The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

9 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

2. You suddenly need to introduce a butt-load of family member characters and you just don't have the time in a 20(ish) minute sitcom!

Maybe the Shamy wedding will take place over two episodes, or maybe a double episode.

14 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

The wedding day episode could consist of quick shots of the ladies helping Amy get dressed, an exchange of vows at the altar, and the drive out to a honeymoon.

But, as a non-religious person, would Amy want a church wedding?

I can see her wanting a big wedding, but not a church one.

Maybe they could have it outdoors, in somewhere like a park.

8 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

My favourite kind! 

Isn't all masturbation mental, at least partially?

Without the mental component, you would never get aroused, let alone climax.

8 hours ago, Lionne said:

Frankly, I could see Sheldon swooning at the idea of getting married at the comic book store.

Or on a train. :cool: 

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

While I agree that Amy would want a big wedding and she would like all the fuss etc I am not sure Sheldon or Amy would care for a wedding in a church or something like that simply because they are not that religious. 

• Like 8

For Barney and Robin's they spent an entire season on it! - I'm good with that approach for the Shamy doo ;0)

They don't have an entire season.

They have until 10.02, which, assuming the proposal is in the 200th episode (and assuming season 9 has 24 episodes), gives them 8 episodes to prepare, with the wedding on the 9th episode.

I'm sorry but I'm gonna have turn this into a disagreement cus that gif is eye coitus on her part and pure unadulterated fear on his part! :sarcastichand:

If he's experiencing fear, why did he pause to consider the offer, of having his way with Amy?

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

tumblr_mw05329YE51qasxjlo1_500.gif

I was surprised Sheldon engaged in eye coitus, when they weren't even boyfriend and girlfriend.

Amy I can understand, because she'd been drinking, but Sheldon was sober.

8 hours ago, boys3allc said:

They could have them suddenly be like sneaky teenagers...

That could be fun.

The Shamy engaging in covert coitus, until, inevitably, they're literally "caught in the act", preferably by Penny.

8 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Amy's sole purpose was to attract females to watch the show. Obviously it has worked.

It worked on me too, and I'm male.

• Like 1

I'm not really that into a courthouse wedding.. I agree though that they might not have a big wedding because it'd be hard to execute, even though I think Amy would like to have one. Like someone suggested, they might start planning a big wedding, but then something goes wrong and they end up having a smaller wedding with just close friends and maybe Sheldon's mum and meemaw. I don't know, the writers might surprise us all and do something totally different. Anyways, I'm really excited to see how it'll turn out! I just want them to be married and happy. 

32 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

How many episodes they have some wedding planning in will depend on when the proposal is.  If it's fairly quick, they could spend the rest of the season have planning in it.  If it's not until later in the season, then they could do it over a couple of episodes.

I still like idea that Amy will start to plan it and the girls and Raj take over and Amy getting upset over it.  Sheldon either then suggest going to the courthouse or puts his foot down so Amy gets the wedding she wants.

BTW The Napa Valley Wine Train does do weddings, so why can't they do it that way.  Sheldon will love it because it will be on a train and Amy will love it because it was where Sheldon kissed her for the first time.

I actually really like this idea! 

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, jlove said:

What episode is this one from?

6.21, The Closure Alternative.

59 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

and no, this isn't my lame attempt at FF lol!

I don't think it's lame, and I think you should totally write it.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, bluebird said:

Like someone suggested, they might start planning a big wedding, but then something goes wrong and they end up having a smaller wedding with just close friends and maybe Sheldon's mum and meemaw.

Maybe they have it all arranged, then, the day before the wedding, they find they're snowed in, and their relatives can't fly in.

Instead, they set up two laptops, one Skyping to Sheldon's family, and the other Skyping to Amy's family.

A thought has occurred to me.  Knowing Sheldon's dislike of public displays of affection, what's he going to do when he's told to kiss his bride?

• Like 1

I've really understood what a lots of yours think about marriage, if it necessary has to be this big, or if this will have to be despite the wish of the authors, a little and intimate. But do you know what a wedding means really, is it a question of a big white large dress, of a single circle of closer friends(?), this is not romantic because it's asked at the same place there was a kiss or a long regard.

Wedding is an engagment for a life, no matter who has more money than who, and who has the more important list of friends, in Japan, this can just happen in front of the law, and the public registration, this has no relationship with a luxurious ceremony anyway, if that is extremely sober.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Denzel

10 hours ago, RoX said:

I think the same. I believe shamy will have twins =) 

Have you notice that there are a lot of references of babies/childs around Shamy?? Martian kids. When they start a rumor about Amy being pregnant. Sheldon being mad at a baby on holidays. To be the first ones starting a family (turtle hehe!). When Sheldon says to Penny that he talked with Amy about having a kid together. There are more examples, but right now I remember these... 

Two more here...

When Amy talks about female Thor having a baby... When Sheldon calls himself daddy when they are at the pet store

And.... The little baby called Fun with Flags...

tumblr_nvvl4lBNgc1sp0cpeo8_250.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A Shamy gal said:

A thought has occurred to me.  Knowing Sheldon's dislike of public displays of affection, what's he going to do when he's told to kiss his bride?

I do t know that he dislikes it all that much.  When he kissed Amy on the train, there lots of people I. There with them.  If he were at his own wedding, I don't think he'd have a problem.

• Like 7

On 28.11.2015 at 3:49 PM, April said:

We're talking about the guy who's passionately kissing Amy in front of Dave, right? Going out on a limb here and say: He'll be fine.

Yeah I'm with you, Sheldon has shown a real development in that area. I think that when he's at the altar (or where ever they'll get married) marrying the love of his life, his little lady, he's not going to care about the people there. 

Loving all these eye coitus gifs guys! Just look at them.. my heart melts :girlsigh:

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 8

50 minutes ago, April said:

We're talking about the guy who's passionately kissing Amy in front of Dave, right? Going out on a limb here and say: He'll be fine.

I think it may be a little different standing up in front of your friends and family knowing they are watching you intently.

2 hours ago, Denzel said:

in Japan, this can just happen in front of the law, and the public registration.

Same in the UK.

They're called Registry Offices, and a wedding requires just 5 people to be present, namely the bride and groom, two witnesses, and the Registrar.

• Like 2

Which episode is this one from?

eyeyyeyws.gif.e3330d16829e9f487e1b0f5873

Could you imagine Amy being grilled, by the other girls, about their night of coitus.

AMY: "Then Sheldon performed cunnilingus on me".

PENNY: "You mean Sheldon went down on you?"

AMY: "I believe that's what I just said".

:icon_biggrin:

14 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Which episode is this one from?

eyeyyeyws.gif.e3330d16829e9f487e1b0f5873

I believe that is from The Bon Voyage Reaction.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

I think it may be a little different standing up in front of your friends and family knowing they are watching you intently.

Idk, at the rate they're moving these two forward I can see them kissing in front of the gang at least once between now and the wedding. lol

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, April said:

Idk, at the rate they're moving these two forward I can see them kissing in front of the gang at least once between now and the wedding. lol

Well it would be a good excuse to practise  :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by A Shamy gal
  • Like 3

kazzie said:-

"Was so fucking perfect"

And vice versa. :icon_biggrin: 

BTW. What was the audience reaction like, at each stage?

Also, great as it sounds, I can't help but feel a tiny bit disappointing, that we were pre-warned that the coitus (not to mention Sheldon and Amy :) ) was coming.

Pity we couldn't have the big reveal, with no warning.