The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

5 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

I also don't like the writers tend to show us that even the girls don't admit it, they "secretly" love geeky stuff. Like Penny somehow loves Star Wars/Star Trek, but Leonard would never love a Jennifer Aniston movie. It leaves me the impression that geeky stuff is loveable but "girl stuff" is stupid. I thought the show is about accepting yourself for who you are.

Honestly, my ideal would be that it'd go both ways. Have the girls embrace their geeky sides, and the guys indulge in "girly stuff". I mean, they do that with Raj occasionally but I wouldn't mind that happening more often with the rest of the guys, too.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

I think Penny has become tolerant of it and I'm not even sure that tolerant is the right word for either her or Amy.  I think both of them are accepting of their SO's interests.  It's what they like and it's makes them happy.  It's what makes them, them.  It's Bernadette who isn't tolerant at all and the most outspoken of the three.  Even going as far as getting rid of Howard's TARDIS.  I can't see either Amy or Penny doing something like.

I see it like this:

Penny become tolerant, accepted it and showed many times that she can even like it. Amy accepted it, but she seems genuinely doesn't like it, so many times she verbally shown it is childish. For Bernadette not even it is childish, but stupid and waste of money.

One thing I only want now is for Amy not to depreciate his interests, what she did in the past. I really hope she did it to attract attention on her and now it wouldn't be necessary and even more - start to like some things.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

I can't see either Amy or Penny doing something like.

True, but Amy did list both a vintage Mr. Mxyzptlk action figure, and a Star Trek: The Next Generation phaser, as a "children's toy".

19 minutes ago, bluebird said:

I, once again, rewatched the episode and one thing still confuses me. What did Amy mean by her sweet "I guess sometimes I'm silly" line? I can't make up my mind about it. Did she mean she's silly because she broke up with him in the first place? Or that she's silly because she actually loves him after all they've been through, with quirks and all? 

Yes, for me it was very important line. I think it means both things.

"Saying about silliness she clearly regretted that she broke up with him, furthermore it has also have meant "I miss him, despite he is like he was before, what the hell, I'm silly, but I wanna him back!". Clearly she admitted this breakup was a mistake." as I quoted myself :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Cassi Jones said:

Hey!!!!

Yeah, The Prince should be nice!

Do you really think the clothes nice? :icon_rolleyes: She looks like a retired old lady! hehehe

Amy's look is perfect, it fits perfectly her character. According to her: The sexiest organ is the brain. She dresses the way it feels comfortable to her.She doesn't need sexy clothes to feel confident. We've seen her putting a little more effort into her date night look in recent episodes. That's fine. I'm glad that the writers didn't make her do a make over and tried to make her look more like Penny. IMHO I don't want the girls look like barbie dolls. I would be extremely disappointed if they'd make Amy dress up like one. Same goes with the boys. Their wardrobes have matured over time, but I love that they haven't changed them too much. They are still these geeky guys who love to wear superhero t-shirts.  

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Well they haven't been together recently, have they...And the screen time is limited for Shamy. Like these recent episodes focus more on the intimacy part of their relationship, so there's no time for other aspects. And I thought the writers made it perfectly clear in previous seasons that they share an interest in science. 

Well I'm using 'recently' a bit loosely. 

And as for the writers stating that - yes it is true that they share a love of science - it has not been shown as prominently as it had been in S4&5.

So personally, I would love for the writers to give Shamy a scientific story that doesn't really affect the advancement of their relationship. Just show them having some classic Shamy fun. 

Right now given the focus on Shamy throughout this season thus far, I don't mind waiting till like 9.22 or even next season for the writers to show such a story if they're willing to give us one.

Edited by Luna18
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Well they haven't been together recently, have they...And the screen time is limited for Shamy. Like these recent episodes focus more on the intimacy part of their relationship, so there's no time for other aspects. And I thought the writers made it perfectly clear in previous seasons that they share an interest in science. 

Their love of science is their number one shared interest, but there's no reason why they can't have or discover others.  Amy's interests do seem to be mostly on the creative side - harp playing, writing, knitting, quilting and basket weaving.  Mostly things that are you do on your own and I presume that having no friends during her childhood is the reason she got into those things.

Does Sheldon still have that weaving machine?  Because if he does, Amy would love that.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Cassi Jones said:

Hey!!!!

Yeah, The Prince should be nice!

Do you really think the clothes nice? :icon_rolleyes: She looks like a retired old lady! hehehe

What you think about Penny dress?

As other have asked you, are you spoiler free? That means, do you already know what's going to happen over the next two episodes? The way we answer you will depend on this information and I recommend you, as other did, if you are and you wish to remain spoiler free, this is not the right thread for you; there is a spoiler free Shamy thread, as well as a spoiler free Lenny thread and a spoiler free Season 9 thread. You can ask your questions there without risks. If you already know everything, welcome aboard, just try to not repeat your post all over the forum...

