The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

If writers treat the length of the Shamy break like how it was with Wolowitz's space trip (4 episodes) that would be nicer.. it is not rushed.

I wonder if the writers are back to work now.I would love to work in something like that, but on a more creative level for me.

Actually what I would want, and I know it's not always possible, would be for the writers to give the story arcs the time they need to develop and mature, knowing, of course, that not every story arc needs the same length of time to accomplish what it's supposed to. In regards to the Shamy break up (and Leonard's kiss) I would want for them to take their time working through the issues that arose from it, and really deal with them. If they sweep everything under the rug and "magically" solve it in one episode it will be worthless and unearned. Amy's quite a reasonable person , and if she came to the decision she came to, it was for an important reason, which should be addressed. Besides times of strife are usually good for reflecting upon past actions, and generally foster introspection and growth. All good things, right?

• Like 4

Actually what I would want, and I know it's not always possible, would be for the writers to give the story arcs the time they need to develop and mature, knowing, of course, that not every story arc needs the same length of time to accomplish what it's supposed to. In regards to the Shamy break up (and Leonard's kiss) I would want for them to take their time working through the issues that arose from it, and really deal with them. If they sweep everything under the rug and "magically" solve it in one episode it will be worthless and unearned. Amy's quite a reasonable person , and if she came to the decision she came to, it was for an important reason, which should be addressed. Besides times of strife are usually good for reflecting upon past actions, and generally foster introspection and growth. All good things, right?

Exactly!

Amy didn´t break up. She told Sheldon she needs some time to revaluate their situation. And she said "I love you" in the same sentence! (a step back, no break up)

(About Lenny, Penny has to remember sometimes she takes off her engagment ring to flirt with doctors !)

Yes, despite what just about everyone is saying, Shamy technically did not break up. There was no termination of the relationship agreement (as far as we know) and Amy did not explicitly say to Sheldon that the relationship was over. She is simply taking a bit of a pause so she can gather her thoughts and work out what she wants. Just like the show itself, Shamy's relationship is also on a hiatus.

• Like 4

Yes, despite what just about everyone is saying, Shamy technically did not break up. There was no termination of the relationship agreement (as far as we know) and Amy did not explicitly say to Sheldon that the relationship was over. She is simply taking a bit of a pause so she can gather her thoughts and work out what she wants. Just like the show itself, Shamy's relationship is also on a hiatus.

Even Mayim clarified that it was not a break up just a break. I don't know how long it will take to resolve but until there is a termination of the agreement they are still together. Hopefully they talk and hug it out. Like someone said the Howard in space thing was like four episodes I hope it is like that. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

When Jim was on The View he said that he hoped it was "a pause...a catch your breath thing"

• Like 5

Dear Shamies: As I always say. SHAMY is GOLD for the writers and for the show! ( please, DON´T forget it!)

Edited by Susana Alcira
  • Like 2

So many people think it's a breakup so they will be expecting Shamy to be written as such when Season 9 premieres. Even though we know it's not a breakup, let's hope the writers don't decide to treat it as though it is...

My money is on a reconciliation happening on or before Christmas. 

• Like 1

I get what you're saying, but as per S8 finale they are not together, are they?

I get what you're saying, but as per S8 finale they are not together, are they?

They're not together per se, but they're also not completely broken up. They're in a bit of a confusing state. From Sheldon's reaction in the finale however, I think he will interpret it as a breakup.

• Like 2

Let's just think of it as a "Ross and Rachel" break. Only without the cheating and eventual breakup. :)

• Like 1

Let's just think of it as a "Ross and Rachel" break. Only without the cheating and eventual breakup. :)

Yes what the break should have been! Just a breather for Rachel to realize how much she loved Ross and needed him. Don't eff this up Sheldon!db818d5f7e596be4731b1967dc3122d1.jpg Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I think 7x16 showed what parameters are established for break up. You have to sign the notion. There was no such thing, so now break up to speak of. At least if writers won't decide to rewrite history. Some time to think or "not being together" could be interpreted many ways and understood as a break up for any conventional couple, but the difference here is that they have all of it structured to avoid this "confusions" in writing. We know their parameters and they were not met. I think I understand Sheldon's fondness for this agreement, it is in fact, quite soothing :)

• Like 1

Sheldon and Amy are often compared with Ross and Rachel in this last period (for example in Bialik interview with Gold and Derby...) but I feel a little uncomfortable with such comparison, and not only because R&R "break" had a not good end and the rest of the series was basically a will they/won't they from that moment (I will hate that for Shamy). The main reason is that I'm so fascinated by Shamy just because I could not compare them with any other couple, they are so perfectly unique in their way of living their relationship that they always leave me speechless in their strange ways to interact with each other. For this reason, I feel the "break" is some kind of "old" TV-trick, that suits not very well with their kind of relationship. Hopefully, it will lead to good things for them, but I still feel that it is not their way to face problems...

• Like 6

Mayim has said she doesn't think it's a break as the writers were very specific about thrir choice of wording - she tells Sheldon she loves him and that she needs a step back to re evaluate their relationship. Mayim says she thinks their relationship allows for this. 

Jim as was quoted has said he think it's a pause / breathing space.

So in my mind they will have them spending time apart for a couple of episodes so they can both realise what they want/ need/ expect from each other and their relationship.....then I hope they have them talk it through, I know people are saying Sheldon needs to figure it all out himself etc but I think that'd be hard to achieve while still telling us the audience what's going on in his head , while still ensuring its a comedy !!. Therefore I see him calling Penny and Leanord en route to L. V , them "using Sheldon as an excuse to not get married that night " and go home to comfort him help him understand. Allowing for some girls together / guys together bonding healing , discussing problems in a comedic way ??!!!!! . But I could be totally wrong ! ....oh hurry up taping report !! 

• Like 2

Yes what the break should have been! Just a breather for Rachel to realize how much she loved Ross and needed him. Don't eff this up Sheldon!

db818d5f7e596be4731b1967dc3122d1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If there is one thing everyone can take to the bank it is that Sheldon won't be cheating. He is more likely to catch an "alien parasite".

• Like 2

I ´ve never seen SHAMY as Rachel and Ross.

Ross and Rachel  are totally different, with marriages," almost" marriages, children (Ross) and a lot of romantic relationships behind them.

SHAMY is living their first and unique relationship. They both are virgins and in love for the first time in their lives. All about" romantic relationship" is new for them .

We can´t compare our SHAMY with any other couple on screen. This is the" magic" of them!

IMO SHAMY doing things together is hard core for the show( as Lenny is too)

• Like 1

The Debate on whether they were a Break or not and if Ross cheated on Rachel still rages to this day! On IMDB Board there like 10 thread on this topic going back to the last month. 

But Sheldon and Amy are on a Break  not totally broken up. Sheldon  is smarter then Ross and knows this. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

42 more days til we get the first one.  And OMG, somebody better be going!!!!

Right here :)

• Like 6