The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

8 hours ago, koops said:

Right... I know I haven't been around for a while for one reason or another, but I'm crawling out of my cave to give a visual representation of my current state of mind:

tumblr_inline_mmhvgg1yzI1qz4rgp.gif

I still need to catch up on... well, pretty much everything that isn't spoilers and interviews and things I hear through the grapevine. Boy, that's going to be a lot of work for my Xmas break :p

I've missed your essays so much.   Welcome back!   I knew you would come out of hiding when things started to look more positive.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AlFisher said:

Sublimation was my first thought! LOL

It would be kind of hilarious to see Sheldon binge eating (french toast on oatmeal day) or some other obsessive activity, not realizing he's actually horny ;) (but I tend to think we won't get a Shamy-centric ep for the 9.12)

• Like 9

Just now, Gbb said: Let's see, there's also sublimation, animation...

Sublimation was my first thought! LOL

I didn't think of 'sublimation'. That would also fit with the storyline!! Sheldon having to sublimate his new found sexual desire into something more productive. Could mean we see a distracted Sheldon!! Fingers crossed!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gbb said:

It would be kind of hilarious to see Sheldon binge eating (french toast on oatmeal day) or some other obsessive activity, not realizing he's actually horny ;) (but I tend to think we won't get a Shamy-centric ep for the 9.12)

I think so, too and I'm not against at all. It's more like an opportunity to give the brain a rest lol

1 hour ago, MJistheBOMB said:

I also loved when he knocked on the door (that was open) of Amy's lab the day after he cut his finger when he was coming to "apologize" for his behavior.

Which, btw, when she made him apologize properly, I remember being very impressed because this was among the first moments we start to see Amy's influence on him. This was a man who never said sorry because in his mind, he was always right. 

His, "sorry" was forced and difficult for him but he did it because he cares for her. That was so special.

#ShamyFeels

That's the exact moment I knew that Amy was perfect for him. Up until then I liked her okay but I wasn't sure I wanted her around long-term. When she firmly, and without anger, made Sheldon apologize correctly to her AND he did it!? Well then, she was Miss Right and I was Miss Shamy Fan :)

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

How do you do that? even for a moment?! TEACH ME! 

The secret is: You don't. You just edit out all the incoherent ASDFAJAJTGKLAGJKAKLGDA and SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! lmao

6 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

In all seriousness, great post! I'm out of likes, will be back later to like the shit out of everything in this thread later :icon_cheesygrin:

5 hours ago, lpm said:

I must say, April, I really found your analysis of the whole breakup/reconciliation spot on.  Your insight has been amazing!

2 hours ago, camelliayao said:

Always spot on April!

TBBTmadeofsugar.gif.bd9543108ea66698f092

• Like 5

Seems like Jim and Mayim had to do the kiss take many times. Maybe because Jim couldn't stop smiling from the looks of it (judging by those clips, I mean). That reminds of the spanking scene... I'm sensing a pattern here... :laugh: 

• Like 8

nm - thanks Ranger Rosa!

Edited by Gbb
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, cutiepie said:

20 hours ago, jlove said:
20 hours ago, Amy Fowler said:

just gonna leave this here...

giphy.gif

Okay then @ boys3allc, again, if you are addressing me, I am not making Kazzie repeat herself over and over.   I have no desire for her to do so, especially as, from viewing this, it seems she and I seem to observe things very, very differently.  Now, there was a second taping report put up by Kath2611 and that one, having viewed the kiss clip above, seems to me to be a much better fit and felt much more in character from the off.  

Firstly, hats off to Mayim and Jim, just gloriously done.  A beautiful and nuanced performance, no words needed.  As with the train kiss, everything you need to know is here, and likewise, a casual observer who knows nothing about the Shamy dynamic could  write a ten page essay on what the relationship is between this couple.  Superlative acting! Flawless!

Okay, girding my loins for the boos now.  I am not seeing a relaxed Sheldon here.  I am seeing a bundle of nerves, I am seeing squirming, I am seeing a hand movement intended to block and stall, and I am seeing an Amy who knows what she wants.

I don't doubt for a minute that he relaxes into the kiss eventually, but from what we see, he is on the retreat, right up until Amy pulls him into her by his shoulder, at this point he seems to surrender a little.  In this clip he is not shown to be returning any of her passion but simply acquiescing to it.  

Looking at the gif above, I wonder what the reaction would be if the genders were reversed.  What if we were seeing a nervous, squirming girl, a virgin who has put up barrier body language and attempted a dodge to defer the situation being kissed determinedly to silence her silliness, being drawn in physically by her shoulder till she stopped her nonsense and was kissed into submission?

Oh, and this too...

• "And on the other side of it, because of Sheldon's somewhat odd relationships, he ends up feeling a little less anxious about it than she does because it hasn't been built up in that way for him. This is not something he's been waiting and waiting for." (Jim)

I would like to see less of this......

beverley-sheldon-kiss.gif

19 minutes ago, Xbox1orPS4 said:

Just seen the promo photos for 9.10!!! Our little Shelley looks so sad :( BUT OMFG THAT INTERVIEW!!!! Can't wait for that episode :)

Penny is looking at Sheldon like, please, WTF.   Penny and Leonard see he is still denying his feelings.   Amy looks like she is having a good time with Dave. Sheldon looks so sad before he comes to his realization.    Penny and Leonard in bed.   We are in for a wild ride.

