The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

34 minutes ago, koops said:

FWF next, please? :D

Yes, please! A special episode of countries that have reunited!

Also, glad to have you back!! I missed your posts! <3

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Moreover, that was not his plan originally,  he wanted first to take her out for dinner in a nice restaurant. Given how much he likes preparedness, I guess he had everything settled and planned in his mind; so Amy saying she just wanted to skip the chit-chat and go straight to the present and, moreover, acknowledging that she already knew what the present was made him a little nervous. But he seems to recover very well, and it is so tender that he is the reassuring one when Amy needs to be reassured. 

Like , very much :) . 

5 minutes ago, koops said:

Having missed out on a lot of discussion, I'm sure this has already been said before, but the episode that mollified my rage about the breakup was actually the Aquarium one. And I think Chuck's statement is equally applicable to both, the whole "you don't know what you've got until it's gone". That is really what that episode was all about for me, with Amy coming to remember that it's Sheldon and has always been only Sheldon, and I loved that she asked him back after a completely platonic date and not knowing about the ring nor demanding anything of him. I SO desperately needed to see that in order to be satisfied with a reconciliation. In the same way, I think it was necessary for Sheldon to turn her down there, because that put him in a very interesting position, one where he has Amy back in his life, as a friend, and he doesn't need to be her boyfriend to have her back, and yet... he's not satisfied with that. It doesn't take long before he does a 180 on it and is pounding at her door, and that's because he wants it all with her. There was so much speculation in the past by some over whether Sheldon really wanted that relationship or was just in it to keep Amy in his life and because he was used to it and he didn't like change. If Earworm doesn't answer that question loud and clear, I don't know what does. He wants the entire package with her, he wants the romantic part of their relationship back as much as their mental connection (besides the fact that during the breakup he was torturing himself worrying about her being intimate with another man, if one needs any more indication of what his desires are with her), which makes their consummation, even this soon, make so much sense. Sheldon is eager to have it all now, just as Amy is eager to have everything he is, and not what she thought she needed him to be. 

To paraphrase Zack, "Happy Shamy, happy life!"

*floats on a cloud throwing confetti*

Yes, yes and yes , oh it's good to have you back :)

now if only my *likes* would return , I can't keep quoting everyone !!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, koops said:

Having missed out on a lot of discussion, I'm sure this has already been said before, but the episode that mollified my rage about the breakup was actually the Aquarium one. And I think Chuck's statement is equally applicable to both, the whole "you don't know what you've got until it's gone". That is really what that episode was all about for me, with Amy coming to remember that it's Sheldon and has always been only Sheldon, and I loved that she asked him back after a completely platonic date and not knowing about the ring nor demanding anything of him. I SO desperately needed to see that in order to be satisfied with a reconciliation. In the same way, I think it was necessary for Sheldon to turn her down there, because that put him in a very interesting position, one where he has Amy back in his life, as a friend, and he doesn't need to be her boyfriend to have her back, and yet... he's not satisfied with that. It doesn't take long before he does a 180 on it and is pounding at her door, and that's because he wants it all with her. There was so much speculation in the past by some over whether Sheldon really wanted that relationship or was just in it to keep Amy in his life and because he was used to it and he didn't like change. If Earworm doesn't answer that question loud and clear, I don't know what does. He wants the entire package with her, he wants the romantic part of their relationship back as much as their mental connection (besides the fact that during the breakup he was torturing himself worrying about her being intimate with another man, if one needs any more indication of what his desires are with her), which makes their consummation, even this soon, make so much sense. Sheldon is eager to have it all now, just as Amy is eager to have everything he is, and not what she thought she needed him to be. 

Yes, nodding along with all of this! I mean, even as someone who always liked what the writers did with the breakup, seeing it all come together and fall into place so neatly in the end was so very rewarding!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, April said:

Now that I had a good night of sleep I've been rereading/rewatching the interviews. Putting aside Mayim and Jim being adorable cuties for a moment, I agree with vonmar that it feels so good being on the same page with the writers/actors on this. Some of my favourite parts:

How do you do that? even for a moment?! TEACH ME! 

In all seriousness, great post! I'm out of likes, will be back later to like the shit out of everything in this thread later :icon_cheesygrin:

34 minutes ago, koops said:

Yes this is it, this is exactly this! I know I had my issues with the season finale but with that episode they definitely nailed it! Jim and Mayim did also an excellent job conveying all  this sentiments!!

Is it ok to be sad that we might be about to see the last of the Amy knocks?  As fast as things are going, I think their days are numbered.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Boonaroma said:

Is it ok to be sad that we might be about to see the last of the Amy knocks?  As fast as things are going, I think their days are numbered.

They will find a way to have the knocks in the same way that they have found a way to keep them fresh :) 

Penny shouting "who do we love?" before each "Penny" 
knockx3 "Penny, Bernadette, Amy" knockx3 "Penny, Bernadette, Amy"  knockx3 "Penny, Bernadette, Amy" 
Sheldon knocking on his own empty door
"Tables work too, good to know!"
Tapping Howard's face on the plane
Knocking on Penny's wall above her bed

... Incase you didn't notice I love the knocks! :rofl:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, April said:

Now that I had a good night of sleep I've been rereading/rewatching the interviews. Putting aside Mayim and Jim being adorable cuties for a moment, I agree with vonmar that it feels so good being on the same page with the writers/actors on this. Some of my favourite parts:

• "It helped spur them to move forward and pursue their relationship more aggressively, having realized that you don't know what you've got until it's gone, as the song goes. That happened for Sheldon — missing Amy was wearing on him in a way he hadn't anticipated." (Lorre)

I've said from early on that they'll use this to move things forward - as paradoxical as it sounds. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, so it's great to see that the writers don't have them go back to their old pre-breakup pace. I'm loving that it's Sheldon who's initiating ~operation birthday sex~ and that Amy gets now several opportunities to just grab him for some passionate kisses. I love their new comfortableness with their physical intimacy and the undeniable fact that they want each other in every possible way (for lack of a better description). There's just something really sweet and beautiful about this.

• "I liked that there was something unexpected about it. You could have easily made an episode like this be a season finale or something like that, so why not pull the trigger when people think we may not?" (Molaro)

Yes, bless you for giving us an early Christmas present! I love how unexpected this was for us as the audience (because yes, most of us thought they would do such a thing for sweeps or a finale or maybe even the big 200), but at the same time it was written as something that completely fits with the characters. I think within the story we've seen this year the timing and circumstances are perfect!

• "With the idea of Newhart and the Star Wars release coming up, it started to gel," says Molaro of the timing. "The fact that we were able to find a way to blend Star Wars with something for us on Big Bang — it's such an event for Sheldon and Amy, I couldn't be happier with it."

I'll also just take this as confirmation that *someone* saw the title of the new Star Wars film and went all excited about the stupid pun. That said though, has any journalist actually made a comment on that (if not, what are you even getting paid for??). Maybe it's my inner 12 year old but I'd have a field day with this! lol

• "That's what the writers capture. We had to be careful and walk the fine line between nervous and excited because you don't want it to feel like, 'Ew, maybe she's not ready; maybe he's not ready.' It's so much in the words, but there are a lot of subtleties. You can't be too freaked out about it because then you're watching uncomfortableness, and that can feel like a violation of these characters you love." (Mayim)

Without even having seen it yet that's pretty much the vibe I got as well. I love that they went that route with those two characters and how careful the writers have been here. Well done!

• "And on the other side of it, because of Sheldon's somewhat odd relationships, he ends up feeling a little less anxious about it than she does because it hasn't been built up in that way for him. This is not something he's been waiting and waiting for." (Jim)

Yes, this! It fits so well. I also love the wording "a little less anxious" here cause I agree with many of you that from the footage we saw (Kazzie pointed out it wasn't from the final taping but I expect it to be played much in the same way) that he is indeed nervous as well, especially when he's suddenly wanting to search that consent form.

I saw you discussing whether that was his nervousness, him wanting proper consent from her, and just his love for contracts and rules. Personally I'll go with: It's probably a little bit of everything. They are leaning in for another kiss when he's kinda flinching and wants to grab his phone - it looks very nervous to me. Wanting to pull up a contract is undeniably very Sheldon - it's something that is making him more comfortable (it would probably be on that list about things that make him more comfortable - right under "lists" lol) because he has such trouble reading other people. In part it's surly also a result of his research and the question of consent being such an issue sometimes - even for people who don't struggle with social interactions as much as he does. And precisely because of his struggles I think he wants to make sure they're on the same page. I absolutely love that Amy - after having already given verbal consent earlier - just grabs and kisses him to calm him down and even more so that it seems to work as he's going in for the kiss then as well. I think it's great that there's this mutual reassurance at different points in the episode. Give and take - as it should be!

pillowfeelsmarshall.gif.62ebcba0406e010e

I must say, April, I really found your analysis of the whole breakup/reconciliation spot on.  Your insight has been amazing!

30 minutes ago, Boonaroma said:

Well, there are doors even if they were to share a house :p

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Flaky said:

I can't wait to see all the bts clips for this episode! Did you see Jim pretend to collapse there at the end of the kiss.  He's having so much fun with it.

