[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

19 minutes ago, jenafan said:

and wondering if Amy would end up sleeping with someone else

Even now, with everything (as Raj would say) Hunky Dunky, that sentence still gives me a cold shiver.

BTW. Amy said she had six dates, with three people, which, IIUC, was over a period of six months?

Not exactly throwing herself into it, was she?

Also, it seems like there was a massive gap, between Amy's date with Dave, where he talked incessantly about Sheldon, and their final date, at Amy's apartment?

Edited by Stephen Hawking

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

It's not so much a case of, why can't they?

It's more a case of, would they want it?

Amy wants a traditional wedding. Please rewatch season 5, when they planned Howardette wedding. Sometimes, she felt like she WAS  the bride (ep 8, 16, 22)

Episode 24 "It is not the wedding I want!"

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Susana Alcira said:

Amy wants a traditional wedding. Please rewatch season 5, when they planned Howardette wedding. Sometimes, she felt like she WAS  the bride (ep 8, 16, 22)

Episode 24 "It is not the wedding I want!"

Well, to be fair though, who knows if that's what she still wants. Character development and all that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tmp said:

I agree there's no rush for a proposal/wedding.  For the rest of s9, I just want less Shamy drama.  Shamy have been so much of a focus this season so far that it's time for other storylines to take center stage.  Let's meet Howard's father, develop Penny's career, check in with Raj/Emily, and most of all, have storylines for the whole cast.  Let's have plots for combinations of characters we don't see very often.  For Shamy, I'm content with some scenes with them drinking tea, eating lunch in Amy's lab, or holding hands on the couch--as long as they're shown as being happy and in love.  

This is all I want too. I don't need anything else for a while. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, April said:

Well, to be fair though, who knows if that's what she still wants. Character development and all that.

I'd be surprised if she did still want that, especially after everything both of them have gone through the past six months.  I don't think she'll care what the ceremony is like as long as she and Sheldon are married at the end of it.  Anyway, dreaming of the big wedding with all the trappings is one thing, the stress of planning such a thing is usually quite different.

Edited by A Shamy gal
  • Like 7

Sheldon and Amy might not be religious but Mary Cooper is!

I can see them getting married at Mary's church in Texas, it would keep Amy's new mother in law happy and keep all the 'extra' family members that they don't feel like casting, from coming cus they might not want to travel all the way to Texas.

Monica and Chandler did have a big wedding yes but all of the family there had already made appearances in the show before so they didn't really need introduced during those two episodes and there was a calamity with Joey almost not making it there.

Sitcom weddings never go entirely to plan :no:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

I'd be surprised if she did still want that, especially after everything both of them have gone through the past six months.  I don't think she'll care what the ceremony is like as she and Sheldon are married at the end of it.  Anyway, dreaming of the big wedding with all the trappings is one thing, the stress of planning such a thing is usually quite different.

Yes, Amy has matured a ton since Howardette's wedding when she wanted to be part of all that.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

I'd be surprised if she did still want that, especially after everything both of them have gone through the past six months.  I don't think she'll care what the ceremony is like as she and Sheldon are married at the end of it.  Anyway, dreaming of the big wedding with all the trappings is one thing, the stress of planning such a thing is usually quite different.

Indeed. I mean, if we're working with the theory that Amy, too, learned a thing or two during their break up and one of them was maybe that all those ideas about the perfect romance were a bit silly and not really what she needs to be happy then yes, I can easily buy that she would let go of that over the top dream wedding in favour of something that is a better fit for their actual relationship. Not even saying that it won't be romantic or sweet in its own way (because that seems to be a thing now anyway) but it'll probably more small scale and personal, if that makes any sense.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Sheldon and Amy might not be religious but Mary Cooper is!

I can see them getting married at Mary's church in Texas, it would keep Amy's new mother in law happy and keep all the 'extra' family members that they don't feel like casting, from coming cus they might not want to travel all the way to Texas.

Monica and Chandler did have a big wedding yes but all of the family there had already made appearances in the show before so they didn't really need introduced during those two episodes and there was a calamity with Joey almost not making it there.

Sitcom weddings never go entirely to plan :no:

While Mary may be religious it's not her wedding and I would hope she would allow Sheldon and Amy to have the wedding they want.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, April said:

She wants a traditional Christmas, a Vintage one. She likes weddings. She wanted to catch Penny´s flowers(9 x 1)

Edited by Susana Alcira
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

While Mary may be religious it's not her wedding and I would hope she would allow Sheldon and Amy to have the wedding they want.

I agree. I think Mary is a lot less overbearing than some people make it out to be. In the end she just wants her Shelly to be happy.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Susana Alcira said:

She wants a traditional Christmas, a Vintage one. She likes weddings

I think she was trying for a Victorian Christmas, at least as far as the games where concerned.  If she wants the same for her wedding, well it would be a church where she lives, but I don't think she goes to church so if her mother goes to church, it would be that one.  BTW whose going to give her away?

3 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

It'd be a bit unfair on Amy's family, having it all the way out in Texas.

Surely having it in Pasadena or Glendale would be fairer?

I think the bride's family takes precedence or at least they should, as they usually pay for it.

Edited by A Shamy gal
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Isn't it supposed to be one of the women, who catches the bouquet?

It's a comedy so they can do that.  I would say Raj would be the one to catch it, but I just had a thought that it might be Stuart.

Edited by A Shamy gal
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Susana Alcira said:

I see their wedding in Texas. I think Sheldon is more traditional than Amy, the ring is an example

So it wouldn't be a traditional wedding with all her family there then?

Edited by A Shamy gal

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic