The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

I think it´s time to Amy show her beauty, dressing better, maybe to be laureate with a NOBEL !!!!! :shy::icon_cheesygrin:
Should be nice if Kripke show some interest on her.
It will be nice if she show her beauty as soon as possible, because this "Ugly Betty style", no longer works.
We know that Amy is pseudo-engaged to a Saudi prince named Faisal, who funds her laboratory. Should be amazing if he appear fall in love for her, and he should be amazing beatufil! LOL
Sheldon should go green with envy!! :sarcastichand:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Since they skipped dinner, I like the idea of them going to a late-night diner, scalping tickets and catching the SW premiere together.   A win-win for Amy and Sheldon.  He gives her the best birthday gift and she gives him the SW movie.   Being so elated with him probably helped her get through what she would normally dread.

Since Sheldon's PP conscience asked him how everything went and Sheldon immediately came up with the SW comment, I think the two happened pretty close together.

Would Sheldon buy scalped tickets though?  He wouldn't do it for Comic Con.

2 minutes ago, Cassi Jones said:

I think it´s time to Amy show her beauty, dressing better, maybe to be laureate with a NOBEL !!!!! :shy::icon_cheesygrin:
It will be nice if she show her beauty as soon as possible, because this "Ugly Betty style", no longer works.
We know that Amy is pseudo-engaged to a Saudi prince named Faisal, who funds her laboratory. Should be amazing if he appear fall in love for her, and he should be amazing beatufil! LOL
Sheldon should go green with envy!! :sarcastichand:

No, her regular clothes are fine, she looks cute in them.

As for the prince, I would like to see him appear too.

13 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I wonder if Sheldon will defend or sit quietly in silence.

Can you honestly see Sheldon, sitting silently, rather than joining in the debate?

Mind, you, I can't see him defending Howard. After all, Howard's "only an engineer".

1 minute ago, wowbagger said:

I'm also thrilled that Sheldon seems to have watched for Amy's reactions, and noted that she loved the film too. I've been begging the show, for some time now, to have Amy also take pleasure in some of Sheldon's geeky interests. She was presented so often as eye-rollingly tolerating his interest, while gently influencing him away from childish things, that I am thrilled that maybe, just maybe, Sheldon too was influencing her TOWARDS some childish things himself. Yay!

Did she like it? I must have missed that. But YAY if that's the case!

One of my biggest pet peeves of the show has always been this "the women roll their eyes at the guys' favourite movies/shows/comic/whatever". There has to be at least one franchise that they can all enjoy! ugh

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

I'm also thrilled that Sheldon seems to have watched for Amy's reactions, and noted that she loved the film too. I've been begging the show, for some time now, to have Amy also take pleasure in some of Sheldon's geeky interests. She was presented so often as eye-rollingly tolerating his interest, while gently influencing him away from childish things, that I am thrilled that maybe, just maybe, Sheldon too was influencing her TOWARDS some childish things himself. Yay!

Yeah, I want them to both enjoy things the others like. I am glad that the writers do give us hints about that.

Edited by overdosedcanary
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Well said. I think now he won some space for his childish-in-her-eyes interests. Always saddens me even Penny is more tolerant for all geeky stuff and sometimes she likes it, what was never or very rare shown by Amy. I hope now it will change.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cassi Jones said:

He already has shown some interest in her, and she told him to take a hike, after he sent her a naked photo of himself.

To quote Penny:-

Not with a thousand condoms.

And, why would you want other people hitting on Amy?

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, April said:

One of my biggest pet peeves of the show has always been this "the women roll their eyes at the guys' favourite movies/shows/comic/whatever". There has to be at least one franchise that they can all enjoy! ugh

I may be mistaken, but PP asked how his evening went or something, and Sheldon burbled about the film. And PP pressed 'And what about Amy?' to which Sheldon said 'She loved the film too.'

And ugh, yes, to the 'girls think boy stuff is boring' being tiresome. One of my fondest memories in the show is the girls' getting to fisticuffs, almost, over plot points in Thor. The show never returned to that extremely promising moment again. But oh, oh, oh, what I wouldn't give for Sheldon and Amy to both get into a franchise together. Game of Thrones/the Song of Ice and Fire books seemed such an obvious choice. Detailed fantasy worldbuilding for Sheldon, mediaeval quasi-history for Amy. Maybe now....

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Can you honestly see Sheldon, sitting silently, rather than joining in the debate?

Mind, you, I can't see him defending Howard. After all, Howard's "only an engineer".

Yeah, I think Sheldon won't sit quietly. He only debates for things he concerns about and I think sex might be on that list from now on.

3 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

Would Sheldon buy scalped tickets though?  He wouldn't do it for Comic Con.

Maybe not, but he's with Amy and I'm betting she wouldn't have a problem. She and Sheldon spray painted over Howard's name in the parking lot dispute, she attacked a TSA agent on the way to Vegas, etc...Amy has an adventurous side to her and I think she wouldn't blink an eye getting the tickets for her sweet baboo after the night they had...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I do and don't like this.  

While I love the idea that Sheldon is doing a lot more for Amy, and making her an exception, I don't want him doing everything for Amy.    Amy needs to let him be himself and take his hang ups, likes, and dislikes into consideration.

Yes, Sheldon is becoming less selfish and doing more for her, but I certainly hope he doesn't throw his hands up in the air, bow down, and say "Yes, Amy" to everything.   

He doesn't like breakfast in bed.    If Amy knows this, she will take this into consideration, and if she doesn't, I hope Sheldon expresses it to her in a polite manner.   They can still have a nice meal at the table.  

The fact that she went to SW with Sheldon is a good indicator that she is just as willing to give as he is, and I think it is beautiful that they are both now on equal footing.   It doesn't mean they won't still disagree, as all couples do, but now their decisions will be a joint compromise rather than a demand to have one's own way, at least I hope.

I didn't say anything about breakfast in bed... Otherwise, I totally get what you mean and 100% agree with you. I'm not the best at explaining things in words and you summed it up perfectly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

that I am thrilled that maybe, just maybe, Sheldon too was influencing her TOWARDS some childish things himself. Yay!

She enjoyed making the fort with him, and that's pretty childish.

4 minutes ago, April said:

And this is why I would like for her to a have secret passion for a 'cult' show.  The reason I suggested The Man from Uncle was because I know that the time that Amy would have been at university/grad school the re-runs was the thing to watch.

1 minute ago, Stephen Hawking said:

She enjoyed making the fort with him, and that's pretty childish.

But it doesn't count as geeky.