It looks like Amy has made a permanent change to her wardrobe, at least for date nights, anyway.

I can't remember what Amy's conversation with Bernie was about, or if it was even in the TR report.

I'm actually happy to see Dave again.

• Like 8

Do you think Amy will find out that Sheldon was that close to propose before the break up? Or that he was going to propose again after the documentary and saw her kissing Dave?  If she does, I really hope it will be after the actual proposal. 

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 2

About 9.10... couldn't they realease clips of shamy kissing and kill us all at once? :p BTW, if it's hotter than in the 9.11 clip I might explode. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ATOB said:
9 minutes ago, ATOB said:

Okay, girding my loins for the boos now.  I am not seeing a relaxed Sheldon here.  I am seeing a bundle of nerves, I am seeing squirming, I am seeing a hand movement intended to block and stall, and I am seeing an Amy who knows what she wants.

I don't doubt for a minute that he relaxes into the kiss eventually, but from what we see, he is on the retreat, right up until Amy pulls him into her by his shoulder, at this point he seems to surrender a little.  In this clip he is not shown to be returning any of her passion but simply acquiescing to it.  

I can't say it better than wowbagger said yesterday:

I think, too, that the timing and patterns of nervousness were beautifully observed by both the writers and actors. It makes sense that Sheldon's nervousness would come earlier. This is such a huge step and it has been such a big part of what went wrong in his relationship (or so he was told) and it is his first time and the stakes are very, very high. Of course he is nervous, because h's thought and fretted about it. But then Amy grabs him and kisses him and the worry goes away and now all that research and preparation comes to the fore. He knows what his course of action is and he is ready.

Amy, on the other hand, is impulsive. She is giddy and excited and grabs ahold of her boyfriend, but once she's heading towards the water, the realisation sets in. She hasn't had th benefit of Sheldon's thinking and planning and research and consent forms (sigh). So it makes sense that her moment of nervousness comes later, and that when it does Sheldon is there to reassure her, as she was there to reassure him.

5 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I can't remember what Amy's conversation with Bernie was about, or if it was even in the TR report.

If I remember right, Bernie was asking Amy if she was sure about inviting Dave to her apartment for dinner as he might have certain expectations about afterward.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Penny is looking at Sheldon like, please, WTF.   Penny and Leonard see he is still denying his feelings.   Amy looks like she is having a good time with Dave. Sheldon looks so sad before he comes to his realization.    Penny and Leonard in bed.   We are in for a wild ride.

It looks like Amy has made a permanent change to her wardrobe, at least for date nights, anyway.

I'm so excited for #davesaves!! :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Gbb said:

I can't say it better than wowbagger said yesterday:

If I remember right, Bernie was asking Amy if she was sure about inviting Dave to her apartment for dinner as he might have certain expectations about afterward.

and what about this bit...

Looking at the gif above, I wonder what the reaction would be if the genders were reversed.  What if we were seeing a nervous, squirming girl, a virgin who has put up barrier body language and attempted a dodge to defer the situation being kissed determinedly to silence her silliness, being drawn in physically by her shoulder till she stopped her nonsense and was kissed into submission?

59 minutes ago, cutiepie said:

sublimation or legitimation ...

Is "legitimation" even a word?

I do think that sublimation fits--there's apparently another letter with a tall segment before the apparent "l", so a "b" would fit.  And the last few letters do look like "imation".  But there could be another capital or tall letter before the apparent b.  I can't tell if what I'm seeing is part of the title word or part of the pencil.  Thanks to whoever enlarged it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluebird said:

Do you think Amy will find out that Sheldon was that close to propose before the break up? Or that he was going to propose again after the documentary and saw her kissing Dave?  If she does, I really hope it will be after the actual proposal. 

All we know at this point, is that Lore and/or Molaro say they are not done with the ring.   It will come up again, and I'm sure whatever speculation we come up with on when and how will be wrong.   

Perhaps Sheldon proposes to her, and Amy gets cold feet thinking it is because they are now intimate, and he feels marrying her is something he's obligated to do now rather than something he's wanted all along.   

Some how or some way, I think she needs to know that the intention was always there.  The documentary is sitting over Sheldon's head.   Whether or not it ever gets mentioned again, remains to be seen, but I think the writers had it recorded and left it in Wil Wheaton's hands for a reason.

Not only did the thing get recorded by Adam Nimoy, but if Sheldon's security camera was active, it would be taped on that as well.

• Like 7

On 12/1/2015, 2:29:23, Gbb said:

My dreams are mean. 

Dreams are always mean.

If I have an unpleasant/scary dream, I sleep to the end of it, but if I have a pleasant/sexy one, I wake up just as it gets to the interesting bit. :( 

• Like 1