will never understand either.

I've always found it interesting how comfortable Sheldon is talking to the girls about girl things, giving Penny advice on how to buy bulk, etc.   It always amazed me how he seemed to be clueless about sex, but he understood women's biological functions.

He only seemed clueless about sex, but he knows how things work and hadn't any interest. Like when I see a building and I know how the edification process is, although I have no interest on join the workers and help them to build it. :)

15 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Yeah, the industry really makes a lot of money off of our needs.    It's just paper and cotton.   Could never understand why it costs so much.

However, it is my understanding that men have their own issues to contend with that we will never understand either.

I've always found it interesting how comfortable Sheldon is talking to the girls about girl things, giving Penny advice on how to buy bulk, etc.   It always amazed me how he seemed to be clueless about sex, but he understood women's biological functions, even writing sections in the RA agreement to address Amy's.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I've always found it interesting how comfortable Sheldon is talking to the girls about girl things, giving Penny advice on how to buy bulk, etc.   It always amazed me how he seemed to be clueless about sex, but he understood women's biological functions, even writing sections in the RA agreement to address Amy's.

I don't seem to remember what Sheldon wrote  in the RA agreement to address Amy's.  Do you have examples?  Just curious.

1 minute ago, lpm said:

I don't seem to remember what Sheldon wrote  in the RA agreement to address Amy's.  Do you have examples?  Just curious.

In the Fort Episode, Amy told Sheldon that bad moods were not allowed on date night, and Sheldon told her it was written into the RA to address female issues.   Not an exact quote, but that's the gist.   

Does anybody think that their coitus will be addressed in the next episode or the writers just move on to a whole new storyline? I'd like their coitus not be the center of the episode, but want it to be mentioned. I wonder how the guys would react?

tumblr_llr03j4CpL1qi55qj.gif

Edited by overdosedcanary
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, overdosedcanary said:

Does anybody think that their coitus will be addressed in the next episode or the writers just move on to a whole new storyline? I'd like their coitus not be the center of the episode, but want it to be mentioned. I wonder how the guys would react?

I definitely think it will get mentioned somewhere in conversation, via a joke, or something.   I don't think it will be brushed over.   A huge milestone such as that will not go unnoticed by others.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, overdosedcanary said:

In the 23rd episode of season 8, I think he addressed this problem to Amy.

I'm sure it will be addressed.  Eventually, they will have to know somehow.  I am curious as to what they will come up with in terms of a new storyline.  I don't think we can handle another top heavy one like we have been going through with the Shamy.  

17 minutes ago, overdosedcanary said:

Well, assuming that the guys don't know that he is no longer virgin (My dear Lord, I still don't believe it) and that this time Penny didn't told them, we might see Sheldon dealing with this fact at the following days, like if he want to tell the guys but he don't know how to do it, nobody believes it, or a sudden and suspect unexplainable hunger that make them think that something is going on. There's many ways to tell this story right now.

• Like 2

Just now, Ranger Rosa said:

Well, assuming that the guys don't know that he is no longer virgin (My dear Lord, I still don't believe it) and that this time Penny didn't told them, we might see Sheldon dealing with this fact at the following days, like if he want to tell the guys but he don't know how to do it, nobody believes it, or a sudden and suspect unexplainable hunger that make them think that something is going on. There's many ways to tell this story right now.

Yeah, you have a good point. There are ways to tell the story which contributes to be a good storyline.

30 minutes ago, Bavarian ShamyShipper Girl said: Was there ever a mention of Amy being on the pill for regulating her menstrual cycle or is this just a popular fanfiction thing? Sometimes it's difficult for me to differentiate what are the canon things and what are popular fanfiction ones.

I'm thinking FF, but I wouldn't be surprised if Amy were on the pill, as she likes to be prepared.    I've mentioned before that I don't envision Sheldon using condoms, but I've been wrong about other things.

Protection has never really been discussed among any of the couples on the show, really.   In fact, it seems Penny has taken quite a few pregnancy tests.

What is important is that all the couples are intimate now in their own ways, not really how they are keeping from getting pregnant.    I incorporated contraception in into my FF because having a condom show up in sex seems to be the norm these days, but I don't care to think too much about it. 

Personally, I find them as mood killers, but that is just me.   So, I admit to guilt in incorporating my own views into Sheldon's character.

I established in PR that Amy is on BC partly d/t her previous issues and for plot. I think w her history and influence by Penny and Bernie being on BC would be IC.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said: The only thing related to it is that she wears tampons all month to avoid surprises LOL.

She doesn't mention tampons, just "feminine hygiene supplies".

As I understand it, wearing tampons all the time is bad for you, so I'm thinking she wears pads, not tampons.

She's wearing pads. Tampons worn longer than needed can lead to toxic shock syndrome, a horrible way to suffer and can be fatal. Every box of tampons has a warning. As a scientist, Amy would know that.

I'm writing a one shot of how I think the boom boom went down. Im not a good writer and I write never fanfics. So this is a one off. Ill post it up when tis finished  

I'm sure a super fan like yourself will wrote a great one.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lpm said: I don't seem to remember what Sheldon wrote  in the RA agreement to address Amy's.  Do you have examples?  Just curious.

In the Fort Episode, Amy told Sheldon that bad moods were not allowed on date night, and Sheldon told her it was written into the RA to address female issues.   Not an exact quote, but that's the gist.   

To paraphrase: "You know that was only for uterus stuff."

Still spit out my beer when I see and hear it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 2L344 said:

all Amy said in that episode is that she had to stop for "feminine hygeine products" and mentioned she wore them everyday to avoid surprises lol...ill never forget that scene because of the gross out factor on the gang's faces lol

Which was why the line was used.

4 hours ago, jenafan said:

Which likely means that he knows her cycle, probably knows it better than she does due to his eidetic memory.  I seem to recall there was an annual health check in the RA, so if she was on BC she would been have declared it.

Given that Sheldon is a meticulous planner, had plenty of time to prepare, knows her cycle and likely does know if she is on BC or not, I don't think there's much chance of Amy getting pregnant on this occasion.  Plus,  I suspect when Penny gave him some pointers (and I'd to love know what he was giggling at) she also reminded him about protection/birth control.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, jenafan said:

It is so much fun having a male shipper on this thread.   I appreciate your sense of humor.

Thanks! Likewise, I think you hold your own in the humor department, your hubby must think you're a riot!

6 hours ago, jenafan said:

Will Sheldon be able to resist?   I really hope he will have started driving at this point, because I'd hate to see Amy having to drive him and the rug rats to the comic book store and comic-con.

I personally think Sheldon and Amy would end up being very good and fun parents.   Amy would have to be the one to put them all to bed, though, because Sheldon would soak up all the attention and want to entertain.

I always thought if TBBT ended, they could do a Shamy spin off of them raising children in their world of science and geekdom, after the baby stage.  Kind of like Home Improvement, but based on science.   I was in the minority on this view.   The consensus was that Jim and Mayim would not want to continue tv acting, and Jim particularly would want to focus on the stage so as not to be typecast.

Ha, I'm the opposite! The idea of Shamy having twin boys, and as they grow older they adopt Sheldon's idiosyncracies and love of comics and sci-fi, would be very funny. Imagine Amy living with Sheldon AND two mini-Sheldon's! The thought of Amy having to endure an excited Sheldon and two ecstatic boys as they dive into geekdom during a weekly comic run would be cute. She would be one of those cool moms who has to strap on a pair because she's the only gal in a house full of crazy guys....

• Like 4

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic