[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

10 minutes ago, AlFisher said:

I understand you worry.

Of course the show is the show but for me it would be more unnatural if for 9 years of various circumstances a grown man remains at the same stage of emotional development from which he began. this is strange! and the fact that the authors are trying to bring their creation as close as possible to reality makes them an honor! people often transfer their problems and fears to the characters. If person is not able to change himself and to grow as individual, it does not mean that no one is able to.

I know there are people who don't like change and they will always be there.  In fact, there's a thread I noticed even here in another part of the forum wondering if the show is going to go back to its' glory days.  I like the fact that this show and the characters have evolved.  I was just watching a rerun of M*A*S*H and one of the characters who intrigued me in that show when I used to watch was Major Houlihan.  She started off as a by the rules no matter what army major but as the years went on she still was an efficient army major and nurse but some of her edges were softened.  In my opinion, it didn't take away from the show or character, made it more interesting to watch as some of us wondered if she would ever hook up with Captain Pierce.  At the beginning of the show, there was no way that would have happened but it could have as her character evolved.  They just never went down that route, unfortunately. :)

3 hours ago, ShLe94 said:

I hear you.... I'm feeling a little naughty lately xD I bet our whole fandom is:

56532198cd449_giphy(9).gif.560d46da18a8f     :icon_twisted:

Indeed!

tumblr_inline_netjf9zVFG1qm8ja8.gif.b56b  LOL

#addictedtogifs  #sorrynotsorry

OMG, where is the gif of Amy, Bernadette and Raj from?!  I love it!

3 hours ago, tmp said:

I'm thinking less about the sexiness of their first time and more about the romance.  IMO the best way to a person's sex drive is through the heart.  Sex with someone you love can be an almost spiritual experience.  You're totally focused on that person and the touching of your bodies together, and it makes for an even deeper emotional intimacy.  Don't get me wrong, it can be totally hot, but it's about so much more than just the mechanics.  That's what's really special to me about Shamy consummating their relationship.

Yes, from everything it sounds like in episode 11, Sheldon is doing this for love, not for sexual satisfaction.  Yes, that will undoubtedly be part of it, which is to be expected and is as it should be, but he's doing this because he loves her so much he wants them to share it, not because he just can't wait to get into her pants.  LOL

I'm working, slowly, on a FF of that night, and that's the angle I'm taking, in any case. 

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, bluebird said:

This thread and everyone who is a part of it are just amazing. It's just beautiful that these characters have brought us here together. We're from different countries all over the world, we're different ages and genders with different occupations and/or studies. Despite all the differences, we share a love for these two characters. This thread is filled with joy, positive attitude and amazing, insightful discussions. 

So I'm just gonna say it

We rock!

highfiv.gif.5da5c1272d005368318b2b26b554

Wonderful how you said this.
Sheldon and Amy may be fictional characters, but WE aren't. We are real people with real feelings and real love in our hearts, and that is the fact that matters. I enjoy your company and spending time with you guys. We don't meet in person, but on the other hand, that way we are able connect all over the world, which is beautiful. There are so much haters on the internet, good that we create a supportive and friendly community.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, YlvaBorealis89 said:

bluebird, your post about wanting Sheldon to be happy was so beautiful. This is actually the reason why I wrote my first fanfic Treading Water, and had Sheldon go through therapy. I wanted to help him heal and finally find it within himself to let go of his fears and let Amy in, physically and emotionally. I care a lot about him even though he's fictional and it pains me that he's so often shown to be his own worst enemy. I think many of us can relate to letting our fears and phobias control us: when we so desperately want to tell someone we love them but we fear rejection, when we want to change paths in life but we're afraid of taking the risk of losing what we have, when we want to stand up for ourselves but we're so afraid or retaliation we end up suffering in silence... That's also why this story touches us so deeply on a personal level because we all have that corner of our hearts that knows precisely what it's like to be Sheldon. And he deserves to not be afraid and to be loved, just like the rest of us do. Perhaps even more so because he's spent his entire life alone and afraid.     

Yes, that's the main reason I feel so deeply with all this. Very beautifully put. Not to get too personal, but I myself know what is like to fight against own fears so my heart really goes out to Sheldon. To some Sheldon's character is hard to relate to, a genius who seems to care mostly about himself, but if you look a little deeper into him, there's a whole new side of him. Treading Water is exploring exactly that side of him and that's why I loved it so much, as you know. I was actually so inspired by it that I wrote a little fanfic/short story based on Sheldon's inner struggle, but it's in Finnish which is gibberish to everyone else :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bluebird said:

Yes, that's the main reason I feel so deeply with all this. Very beautifully put. Not to get too personal, but I myself know what is like to fight against own fears so my heart really goes out to Sheldon. To some Sheldon's character is hard to relate to, a genius who seems to care mostly about himself, but if you look a little deeper into him, there's a whole new side of him. Treading Water is exploring exactly that side of him and that's why I loved it so much, as you know. I was actually so inspired by it that I wrote a little fanfic/short story based on Sheldon's inner struggle, but it's in Finnish which is gibberish to everyone else :icon_cheesygrin:

Not to get too personal either but I do too, and I think Jim Parsons does as well because he portrays Sheldon and his struggles so beautifully... And aww that's so sweet! I wish I could read and review it but my Finnish is only rudimentary, at best =(

• Like 4

Ok, now for an entirely different topic.  How much time passes between episodes 10 and 11?

We know Episode 9 was Thanksgiving, so that's 11/26.

Episode 11, if they are going by real dates, was 12/18 (maybe 12/17, but let's say 18 since its the official release date in the US.)

So, when does episode 10 take place?

Thanksgiving is a Thursday.  Does Amy knee-jerk immediately call Dave and go out with him that weekend (so, say, 11/28), or does she call him the next week, going out with him that weekend, maybe 12/5?  Or even later?

Let's call Reconciliation the variable "R"

Let's call Coitus the variable "C"

If R = 11/28 then C = R + 20 days

If R = 12/5 then C = R + 13 days

Anyone think R is even later?  How much time do they spend together between R and C in these various scenarios?

How do we feel about the length of R to C?  Anyone feel like it's a little surprisingly quick?  Just perfect?

See, new topic, not graphically related to sex.  We can do this.

Edited by jlove
  • Like 7

18 minutes ago, YlvaBorealis89 said:

Not to get too personal either but I do too, and I think Jim Parsons does as well because he portrays Sheldon and his struggles so beautifully... And aww that's so sweet! I wish I could read and review it but my Finnish is only rudimentary, at best =(

100% agree! I think it's amazing if you know any Finnish. Maybe one day I'll write something in English as well. I love to write but naturally my English vocabulary is very poor compared to Finnish which frustrates me deeply.. 

Getting off topic, sorry! 

7 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

At least we only have to wait till Wednesday next week for script cover.....

Silver linings people, silver linings..

ETA: 600 pages, wow..

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, bluebird said:

100% agree! I think it's amazing if you know any Finnish. Maybe one day I'll write something in English as well. I love to write but naturally my English vocabulary is very poor compared to Finnish which frustrates me deeply.. 

Getting off topic, sorry! 

It's alright, I'll pm you and we'll let this discussion continue on topic =)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bavarian ShamyShipper Girl said:

Wonderful how you said this.
Sheldon and Amy may be fictional characters, but WE aren't. We are real people with real feelings and real love in our hearts, and that is the fact that matters. I enjoy your company and spending time with you guys. We don't meet in person, but on the other hand, that way we are able connect all over the world, which is beautiful. There are so much haters on the internet, good that we create a supportive and friendly community.

These kind of posts make me so happy! :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 2

I realize that I am going to die of happiness if we will see Betty White as Meemaw. I love her so much!

Two such charismatic actresses ( Mayim and Betty) with such great sense of humor in one scene .... OMG girls can dream 

LMAO

tumblr_npbrdgV1Hj1shiv3ro1_500.jpg

tumblr_nmlkg1W5nm1qgt42uo1_r1_400.gif

3ZA9dQwLNaQ.jpg

tumblr_nrw85wQXzS1sial0xo1_500.jpg

Edited by AlFisher
  • Like 9

Hey, guys, I was about to make a very bad thing...but I didn't...There was this person on FB that in the a page addressed to TBBT was answering to every comment on the coitus saying that she was so happy Sheldon rejected Amy and even if they have coitus, they are not a couple anymore. I was almost spilling the beans about 9.10, but it was not fair for all other people that maybe were spoiler free and didn't want to know...But I had almost written down the comment...But I'm too happy for being mean these days!!!

Wish I could see the face on the DB when the Shamy coitus occurs

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, jenafan said:

No kidding.   It has taken over my brain ever since the first spoiler hit.   I have never been this obsessed with anyone in fiction, and it has amazed me to see that there are so many other people all over the world like me.

I believe my obsession has more to do with Sheldon than with Amy.   Something about seeing the journey from what he was to what he has become and  is becoming, and all because of one woman, is just fascinating to me.   He is a mystery to everyone, and Amy is about to discover something with him that no one else but her will ever know.    

For all his years of being ridiculed for his inexperience, there is comfort in knowing that out of all the guys on the show, he extremely adequate in this area.    Amy has waited 34 years to have sex with the one person she's only ever wanted, who has held out for so many years, and is just as inexperienced as she is.   

It would have been enough for Sheldon  to have hopped on top, been done with her, and they just lay their in each other's arms.   That would have made history all by itself.   No, the writers chose to give us more by showing us through Sheldon and Amy's looks afterward that it was good and satisfactory, and that Sheldon was accomplished.  

So, for all of Sheldon's annoyances, difficulties, insults, and selfishness they finally gave us Sheldon with feelings, and look now what he can do.    It's amazing.   It's beautiful.     As emotional as the break up was for Sheldon, it seems that he put just as much into the reconciliation and the consummation.    Amy won her prize at the end for her patience, but Sheldon I think finally achieved closure that he can be what she needs in this area.

As Shamy shippers, how can our thoughts not be consumed by it?

so agree with this. i took some of sheldons crass behavior over the years as his coping mechanism for a lifetime of avoiding being vulnerable, whether it was bullyish behavior or love. thats notvto say he couldnt be an ass sometimes because hea inclined to behave that way lol, but tome and again you can see sheldon avoid exposing himself to those things that make him uncomfortable.

his behavior and social awkwardness left him little room for friends. but when sheldon and penny entered his life they were persistent enough to stick around as friends and eventually we started to get glimpses of that side ofsheldon he tried to hide. moments like when he asked penny to not hurt his friend (leonard), his sadness at professor protons death, his apprehension with leonards moving out, and lately the range if emotions with Amy (first kisses, ILY, Mars) and the break up.

its been a fun ride even through a lot of the angst (ok maybe fun isnt a good word for the angst) and its gonna be exciting to watch how both sheldon AND amy react to this new chapter. losing ones virginity can make a person feel less of an outsider especially for someone as old as these two. amy will no linger feel ridiculous for never having been with a man...will ahe be a more confident and self assured person? she is definitely not the same amy im season 4 who desperately wanted to maintain her friendshop with her "bff" and with her dating others we already saw a bolder amy than she ever was....

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

I wrote this on tumblr and I'll put it here too :) 

Anyone else find it funny that if Sheldon stays the night at Amy's (and we all know he will) and he gets back home in the same clothes when he left, he'll be doing the walk of shamy? :icon_biggrin:

*dodges tomatoes*

I'd love to see that! But no way Mr. Prepared didn't bring a change of clothes...

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

At least we only have to wait till Wednesday next week for script cover.....

Really?!

I thought it was a longer wait than that yay! :) 

24 minutes ago, IsabelleV said:

Is that Sheldon's Grandma in the background picture frame?

Naamloos.jpg

As that is Leonard's bedroom I'm gonna say no.

• Like 3

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic