• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

I just finished watching the premiere episode of season 9.  It's on repeat.  Actually, that episode was quite funny.  I still felt bad for Sheldon and Amy even though I know they will be back together soon.  Is it Dec. 10 yet? :)

We've discussed all the times Sheldon referred to his (then) hypothetical sex life with Amy and saying how whimsical/inventive/hot/rough/frequent/etc. But I wonder just how many times over the series he's put down the notion of sex? I bet there's hundreds. Almost in every episode, I would guess. Every time I see him call sex pointless/stupid/a waste of time/etc I'm gonna giggle to myself lol.

• Like 2

I was watching a video and I heard that the woman who wrote the "Twilight" saga wrote or will write another book with the same events of the "original" story, the only thing different is the genders of the characters. I don't know if it is something recurring in fanfictions, but then I thought about a episode of TBBT where this happens. I can only imagine how funny it would be to the actors, how many bloopers to the end of the season and how funny the episode itself would be. It could be a good call for the 200th.

3 hours ago, S.L Farrell said:

Yuppers! Hello fellow Northerner!....lol.... I was hoping to miss out on the white stuff till after I put my winter tires on but alas it was not to be!  We had the freezing rain earlier in the day and they are calling for 20 cm tonight....not gonna lie, I envy those who have little to no snow in the winter....6 months of winter here is a little harsh, I am hoping that I can make it out next winter sometime to go to a taping of BBT, fingers crossed it will all work out!

I wouldn't mind getting to a taping as well.  Hmm....

Edited by lpm

Some questions to keep me going until eps 10 and 11 : Please answer, it'll be amusing! 

1. What would the Shamy baby be called?

2. Will Sheldon thank Amy in his Nobel speech?

3. Is Sheldon more of a boobs or ass man. Motivate your answer with a quote of action from the show.

4. Are we ever going to see Vanessa again?

5. Who else wants the elevator to work so that Lenny can catch Shamy necking like a couple of hooligans in it?

I can't wait anymore!!! I'm slowly losing my miiiiiiiiiiiiind.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lionne said:

I suspect that the show is not going to make big changes to wardrobe simply because the characters had sex. While the breakup may have caused the characters to gain new perspectives on their relationship, I think that the predictable push back over Sheldon having sex is going to lead the writers to show, and maybe even stress, that outside of their romantic life in the bedroom, losing their virginity is not going to change them that much as human beings. 

In fact, they've already written some of that into the scripts. Amy went as far as getting her ears pierced, but was not going to change her clothing over some guy. When she did dress in a slightly more form fitting dress for her date with Dave, she felt it was entirely outside her comfort zone while Penny and Bernadette could not tell the difference. I think that it's been strongly suggested by the writing that TPTB love Amy just as she is and are not planning, and actually explicitly reject, the idea of giving her a make over. 

And Sheldon's comment about having sex again in a year or his inability to read Amy's physical cues about consent and his desire for her to sign an explicit form also serve to remind us that he's still Sheldon. Having sex once isn't a sudden jump into understanding it or his own limbido or urges very well. I have a feeling that now that the dam has burst, so to speak, on their sex life, the fears and uncertainty which held them both back are no longer in place and a bit of chaos might ensue. Sheldon's cluelessness about that likelihood is pretty classic Sheldon, as is his trouble reading her "yes" in her kiss. 

Overall, there are only so many cards a person can shuffle about their personality. Sex was a card that Sheldon refused to consider playing for a long time, although he held on firmly to his right to play it if he wanted to with Amy, as well as his right to only play it when he was ready and he wanted to. But sex is just one card, and I don't think the rest will change much for him. Or her either. 

They love each other and they made love to each other. It might seem fun to frame it in more vulgar terms, but nothing about their progress to this point in the past 5 years, nor the tenderness and awkwardness they displayed in the episode when it finally happened, suggest that this was mere fucking or boning for either. It was true intimacy borne from true love. Both of them are like such babes in the woods sometimes; I hate it and feel protective of them and the ship when the somewhat naughty delight over this huge milestone just turns downright crude and nasty. It also seems pedantic to get caught up in an argument about labels or interpretations of Sheldon the writers have shot down since season 1, and argue if he can or can't or could. He did. And he liked it. Because, bottom line, of pure love. 

It would be nice to respect that retain some of the sweetness of the whole thing, and to take a big step back from the crudity, if we can. 

Yes, I totally agree with you. However, I think you might have misunderstand my question; I do like Amy's regular clothes, as I have mentioned, but I like them because they are conservative, quite resembles my dressing style, but of course, not a lot of layers like hers and I do wear pants. 

1 hour ago, Riley7 said:

Some questions to keep me going until eps 10 and 11 : Please answer, it'll be amusing! 

3. Is Sheldon more of a boobs or ass man. Motivate your answer with a quote of action from the show.

5. Who else wants the elevator to work so that Lenny can catch Shamy necking like a couple of hooligans in it?

1. Well, I haven't figured it out yet, but because of Sheldon's love for comics and sci-fi and Amy's romantic material preference, I think their baby's name would be very interesting. Like if the baby was a girl, she could be named Leia or Jane.

2. I think at the end of his speech, he will.

3. Well, according to the ffs I have read from several authors in this thread, I think he prefers both.

4. I hope she made a comeback in an awkward situation between Shamy or they came across her at somewhere random.

5. Well, I would love to. But if the elevator were to be reactive again, that would contribute a whole plot line as well, not to mention the details you suggest.

Edited by overdosedcanary

2 hours ago, Riley7 said:

1. That's a hard one.. He could want to either name it after some comic book hero or a famous physicist/scientist like he named his cats. Although he was going to name the turtle Seth or Giuseppi which as far as I'm concerned don't fall into either category. On the other hand I don't think Amy would agree to some of the names and would maybe want a more traditional name. I don't know, would be fun to see them debating over the name somewhere in the end of the show (no babies for a while please).

2. Yes, I really think he would. 

3. I have absolutely no idea. I don't think he has a preference, at least I cannot come up with a single quote that would directly imply so.

4. I doubt it. I'd prefer to see Dave much more! I really hope he'd make an appearance in their wedding, it'd absolutely hilarious!

5. I don't know if they'd make out in the elevator even if it was working. Also I don't think they're going to fix the elevator simply because they like to have scenes when they're walking up and down the stairs. But as an idea I like it.

2 hours ago, Riley7 said:

Ok, I'll try...

1. Depends on the location of the birth. If on Mars, it will have some cool Martian name, otherwise, probably after some famous physicist/biologist.

2. Yes!

3. Definitely ass, that's easy:-) Thanksgiving dinner; punishing Amy for pretending to be ill; there were also some scenes where he walks up the stairs behind Amy watching her move (I don't remember which episode); and you should watch the unaired pilot (I found it on youtube some time ago, I think it was in five parts) - although that's not canon, there Sheldon finished his deposit at the sperm bank with the help of a magazine of women with big butts:-)

4. No! Argh...

5. Like Penny's first name before her marriage, I believe a functioning elevator will never make an appearance. Even if it would, I don't think they would neck in there.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Riley7 said:

I've often wondered what Sheldon and Amy would name a baby and my initial thought was that Sheldon would probably pick a name of a sci-fi, which I thought would be a bit naff but then I realised that a few of them have quite normal names. 

boys names - James, Peter, Clark, Barry, Bruce, Luke

I could only think of one girls name though -  Leia

3 hours ago, Riley7 said:

1. Maybe they will choose GM, GP names.

2. Often occured by private items.

3. Old fashion of course, as mummy/daddy. He doesn't know the kamasutra.

4. Vanessa realised late she wants to be the bride.

5. It will work and fail again.

40685037babd54f5eb00c6bd8070e7d1.jpg

Edited by Denzel

4 hours ago, Riley7 said:

1. Carl (Sagan)? Alfred (Nobel)? Luke(Skywalker? Spock? I can only think about these ones.
2. Absolutelly yes.
3. Ass man. Two proofs to motivate my answer:
    -He slapped Amy's ass in that episode she pretended she was sick and at the Thanksgiving episode from season 7.
    -Last episode of season 5. Amy is complaining that Howard and Bernadette changed their wedding plans. Meanwhile, Sheldon is staring her ass (please please please, if someone knows this gif I'm talking about, post it here!).
4. Oh, hell no!
5. They fix, do it and meanwhile the elevator broke with them inside, dying without air in a tiny environment. How romantic!

11 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

3. Ass man. Two proofs to motivate my answer:
    -He slapped Amy's ass in that episode she pretended she was sick and at the Thanksgiving episode from season 7.
    -Last episode of season 5. Amy is complaining that Howard and Bernadette changed their wedding plans. Meanwhile, Sheldon is staring her ass (please please please, if someone knows this gif I'm talking about, post it here!).

tumblr_mby6kfBNHT1qbme8m.gif.4f99bfb900a

I think you meant this, right? :wink:

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Riley7 said:

I'm really that bothered about the elevator, unless one of the girls gets pregnant, because there wouldn't be much fun in seeing a heavily pregnant woman climbing all those flights of stairs. 

• Like 2

Wow...waiting is so frustrating!!! Almost two weeks left for 9.10 and three for 9.11, it's killing me!!

Anyway, I was thinking that TPTB have been very smart here. At the beginning I was kind of surprised they decided to spill the beans about 9.11, it seemed too soon doing it almost a month before the actual episode airs and in some sense in my opinion  it has weakened for casual viewers the powerful tag scene by Jim and Mayim in 9.9. Not knowing what is going to happen in two episodes would have made that moment of course sadder, but also more meaningful. However, after some thought, I realized that the 3 weeks break (that I guess was scheduled in advance) could have created a loss of interest in casual viewers (not that I think the ratings would have dropped, but maybe they could have been not so high) but now everybody will turn the TV on on December 10th, since it will be interesting to see how the hell from "I need to be your friend" we pass to intimacy in two episodes. I know for sure that in my country this fact has created some interest, even if TBBT is not that big here. For example some Italian sites that in general show just the official  the synopses of the episodes when it is available have already published a summary of 9.10, announcing that Shamy will be back on that episode, and some details of 9.11. Well done there!!!!

• Like 7

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic