The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

37 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

The fact that the image is accelerated helps too lol

....i would like one where the video is slowed down....need to see all the little nuances of this after all!....alas I suck at making things like that..........:icon_wink:

1 hour ago, jlove said:

I've seen several folks, since the taping report, refer to the "contract" Sheldon mentions as being "a very Sheldon thing" or, in worse cases, as example of how he can't do without something like the RA, etc.  I don't think it has anything to do with either, actually.

Maybe folks outside the US don't know about the whole major consent movement going on in at least the US right now, especially on college campuses.  Many people believe that the rate of sexual assault has risen astronomically (whether or not it's true is up for debate as their are many arguments to be made on both sides and I'm not trying to start a debate on that fact).  Lots of people/groups/whatever are discussing how to handle this concern.  One actual way that people are being encouraged to make SURE that both parties consent before sex is to have a written contract that specifies exactly what activities both partners agree are ok.

I think what the writers may be showing here is that Sheldon has been researching sex, having sex for the first time, things to think about before having sex, being prepared for sex, etc. and in that reading, if one were to start right now with no background, something he'd likely find is advice about making sure you have consent (and very specific consent about allowed activities).  The websites he might have been looking at, probably largely focused towards young people like college students, would probably hammer consent pretty hard and provide sample consent agreements to download.  I REALLY think him stopping her before the kiss isn't nerves or stalling, but because he's read that you should not do it before you have a signed form.

Just thought some foks might not know that, and thought it was a different perspective.  Of course I don't KNOW that's what he's talking about, but feel pretty good about my assumptions.

thats good reason enough! ive hashed it out in my own mind that he just wanted to be certain of her desires, after all it would be presumptive of him to assume it after the lengthy and horrible break up.

even bernie wanted to start fresh with howard after that early split they had before dating again (loved the takei and sackoff appearances!)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tmp said:

I just read through several pages of posts very quickly, but I didn't see anyone mention Lorre's comment from the THR article, "missing Amy was wearing on him in a way he hadn't anticipated."  Lorre's comment makes me melt.  It took every ounce of strength Sheldon had to get through his grief over losing her.  It makes sense he wouldn't be ready to get back together when she first mentioned it, but eventually his need to be with her overcame his fear of losing her again.  Now he cherishes her in a way he didn't before, which spurred him to be ready for the physical act of love.  

Which interview was this?

Edited to say - Never mind! When I read it earlier I didn't realise that Chuck was the one talking :)

Edited by Einstein Von Brainstorm

58 minutes ago, cutiepie said:

911AIK.gif.6ab5439c455b9fd9e44be0808f18e

Not only is he returning the kiss like he did in the first one when he said, "fascinating", but If you look at the bottom edge of the screen, you can see him dropping his phone back in his pocket and then reaching up to grap on to her upper arm.

Death again by over-viewing, I know.

Edited by jenafan
Never mind. Same one that's already posted.
  • Like 8

The Hollywood Reporter article was so amazing in so many ways, so many things that we have discussed, confirmed by the people involved.

From Mayim: "We have a scene where Sheldon and Amy discuss it before we even get to the bedroom, and it's one of my favorite scenes that Jim and I have done together," says Bialik. "It's very tender and special. As much as Amy really wanted this, it's terrifying for her to have this in front of you, even with the right person and someone you're in love with."

From Jim: "And on the other side of it, because of Sheldon's somewhat odd relationships, he ends up feeling a little less anxious about it than she does because it hasn't been built up in that way for him. This is not something he's been waiting and waiting for. As he says to Professor Proton, 'I understand the mechanics.' "

And finally from Bob Newhart... It's wonderful seeing them — each time they rehearsed it, they had some wonderful and very funny scenes."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-amy-sheldon-843794

• Like 4

Santa Steve delivered! Hooooo!!! Shamy looks so happy and in love! Oh, the feels! 

weird/random question- it looks like Jim may have ear plugs or an earpiece in which to receive stage instructions/ lines. Does anybody know if the cast utilizes that on taping nights? 

36 minutes ago, tmp said:

I just read through several pages of posts very quickly, but I didn't see anyone mention Lorre's comment from the THR article, "missing Amy was wearing on him in a way he hadn't anticipated."  Lorre's comment makes me melt.  It took every ounce of strength Sheldon had to get through his grief over losing her.  It makes sense he wouldn't be ready to get back together when she first mentioned it, but eventually his need to be with her overcame his fear of losing her again.  Now he cherishes her in a way he didn't before, which spurred him to be ready for the physical act of love.  

I liked that quote as well, tmp.   It was so telling...it shows how much she means to him. :girlinlove:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

I really, really, really love what is coming for Shamy, but I honestly can't wait for it to be over. I want them to go back to being them.  Tea time, brainy games, subtle looks and touches that make us swoon.  I said it before, show me the two of them on the couch in their pj's, watching Dr Who on a Saturday morning, imply to me what happened the night before....I promise you,  I will grin like an idiot.   The drama has been exhausting.

I can't wait to see where they take Shamy post 9x11.

i agree, sort of. im definitely looking forward to some simple fun and less dramatic (in both directions), but i also am looking forward to the writers breaking new ground with what theyve created with Shamy. there are a lot of uncharted waters to explore now that the couple have consumated the relationship and are in "grown up" territory!

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

it JUST occurred to me that 9.11 is going to have us all screaming so loud all our neighbors will be calling 911 (...does that joke only work in the U.S.? lol) 

It may work in Canada and USA, but not here. Here we dial 190.
I'm trying to find the magazine cover that Bob Newhart was talking about but I'm not being successful. 

12 minutes ago, kazzie said:

It's 3am here and I just got home from work after that flight cancellation. 

Honestly.. I am STILL buzzing. I was totally freaking while trying to work.. haha!

Just a few things I noticed.. Yes that is the Train gift from Sheldon that Dave points out. But mainly, The kiss we see in the interview appears to be from rehearsal's. There is no audience reaction what so ever. and I don't recall an outtake which we saw. 

I still think the live one will be hotter ;)

Ok going to bed. I'm done.

Thanks...I figured that was from Monday press day/rehearsal/pre-tape day, and that those were taped for the press.   I am sure what was shown will end up different.   Looking forward to it!  In the meantime, we at least have this interview and .gifs from it...and we will have the Dec 10 episode which I can't wait for either! :girlwink:  :girlinlove: Hope you get a good sleep!   

• Like 5

As for that engagement ring that Sheldon planned to propose to Amy with last season before she broke up with him, that's still in play. "That's something we're trying to figure out. I don't have any answers for you at the moment, but the ring will rise again," Molaro says with a laugh.

and the ring debate will continue no doubt after this comment by Molaro regarding 9.11....

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

As for that engagement ring that Sheldon planned to propose to Amy with last season before she broke up with him, that's still in play. "That's something we're trying to figure out. I don't have any answers for you at the moment, but the ring will rise again," Molaro says with a laugh.

and the ring debate will continue no doubt after this comment by Molaro regarding 9.11....

"...the ring will rise again," Molaro says with a laugh...

why does this scare me a little...? :read:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bluebird said:

How cute is Amy when she's saying that she knows what Sheldon's present is! I don't think I've ever seen her smiling like that. 

(Video)

Actually I think Mayim looked pretty giddy too in that clip when they stop kissing. She's totally bouncing up and down and flapping her hands in between takes. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

"...the ring will rise again," Molaro says with a laugh...

why does this scare me a little...? :read:

Ringphobia?

1 hour ago, 2L344 said:

so...  he was going to propose to Amy on THAT skype call (THE HORROR),
also this explains why the ring was in the desk drawer and not on the wall safe.

• Like 4

Hi guys! I'm sosososo happy with all the shamy news that we are getting! 

I put together a poll with the help of a friend and I'm going to put together a meme of the best shamy quotes of all time! (up to season 8, I'm going to do a separate thing for season 9). 

I would really appreciate if you took a couple minutes and voted for your faves! It would be a great help and show exactly which quotes WE as Shamy fans love :)

Here is the link for the poll and if you could share it online, that would be super helpful! 

Link: shamy quotes poll!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tmp said:

TㄙI just read through several pages of posts very quickly, but I didn't see anyone mention Lorre's comment from the THR article, "missing Amy was wearing on him in a way he hadn't anticipated."  Lorre's comment makes me melt.  It took every ounce of strength Sheldon had to get through his grief over losing her.  It makes sense he wouldn't be ready to get back together when she first mentioned it, but eventually his need to be with her overcame his fear of losing her again.  Now he cherishes her in a way he didn't before, which spurred him to be ready for the physical act of love.  

Thank you for mentioning that. I thought Lorre's comment was extremely spot on and showed how deeply he care about and understand these characters, he's like the father of them. 

• Like 3

Now that's the perfect way to wake up after 7 hours of peaceful sleep! You send the first kid to school, and since you got 20 minutes to go before you have to wake up the little one, you think: "Oh, let's catch up with the new posts in the forum..." So you open the page and BAM!! LOL! Absolutely love this! And only 8 days to go til 9.10!

:-D

Plus only 353 pages left till we hit 1000! ;-D

• Like 4