Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

1 hour ago, Amy Fowler said:

just gonna leave this here...

giphy.gif

You f'in sped it up!!!!  PERFECT!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Yes, and all of this before seeing any promos or sneek peaks for episode 9.10.   Christmas comes early for the Shamys!

Oh yes indeed! Those promos will probably be released this week also. Plus that video, it's almost too much! 

How is it possible that I've already run out of likes?? 

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

The hype machine is in full swing! 

Yeah, of course. I think -no, I'm sure- they will focus more at 9.11. More publicity to the big episode. And people will be catch by surprise next week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

Ok, I recovered a little bit from the video and now I'm thinking why CBS is releasing the promotional material from the episode that airs in two weeks right now. What about 9x10? No promo pictures, no synopsis? I'm not complaining, I'm just curious.

I was wondering the same...but i guess 9.10 will "sell" by itself, since everybody will be eager to know how it happened that Sheldon changed his mind about "friendship" so quickly. From those few clips and interviews it is obvious even for the unspoiled that  in 9.10 they should have reconciled somehow, it is  not the spur of the moment or a friends with benefits kind of situation...I think they will make some interview  about 9.10 during this week, maybe a post on Groknation, but they are trying to sell the hell out of 9.11 mostly. Stay prepared for more clips\interviews next week, IMHO...

8 minutes ago, jenafan said:

At .07 / .08  seconds, doesn't Sheldon look almost petrified, or is that just me?

Do you mean when Amy gets closer? He looked surprised and a little scared to me, at that point likely he didn't know that Amy already knew, so maybe he didn't expected her to "have a move"...He seems nervous, anyway, not freaking out, but nervous as it is natural in such occasion, maybe it's just that.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, jenafan said:

At .07 / .08  seconds, doesn't Sheldon look almost petrified, or is that just me?

Looks like he leaned in to meet her just before they kissed :girlinlove:

2 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I was wondering the same...but i guess 9.10 will "sell" by itself, since everybody will be eager to know how it happened that Sheldon changed his mind about "friendship" so quickly. From those few clips and interviews it is obvious even for the unspoiled that  in 9.10 they should have reconciled somehow, it is  not the spur of the moment or a friends with benefits kind of situation...I think they will make some interview  about 9.10 during this week, maybe a post on Groknation, but they are trying to sell the hell out of 9.11 mostly. Stay prepared for more clips\interviews next week, IMHO...

Do you mean when Amy gets closer? He looked surprised and a little scared to me, at that point likely he didn't know that Amy already knew, so maybe he didn't expected her to "have a move"...He seems nervous, anyway, not freaking out, but nervous as it is natural in such occasion, maybe it's just that.

And remember, he wants to get the consent form signed.  He wasn't expecting things to progress so quickly.  That could throw him for a loop.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Yes, and all of this before seeing any promos or sneek peaks for episode 9.10.   Christmas comes early for the Shamys!

I think it's just because they haven't had any new episodes for awhile and won't again until 12/10.  Start a feeding frenzy, get fans excited all over again.

They've dropped the press release for the next episode so I would expect to see the promo photos for that episode to be released next.  After that episode airs we will probably see a full on blitz for the 12/17 episode.

TBBT's PR people are old pros at this, nothing they do happens by accident.  It's all crafted.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, cutiepie said:

anyone else noticed this?

modeltrain.jpg.a8f0d048a37b295f6ac0e206d

Not until now.   Thank you.   So, that's what Dave saw.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I need to stay away from the forums more often.   :icon_biggrin:    Work has gotten so busy where I don't have time to be on during the day now, and I've been spending the evenings finishing up my last FF story.

I know something happened when I had been gone all day, and the forum moved over five ages.   I am so excited we got two great interviews and this wonderful picture of Sheldon giving Amy flowers.  He's smiling.  He's dressed up in date night clothes.     Amy is holding his hand.  

I'm melting over here.

On the flowers, it looks like some of them may be gerbera, part of the daisy family.   Their meaning includes purity and innocence.    The colors choices  are also symbolic.   Orange:  happiness and adventure; Pink:  innocence, playfulness, and sensitivity; (I think there is some yellow):  friendship, trust, compassion, and respect.

Just like he gave his mom the yellow roses, in honor of her Texas heritage.    He intentionally selected them.    Damn!   When he decides to do something, he does it right!

Unless I've been taught to read these cues incorrectly, this certainly does not look like a man who is apprehensive about what's to come (pun not intended, but just go with it okay.)   There's eye coitus...   He does desire her, and no one can convince me otherwise.  

Evidence I have seen to show this is as follows:

1. The look he gave Leonard at prom when he was accused of not having hormones
  2. His panic attack (if he didn't desire Amy, why  kick her out of his bedroom when she had been in there before for D&D virtual sex?)
  3. Anyway.... leans in for more
  4. Clearly upset at Good bye kissy face, hello yelly face
  5. Men can go on indefinitely, but your eggs have a sell-by date
  6. We're not friends with benefits
  7. FWF baby reference
  8. Right hand reference
  9. I don't see anyone else waiting in line to invade your southern borders
  10. Sheldon had encouraged Amy to have sex with Zack so they could retain their friendship.    Now Sheldon wants to know if she has had coitus with other men and actual looks angry that the answer might be yes.   Why would he care?   If she had, it would be a means to get him off the hook of ever contemplating coitus with her.   It's because he wants her.     Sheldon has taken the initiative to mention these things on his own, with no prodding at all from Amy to do so.   

He told the guys he would not coitus Vanessa with their genitals, shutting that idea down immediately.   With Amy however, he's pretended to have sex to get her mother off her back, to experiment with their friends, to fool Kripke, and to find closure in a D&D game.   He's never told Amy never.   He's referred to coitus with Amy as "not having ruled it out" or a "possibility."   It seems he's always been somewhat open to the idea of coitus with her, eventually.  

He's doing this for her, yes, but he's also doing it for himself because it's what he wants.    He's simply come to conclusion that Amy's birthday is the perfect opportunity to bridge the distance between his fear of being overwhelmed and giving into that desire, while at the same time showing Amy how much she means to him.     

For five years, Amy has waited patiently while he has neglected her in favor of being hyper-focused on his work and selfish pursuits.    Sheldon does not like being in the deficit when it comes to gift-giving.    This is his chance to balance it out by giving her everything she has asked for from him in one night, while at the same time not having to admit to a "physical weakness" he has always said was stupid and too evolved for.   Of course he's going to imply he's doing it all for Amy because he thinks it keeps others from being able to see his vulnerability.   

Denial is one of the things Sheldon is best at.    He denied jealousy.  He denied having a girlfriend.   He denied his feelings regarding the break up.   Why would he not also deny his physical desire for her?   The denial always catches up to him.  He eventually succeeds at getting what's he really wanted all along, but was too afraid to go after.  Unfortunately, he has to suffer a few of those deep paper cuts along the way, because in his attempts to protect himself from vulnerability, he becomes his own worst enemy.   

Sheldon knows now that he wants all the things that go into a relationship, not for the sake of having them, but because he will have these things with Amy.   Sheldon has referred to Amy as his weakness ("Leonard, what has that woman done to me?"), when in fact she has been the source of his triumph.  She's helping him become the man he told her he wanted to be, and it's happening right before our eyes.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid I will go blind from over-indulgence in reading, seeing, and viewing all this Shamy goodness.  

I wonder how many pages the forum has moved in the time it took me to write this essay?  

Can you please write for the show?? <3

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Is it the model train mentioned in 9.10?

I guess it is! Awww, the sweetness :wub: can't wait for 9x10!!!

12 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Well...Sheldon makes seldom presents, but when he does...they are big!!! (Yes, pun intended!!!!)

Indeed! ROFLOL :rofl:

tumblr_nsgmjwT6aT1rhtuyzo1_500.gif.4ed47

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

wouldn't it be cute if that was the Napa train they kissed on? :wub:

thats what I think it was :wub:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Is it the model train mentioned in 9.10? Well...Sheldon seldom makes presents, but when he does...they are big!!! (Yes, pun intended!!!!)

Will you please stop referencing that infernal gif?!:icon_wink:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I read the TR thinking Sheldon was calm the whole time.  I'm glad they are showing that it's normal to be nervous, and the way he threw his hand up to stop her from moving in because of that nervousness, filled me with giddy.   I, too, think the contract was totally Sheldon, but also a stall tactic.    He isn't nervous because he doesn't want it.   He just doesn't know what to expect.  

I like seeing that Amy is going after what she wants, which I don't think she would have done if Penny and Bernadette hadn't given her a clue.   Rewind to their Anniversary.   He was interrupting again.   Instead of getting angry, she continues to smile, and  I just love the way she grabs onto him and clings to his shoulder, pulling him into her, like she never wants to let go.   She's not pouncing on him because she wants sex, she's expressing how much she loves him.  OMG!   I've never seen her smile like that or look more beautiful!

I've seen several folks, since the taping report, refer to the "contract" Sheldon mentions as being "a very Sheldon thing" or, in worse cases, as example of how he can't do without something like the RA, etc.  I don't think it has anything to do with either, actually.

Maybe folks outside the US don't know about the whole major consent movement going on in at least the US right now, especially on college campuses.  Many people believe that the rate of sexual assault has risen astronomically (whether or not it's true is up for debate as their are many arguments to be made on both sides and I'm not trying to start a debate on that fact).  Lots of people/groups/whatever are discussing how to handle this concern.  One actual way that people are being encouraged to make SURE that both parties consent before sex is to have a written contract that specifies exactly what activities both partners agree are ok.

I think what the writers may be showing here is that Sheldon has been researching sex, having sex for the first time, things to think about before having sex, being prepared for sex, etc. and in that reading, if one were to start right now with no background, something he'd likely find is advice about making sure you have consent (and very specific consent about allowed activities).  The websites he might have been looking at, probably largely focused towards young people like college students, would probably hammer consent pretty hard and provide sample consent agreements to download.  I REALLY think him stopping her before the kiss isn't nerves or stalling, but because he's read that you should not do it before you have a signed form.

Just thought some foks might not know that, and thought it was a different perspective.  Of course I don't KNOW that's what he's talking about, but feel pretty good about my assumptions.

Edited by jlove
  • Like 9

40 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

Ok, I recovered a little bit from the video and now I'm thinking why CBS is releasing the promotional material from the episode that airs in two weeks right now. What about 9x10? No promo pictures, no synopsis? I'm not complaining, I'm just curious.

my (long) take on this is that this news is to lure back in even the most casual viewers - people like me who before this season watched reruns on tbs and never really religiously watched TBBT but wondered "what happened with Leonard and Penny - are they married yet?" or "do Sheldon and Amy ever finally hook up?" Even a Shamy breakup and makeup wouldn't be huge news for people who watch random episodes because they'll think, "it's a sitcom, of course the couples will be off and on" but SHAMY COITUS AFTER 5 AND 1/2 YEARS is a headline that made even my friend who hasn't watched since season 6 say "ARE YOU SERIOUS??" I literally just got into the fandom this season - I was sick on the couch for one week and decided to binge watch TBBT since (like my friend) I hadn't watched since Howard just got back from space... and as the episodes went on I started shipping shamy more and more to the point where I got so impatient that I googled "are Sheldon and Amy married?" because I figured 3 seasons later they must be, right?! but I saw that in 8.24 they had an emotional cliffhanger and in 9.1 they officially broke up and after screaming "WHAT?!" I forged on through the episodes and got caught up right about 9.2... because I WOULD start shipping a couple during their breakup... lol. I was shocked to find that after all those years of not watching, the writers were still keeping shamy fans on the edge of their seats! (I don't know how some of you forum vets did it!!!) So if I hadn't caught up earlier this season to see where Shamy is, THIS would absolutely have drawn me in! The 9.11 promos over 9.10 is for people who like the show but aren't nearly as invested as we are, and who haven't watched in awhile but might be curious to catch up now that #coitusiscoming for real ;) 

(sorry I ramble!)

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Is it the model train mentioned in 9.10? Well...Sheldon seldom makes presents, but when he does...they are big!!! (Yes, pun intended!!!!)

So he made up for his nastiness in the beginning of the Napa trip by kissing her and then giving her something to remember the moment by.   That would be sweet if that were the case.   He could have kept it for himself.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, jlove said:

I've seen several folks, since the taping report, refer to the "contract" Sheldon mentions as being "a very Sheldon thing" or, in worse cases, as example of how he can't do without something like the RA, etc.  I don't think it has anything to do with either, actually.

Maybe folks outside the US don't know about the whole major consent movement going on in at least the US right now, especially on college campuses.  Many people believe that the rate of sexual assault has risen astronomically (whether or not it's true is up for debate as their are many arguments to be made on both sides and I'm not trying to start a debate on that fact).  Lots of people/groups/whatever are discussing how to handle this concern.  One actual way that people are being encouraged to make SURE that both parties consent before sex is to have a written contract that specifies exactly what activities both partners agree are ok.

I think what the writers may be showing here is that Sheldon has been researching sex, having sex for the first time, things to think about before having sex, being prepared for sex, etc. and in that reading, if one were to start right now with no background, something he'd likely find is advice about making sure you have consent (and very specific consent about allowed activities).  The websites he might have been looking at, probably largely focused towards young people like college students, would probably hammer consent pretty hard and provide sample consent agreements to download.

Just thought some foks might not know that, and thought it was a different perspective.  Of course I don't KNOW that's what he's talking about, but feel pretty good about my assumptions.

^ THISSSSSS! 

and I love your new icon! <3

1 hour ago, Ranger Rosa said:

The press release for 9.10 is up in the production journal and was posted in the Discussion spoilers thread, but linking here.

