The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Just now, lpm said:

Unfortunately, that is what I see in this group as well.  LOL!

It is what it is...and 99 percent of the time it's really fun.  So just buckle up for what is coming. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, sarah7 said:

If not as a true orientation, so called 'demisexuality' exists, at least as a situation that is real for some people, yes, there are people like that, who don't need sex for sex itself and that can be contented with or whithout it, or that maybe will be able to feel it for one or two persons in their entire life. It's, at least, a true part of the sexuality spectrum, perhaps a midway point between the asexual and sexual extremes.

Not to take this too far afield, but I understand Jenafan's question. I'm clearly showing my own ignorance here, but I would assume there are gay, straight and bisexual demisexuals, no? So to someone like myself who is new to the concept it would seem less a sexual orientation than a qualifier of degree, or a statement about necessary conditions for desire.  

Edited by Gbb
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gbb said:

Not to take this too far afield, but I understand Jenafan's question. I'm clearly showing my own ignorance here, but I would assume there are gay, straight and bisexual demisexuals, no? So to someone like myself who is new to the concept it would seem less a sexual orientation than a qualifier of degree, or a statement about necessary conditions for desire.  

Of course there are, it's a quite wide spectrum. Now, I'm not offended by anything she or you said, and I wouldn't dare to call demisexuality a separate orientation, the only thing that rubs me the wrong way a bit is the insinuation or affirmation that the situation doesn't really exists, and that people just call themselves like that because they want to feel "special" somehow when they are not (hipotetically speaking, I'm not saying or implying anyone here said so, ok?)

Now, if you want to read further information on asexuality and the grey-areas of sexuality, you can always take a look at AVEN's FAQ ;)

Edited by sarah7
  • Like 2

Wonder if we'll get a promo, preview, or promo pics for 9x10 tomorrow.  Whatever we get, I hope it doesn't give anything away.  For 9x11, since the producers and cast have already spilled the beans, presumably promotional materials will reflect the info that's already out there.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, tmp said:

Wonder if we'll get a promo, preview, or promo pics for 9x10 tomorrow.  Whatever we get, I hope it doesn't give anything away.  For 9x11, since the producers and cast have already spilled the beans, presumably promotional materials will reflect the info that's already out there.

Since the next new episode doesn't air in the US until Thursday, December 10th, I wouldn't expect to see anything until this coming Friday at the earliest, but I could be wrong.

I do expect CBS to sell the hell out of the next two episodes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lpm said:

Now, you guys really need to find another topic to talk about LOL!

Perhaps we should come up with a list of topics for when our discussions go off to the dark side. LOL.

12 hours ago, bluebird said:

I love this scene and the whole episode! I've always enjoyed the scenes between Shamy and Lenny. I hope that after Shamy is reunited we'll get some more scenes between these four. 

palssd.gif.d683988611504988c777d22242302palsd.gif.1b13ed7a7b0d970af9254ebe82fa91

paldg.gif.ad638d970b04a98f3f00715c4acb38pfsf.gif.88fc512912816baf516e5ee1360fbad

pals.gif.1afccf5c188dc7cf106740c8a2d19cd

palsw.gif.a03eb28dd5513a486aab5c80053263

absolutely agree, its been too long! these are the kinds of episodes that made the show so much FUN! 

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

Nope....this is how it works here....death by over-analysis...

Counselor Deanna Troi: Data - sometimes a cake is just a cake. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 4

Dumb question:  if I start counting tomorrow (Tuesday) as 1, the episode airs on the 10th day.  Do we say the episode is 9 days away or 10?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, tmp said:

Dumb question:  if I start counting tomorrow (Tuesday) as 1, the episode airs on the 10th day.  Do we say the episode is 9 days away or 10?

Hard question

hmm.gif

1 hour ago, tmp said:

Depends on if you count the actual day or not. I don't, so for me there will be 9 days left tomorrow.  That does not really shorten the time we have to wait, but it sounds better and thus it makes me feel better. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tmp said:

Well, you could count the minutes, then divide them by (24*60) and see if you come up with something nearer to 9 or 10, respectively.

And sorry, I couldn't resist... to quote Sheldon on vacation in Amy's lab: "How’s counting going? When I was in kindergarten, I recited pi to a thousand places for the school talent show. I think I got this." And then he started again with one, so don't worry, lol!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, shamour said:

Well, you could count the minutes, then divide them by (24*60) and see if you come up with something nearer to 9 or 10, respectively.

And sorry, I couldn't resist... to quote Sheldon on vacation in Amy's lab: "How’s counting going? When I was in kindergarten, I recited pi to a thousand places for the school talent show. I think I got this." And then he started again with one, so don't worry, lol!

LOL, good idea! By the time I'm done with counting the minutes and dividing them it will probably be 10th December anyway. :icon_wink:

So I'd rather do something I can do better and sing: Time goes by so slowly for those who wait... :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

Okay, so I actually think Mary likes Amy, she does mention her in her nightly prayers... (Ep 01x09).. and another topic I'd like to end my two cents to is Sheldon's sexuality. I think, and this is just my honest opinion, It's highly possible that he is heterosexual I mean, firstly, he's never really showed affection or desire for a man... and he did ask Raj and Howard to help him find a 'girlfriend' again. I can relate, I'm heterosexual, but I don't have the intense need to have sex with a guy. I don't even think about it, cos I'm busy with other things. Point is, sure, maybe he's asexual, or maybe he just doesn't think about sex 24/7... you get people like that.

• Like 1

Does anybody recall Amy mentioning Faisal, her "fiancé" in season 4? I have just rewatched that episode and now want him to make an appearance. Seeing how Sheldon will react is quite fascinating!

10 hours ago, overdosedcanary said:

Okay, one last attempt of changing topics from Sheldon's sexual orientation. What do you guys think about episode 12's plot line? Please reply. 

Probably the rest of the gang find out they slept together and maybe a group get together, it's about time they had one

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Faisal was a throw away line the writers now regret because they get a lot of questions about him.  And according to the writers, he will never be mentioned again and wish they hadn't brought him up in the first place.

latest?cb=20140919125210

giphy.gif

Reaction-GIF-Angry.gif?gs=a

tumblr_mi13vaKJzZ1s4fw9co1_500.gif

tumblr_ndh93jKebh1rbc9h1o1_400.gif

Friends-OkWhatever.gif

Aw, that is such a pity. Well, if that is the case then I think this is just another accidental comedic line like Sheldon's "I can't wait until your next birthday so we can do it again".

Edited by overdosedcanary
  • Like 2

I'm baffled as to why Fiasal seemed to have become such a fan favourite over the years with just a throwaway gag. lol

• Like 2