The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

1 minute ago, Tomasina said:

Maybe 8 seconds for the first,  then the second one I'd guess 6, still going when they cut to commercial,  still going when they come back from commercial,  and continuing uninterrupted for about a minute while Dave stands there making awkward yet enthusiastic one-sided conversation. They still have not come up for air when amy kicks the door shut in his face. If it were any other tv couple the implication would have been that they were about to have sex then and there, so the star wars sexy times episode doesn't seem that crazy to me.

My stomach feels funny :icon_redface:

• Like 9

Just now, Tomasina said:

Maybe 8 seconds for the first,  then the second one I'd guess 6, still going when they cut to commercial,  still going when they come back from commercial,  and continuing uninterrupted for about a minute while Dave stands there making awkward yet enthusiastic one-sided conversation. They still have not come up for air when amy kicks the door shut in his face. If it were any other tv couple the implication would have been that they were about to have sex then and there, so the star wars sexy times episode doesn't seem that crazy to me.

AHHHHH HALALADHDLHAHWHDLWJDLWKEIELALALDNFNALALWNFL

Thanks so much!! I was not expecting so long. I thought maybe 5-3-15ish. OMG 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kazzie said:

Sheldon was not dreading having sex with Amy. He acknowledged to Proton that it was a special night for both him and Amy. Sheldon wanted to make the night perfect and it was implied he put a lot of thought and preparation into it. When Penny asked if he was ready, He wasn't nervous or objective. He explained his issues with intimacy in the past but went onto say how he cared about Amy and intimacy was something he was ready for. (Or something along these lines.. I can't remember wait he said exactly)

The only thing concerning Sheldon was his fear of becoming overwhelmed and ruining everything. He admitted this to Arthur in one of his "dreams". Arthur asked him if he loves Amy to which Sheldon said yes. But he wasn't sure how to proceed. Arthur then starts to explain the "Birds and the Bee's" to Sheldon. But Sheldon stops him explaining he understand the mechanics. This is when he confesses his fear of becoming overwhelmed. Proton then pointed out to Sheldon that If she is the right girl for him, Then everything will be ok. This seemed to put Sheldon's mind at ease. He thanks Arthur. Arthur then points out to Sheldon that he is figuring this out in his sub-concious mind. 

We find out later in the episode that Sheldon also went to Penny again off screen to ask advise and for "pointers" on what to do. Penny said that Sheldon kept giggling when she was giving him these pointers.

And I'm going to also point out the kissing again. Because if he was dreading it, He wouldn't of kissed her in the way he did. When Amy planted the second kiss on him, She was stopping him mid sentence while he was suggesting finding a contract on the internet while he was trying to take his phone out of his pocket. She completely stopped him in his tracks. What does he do? He completely takes the kiss. He doesn't object, He stops reaching for his phone and just kisses her back with passion, bringing his arms up and around her. It sure looked like he was enjoying it... Just Sayin'.

And then there is the bed scene.. If Sheldon was dreading it. He would have been objective and would not have been so calm. His main focus here was on Amy. He was concerned when she was shaking and he consoled her and her nerves before the deed was done. "We will find out together".

After sex.. I will say again. Sheldon clearly liked it. Not only did he SAY he "Enjoyed it more then he thought he would" He also said "I can't wait until we do that again on your next birthday" The main line there being "I Cant wait until we do that again" The birthday line was just a throw away for comedy. Because you know, it is a comedy..

He Sheldon didn't enjoy it, He would have jumped straight out of bed into the shower, In a rush to get his clothes back on and he would of made a sarcastic comment. But he didn't. He was smiling, He looked accomplished, He had a ruffed up look, He allowed Amy to snuggle up to him while they were both still naked and he smiled while he moved his arms around her to hold her. The scene finishes with him resting his head on hers, Still with that smile and closing his eyes. 

In a nut shell, He wanted it, He wasn't dreading it and he REALLY enjoyed it.

Well that's me going to have a big grin on my face again all day today , this is so amazing , each time you describe what all you saw Kazzie , it gives me goose bumps :)

You're the best - thank you x

45 minutes ago, Tomasina said:

OMG !!!!!! Suddenly I've come over all flustered :icon_redface: 

Thank you - for anyone who needs me I'll be floating along today !

28 minutes ago, Tomasina said:

Hands above the waist but full body contact and passionate.  It was not "how mommies and daddies kiss". To quote one of my favorite movies:

-maybe that's his wife. 

-no married man kisses his wife like that! 

Oh wow, is it the 10th yet ??!!!!!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, kazzie said:

Sheldon was not dreading having sex with Amy. He acknowledged to Proton that it was a special night for both him and Amy. Sheldon wanted to make the night perfect and it was implied he put a lot of thought and preparation into it. When Penny asked if he was ready, He wasn't nervous or objective. He explained his issues with intimacy in the past but went onto say how he cared about Amy and intimacy was something he was ready for. (Or something along these lines.. I can't remember wait he said exactly)

The only thing concerning Sheldon was his fear of becoming overwhelmed and ruining everything. He admitted this to Arthur in one of his "dreams". Arthur asked him if he loves Amy to which Sheldon said yes. But he wasn't sure how to proceed. Arthur then starts to explain the "Birds and the Bee's" to Sheldon. But Sheldon stops him explaining he understand the mechanics. This is when he confesses his fear of becoming overwhelmed. Proton then pointed out to Sheldon that If she is the right girl for him, Then everything will be ok. This seemed to put Sheldon's mind at ease. He thanks Arthur. Arthur then points out to Sheldon that he is figuring this out in his sub-concious mind. 

We find out later in the episode that Sheldon also went to Penny again off screen to ask advise and for "pointers" on what to do. Penny said that Sheldon kept giggling when she was giving him these pointers.

And I'm going to also point out the kissing again. Because if he was dreading it, He wouldn't of kissed her in the way he did. When Amy planted the second kiss on him, She was stopping him mid sentence while he was suggesting finding a contract on the internet while he was trying to take his phone out of his pocket. She completely stopped him in his tracks. What does he do? He completely takes the kiss. He doesn't object, He stops reaching for his phone and just kisses her back with passion, bringing his arms up and around her. It sure looked like he was enjoying it... Just Sayin'.

And then there is the bed scene.. If Sheldon was dreading it. He would have been objective and would not have been so calm. His main focus here was on Amy. He was concerned when she was shaking and he consoled her and her nerves before the deed was done. "We will find out together".

After sex.. I will say again. Sheldon clearly liked it. Not only did he SAY he "Enjoyed it more then he thought he would" He also said "I can't wait until we do that again on your next birthday" The main line there being "I Cant wait until we do that again" The birthday line was just a throw away for comedy. Because you know, it is a comedy..

He Sheldon didn't enjoy it, He would have jumped straight out of bed into the shower, In a rush to get his clothes back on and he would of made a sarcastic comment. But he didn't. He was smiling, He looked accomplished, He had a ruffed up look, He allowed Amy to snuggle up to him while they were both still naked and he smiled while he moved his arms around her to hold her. The scene finishes with him resting his head on hers, Still with that smile and closing his eyes. 

OMG, that is amazing Kazzie. So excited!!

Anyway, I have just come across this fan fiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9671946/12/The-Proposal-Reaction

This consists of the best Shamy proposal ever!

Edited by overdosedcanary
  • Like 1

Aaaand the stupid grin is back.. Thank you so much once again Kazzie, you rule!! I want to print and frame this post. This is really all I need, he wanted it and enjoeyd it. Simple as that (for me).

I was going to ask if it's December yet, but then realized IT IS! 10 days people..

3 hours ago, boys3allc said:

From the only lady who matters cuz' she saw it! Can we please talk about something else? Let's just call Sheldon an Amysexual and be done with it!

Haha Amysexual, I'll take that! 

• Like 5

"I Enjoyed that more then I thought I would" From what I got from that with the way he said it and body language. He was implying that he didn't realise that he would enjoy sex as much as he did. With his struggle with intimacy, This was the biggest step he could take in that respect. In the past, Sex to him would have been an un-desired activity. Now that he has actually worked on his intimacy issues and had sex, He was expecting it to be this enjoyable.

Yep, we shouldn't underestimate the way the meaning of a statement can change by the way it is said and by body language. As we all know there is a reason why emojis were invented. A little example: About 2 weeks ago there was a rumour in the press (at least here in Germany) that Kaley had been 'bullied' on the set by the director and her collegues. The article was pretty serious and I was completely shocked and could not believe what I read. They showed the picture below and quoted Kaley: "Work. Icing my swollen eyes while @therealjimparsons glares at me and our director flips me off."

Unfortunately they forgot something in that quote, the complete version was: "Work. Icing my swollen eyes while @therealjimparsons glares at me and our director flips me off. :icon_cheesygrin:"

After I read the original quote I burst out laughing. One simple emoji changed the meaning completely.

Now if a thing like this :icon_cheesygrin: can change our perception, just imagine how much more emotion we will get when we actually see Jim and Mayim in this scene. And Kazzie - who has seen it! -  confirmed this several times. So relax people, it will be perfect! 

:danced:

funatwork.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, kazzie said:

Thank you Kazzie. 

I'd love to know what pointers Penny gave him to cause the giggling :wink:

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Gbb said:

I don't think it suggests anything about dread at all, only that he wasn't sure how much he would enjoy it. Understandable given his issues with physical intimacy and germ-phobia and the fact that it was his first time.

I'm an introvert. I have issues sometimes with too many people gathered in one place at one time, all sucking my energy at once. I'm often unsure how much I'm going to enjoy a gathering I'm planning to attend, but it's not because I dread going. It's because I know I have some issues that might affect my ability to relax and enjoy myself.

Like Sheldon, I often have more fun that I expected to ;)

I can highly relate to that! I totally understand what you're saying.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ATOB said:

If you're genuinely interested try psychologists Gordon Allport, Stanley Milgram, Albert Bandura, Carl Rogers, Erik Erikson and Hans Eysenck.

Or this...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Understanding-Asexuality-Anthony-F-Bogaert/dp/1442201002

Well, I am genuinely interested but all you've given me here is a list of gentlemen who never wrote about asexuality, yet alone that specific model we were talking about, and a book with mixed reviews, that people identifying as asexual are criticising for not properly capturing their experience while only providing very few to no new insights into the topic. I would hope that at some point in the future there's more research that'll provide a better foundation for a discussion on the "primary vs. secondary sexual attraction model" but for now there seems to be not much to go by. I have no problem if someone deems it useful to figure out their own identity but for the time being I shall remain sceptical towards its general applicability.

• Like 5

is it just me or is Sheldon looking good in this episode? he seems so mature sitting on the couch talking to 'his friend, Amy'. 

and here too... 

https://youtu.be/PhR04rGfQhE

boy are we in for some mature stuff from these two in 9 more days!!!!

Edited by kelliluvtbbt
  • Like 9

10 hours ago, kazzie said:

8 hours ago, Tomasina said:

8 hours ago, Tomasina said:

Hands above the waist but full body contact and passionate.  It was not "how mommies and daddies kiss". To quote one of my favorite movies:

-maybe that's his wife. 

-no married man kisses his wife like that! 

Aww, I'm feeling things...

tumblr_menaj9TQoD1qc8jh0o6_250.gif.5d551         beautiful.thumb.gif.5fbf52e0dd2194e91168

tumblr_nuvw5ckn3H1qhub34o1_500.gif.f281b     PDdGY.gif.5ce459ff6dc53b3b411c892f1037a9

Thank you, guys! You're wasting your time and energy to write down such amazing posts... And only to make things any clearer to us! What would we do without you? :wub: :kiss:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, jenafan said:

So the conclusion to the proper description for Sheldon's sexual orientation is that he is HeteroAmySexual.   

Sheldon's discovery and enjoyment of sex started with Amy, it will grow with Amy, and it will end with Amy.

We finally have our answer.   Enough said, I'm done on this topic. 

YES, YES, YES TO ALL!!!

WOO HOO!!! 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Radar said:

Yep, we shouldn't underestimate the way the meaning of a statement can change by the way it is said and by body language. As we all know there is a reason why emojis were invented. A little example: About 2 weeks ago there was a rumour in the press (at least here in Germany) that Kaley had been 'bullied' on the set by the director and her collegues. The article was pretty serious and I was completely shocked and could not believe what I read. They showed the picture below and quoted Kaley: "Work. Icing my swollen eyes while @therealjimparsons glares at me and our director flips me off."

Unfortunately they forgot something in that quote, the complete version was: "Work. Icing my swollen eyes while @therealjimparsons glares at me and our director flips me off. :icon_cheesygrin:"

After I read the original quote I burst out laughing. One simple emoji changed the meaning completely.

Now if a thing like this :icon_cheesygrin: can change our perception, just imagine how much more emotion we will get when we actually see Jim and Mayim in this scene. And Kazzie - who has seen it! -  confirmed this several times. So relax people, it will be perfect! 

:danced:

funatwork.jpg

LOL!!!! I had never seen this pic before. 

Their sense of humor on set is hilarious. Shows how close they all are. I noticed that at recent tapings, when Mark is introduced, everyone on set, "Booooo!"s him. Haha.

• Like 1

Still, the story "is so well done," she adds; perhaps, too well done, as one woman in the audience on tape night almost lost her mind.

I have a feeling I know who this one woman is.  :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 7

2 hours ago, jenafan said:

So the conclusion to the proper description for Sheldon's sexual orientation is that he is HeteroAmySexual.   

Sheldon's discovery and enjoyment of sex started with Amy, it will grow with Amy, and it will end with Amy.

We finally have our answer.   Enough said, I'm done on this topic. 

To quote Lenny Kravitz: "it ain't over til it it's over (this topic)" LMAO.

Honestly, how we got so deep in the hole of this discussion when Sheldon was already labeled heterosexual in the pilot episode is beyond me. LOL. Oh well...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gbb said:

My two favorite bits from the Glamour interview:

Mayim: We found out the night before we did the table reading, just like always. We get the script during the taping of the previous episode, and I never read the scripts [that night]. I always wait until the next morning right before we sit down at the table and I go over them. This one time, I started reading, and I passed Jim [Parsons] in the hallway and I said, “Did you read the script yet?!” He said, “No. Do we do it?” and I said, “YES!” He was like, “What?!” He just threw it out there as a joke. We couldn’t believe it.

Loved that bit, too! omg I'm dying to hear his version of the story!

• Like 8