The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

The only time I can remember her saying anything about a normal boyfriend is when she was under stress because the monkeys had been cut done to one cigarette a day - Yeah, yeah, you want a cigarette; well, I'd like a normal boyfriend! Deal with it!

She's also said he isn't just her first boyfriend, but the best boyfriend.  She is/was proud to have him as her boyfriend.  Has Sheldon shown that same pride in having her as his girlfriend?  I don't recall that he has.  If anything, he takes her for granted, but he's not the only one does that.  They made a point of saying that Amy always does the things that Penny wants to do.

When  I say that she doesn't want really romance, I meant the so called traditional romance.  To her, romance is spending quality time with the man she loves doing things together and just enjoying being together, hence the blanket fort, which to most normal people would be considered childish.

• Like 4

This time in 24 hours ........ Oh please let there be a bit more laughter and hope by then and at least some steps on the road to recovery / talking,  even if all isn't fixed !!!! .

Agreed, Soopysue. It's bad enough that Steve Molaro lied to us about the answer about when Sheldon got the ring and commented on Amy possibly not ruling out dating other men. Even, though we all know Shamy is endgame, I think after this completely uncalled for break up episode, we all deserve at least a little hope soon. I know that Sheldon is hurting right now and hating on women but he and Amy have always had good communication. In some ways, they were the most stable of all the couples so I feel like Sheldon just giving up is OOC. In 9x01 when Amy said they were officially broke up, she took off and left and Sheldon's first instinct was to leap to his feet and go after her . He stopped himself, though...out of shock perhaps? Did he realize how very wrong his egg comment was and that no matter what he said, he wouldn't be able to unsay what he said to Amy even if he apologized?

I was honestly expecting him to start moping around and maybe even cry after getting to his apartment. Instead, he starts listing the reasons why men are better than women. Is this just another classic Sheldon situation of him not understanding that he's the one that's wrong or he just too proud to go apologize? Either way, judging by his "women hating", I don't think we can expect to see Sheldon crawling back. He did get his heart broken. He dropped his guard around Amy the way he never has with anyone else. He fell in love with her. They had a five year relationship and for that to suddenly be ripped away from Sheldon...I feel like it's going to take him to dark places. He's gonna be in revenge mode- he may revert to Season 1 Spock/Sheldon for a while.

I'm just speculating but judging from everything we know about Sheldon's character, I feel like this is highly possibly. I want as little angst as possible. But it seems like the writers want to add some angst to "spice" things up. I hope they know what they're doing. Right now, it just feels like the break up only happened to further postpone Shamy coitus. Even, though the writers say they constantly discuss this delicate topic in the writes room, I feel like they just haven't figured out a way to write this scene for our favorite couple and I'm positive they're also scared of how the dynamic will change once Sheldon loses his virginity. I think the writers should've just gone with the flow rather than come up with some lame reason to postpone the inevitable.

They better have make up coitus if they're gonna put us through this break up nonsense! lol And no new guys for Amy. xD I'm sure Sheldon will find a way to keep other men at bay while he tries to win her back (even if at first it's through vengeful tactics or just plain stupidity lol). I just want to focus on how good it will be to have Shamy back together. Sheldon's not ever gonna let her go again once he gets her back. I want to think that he becomes a little clingy with her once they make up and surprises her with a bunch of kisses throughout the day to make up for lost time. :3

• Like 3

By the time the premiere airs we will know a bit more as there will be 5 episodes taped

Thanks God for spoilers!!! I think I could never handle to watch the premiere unspoiled, at least now I know what to expect! Even if this mess is not fixed soon (I hardly think so, but..you know...anything can happen) I think I will not quit TBBT altogether, I'm too addicted!  Anyway, to know what's going on and what is happening is important to me and watching the premiere with the "big picture" more or less clear in my mind is very comforting...

So, I thank again and again those who makes it possible, I hope that those who are attending the taping this week will have a fantastic time and will enjoy the experience, independently from the roller coaster of our ship!! Have fun guys!!!

I was honestly expecting him to start moping around and maybe even cry after getting to his apartment. Instead, he starts listing the reasons why men are better than women. Is this just another classic Sheldon situation of him not understanding that he's the one that's wrong or he just too proud to go apologize? Either way, judging by his "women hating", I don't think we can expect to see Sheldon crawling back. He did get his heart broken. He dropped his guard around Amy the way he never has with anyone else. He fell in love with her. They had a five year relationship and for that to suddenly be ripped away from Sheldon...I feel like it's going to take him to dark places. He's gonna be in revenge mode- he may revert to Season 1 Spock/Sheldon for a while.

you know what? this is my worst fear...I also feel it would be very IC (certainly more IC than seeing Sheldon fight to win Amy back...) to see a few\some\many episodes in which Sheldon acts like he did in the old seasons...It would be his way to deny he is suffering and  the importance of Amy in his life, a way to say that all his changes and personal growth due to the new experience of falling in love are not for the best, they made him a weaker person and, everything considered, he was happier before and, moreover, a better man before...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1

I'm just speculating but judging from everything we know about Sheldon's character, I feel like this is highly possibly. I want as little angst as possible. But it seems like the writers want to add some angst to "spice" things up. I hope they know what they're doing. Right now, it just feels like the break up only happened to further postpone Shamy coitus. Even, though the writers say they constantly discuss this delicate topic in the writes room, I feel like they just haven't figured out a way to write this scene for our favorite couple and I'm positive they're also scared of how the dynamic will change once Sheldon loses his virginity. I think the writers should've just gone with the flow rather than come up with some lame reason to postpone the inevitable.

They better have make up coitus if they're gonna put us through this break up nonsense! lol And no new guys for Amy. xD I'm sure Sheldon will find a way to keep other men at bay while he tries to win her back (even if at first it's through vengeful tactics or just plain stupidity lol). I just want to focus on how good it will be to have Shamy back together. Sheldon's not ever gonna let her go again once he gets her back. I want to think that he becomes a little clingy with her once they make up and surprises her with a bunch of kisses throughout the day to make up for lost time. :3

I think they've been building up the coitus for so long now that it's became so massive that they're scared to do it in case they screw it up and are now finding things to delay it even further.  They should just get it over and done with and then move on to the more interesting things that will develop after the coitus.

• Like 2

you know what? this is my worst fear...I also feel it would be very IC (certainly more IC that seeing Sheldon fight to win Amy back...) to see a few\some\many episodes in which Sheldon acts like he did in the old seasons...It would be his way to deny he is suffering and  the importance of Amy in his life, a way to say that all his changes and personal growth due to the new experience of falling in love are not for the best, they made him a weaker person and, everything considered, he was happier before and, moreover, a better man before...

You're right. It really would be more IC of Sheldon to just block out his emotions. I really hope I'm wrong. What if in 9x02, Amy realizes that she was too hasty about the break up and that she only said it out of anger and not because it was what she really wanted? I can see her realizing this and just as she entertains the idea of going to talk to Sheldon, he shows up at her apartment with not only a box of things that belong to Amy and the Termination notice. I can see this being Shedon's backward way of trying to get Amy back by punishing her for breaking his heart (and wants her to come crawling and apologizing to him because he's too proud.) Lol I'm just coming up with the worst scenarios possible because I have a tendency of being wrong when it comes to my favorite TV show couples. So here's to hoping I'm wrong and that instead, Sheldon and Amy have a heated argument that ends in a heated make out session on Amy's couch/bed. :p

I think they've been building up the coitus for so long now that it's became so massive that they're scared to do it in case they screw it up and are now finding things to delay it even further.  They should just get it over and done with and then move on to the more interesting things that will develop after the coitus.

I agree with you. The writers have already established that Sheldon and Amy "have a lot more going on besides doing it" as Jim once said. After five years, kisses added to the RA, an ILY confession, a sleepover and Sheldon buying an engagement ring...I would say it's high time they consummate their relationship. Sheldon himself admitted "I may be an alien but I have desires as well." SHELDON admitted he has desires! If he's wiling to admit to his desires and once said "It's a possibility." and "I have not ruled it out." then there's obviously no more denying that Sheldon wants Amy in every way possible. The writers should just throw themselves into their writing room for a week straight, figure out when/how the coitus will take place and let Jim and Mayim give their perspectives on their characters reactions and movements during the scene and the afterglow scene. lol

• Like 6

People here don't brow beat Amy.  If anything,  Sheldon gets shit everytime he doesn't bend to Amy's every little whim.  

Here's the deal (in my opinion of course), there is nothing wrong with Amy wanting traditionally romantic things.   But,  the issue I have is that tptb,  seem to play on this idea that she wants this romance novel style love affair and had a bit of a pie in the sky idea of what relationships should be like.   First of all,  I don't think that is true to the Amy character.  It's something that just comes up out of nowhere.  Second of all it isn't fair to Sheldon.   Why the hell would someone who wants these things want to be in a relationship with Sheldon Lee Cooper, and for 5 years no less. 

