The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

3 minutes ago, April said:

I'm baffled as to why Fiasal seemed to have become such a fan favourite over the years with just a throwaway gag. lol

Considering the fact Amy before and during season 4 was a bit "quirky" like Sheldon, this Fiasal prince seems to be a perfectly unique person as well (quoting Mary Cooper) to have had an engagment with her.

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, MJistheBOMB said:

At this point, I can't even begin to think of what 9.12 will be about and it's driving me nuts thinking about it. LOL.

I just hope Shamy is not front and center too much (never thought I'd say that). I do want the other characters to acknowledge their big milestone at some point because it is a big deal. 

Other than that, they can make it about Raj and Emily or something. Raj needs some attention.

I absolutely agree with this! As I've already mentioned probably a thousand times, I think it's about time to recollect the thoughts and set a clear direction for this season in its entirety. Of course I'm eager to see how the Shamy arc progresses, but I feel like something is missing as far as the whole show is concerned ATM. I'm hopeful the writers will find the right balance soon and give us great episodes like they always manage to do somehow :)

7 hours ago, bluebird said:

Guys it's Monday, 9x10 airs next week! Next week!!

565c5f7bd0ef1_BigBangTheoryHappyDance.gi

Finally! The wait is almost over... Only ten days to go, guys!!! :dancer:

• Like 6

I'm not the only one constantly checking in case promo pics go up am I ?? ....... I know it's too early , but I'm ever hopeful :icon_cheesygrin: 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

I'm not the only one constantly checking in case promo pics go up am I ?? ....... I know it's too early , but I'm ever hopeful :icon_cheesygrin: 

Oh no Sue, you're definitely not alone... And I know the chances of there being kissing pics are slim but a girl can hope, can't she?.... IS IT DEC 10 YET?? *bites nails anxiously*

• Like 3

I don't think she was actually engaged to Fiasal at all.  Remember how she thought Leonard fell for her at the wedding in season 5?  She probably had a similar misunderstanding with Fiasal.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh that is delicious! I kind of want to meet Faisal now, just to see him being ordinarily polite, while Sheldon and Amy are all 'HANDS OFF, BUCKO!'

Faisal: Hello, Doctor Fowler. It has been a long time.

Amy (sotto voce to Sheldon): Did you hear that? He's been counting the days. (out loud to Faisal): yes, it has been a long time. Much has happened. I have A BOYFRIEND now. Meet MY BOYFRIEND DOCTOR SHELDON COOPER, Faisal.

Faisal (bewildered): .....Pleased to meet you, Doctor Cooper.

Sheldon (pugnaciously): You'd better believe it. (to Amy): My God, he's really not over you.

Faisal (gamely trying to continue the conversation): I saw your article in Neuron, Doctor Fowler. Very interesting.

Sheldon (drawing Amy closer to him): STOP STALKING MY WOMAN, YOU DOE-EYED LOTHARIO! SHE IS NOT FOR YOU!

Faisal: What?!?

Amy: It's no use, Faisal! What we had was a beautiful exchange of wealth for knowledge, but you knew that my heart would never belong to you!

Faisal:...........I never wanted your heart?

Amy: Classic denial.

Sheldon: It's pathetic, really. PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER, MAN.

Faisal (giving up): Well, anyway, I'm going to go stand over there.

(Sheldon and Amy watch him go).

Amy: Sad.

Sheldon: Tragic.

Amy: He'll never have what we have.

Sheldon: In the vernacular phrase, Doctor Fowler: DUH.

Wowbagger.... *takes deep breath and goes down on one knee*.... Will you marry me?

• Like 6

LMAO wow!! It was perfect! ! I love Shamy being arrogant like that so much!! Plus points for using "lothario"!!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, YlvaBorealis89 said:

Wowbagger.... *takes deep breath and goes down on one knee*.... Will you marry me?

Okay, YOU ALL SAW THAT. NO TAKE-BACKSIES.

*drops to both knees*

*fishes out a Matrimonial Agreement*

You might want to get your lawyer to look at this first, though.

(BTDubs, I've always loved the Dougie Adams signoff. As you might guess from my handle, I have a penchant for the man myself.)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Okay, YOU ALL SAW THAT. NO TAKE-BACKSIES.

*drops to both knees*

*fishes out a Matrimonial Agreement*

You might want to get your lawyer to look at this first, though.

(BTDubs, I've always loved the Dougie Adams signoff. As you might guess from my handle, I have a penchant for the man myself.)

The heart wants what the heart wants Wowbagger. As my taste lies elsewhere I must inform you that all physical contact, up to and including coitus, is off the table. Forever. Although I am willing to work something into that matrimonial agreement *picks up phone and calls her lawyer*.

(If you've ever read any of my fanfics you've probably noticed that my writing style is highly influenced by that of Dougie's :cool:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh that is delicious! I kind of want to meet Faisal now, just to see him being ordinarily polite, while Sheldon and Amy are all 'HANDS OFF, BUCKO!'

Amy (sotto voce to Sheldon): Did you hear that? He's been counting the days. (out loud to Faisal): yes, it has been a long time. Much has happened. I have A BOYFRIEND now. Meet MY BOYFRIEND DOCTOR SHELDON COOPER, Faisal.

Sheldon (pugnaciously): You'd better believe it. (to Amy): My God, he's really not over you.

Faisal (gamely trying to continue the conversation): I saw your article in Neuron, Doctor Fowler. Very interesting.

Sheldon (drawing Amy closer to him): STOP STALKING MY WOMAN, YOU DOE-EYED LOTHARIO! SHE IS NOT FOR YOU!

Amy: It's no use, Faisal! What we had was a beautiful exchange of wealth for knowledge, but you knew that my heart would never belong to you!

LMAO!!!!  Love it!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YlvaBorealis89 said:

The heart wants what the heart wants Wowbagger. As my taste lies elsewhere I must inform you that all physical contact, up to and including coitus, is off the table. Forever. Although I am willing to work something into that matrimonial agreement *picks up phone and calls her lawyer*.

(If you've ever read any of my fanfics you've probably noticed that my writing style is highly influenced by that of Dougie's :cool:

Dougie Adams AND no coitus? My God, the psychic was right!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Lionne said: In the early days of the fandom...

I feel like gathering around a camp fire and have Lionne tell some tales of the olden days of fandom while munching some s'mores. lol

17 minutes ago, Lionne said: The whole thing is odd, and I chalk it up more to a gap in the writers thinking. BUT, at Comic Con this year they said we would meet Amy's family. I was hoping that was what Dave was originally, but obviously that was wrong. Maybe an engagement will jumpstart us finding out more.

I try not to get my hopes up but I would love it so much if they gave us more on Amy's family background. Especially now when they're making some big strides with her and Sheldon. 9x03 had the sin closet and 9x09 gave us that bit about her planning to visit her aunt in Bakersfield while Sheldon is nodding along. Maybe that'll somehow come back later in the season - not specifically Amy's aunt in Bakersfield but Sheldon dealing with or learning something about her family in general.

17 minutes ago, Lionne said: Sheldon doesn't follow social convention because he likes it, but because he's a stickler for rules and doing things the "right" way. It'll be interesting to find out what aspects of getting married have rules he doesn't mind following or it's on following, and what he'll dig his heels in about not wanting to do whatsoever. 

Looking forward to that as well. I think we might be in for a few more surprises here.

17 minutes ago, Lionne said: In the long run, a lot of this revolves around the writers dragging things out with Shamy and not wanting to bite the bullet on some plot points. Or forgetting some of their plots entirely. (Tenure, anyone?) It's ridiculous that Amy and Sheldon have dated so long but haven't dealt with each other's families. All the other couples have gone through this - Bernie's father with Howard, or Penny's father with Leonard, Howard's mother with Bernie, and Beverly and Penny together - with short but effective scenes that tell us all we need to know about the family dynamics and, you know, EXISTENCE. 

But Mr. Fowler - if that is indeed his name! - is such an enigma that he becomes more of an enigma the more he fails to exist.

It really is the elephant in the room, isn't it? Even the interactions with each other's mothers were so early on in their relationship that I'd love to see how things have developed by now.

It could have been brought up off screen and dealt with. I would imagine she would have told Sheldon at some point. Perhaps it's a subject she doesn't like to talk about and the others respect her wishes. Who knows.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, wowbagger said:

I am coming to the stage where I am going to try to be spoiler free but I just had to sign in and say I liked this! :)  Good job!

1 minute ago, lpm said:

I am coming to the stage where I am going to try to be spoiler free but I just had to sign in and say I liked this! :)  Good job!

Don;t go spoiler free! Stay in the dark side!

....We have cookies.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Don;t go spoiler free! Stay in the dark side!

....We have cookies.

Oreos and, in a pinch, Nutter Butters.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gbb said:

Sorry to those who are tired of this discussion, but I've been following this conversation with great interest -- especially after some of the posturing subsided and real conversation started taking place. What can I say, my years of grad school trained me to be a sucker for a good intellectual debate. Or maybe my propensity for it is What led me there in the first place. But I digress. 

I'm new to the concept of  demisexuality, but if I'm reading ATOB correctly, primary desire for Amy would no longer be "primary desire," correct? Once his feelings for Amy become involved any desire on his part would be secondary? If that's the case then seeing signs of desire on Sheldon's part for Amy wouldn't necessarily mean you disagree. If I'm reading everyone correctly, ATOB sees those too?

Would primary desire mean only Sheldon wanting sex for the sake of sex, entirely outside his feelings for Amy? If that's the case, I doubt we'll ever see that. 

If I'm misunderstanding the definition of primary desire, please clue me in :)

"Sorry to those who are tired of this discussion"

You mean the people who drop in their 2 cents worth, then try to wrap it up by saying, 'right, I've spoken, end of, move on now, move on, nothing to see here' ;)

"I'm new to the concept of  demisexuality, but if I'm reading ATOB correctly, primary desire for Amy would no longer be "primary desire," correct?"

Substitute the word "desire" for "attraction".

Primary Attraction - fancying a good-looking stranger (present in sexuals)

Secondary Attraction - fancying someone you know well (present in sexuals and demisexuals)

"Once his feelings for Amy become involved any desire on his part would be secondary?"

Again, swap "desire" for "attraction". Only sexuals experience Primary Attraction. Demisexuals experience Secondary Attraction only. Asexuals experience neither.

"If that's the case then seeing signs of desire on Sheldon's part for Amy wouldn't necessarily mean you disagree. If I'm reading everyone correctly, ATOB sees those too?"

Yes, I do, in a Demisexual scenario. Eg. The way he involuntarily curled into the train kiss. His desire to continue kissing on the sofa on their five year anniversary etc. However, now I wonder if what this was was simply a reaction to physical stimulus? Hmmmm? Again, time will tell, who knows where tptb will take it.

"Would primary desire mean only Sheldon wanting sex for the sake of sex, entirely outside his feelings for Amy?"

Yes, it refers to having sex for your own enjoyment.

"If that's the case, I doubt we'll ever see that."

I think it's possible for him to want sex (if he's demisexual). Again, it depends which direction the writers take.

"If I'm misunderstanding the definition of primary desire, please clue me in :)"

No, you're right about Primary Desire. 

Primary Desire - wanting sex for your own enjoyment (present in sexuals and demisexuals)

Secondary Desire - wanting to have sex to give enjoyment (or for procreation) (present in sexuals, demisexuals and asexuals)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

Faisal was a throw away line the writers now regret because they get a lot of questions about him.  And according to the writers, he will never be mentioned again and wish they hadn't brought him up in the first place.

I don't care for throw away lines that break continuity, and I always try to use my imagination to come up with a means to reconcile with them.

Amy was charming Faisal for lab funding.   She said "technically, he's my fiancé" implying that maybe he thinks that and this is where she left things, when she had no interest in taking it further.

I'm sure the lack of her return to the Middle East and/or follow-through put an end to that.  

I just made it up in my mind to believe that whole situation somehow gotten taken care off screen.   

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ranger Rosa said:

A related topic to this one (Sheldon's sexuality): where he is at the Kinsey scale? Is he even at it or not?

Well, as he's only shown Attraction to Amy, one person, female, he'll be Heterosexual 0 I guess.