He said at one point he has never been a leading man before, so even though he's playing the same character for 9 years, this is still new territory.  Actors always like to flex their acting muscles that way.

A couple of people have mentioned Mayim's hair, and I agree.  Her hair and outfit are very well done, lovely and soft and exactly how Amy would want to look for this moment.

• Like 9

I'm just still so happy. Have some personal crap going on but Shamy loving is keeping me going.  I still am shocked at how much info we got 2 weeks out.  This is amazing!

• Like 4

Did we ever find out if the full ET thing was longer than the clip we had like 18 hours ago?

5 hours ago, April said:

• "It helped spur them to move forward and pursue their relationship more aggressively, having realized that you don't know what you've got until it's gone, as the song goes. That happened for Sheldon — missing Amy was wearing on him in a way he hadn't anticipated." (Lorre)

I've said from early on that they'll use this to move things forward - as paradoxical as it sounds. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, so it's great to see that the writers don't have them go back to their old pre-breakup pace. I'm loving that it's Sheldon who's initiating ~operation birthday sex~ and that Amy gets now several opportunities to just grab him for some passionate kisses. I love their new comfortableness with their physical intimacy and the undeniable fact that they want each other in every possible way (for lack of a better description). There's just something really sweet and beautiful about this.

• "I liked that there was something unexpected about it. You could have easily made an episode like this be a season finale or something like that, so why not pull the trigger when people think we may not?" (Molaro)

Yes, bless you for giving us an early Christmas present! I love how unexpected this was for us as the audience (because yes, most of us thought they would do such a thing for sweeps or a finale or maybe even the big 200), but at the same time it was written as something that completely fits with the characters. I think within the story we've seen this year the timing and circumstances are perfect!

• "With the idea of Newhart and the Star Wars release coming up, it started to gel," says Molaro of the timing. "The fact that we were able to find a way to blend Star Wars with something for us on Big Bang — it's such an event for Sheldon and Amy, I couldn't be happier with it."

I'll also just take this as confirmation that *someone* saw the title of the new Star Wars film and went all excited about the stupid pun. That said though, has any journalist actually made a comment on that (if not, what are you even getting paid for??). Maybe it's my inner 12 year old but I'd have a field day with this! lol

• "That's what the writers capture. We had to be careful and walk the fine line between nervous and excited because you don't want it to feel like, 'Ew, maybe she's not ready; maybe he's not ready.' It's so much in the words, but there are a lot of subtleties. You can't be too freaked out about it because then you're watching uncomfortableness, and that can feel like a violation of these characters you love." (Mayim)

Without even having seen it yet that's pretty much the vibe I got as well. I love that they went that route with those two characters and how careful the writers have been here. Well done!

• "And on the other side of it, because of Sheldon's somewhat odd relationships, he ends up feeling a little less anxious about it than she does because it hasn't been built up in that way for him. This is not something he's been waiting and waiting for." (Jim)

Yes, this! It fits so well. I also love the wording "a little less anxious" here cause I agree with many of you that from the footage we saw (Kazzie pointed out it wasn't from the final taping but I expect it to be played much in the same way) that he is indeed nervous as well, especially when he's suddenly wanting to search that consent form.

I saw you discussing whether that was his nervousness, him wanting proper consent from her, and just his love for contracts and rules. Personally I'll go with: It's probably a little bit of everything. They are leaning in for another kiss when he's kinda flinching and wants to grab his phone - it looks very nervous to me. Wanting to pull up a contract is undeniably very Sheldon - it's something that is making him more comfortable (it would probably be on that list about things that make him more comfortable - right under "lists" lol) because he has such trouble reading other people. In part it's surly also a result of his research and the question of consent being such an issue sometimes - even for people who don't struggle with social interactions as much as he does. And precisely because of his struggles I think he wants to make sure they're on the same page. I absolutely love that Amy - after having already given verbal consent earlier - just grabs and kisses him to calm him down and even more so that it seems to work as he's going in for the kiss then as well. I think it's great that there's this mutual reassurance at different points in the episode. Give and take - as it should be!

pillowfeelsmarshall.gif.62ebcba0406e010e

Always spot on April!

8 hours ago, tmp said:

It's funny in the interviews with Jim and Mayim, including PaleyFest, how embarrassed she gets and how much he enjoys making her embarrassment worse.

Yes, I noticed how embarrassed she gets. You'd think they really did have sex, with how embarrassed she gets. Haha.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Judging by the extra bit posted on instagram it must have been? :( *needs it*

Do you have the link?

Promo pictures of 9.10 are out...no Shamy pictures anyway...They want to tease us!

• Like 2