3 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

Their love of science is their number one shared interest, but there's no reason why they can't have or discover others.  Amy's interests do seem to be mostly on the creative side - harp playing, writing, knitting, quilting and basket weaving.  Mostly things that are you do on your own and I presume that having no friends during her childhood is the reason she got into those things.

Does Sheldon still have that weaving machine?  Because if he does, Amy would love that.

Well the I guess I want Sheldon to love French movies and Chaucer too, not just Amy to like geeky stuff. 

6 hours ago, A Shamy gal said:

and did they have it in bed? 

Depends what you mean by it. :icon_biggrin: 

Remember, the coffee table won't support the weight of two people. :) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Well the I guess I want Sheldon to love French movies and Chaucer too, not just Amy to like geeky stuff. 

We don't know if he does or doesn't like French movies, but we know he must have watched some.  We also know he read Pride and Prejudice and said it didn't have any plot holes, but it's never been said that he has read any  Chaucer.

We have forgotten two other things that they both like - cats and the zoo.

Edited by A Shamy gal
  • Like 3

The thing is we have really high standards for Amy but none for Sheldon. Like even though she doesn't like Star Wars/Star Trek, she sits through them with Sheldon. But that's not enough. Now she has to love them. Nobody ever says Sheldon should love Amy's interests. Because if he does, he's not "Sheldon" any more. Similarly, Amy has done tons of selfless things for Sheldon, but this only one time (in his life) Sheldon does something nice and selfless for Amy, we think they've changed him too much. "Skipping the SW premiere for Amy? OMG that's good but also too much! Let's stop here. No more romantic gestures from Sheldon."

3 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

We don't know if he does or doesn't like French movies, but we know he must have watched some.  We also know he read Pride and Prejudice and said it no plot holes, but it's never been said that he has read any.

Amy watched tons of scifi movies. That doesn't mean she likes them. I think it's the same with Sheldon and French movies. 

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

Up against a wall....

image.jpg

In an elevator....

image.jpg

In Sheldon's spot....

image.jpg

Yes, yes, yes...something HAS to happen with his spot; at least a mention of it being put to good use.  When I started my little fic with scenes of a post-coitus Shamy that was the first idea in my head!  LOL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Desdemona said:

It would be great if they finally dumped it, but I must admit it would have been hilarious, if they had talked about their go´s and no go´s regarding sex. 

But in episode 9.11 he wanted to look something on the internet before they were going to have sex, but Amy kissed him, so he forgot about it. I think he wanted to add a sex clause to the RA or even draft a new document, something like a sex agreement or guideline for sexual intercourse, about how they want to proceed during their first time. I´m actually glad, that Amy stopped him, because it would have been kind of a mood killer.

how very 50 Shades of Grey...! :)

I mean we already know Amy likes being spanked ;)

10 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

As said, I'd love to see that, too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

Actually three other thing. There's Koalas too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

The thing is we have really high standards for Amy but none for Sheldon. Like even though she doesn't like Star Wars/Star Trek, she sits through them with Sheldon. But that's not enough. Now she has to love them. Nobody ever says Sheldon should love Amy's interests. Because if he does, he's not "Sheldon" any more. Similarly, Amy has done tons of selfless things for Sheldon, but this only one time (in his life) Sheldon does something nice and selfless for Amy, we think they've changed him too much. "Skipping the SW premiere for Amy? OMG that's good but also too much! Let's stop here. No more romantic gestures from Sheldon."

Amy watched tons of scifi movies. That doesn't mean she likes them. I think it's the same with Sheldon and French movies. 

You know I think you're right when it comes to Sheldon loving Amy's interests and I suspect that's why they had him list things he knew she liked and therefore implying he had seen it without having him say whether he liked it or not. 

11 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Nobody ever says Sheldon should love Amy's interests. Because if he does, he's not "Sheldon" any more. 

He enjoyed the basket weaving.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

I'm a bit lost here, but who's actually arguing that Sheldon shouldn't like Amy's interests? Because I haven't seen anyone actually making that case.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Nobody ever says Sheldon should love Amy's interests. 

He read Pride and Prejudice and admitted it was good. Enjoyed Garfield if I remember correctly (it was mentioned she likes it). And remembered Champagne Reflection ep  I can tell he loves when she is playing a harp. The problem is maybe we dunno all about Amy's interests, only a patch of it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jlove said:

Yes, yes, yes...something HAS to happen with his spot; at least a mention of it being put to good use.  When I started my little fic with scenes of a post-coitus Shamy that was the first idea in my head!  LOL

If they do, I wonder if he will remember to turn the security camera off.  :icon_twisted:

• Like 7