The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

37 minutes ago, SyS said:

Well said. I think now he won some space for his childish-in-her-eyes interests. Always saddens me even Penny is more tolerant for all geeky stuff and sometimes she likes it, what was never or very rare shown by Amy. I hope now it will change.

I don't find Penny to be more tolerant.  Amy may roll her eyes occasionally (and I don't think it's often as some people think), but she happily gave up her VA plans to watch Star Wars/Trek with him, made a Death Star cake, has driven him to the comic book store on numerous occasions and a few other things. 

Edited by A Shamy gal
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Luna18 said:

My greatest wish for 2016 TBBT

Let the girls go against stereotypes by even a little please~ 

Let boys do it as well. I think after all so emotional episodes we finally get a lot of funny, light hearted, old, good stuff. It is impossible to get more Leslie Winkle, but i can dream :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

I may be mistaken, but PP asked how his evening went or something, and Sheldon burbled about the film. And PP pressed 'And what about Amy?' to which Sheldon said 'She loved the film too.'

I should probably re-read the TR. But then I'll have that stupid grin on my face again... decisions, decisions! lol

7 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

And ugh, yes, to the 'girls think boy stuff is boring' being tiresome. One of my fondest memories in the show is the girls' getting to fisticuffs, almost, over plot points in Thor. The show never returned to that extremely promising moment again. But oh, oh, oh, what I wouldn't give for Sheldon and Amy to both get into a franchise together. Game of Thrones/the Song of Ice and Fire books seemed such an obvious choice. Detailed fantasy worldbuilding for Sheldon, mediaeval quasi-history for Amy. Maybe now....

I loved that episode, too! We could have had it all... oh well.

I'm always baffled that Amy doesn't like Star Trek or Doctor Who, for example. There are so many stories that should be to her liking knowing her other interests. But naaaah, it's all just cheap sci-fi because it's such a fun joke!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

And this is why I would like for her to a have secret passion for a 'cult' show.

How about Buck Rogers in the 25th Century?

Wilma Deering is confident and kick-ass tough, and, come time to dress up, Amy could dress in a Wilma Deering catsuit. drool.gif 

One look, and Howard would "cheat" on his wife again. :icon_biggrin: 

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Just now, April said:

I should probably re-read the TR. But then I'll have that stupid grin on my face again... decisions, decisions! lol

I loved that episode, too! We could have had it all... oh well.

I'm always baffled that Amy doesn't like Star Trek or Doctor Who, for example. There are so many stories that should be to her liking knowing her other interests. But naaaah, it's all just cheap sci-fi because it's such a fun joke!

Ugh, I know. Why have your visibly nerdy character with documented geeky interests share any sort of interest in richly detailed fictional worlds with her obsessive, eidetic-memory-having boyfriend? Why have her dissect narrative inconsistencies (a la Raiders) and get into knock-down, drag-out arguments in which both show off their tenacity and powers of debate? Why do all that when you could go to the hiiiii-larious, original well of 'Nerdz Drool, Gurlz Rool'?

(Incidentally, Amy is probably more tolerant than most, but it always irritated me that the show so often had her default to tolerance rather than initiation/enthusiastic participation. With the honourable exception of Fun With Flags. And oh, what I wouldn't have given for Amy and Sheldon to fight for custody over Fun With Flags during their breakup. Sadly, that was not to be.)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

I don't find Penny to more be tolerant.  Amy may roll her eyes occasionally (and I don't think it's often as some people think), but she happily gave up her VA plans to watch Star Wars/Trek with him, made a Death Star cake, has driven him to the comic book store on numerous occasions and a few other things. 

Everyone watch differently, You see these examples, I see Penny playing AOC, as Wonder Woman or wondering from where she knows how much about Star Wars. And I don't remember her calling it as childish stuff or comapring to other things, which making it looks childish.

Edited by SyS
mistake

7 minutes ago, April said:

April, girl let's face it. It is the fate of us Shamy shippers to spend the rest of our lives looking like this simply because of 2 TRs:

719302.gif

:icon_razz:

Edited by Luna18
  • Like 9

23 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

He already has shown some interest in her, and she told him to take a hike, after he sent her a naked photo of himself.

To quote Penny:-

Not with a thousand condoms.

And, why would you want other people hitting on Amy?

Hiii! Hey!

I would like to see it because I want do see she grown in self confidence. :shy:

We know that Sheldon loves Amy and I hope they marry in future but, untill now, I don´t like the way he treat her. I think she wasn´t happy untill now and I want Sheldon feel jealous of her and start to endeavor and merit her love.

What you think? 

