The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

For some reason, I find it comforting that the Relationship Agreement was "thrown out the window"  (I hope) by and even with an angry,hurt, and heartbroken Sheldon.

As opposed to the irritated Sheldon in The Table Polarization, this angry,hurt, and heartbroken Sheldon might still be holding onto something,perhaps more meaningful to him, other than a dining table.

6 x 17 : "I want a normal boyfriend" - I read it as she wanting a boyfriend who isn't averted in the physical aspects of intimacy.

7 x 15 "I deserve romance!" - I STILL read it as she wanting a boyfriend who isn't averted in the physical aspects of intimacy.

I never read it as she wanting a hearts & flowers kind of boyfriend,even if she wanted a bouquet of flowers like how Sheldon gave Mary one.

The episode haven't aired but I haven't left out that Sheldon's inappropriate comment about Amy's eggs is his backhanded statement that he doesn't mind having physical intimacy with her anymore. The inappropriateness is he used is as something like a bait for Amy to take him back.

100% agree with you!! 

I don't get it why many people think Amy wants romance, especially in old-fashioned ways, i don't think she's like that at all! She just wants to have sex with the man she loves, be able to hug him and kiss him and i don't think it's romance, i think it's like a completely normal physical desire... Actually i think among their company Raj & Leonard & maybe Howard in his own way are the romantic ones, and i don't think any of the girls are concentrated on romance at all!

Btw hi guys :D I found this forum last week after reading horrible premier spoilers and then found this forum and the existence of TRs and it's made it more bearable (yeah, the spoilers I read sounded even more awful then the actual TR :p ). So thank you for all of you guys who go to the tapings and share the info!

• Like 4

100% agree with you!! 
I don't get it why many people think Amy wants romance, especially in old-fashioned ways, i don't think she's like that at all! She just wants to have sex with the man she loves, be able to hug him and kiss him and i don't think it's romance, i think it's like a completely normal physical desire... Actually i think among their company Raj & Leonard & maybe Howard in his own way are the romantic ones, and i don't think any of the girls are concentrated on romance at all!

Btw hi guys :D I found this forum last week after reading horrible premier spoilers and then found this forum and the existence of TRs and it's made it more bearable (yeah, the spoilers I read sounded even more awful then the actual TR :p ). So thank you for all of you guys who go to the tapings and share the info!

I don't really think it is that clear what Amy really wants. Or should I say what she thinks she wants and what she can handle may not be the same. I suspect slow going Sheldon is closer to what she can handle and what she needs than she knows. Meaning I think there is a reason they stayed a couple as long as they have. Really I suspect she would have bolted like Lucy had she been with a more typical partner. Mary once said you got to take your time with Sheldon. I suspect the same is true of Amy. When the pace needs to be glacial it is not surprising they are not precisely in sync.

edit

The other thing I meant to say is Amy does use the word romantic herself but she often applies it to things people would not. Like the RA.

Edited by djsurrey
sp
  • Like 9

100% agree with you!! 

But she does want romance--and even in old-fashioned ways.  It's not the only thing she wants, and neither is physical desire the only thing she wants.

What she wants, IMO, is consideration and to know that Sheldon is making her a priority when they're together or when he's considering dashing off TO MARS! or whatever.

In Locomotive, she did indeed want "traditional romance"--the train ride up to Napa, the B-and-B, Valentines dinner with her boyfriend.  She thought she'd figured out a way that they would both enjoy the trip--Sheldon would get a kick out of the vintage train and she'd get her boyfriend in a romantic setting.

What she didn't count on is him actually enjoying the train so much and that getting him on the train in that setting wasn't going to automatically turn him into a Romeo.  I think it was incredibly unfair of her to get mad at Sheldon for enjoying what she intended for him to enjoy, the bribe she used to get him there.  But he was wrong to include his new friend in the mix.

She was rude and sullen the whole evening and he was focused solely on the train.  In the end, she got lucky in that he found out that kissing was not the objectionable thing he had seemed to consider it.  But though they shared a nice moment in the engine room, Sheldon still didn't turn into Romeo.  He did progress to enjoying kissing and making it a part of Date Night, but he wasn't writing her poems and bringing her flowers.  He still spent date night talking about gaming systems...

So, though they've made considerable progress in some ways in their relationship, including kissing and G-rated sleepovers, they still struggle over where SHeldon's priorities are.  He's always going to be selfish first--that's been part of his personality all along, even when it comes to the RelAg and his relationship with her.  I think he's gotten better at it as he's gotten used to this whole bf/gf thing, but it's something he'll probably always struggle with.

Many of us are selfish, but Sheldon has grown up as the prodigy who was always praised by his teachers and his mother and so forth.  Yes, he was bullied, but his reaction was to build death rays and that sort of thing.  I think that his whole offering a hot beverage thing is something his mother taught him in order to try to make him think of others.  Of course, for him it becomes another rule rather than a true expression of empathy.

So, he's kind of always learning this lesson of how to put others, and now especially Amy, first, both in actions and in thought.  And now that Amy got frustrated with him over his wandering mind, he couldn't conceive (because of his naivete when it comes to relationships) of how or why it would take her more than 11 hours to sort things out.

If he knows he wants to be with her, how come she doesn't know it, especially after she's had, in his opinion, plenty of time to think about it.

And if he needs an answer right away (because of how he feels), then he doesn't know better than to insist on it.

This reminds me of the time they fought about Wil Wheaton.  Leonard tried to help him by having him talk to her, but Sheldon just made it worse--Amy said Wheaton was rude to her and Sheldon didn't do anything (about it) and Sheldon's interpretation was, "See--I didn't do anything!", meaning, he wasn't the one being rude to her, just like on the train--he wasn't rude to her because he'd barely spoken to her.

I think their main issue is just fine-tuning their communication and Sheldon getting the hang of what it means to be a boyfriend.  I think that Amy perhaps needs to learn how to better communicate that to him by being direct and not trying to drop hints that he's never going to get.

• Like 6

...[snip]...

I think their main issue is just fine-tuning their communication and Sheldon getting the hang of what it means to be a boyfriend.  I think that Amy perhaps needs to learn how to better communicate that to him by being direct and not trying to drop hints that he's never going to get.

All excellent points.

• Like 1

Phanta......I agree 100% with your points. They need to fine tune the communication. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love love love all the discussion on here. You are all so eloquent. Here's hoping for a happier or at least positive taping report this evening!

• Like 3

This season I only wish a Amy more stronger and a Sheldon more in love with Amy. I know he is in love now but I wanna see it.

• Like 2

Where was the RA thrown out of the window? There's been no mention of it yet, but that doesn't mean it's been thrown out of the window or that it won't be part of their relationship when they're reconciled. 

I also don't really read much in that "I want a normal boyfriend" line in 6x17, that was just a joke said in jest to her monkeys when they were pestering her while Sheldon was taking her way too literally about apologizing to Penny RIGHT NOW. I don't think it had anything to do with intimacy or romance, more with Sheldon taking her literally and going back and forth between the computer and Penny's in the middle of their Skype convo because of it.

I had this mental image of you getting up at the end of the taping if they don't mention the ring and raise your hand up like in class going "Excuse me!!! Where is the answer about the ring?"

"Thrown out of the window", quoted - Pertaining to Sheldon insisting on having the cool-off/temporary break/termination clause of RA (if there is such clause) signed or having Sheldon quote "but the Relationship Agreement states that......" in the heat of Amy asking for time/heat of the moment of Sheldon and Amy arguing leading to breakup.

Edited by Chelle

I hope everyone attending the taping tonight has a great time. I think it would be an awesome experience to see a live taping. Sending positive vibes out into the universe. I'm not expecting miracles for Shamy tonight, but clarity in regards to their relationship would be great.

• Like 2

It's nice that they're getting along though. Mayim is always so friendly with guest stars :) 

• Like 1

Ahhh he's outside her apartment and holding a box of stuff. The emotionsss. :icon_cry: The hell is in that box though?

• Like 1

Well so much for getting any sleep tonight when it's almost time for me to go to bed.  

What's in the box??

Well so much for getting any sleep tonight when it's almost time for me to go to bed.  

What's in the box??

Ahhh he's outside her apartment and holding a box of stuff. The emotionsss. :icon_cry: The hell is in that box though?

Looks like carpet, or some kind of fabric...

For my two-cents'-worth... I'm wagering it's a box of her things from his apartment... standard break-up would mean he would return her things as she would his... but maybe there's a chance for discussion between Sheldon and Amy... and the beginning of a new understanding... and the phoenix of their relationship starts to emerge from the ashes.

Here's to hoping, anyway...

Mayim seems happy..hope this mean something good.....

In the box looks like some cotton cloth...good thing is not their stuff..like tea mug or things they left at apartment...

Ok it looks like a knitted blanket.  I can see the tassel ends on the far side of the box

Ohhh you're right. I was trying to make it out. It looked like papers or fabric folded, but you're right. It's a blanket. Ahh I don't know what to make of that.