• Like 1

I wasn't over the flowers pic and then they dropped the ET vid :icon_eek:

kiss.jpg

Edited to add - I just noticed it's pretty much in the same place/way that Amy first kissed Sheldon! Like in my profile epic! 

Edited by Einstein Von Brainstorm
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

Can you please write for the show?? <3

Thank you.  

Is this in reference to my FF or what I put in my essays?   Just curious.   It is not as easy for me as I make it seem, trust me.   

1 hour ago, jenafan said:

I need to stay away from the forums more often.   :icon_biggrin:    Work has gotten so busy where I don't have time to be on during the day now, and I've been spending the evenings finishing up my last FF story.

I know something happened when I had been gone all day, and the forum moved over five ages.   I am so excited we got two great interviews and this wonderful picture of Sheldon giving Amy flowers.  He's smiling.  He's dressed up in date night clothes.     Amy is holding his hand.  

I'm melting over here.

On the flowers, it looks like some of them may be gerbera, part of the daisy family.   Their meaning includes purity and innocence.    The colors choices  are also symbolic.   Orange:  happiness and adventure; Pink:  innocence, playfulness, and sensitivity; (I think there is some yellow):  friendship, trust, compassion, and respect.

Just like he gave his mom the yellow roses, in honor of her Texas heritage.    He intentionally selected them.    Damn!   When he decides to do something, he does it right!

Unless I've been taught to read these cues incorrectly, this certainly does not look like a man who is apprehensive about what's to come (pun not intended, but just go with it okay.)   There's eye coitus...   He does desire her, and no one can convince me otherwise.  

Evidence I have seen to show this is as follows:

1. The look he gave Leonard at prom when he was accused of not having hormones
  2. His panic attack (if he didn't desire Amy, why  kick her out of his bedroom when she had been in there before for D&D virtual sex?)
  3. Anyway.... leans in for more
  4. Clearly upset at Good bye kissy face, hello yelly face
  5. Men can go on indefinitely, but your eggs have a sell-by date
  6. We're not friends with benefits
  7. FWF baby reference
  8. Right hand reference
  9. I don't see anyone else waiting in line to invade your southern borders
  10. Sheldon had encouraged Amy to have sex with Zack so they could retain their friendship.    Now Sheldon wants to know if she has had coitus with other men and actual looks angry that the answer might be yes.   Why would he care?   If she had, it would be a means to get him off the hook of ever contemplating coitus with her.   It's because he wants her.     Sheldon has taken the initiative to mention these things on his own, with no prodding at all from Amy to do so.   

He told the guys he would not coitus Vanessa with their genitals, shutting that idea down immediately.   With Amy however, he's pretended to have sex to get her mother off her back, to experiment with their friends, to fool Kripke, and to find closure in a D&D game.   He's never told Amy never.   He's referred to coitus with Amy as "not having ruled it out" or a "possibility."   It seems he's always been somewhat open to the idea of coitus with her, eventually.  

He's doing this for her, yes, but he's also doing it for himself because it's what he wants.    He's simply come to conclusion that Amy's birthday is the perfect opportunity to bridge the distance between his fear of being overwhelmed and giving into that desire, while at the same time showing Amy how much she means to him.     

For five years, Amy has waited patiently while he has neglected her in favor of being hyper-focused on his work and selfish pursuits.    Sheldon does not like being in the deficit when it comes to gift-giving.    This is his chance to balance it out by giving her everything she has asked for from him in one night, while at the same time not having to admit to a "physical weakness" he has always said was stupid and too evolved for.   Of course he's going to imply he's doing it all for Amy because he thinks it keeps others from being able to see his vulnerability.   

Denial is one of the things Sheldon is best at.    He denied jealousy.  He denied having a girlfriend.   He denied his feelings regarding the break up.   Why would he not also deny his physical desire for her?   The denial always catches up to him.  He eventually succeeds at getting what's he really wanted all along, but was too afraid to go after.  Unfortunately, he has to suffer a few of those deep paper cuts along the way, because in his attempts to protect himself from vulnerability, he becomes his own worst enemy.   

Sheldon knows now that he wants all the things that go into a relationship, not for the sake of having them, but because he will have these things with Amy.   Sheldon has referred to Amy as his weakness ("Leonard, what has that woman done to me?"), when in fact she has been the source of his triumph.  She's helping him become the man he told her he wanted to be, and it's happening right before our eyes.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid I will go blind from over-indulgence in reading, seeing, and viewing all this Shamy goodness.  

I wonder how many pages the forum has moved in the time it took me to write this essay?  

Yes...love this post! :girlinlove:

• Like 1