Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, April said:

Well, I am genuinely interested but all you've given me here is a list of gentlemen who never wrote about asexuality, yet alone that specific model we were talking about, and a book with mixed reviews, that people identifying as asexual are criticising for not properly capturing their experience while only providing very few to no new insights into the topic. I would hope that at some point in the future there's more research that'll provide a better foundation for a discussion on the "primary vs. secondary sexual attraction model" but for now there seems to be not much to go by. I have no problem if someone deems it useful to figure out their own identity but for the time being I shall remain sceptical towards its general applicability.

Cause that's how it works isn't it.  You google Gordon Allport followed by the word asexual and then if nothing pops up then that means he didn't research the subject?

Sorry, to borrow a phrase from you but "LMAO"!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ATOB said:

Cause that's how it works isn't it.  You google Gordon Allport followed by the word asexual and then if nothing pops up then that means he didn't research the subject?

Sorry, to borrow a phrase from you but "LMAO"!

Actually no, I looked into his bibliography and had a quick glance at his theories and nothing caught my eye. Especially nothing that seems to be linked to that specific topic we were talking about. But if there's anything specific you want to recommend, I'm all ears! I assume you know how to properly cite sources?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, MJistheBOMB said:

 

Amysexual? Pure genius. LOL!

I'm glad you think so!  I was rather pleased with it myself when I thought of it a year ago..........

You're too kind.....

ATOB

Sesquipedalian Shamy

Members

 2,126

1,821 posts

Posted 10 Nov 2014

Agreed Tensor.  There was no-one that he was sexually attracted to before Amy, if she hadn't have come along then we'd still be wondering along with Penny "What's Sheldon's deal?"

Now we know, Sheldon's deal is 'Amy'.  He's Amysexual. 

amethyst, Tensor, Lionne and 2 others like this

2 minutes ago, April said:

Actually no, I looked into his bibliography and had a quick glance at his theories and nothing caught my eye. Especially nothing that seems to be linked to that specific topic we were talking about. But if there's anything specific you want to recommend, I'm all ears! I assume you know how to properly cite sources?

You mean you googled him, yes?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ATOB said:

You mean you googled him, yes?

You mean you don't have any proper sources to back up your claims? Like seriously, how hard is it to name the title of a book or an essay? If you're so well versed on the topic that shouldn't be an issue. I'm really interested in this topic but you seem to prefer playing childish games here.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, April said:

You mean you don't have any proper sources to back up your claims?

LMAO

Like seriously, how hard is it to name the title of a book or an essay? If you're so well versed on the topic that shouldn't be an issue.

Nah, it's easy peasy, lemon  squeezy. But this is fun...

I'm really interested in this topic but you seem to prefer playing childish games here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XCVnV5CGh0

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Amy's dress and cardigan in the pic so much. It makes me want to hug her and smell her. Lol I'm getting creepy sorry...

Anyway I can't stop smiling imagining her wearing these and kissing Sheldon in a way much like their first kiss! Ahhhhhhh the feels.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah,  I'm pretty sure the "Amysexual" thing had been around for a while.   Like years.  I'm sure it's hard to pin point exactly who first said it in this fandom. 

58 minutes ago, ATOB said:

I'm glad you think so!  I was rather pleased with it myself when I thought of it a year ago..........

You're too kind.....

ATOB

Sesquipedalian Shamy

Members

 2,126

1,821 posts

Posted 10 Nov 2014

Agreed Tensor.  There was no-one that he was sexually attracted to before Amy, if she hadn't have come along then we'd still be wondering along with Penny "What's Sheldon's deal?"

Now we know, Sheldon's deal is 'Amy'.  He's Amysexual. 

amethyst, Tensor, Lionne and 2 others like this

You mean you googled him, yes?

 

Doesn't this contradict your current position that Sheldon isn't sexually attracted Amy?

Edited by nickelette424
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

My new Mac wallpaper: 

SHAMY.jpg.98a29d01d871c330bfbc37af9c5a26

 

I'm gonna have to take a day or two off work when all the promo pics and screen caps from 9x10/11 hit the web! :blind:

 

please...several weeks before and after these episodes... give me time to enjoy this, you, ruthless exams! LOL they will not make concessions so easily... damn it LOL

Edited by AlFisher
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, stardustmelody said:

Good point, and sort of what I was trying to get at...I agree that it has to be very unnerving in front of a live audience.  I was surprised they didn't pre-tape it as well.   That very well could be what he was talking about. :girlwink:

 

But they said it was on one of the swing sets and only on the monitors for the audience, right?  So they didn't actually see them get into/out of bed in the "after" scene and stuff, right?  So now pre-taped, but not totally the regular "live" experience either, right?

5 hours ago, notchinc said:

If I were there, I would have rushed the set as the end of a basketball game.  That would be awesome!

Would have taken a piece of the goal post....

Headboard?

4 hours ago, Soopysue said:

Guys Instagram bigbangtheory_cast . Promo pic , but I think from 9 11 ?!!!

Eeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! Sooooooooooooo cute!  DYING!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...