7 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Amy should still be the harp playing, Chaucer loving, knitting fan who continues to enjoy a glass of wine with the ladies whenever she wants.

I don't think you will see Amy play the harp again.

I understand Mayim's busted hand, resulting from the car accident, has put an end to her harp playing.

31 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

Would Sheldon buy scalped tickets though?  He wouldn't do it for Comic Con.

Well, he's doing a lot of things he never did before, including buying Helium from a questionable source?    At this point, he's unpredictable.

It's also possible, Amy, knowing he had planned to be with her surprised him by purchasing tickets beforehand and suggested they go after coitus.    He did call her and told her in advance that he was giving up the movie to be with her.

At this point, all these ideas are game for FF.

I didn't get the impression from the TR that we know Amy's view on the SW movie.   Wowbagger's comment made it sound like she did enjoy it.   I'm so glad she is starting to like non-science things Sheldon enjoys and getting into them with him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2L344 said:

Oh absolutely, this is a must. I think I said something earlier to the effect of Sheldon doesn't need to kiss her butt but he does need to show some respect towards Amy. Every healthy relationship starts with people who are individuals with their own unique personalities that at some point became attractive to the other. Yes, the union blends those personalities and makes the relationship special and unique in its own right, but the couple should never lose who they are in the process.

Amy should still be the harp playing, Chaucer loving, knitting fan who continues to enjoy a glass of wine with the ladies whenever she wants. And Sheldon should still remain a devout comic book lover, sci fi guru, and D&D master that continues to attend Comic Con with the fellas.

Amy and Sheldon enjoy doing plenty of things, some of which are dorky, together and that's great too! Still hoping for more FWF episodes...And maybe with this new found intimacy they will find some new interests to explore together. 

But yeah, neither one of them should have to lose themselves completely in order to make the other happy!

It's a shame we'll never see her play the harp again.  You've forgotten she also said that she was a hard core quilter.  I've seen in a few FF where she makes Sheldon a quilt with a sci-fi/superhero theme.  That's something I hope they do in the show as well.

3 minutes ago, Cassi Jones said:

Hiii! Hey!

I would like to see it because I want do see she grown in self confidence. :shy:

We know that Sheldon loves Amy and I hope they marry in future but, untill now, I don´t like the way he treat her. I think she wasn´t happy untill now and I want Sheldon feel jealous of her and start to endeavor and merit her love.

What you think? 

I'm guessing, your spoiler free... Just saying, if you don't want to get spoiled this is NOT the best place to be. Otherwise, it would be a good idea if you read the taping reports for 9.10 and 9.11 and things will make so much more sense. :)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, overdosedcanary said:

No, her regular clothes are fine, she looks cute in them.

As for the prince, I would like to see him appear too.

Hey!!!!

Yeah, The Prince should be nice!

Do you really think the clothes nice? :icon_rolleyes: She looks like a retired old lady! hehehe

What you think about Penny dress?

5 minutes ago, Cassi Jones said:

and I want Sheldon feel jealous of her and start to endeavor and merit her love.

What you think? 

I think he's already treating her better, since they got back together.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A Shamy gal said:

It's a shame we'll never see her play the harp again.  You've forgotten she also said that she was a hard core quilter.  I've seen in a few FF where she makes Sheldon a quilt with a sci-fi/superhero theme.  That's something I hope they do in the show as well.

Didn't forget but I called it knitting instead lol, that's my guy's ignorance of the difference. And I would like to see them do something artsy together. Sheldon enjoyed the basket weaving class, and enjoyed helping Penny with her flower hair clip making thing, so I think Sheldon is down with it!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cassi Jones said:

I want Sheldon feel jealous of her

He was jealous.

7 minutes ago, Cassi Jones said:

I don´t like the way he treat her. 

You will like it :icon_cheesygrin:

164363a6ae94b3f5d9c0e5fedbaaad28.gif

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SaddoTate said:

I didn't say anything about breakfast in bed... Otherwise, I totally get what you mean and 100% agree with you. I'm not the best at explaining things in words and you summed it up perfectly.

I was commenting on your referring to Amy being Sheldon's exception.   Which I both agree and disagree with.   Thank you for understanding what I was meaning and that I wasn't refuting your post.

6 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't think you will see Amy play the harp again.

I understand Mayim's busted hand, resulting from the car accident, has put an end to her harp playing.

That's correct and she still has to wear her hand brace sometimes after using that hand for things like cooking and chopping food

So many great points, this Sunday is definitely exciting! Can´t wait to see the reactions here when the next episodes air. We will totally freak out!

Unfortunately I ran out of likes for today!