The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

3 minutes ago, SaddoTate said:

I'm guessing, your spoiler free... Just saying, if you don't want to get spoiled this is NOT the best place to be. Otherwise, it would be a good idea if you read the taping reports for 9.10 and 9.11 and things will make so much more sense. :)

Hiiii!

Sorry, I´m new here and my english is not very good, I´m still learning.

Sometimes I don´t understand the texts and need help from google translator. :icon_redface:

I´ll try to pay more attention on the topics and make things better. Thanks for your tip.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SyS said:

Everyone watch differently, You see these examples, I see Penny playing AOC, as Wonder Woman or wondering from where she knows how much about Star Wars. And I don't remember her calling it as childish stuff or comapring to other things, which making it looks childish.

I think Penny has become tolerant of it and I'm not even sure that tolerant is the right word for either her or Amy.  I think both of them are accepting of their SO's interests.  It's what they like and it's makes them happy.  It's what makes them, them.  It's Bernadette who isn't tolerant at all and the most outspoken of the three.  Even going as far as getting rid of Howard's TARDIS.  I can't see either Amy or Penny doing something like.

• Like 1

Why does Amy have to like geeky stuff? Sheldon doesn't like many of her interests. Their communication has always been beyond interests and hobbies, which makes them so special.   Also I think the biggest interest they share is science and that's much more important than if Amy loves a Star Wars movie or not. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Oh absolutely, this is a must. I think I said something earlier to the effect of Sheldon doesn't need to kiss her butt but he does need to show some respect towards Amy. Every healthy relationship starts with people who are individuals with their own unique personalities that at some point became attractive to the other. Yes, the union blends those personalities and makes the relationship special and unique in its own right, but the couple should never lose who they are in the process.

Amy should still be the harp playing, Chaucer loving, knitting fan who continues to enjoy a glass of wine with the ladies whenever she wants. And Sheldon should still remain a devout comic book lover, sci fi guru, and D&D master that continues to attend Comic Con with the fellas.

Amy and Sheldon enjoy doing plenty of things, some of which are dorky, together and that's great too! Still hoping for more FWF episodes...And maybe with this new found intimacy they will find some new interests to explore together. 

But yeah, neither one of them should have to lose themselves completely in order to make the other happy!

Out of "Likes" but I will come back when I get them back.   This is exactly what I wanted to express.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I was commenting on your referring to Amy being Sheldon's exception.   Which I both agree and disagree with.   Thank you for understanding what I was meaning and that I wasn't refuting your post.

Ohhhhhhh! Sorry, sometimes I'm just so slow... I didn't mean she was is exception in a whipped way, but in the way you explained

6 minutes ago, Cassi Jones said:

Hiiii!

Sorry, I´m new here and my english is not very good, I´m still learning.

Sometimes I don´t understand the texts and need help from google translator. :icon_redface:

I´ll try to pay more attention on the topics and make things better. Thanks for your tip.

No problem :D

27 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I just have to add my two cents here in defense of a man's first time.   Not all men are so quick and lose it initially.   This is stereotypical.    In fact, I believe the older a man is, the more control he has over it, for reasons I will not get into to keep the gutter talk to a minimum.   

In Sheldon's case, because I do believe him to be demisexual, this would have been a factor as well, since self-gratification was not his primary purpose for "coitusing" Amy.   Given the way Amy looked afterward, I don't believe it was quick at all, but with purpose.  

Unlike the other guys on the show, I don't think Sheldon has a timing issue.    Remember, his focus is primarily in his brain before his lower half.

You are right, of course not all men are like this, I´m sorry if I offend someone!

2 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Why does Amy have to like geeky stuff? Sheldon doesn't like many of her interests. Their communication has always been beyond interests and hobbies, which makes them so special.   Also I think the biggest interest they share is science and that's much more important than if Amy loves a Star Wars movie or not. 

It doesn't have to be Star Wars.  In fact it doesn't have to be sci-fi at all.  But there plenty of other geeky things that she could like.  I mean making up her own language could be classified as geeky.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

I like this one so much, just for the way Sheldon looks at Amy 

I'm loving all these gifs Rachel :) 

thank you !