You mentioned that she thought the RA was romantic until she read it.   How is that Sheldon's fault?   Sheldon have her the chance to contest parts of the agreement.  And he still does,  as it had been shown to be a living,  breathing document.   Sheldon did not misrepresent himself.   

And this idea that he was backsliding all last season is just ridiculous.   He is a freakin human being.   He's not going to be perfect.  And neither is poor, put upon Amy.  I happen to think Sheldon was absolutely correct in his 8.2 comment.   Back to the fact that tptb go back and forth with her idea of romance,  Amy is often put off by the over the top stuff that Leonard and Raj spew.  She is often swooned by the weird,  quirky things that Sheldon does.   I think Sheldon is right because she gets caught up in what she sees in other relationships,  but as shown throughout the rest of the episode,  she was very proud of their type of romance.

I believe that Sheldon had some growing up so left to do.  He has issues,  but I believe he was a very good boyfriend this season.   And if people think he wasn't because he didn't toe the line 24/7, well that unrealistic and unfair expectation bothers the shit out of me.  I will not continue to ship this couple if the moral is that one needs to change themselves to be an acceptable mate or be worthy of love.   They should strive to be the best version of themselves, but they should not be expected to be more than that and there should be room to fail.  

Might I add that as much crap as Sheldon gets,  he has never shown any want to change who Amy is.  He likes/loves her for who she is quirks and all.   I am hoping through all this that Amy remembers that she actually feels the same way about him. 

And one more thing,  not to offend,  though I'm sure it will.   I don't see how personal experiences that done not include the experiences of Sheldon or Amy have any baring on anything.   I'm not sure I could be in a romantic relationship with Sheldon Cooper, but I'm not and neither is anyone else besides Amy.  Only what we actually know about Amy, and not feelings of what we want if we were Amy, should matter. 

***trying to type on my phone. Hope this is coherent ****

Nickelette, If I were easily offended, I would never post anything on this site.

As for personal experience, it has EVERYTHING to do with how you see the world. Seeing the world through your own eyes is a unique experience. This is why every single person who watches this show may have a slightly different take on things. People who have lost their mom may feel more empathy towards Howard losing his mom. Someone who has had a frustrating romantic partner may empathise with Amy more than someone who has never had that issue. It is not a hard and fast rule for everyone, but it may give you an additional layer of understanding.

This gives me warm Xanax feels with a glass of red wine kicker... ahh....LOVE IT

I completely agree with 100% of this....

Hazel I agree 100% to your 100% agreement. Long live Shamy!

• Like 2

madamocho, I must say this...I totally love your signature!!!

• Like 2

Nickelette, If I were easily offended, I would never post anything on this site.

As for personal experience, it has EVERYTHING to do with how you see the world. Seeing the world through your own eyes is a unique experience. This is why every single person who watches this show may have a slightly different take on things. People who have lost their mom may feel more empathy towards Howard losing his mom. Someone who has had a frustrating romantic partner may empathise with Amy more than someone who has never had that issue. It is not a hard and fast rule for everyone, but it may give you an additional layer of understanding.

Of course our experiences effect how we see the world.   But there is a difference between understanding or empathizing more with one person based on experience and projecting those experiences onto said person. 

• Like 2

Of course our experiences effect how we see the world.   But there is a difference between understanding or empathizing more with one person based on experience and projecting those experiences onto said person. 

good thing Madamocho was empathizing with all the characters Instead of projecting,  huh? 

• Like 1

good thing Madamocho was empathizing with all the characters Instead of projecting,  huh? 

I completely agree!
  • Like 1

Doesn't read that way to me,  but you guys believe so then more power to you.  I disagree. 

It is alway so soothing to read your opinion, Madamocho.

• Like 1

Re: the bolded part: someone who has had a frustrating romantic partner may also empathise with Sheldon, perhaps? Don't get me wrong, Amy is understanding, and has clearly made great effort with her own impulse control and impatience to accommodate Sheldon.

But Sheldon has a romantic partner who went from wanting one set of things to being seemingly more and more swayed by her circle of friends into insisting on more and more things that were not in the scope of anything he agreed to do. Sheldon has a romantic partner who, it sometimes seems, wants him to be someone else. A romantic partner who (depending on the writers' whims) is a different person from episode to episode, seemingly minute to minute. A romantic partner who is patient and understanding, but who implicitly and explicitly puts pressure on Sheldon to change, and is never quite satisfied with any of the effort he puts into himself. 

Now, I know I sound all #TeamSheldon right now, and I'm not, really. I've spent much of Seasons Six and Seven going 'Run, Amy!'. I'm just saying that Amy and Sheldon both have some growing up to do. Yes, Amy has the right to the occasional bout of bad behaviour, and god knows Sheldon is exasperating sometimes. BUT I get a little uncomfortable with the notion that the onus is entirely on Sheldon to 'man up', 'step up', overhaul himself or whatever. Even though the show lets Sheldon get away with truly egregious behaviour, the show has always implicitly condemned it. Amy, on the other hand, endures a LOT, but has rarely- if ever- even implicitly been slated for her own instances of immaturity or impatience (Her behaviour when Wil Wheaton was on 'Fun With Flags', her repeated insistence on moving in with Sheldon long before she was ready). 

• Like 8

This is starting to feel like Amy's feelings vs Sheldon's feelings rather than a powerful united Shamy front.

HAHA! Fair enough. Okay, let me summon my best impression of a five-year-old caught fighting:

'THE SHOW STARTED IT!'

(sticks hands in pockets, kicks floor, slouches sulkily up to room)

Edited by wowbagger
  • Like 8

This is starting to feel like Amy's feelings vs Sheldon's feelings rather than a powerful united Shamy front.

It's practically human nature to pick sides when there are fights :p

• Like 3

Exactly... That is why I have been staying away. Even Molaro said they both have a leg to stand on in this fight. They were both wrong and they are both right. I am not team Amy or team Sheldon. I am team Shamy. I just want them back together. I am not going to write an essay on my feelings. Because quite frankly I find them boring and unnecessary. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 9

Molaro said that we will see how fell in love Sheldon is with Amy this season, right? 

Please, I wanna see Sheldon's reaction a little bit, not angry but a love reaction.

Please Molaro, only a little bit...

• Like 3

For some reason, I find it comforting that the Relationship Agreement was "thrown out the window"  (I hope) by and even with an angry,hurt, and heartbroken Sheldon.

As opposed to the irritated Sheldon in The Table Polarization, this angry,hurt, and heartbroken Sheldon might still be holding onto something,perhaps more meaningful to him, other than a dining table.

6 x 17 : "I want a normal boyfriend"

7 x 15 "I deserve romance!"

6 x 17 : "I want a normal boyfriend" - I read it as she wanting a boyfriend who isn't averted in the physical aspects of intimacy.

7 x 15 "I deserve romance!" - I STILL read it as she wanting a boyfriend who isn't averted in the physical aspects of intimacy.

I never read it as she wanting a hearts & flowers kind of boyfriend,even if she wanted a bouquet of flowers like how Sheldon gave Mary one.

The episode haven't aired but I haven't left out that Sheldon's inappropriate comment about Amy's eggs is his backhanded statement that he doesn't mind having physical intimacy with her anymore. The inappropriateness is he used is as something like a bait for Amy to take him back.

Edited by Chelle
  • Like 6

For some reason, I find it comforting that the Relationship Agreement was "thrown out the window"  (I hope) by and even with an angry,hurt, and heartbroken Sheldon.

As opposed to the irritated Sheldon in The Table Polarization, this angry,hurt, and heartbroken Sheldon might still be holding onto something,perhaps more meaningful to him, other than a dining table.

6 x 17 : "I want a normal boyfriend" - I read it as she wanting a boyfriend who isn't averted in the physical aspects of intimacy.

7 x 15 "I deserve romance!" - I STILL read it as she wanting a boyfriend who isn't averted in the physical aspects of intimacy.

I never read it as she wanting a hearts & flowers kind of boyfriend,even if she wanted a bouquet of flowers like how Sheldon gave Mary one.

The episode haven't aired but I haven't left out that Sheldon's inappropriate comment about Amy's eggs is his backhanded statement that he doesn't mind having physical intimacy with her anymore. The inappropriateness is he used is as something like a bait for Amy to take him back.

100% agree with everything you wrote and very happy to see more Shamy united feelings this am. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

#TeamShAmEnny

You lost me on the 'enny' part...

Exactly... That is why I have been staying away. Even Molaro said they both have a leg to stand on in this fight. They were both wrong and they are both right. I am not team Amy or team Sheldon. I am team Shamy. I just want them back together. I am not going to write an essay on my feelings. Because quite frankly I find them boring and unnecessary. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How much more percent can I go up to  agree with this!?!

Xerox this, yo!!  (For the kids... Xerox means copy!)

Team TBBT.

Edited by hazelra7
  • Like 8

I've always had the feeling that no one has ever given her flowers before and that was why she wanted a bouquet of flowers from him. 

• Like 4

I've always had the feeling that no one has ever given her flowers before and that was why she wanted a bouquet of flowers from him. 

I agree! And it does feel great to receive flowers, doesn't it?

• Like 3