The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

2 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Correct we have not seen 9x11, nor did you see him when he had tho put Amy in the bath. For all we know he was totally pitching a tent!

Slight hint of attraction you say? ...

Like seeing his girlfriend all 'done up' for the first time, looking her up and down and freaking out cus he "really did think she looked pretty" 

tumblr_neql0iZ4RZ1sj94muo1_250.gif.2f17c

Or seeing her dressed as a sexy School Girl, again looking her over and gulping heavily?

tumblr_neql0iZ4RZ1sj94muo2_250.gif.240b2

Or grabbing her thigh and diving back in for another kiss on the sofa?

tumblr_no0r0hZ1av1qasxjlo1_500.gif.4ebf7

I would imagine that he was not turned on whilst bathing Sick!AmyTM as that is not a sexy situation at all but for all we know he totally checked her out! :icon_redface:

This is so hot...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ATOB said:

If you're genuinely interested try psychologists Gordon Allport, Stanley Milgram, Albert Bandura, Carl Rogers, Erik Erikson and Hans Eysenck.

Or this...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Understanding-Asexuality-Anthony-F-Bogaert/dp/1442201002

Which suggests he was dreading it. So, no primary desire there.  Also gives a different meaning to those gulp gifs.

That's right. Everyone. Asexuals too.

No it doesn't.   It could mean that he thought he would be indifferent or that he thought he would enjoy it but ended up really,  really enjoying it, more than he thought he would. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, jlove said:

The taping report said that his first words after sex were "I enjoyed that more than I thought I would."

There's different ways of taking that. If he was dreading or not looking forward to it because of his various issues vonmar mentioned above and he enjoyed more than he thought what does that mean? It seems he had low expectations going in so there seems to me more of an upside than a downside. if he enjoyed so much it would seem logical to want to do it again ASAP not a year later. I also agree with vonmar in regards to waiting to see the episode when it airs.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, anna said:

If he were dreading it, there's no way he would voluntarily suggest it all on his own and give up Star Wars to do it. He wouldn't have done everything he could to make it perfect for her. It comes first from his love for her, of course. He told penny and Bernadette he wants to show her how much she means to him. But the desire is there (and it kinda has to be for him to perform). For me the only way to take the "I enjoyed that more than I thought" line was that he went into it with fears (based on what he told proton, he was scared of ruining it) and also because he's literally spent his whole life thinking sex was stupid. 

He did this because he loves her and wants her in every way. Going into he may not have had high expectations, but there's no other way to take his behavior afterwards other than he enjoyed it. 

Sheldon was originally going to the Star Wars movie until Lenny suggested he should be spending the night with Amy for her birthday instead. He even argued he got the movie ticket when they were broken up. Then Sheldon asked Penny what he should give her for her birthday. what if Penny thought coitus was a bad idea?  When he decided on coitus Sheldon said he was giving her his genitals for her birthday, like it was a box of chocolate. Again I enjoyed it more than I thought was from low expectations. It's seems if he REALLY enjoyed it he would want to do it again as soon as possible.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

<snip>

PS: It's been two weeks since the last taping (omfg two weeks!) and I still don't know the name of the episode. Some people say "The Force Awakens", others say "The Opening Night Excitation". Which one of these is correct?

It's  "The Opening Night Excitation"

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

One of best things from all this was at the Spockumentary episode, when he admitted to himself that yes, he is human, yes, he has feelings and he can't keep denying it because otherwise he will hurt everybody he love but above all, hurt himself ("no paper cut has ever cut me this deep"), and once he accept himself as it, things will work out. Behold that I don't say that he has to become a sexual man, a crazy maniac, addicted to sex, no. The writers wouldn't do it, because it wouldn't match with the persona they created during this 9 years. He is still Sheldon, the weirdo, the guy with eidetic memory, the quirky, the one who has issues in understanding other people's emotions, and now the one who had sex with his girlfriend because a. he wanted to, b. he loves her, c. he wants to make her happy and that's a way to do so. Now I'm looking forward to see his behavior after the 9.11 events

PS: It's been two weeks since the last taping (omfg two weeks!) and I still don't know the name of the episode. Some people say "The Force Awakens", others say "The Opening Night Excitation". Which one of these is correct?

It's the Opening Night Excitation. :)

6 minutes ago, shamyyellow said:

If Sheldon said that he enjoyed it more than he thought he would, it means he thought he would enjoy it to a certain extent. Point blank. End of story. No argument left to be had. Of course it can be argued that the writers wrote the wrong line or they didn't mean for it to come out that way, but I hope something interesting happens soon so we can just... not.

9 years in, the writers had better not be writing the wrong line.  They table read on Wednesday and rehearse from Wednesday right up until taping on the following Tuesday, if they didn't mean for it to come out that way, Jim would have received notes as to what the writers intent was and he would have been directed to deliver the line in a specific manner.

13 minutes ago, shamyyellow said:

To say that if Sheldon really enjoyed it, he would want to do it again as soon as possible is asking to go around in another circle. If they wrote it like that, to many, he wouldn't be Sheldon anymore. The way they ended things gave those people reassurance that he wouldn't change completely, which is what I think they were trying to do. They did the same thing after the train kiss. He came home and shared that he kissed Amy (making it seem as though he liked it) but when Leonard pressed the issue, by this logic,did we found that he really didn't like it because when he said he needed additional data, he meant from other 9 fingered banjo players. He even tries to break up with her in the next episode. Somehow though, it ends up in the relationship agreement as something they do at the end of every date night and he has never once shown opposition or suggested it was just for her sake. Unlike hand-holding which was met with much opposition and suggesting that it was just for her sake. 

We can go in a few more circles, discussing the fact that Sheldon has never said he enjoyed kissing Amy, but that would lead to me asking everyone to recall all the times Sheldon has never admitted to, vocally recognized, or wrongfully denied his own feelings and that would take a very long time.

Sheldon listed his 3 favorite things about the train trip, kissing Amy was one of them.  When Leonard asked him to rank those things, he said he would have to gather more data....about all of them.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, kazzie said:

Sheldon was not dreading having sex with Amy. He acknowledged to Proton that it was a special night for both him and Amy. Sheldon wanted to make the night perfect and it was implied he put a lot of thought and preparation into it. When Penny asked if he was ready, He wasn't nervous or objective. He explained his issues with intimacy in the past but went onto say how he cared about Amy and intimacy was something he was ready for. (Or something along these lines.. I can't remember wait he said exactly)

The only thing concerning Sheldon was his fear of becoming overwhelmed and ruining everything. He admitted this to Arthur in one of his "dreams". Arthur asked him if he loves Amy to which Sheldon said yes. But he wasn't sure how to proceed. Arthur then starts to explain the "Birds and the Bee's" to Sheldon. But Sheldon stops him explaining he understand the mechanics. This is when he confesses his fear of becoming overwhelmed. Proton then pointed out to Sheldon that If she is the right girl for him, Then everything will be ok. This seemed to put Sheldon's mind at ease. He thanks Arthur. Arthur then points out to Sheldon that he is figuring this out in his sub-concious mind. 

We find out later in the episode that Sheldon also went to Penny again off screen to ask advise and for "pointers" on what to do. Penny said that Sheldon kept giggling when she was giving him these pointers.

And I'm going to also point out the kissing again. Because if he was dreading it, He wouldn't of kissed her in the way he did. When Amy planted the second kiss on him, She was stopping him mid sentence while he was suggesting finding a contract on the internet while he was trying to take his phone out of his pocket. She completely stopped him in his tracks. What does he do? He completely takes the kiss. He doesn't object, He stops reaching for his phone and just kisses her back with passion, bringing his arms up and around her. It sure looked like he was enjoying it... Just Sayin'.

And then there is the bed scene.. If Sheldon was dreading it. He would have been objective and would not have been so calm. His main focus here was on Amy. He was concerned when she was shaking and he consoled her and her nerves before the deed was done. "We will find out together".

After sex.. I will say again. Sheldon clearly liked it. Not only did he SAY he "Enjoyed it more then he thought he would" He also said "I can't wait until we do that again on your next birthday" The main line there being "I Cant wait until we do that again" The birthday line was just a throw away for comedy. Because you know, it is a comedy..

He Sheldon didn't enjoy it, He would have jumped straight out of bed into the shower, In a rush to get his clothes back on and he would of made a sarcastic comment. But he didn't. He was smiling, He looked accomplished, He had a ruffed up look, He allowed Amy to snuggle up to him while they were both still naked and he smiled while he moved his arms around her to hold her. The scene finishes with him resting his head on hers, Still with that smile and closing his eyes. 

In a nut shell, He wanted it, He wasn't dreading it and he REALLY enjoyed it.

I just got chills all over again! :wub::wub: Thank you, Kazzie. You know better than anybody here, and I trust all that you say!

Edited by anna
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, vonmar said:

9 years in, the writers had better not be writing the wrong line.  They table read on Wednesday and rehearse from Wednesday right up until taping on the following Tuesday, if they didn't mean for it to come out that way, Jim would have received notes as to what the writers intent was and he would have been directed to deliver the line in a specific manner.

Sheldon listed his 3 favorite things about the train trip, kissing Amy was one of them.  When Leonard asked him to rank those things, he said he would have to gather more data....about all of them.

I don't know who you're arguing with but I hope it's not me, because I wrote those things with everything you said in mind. I was just gearing for the backlash from those who want to argue the obvious.

"I Enjoyed that more then I thought I would" From what I got from that with the way he said it and body language. He was implying that he didn't realise that he would enjoy sex as much as he did. With his struggle with intimacy, This was the biggest step he could take in that respect. In the past, Sex to him would have been an un-desired activity. Now that he has actually worked on his intimacy issues and had sex, He was expecting it to be this enjoyable.

7 minutes ago, Gbb said:

Kazzie, I'm tempted to issue the thread's second marriage proposal, but I don't want to step on wowbagger's special day :)

Wait what did I miss? :shy:

Sorry I'm not in here as much as I would like to be! Work is pretty busy right now :/

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, shamyyellow said:

I don't know who you're arguing with but I hope it's not me, because I wrote those things with everything you said in mind. I was just gearing for the backlash from those who want to argue the obvious.

I wasn't arguing with anyone. I was making a comment about your comment about the writing.  Try not to worry about the backlash...it will come or it won't.  Don't lose any sleep over it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kazzie said:

Aww that was cute! I love forum antics! :D

Goodnight all x

This might be a super dumb question but I have to ask. :p since you saw the finished 9.10 episode, how much time total do you think Shamy are kissing, between the 3 kisses? 15 seconds? 20? I just can't wait 9 more days apparently lmao. xD 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

It's  "The Opening Night Excitation"

Yeah, I was gonna say the second title makes more sense because it has...*ahem*...a double meaning to it.

1 hour ago, boys3allc said:

From the only lady who matters cuz' she saw it! Can we please talk about something else? Let's just call Sheldon an Amysexual and be done with it!

Amysexual? Pure genius. LOL!

• Like 9