• Like 1

One thing still confuses me. What did Amy mean by her sweet "I guess sometimes I'm silly" line? I can't make up my mind about it. Did she mean she's silly because she broke up with him in the first place? Or that she's silly because she actually loves him after all they've been through, with quirks and all? 

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

I understand what you're saying here :yes:

We're just saying that it would be nice to see Amy embrace Sheldon's interests a bit more and vice-versa of course.

Now seeing them discuss science hasn't happened too much recently and it would definitely be awesome to see them work together on a project, conduct experiments together or even just attend a science fair on a date or something.

Bring it on writers!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

You are right, of course not all men are like this, I´m sorry if I offend someone!

No offense taken, at all.  :icon_biggrin:    We all learn from each other.     I've made quite a few misassumptions myself and had to be corrected.

3 minutes ago, bluebird said:

I, once again, rewatched the episode and one thing still confuses me. What did Amy mean by her sweet "I guess sometimes I'm silly" line? I can't make up my mind about it. Did she mean she's silly because she broke up with him in the first place? Or that she's silly because she actually loves him after all they've been through, with quirks and all? 

Yes ;)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bluebird said:

I, once again, rewatched the episode and one thing still confuses me. What did Amy mean by her sweet "I guess sometimes I'm silly" line? I can't make up my mind about it. Did she mean she's silly because she broke up with him in the first place? Or that she's silly because she actually loves him after all they've been through, with quirks and all? 

I took it to mean, she was silly for letting him go :) 

As in I'm so silly for breaking up with you as you are everything I want , I'm having the best time today !

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, bluebird said:

Yes, to both.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Ugh, I know. Why have your visibly nerdy character with documented geeky interests share any sort of interest in richly detailed fictional worlds with her obsessive, eidetic-memory-having boyfriend? Why have her dissect narrative inconsistencies (a la Raiders) and get into knock-down, drag-out arguments in which both show off their tenacity and powers of debate? Why do all that when you could go to the hiiiii-larious, original well of 'Nerdz Drool, Gurlz Rool'?

IKR?? It would have been so perfect to have them debating over nerdy stuff like that. I suppose there's a ray of light in that Penny has become pretty knowledgeable over time (I loved how she was pointing out the thing with Spock and the writers didn't even add the usual "why do I know this stuff?" joke! baby steps??) so maybe with a bit of goodwill they'll allow Amy take some interest in Sheldon's favourites now.

• Like 3

I also don't like the writers tend to show us that even the girls don't admit it, they "secretly" love geeky stuff. Like Penny somehow loves Star Wars/Star Trek, but Leonard would never love a Jennifer Aniston movie. It leaves me the impression that geeky stuff is loveable but "girl stuff" is stupid. I thought the show is about accepting yourself for who you are.

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

she still has to wear her hand brace sometimes after using that hand for things like cooking and chopping food

You may notice, she now does a lot of things with her left hand, which she used to do with her right.

22 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

That's correct and she still has to wear her hand brace sometimes after using that hand for things like cooking and chopping food

She had to have more surgery on it last year as well.   I reminded of it every time she uses her left hand instead of her right, like when they were playing ping pong.

Edited by A Shamy gal

1 minute ago, Stephen Hawking said:

She has the most beautiful smile.

I know, but Jim´s too. They both have such an infectiuos smile.

Even on my saddest days, it just needs a smile from them, to make me happy again!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Luna18 said:

I understand what you're saying here :yes:

We're just saying that it would be nice to see Amy embrace Sheldon's interests a bit more and vice-versa of course.

Now seeing them discuss science hasn't happened too much recently and it would definitely be awesome to see them work together on a project, conduct experiments together or even just attend a science fair on a date or something.

Bring it on writers!

Well they haven't been together recently, have they...And the screen time is limited for Shamy. Like these recent episodes focus more on the intimacy part of their relationship, so there's no time for other aspects. And I thought the writers made it perfectly clear in previous seasons that they share an interest in science. 

6 hours ago, A Shamy gal said:

I agree.  So who do think made breakfast and did they have it in bed? 

Good Lord no!  Neither of them is "an invalid or a woman celebrating Mother's Day!"

Edited by jlove
  • Like 4