The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

4 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

#DeflowerFowler2015 <- just saw this hashtag on tumblr! 

Which of you invented this?! :rofl: 

Also if you have a TBBT tumblr pm me it cus I gotta follow you all :) 

If no one takes credit for this I definitely will. Cept I started it on Twitter. I've yet to touch the land or tumblr 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Listgirl said:

Seen something on tumblr: the title for 9.12 - The Repetitive Fornication. 

No idea of the integrity of the source but that would be fun; no? 

It has to be a wild guess...... 

It's a funny title. I'm laughing on and on by 20 minutes. Can you send us the link?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Listgirl said:

Seen something on tumblr: the title for 9.12 - The Repetitive Fornication. 

No idea of the integrity of the source but that would be fun; no? 

It has to be a wild guess...... 

That doesn't match the picture of the script.  I think that's someone's wishful thinking.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Listgirl said:

http://shamy-majim-tbbt-blog.tumblr.com/post/134411737270/ourkidswouldbemartians-pretty-sure-the-tittle

the actual blogger is ourkidswouldbemartians

fairly convinced this is wishful thinking but a GREAT idea

I think it's just specullation too. The only letters that I could see sugest that the word ends with "-mation": now let your imagination do the rest of he job.

34 minutes ago, koops said:

The idea that the writers, who have repeatedly said they have been waiting for this moment for years and have worked very hard to get it right, would have some kind of subtle secret agenda to actually imply that Sheldon is not physically attracted to Amy is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. If they really wanted to get that message across, they would, clearly, in the plot, actions and dialogue, and without having to resort to bending over backwards to interpret half a line or a clip out of context and ignoring other evidence left, right and center. 

It's not that he isn't attracted to Amy (I truly believe he is), it's just that until now, he has not been portrayed as eager to have sex, it's not the same thing.

He is determined, yes, he has researched and had prepared himself extensively for it because he loves Amy and wants to make her happy and wants to show her he truly cares for her and is willing to have a 'complete' relationship with her (including the physical aspect) if that's what she wants and needs. He is aware he will likely enjoy it (and he confirms that afterwards), but he's not going for it as a need he personally had developed or discovered. And this is not something that some people are just making up to fulfill some kind of personal fantasy or need for validation, there's even that recent quote from Jim in wich he clearly states that, according to him, Sheldon is still not looking forward to have sex as much as Amy.

That's not a bad thing at all (he selflessly is giving her one of the biggest proofs of his love) and it's something that's subject to change of course (maybe a soon as next episode to be taped), now that they have initiated with that aspect of their relationship, they had opened a big door for new opportunities and we'll see how things develop in following episodes.

And, of course, we still have to watch the actual next two episodes, and we know there will be plenty of opportunity (lots of kissing!) to let ourselves have a better and more complete view of the situation :)

Edited by sarah7
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, ATOB said:

Oh, and this too...

• "And on the other side of it, because of Sheldon's somewhat odd relationships, he ends up feeling a little less anxious about it than she does because it hasn't been built up in that way for him. This is not something he's been waiting and waiting for." (Jim)

There is a thread for this over there *points* 

in fact, if I am not mistaken, you are the one who started it! 

• Like 1

Saying that Sheldon deciding he's ready for sex on the spur of the moment (more like "spur of the day-of-thinking") doesn't really mean he wants to have sex is like saying "You don't really want to get your hair cut because you decided just today to cut it."

Edited by Musickat18
  • Like 6

41 minutes ago, phantagrae said:

I believe this line is a quote from Jim in the interview about the episode.

I know but I've just had enough of this 'Sheldon don't want it' crap. It's like ATOB has ran out of fight and using Jim's words to fight us now. 

People need to get he's a changed man. Sheldon knows he's changed and Amy's the reason. He's been slowly changing since he met her it's just sometimes we miss out on the small changes and people over look them and then jump to the conclusion that it's so OOC when they link one big jump to another big jump like how he doesn't want coitus and now he does, it's all the small things that happen inbetween people need to go back and acknowledge. It goes back to those GIFs we posted of him swallowing hard after seeing Amy not dressed as normal Amy. That hard swallowing was him denying these sexual feelings and he's managed to keep down for 5 years, then he spent 6 months unable to see & touch Amy like he normally would and it's all built up and now he wants a piece. Whether people like it or not he sleeps with Amy & she'll be the only person he sleeps with :biggrin: 

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 9

34 minutes ago, phantagrae said:

I believe this line is a quote from Jim in the interview about the episode.

And I don't think it has anything to do with Sheldon not wanting it.  It addresses the issue that for Sheldon it was not something he was anxious about.  For him it was a decision that he finally made, and maybe he might have had some jitters, but having sex was not something that he had built up in his head the way Amy has--she's been looking forward to it for years, especially since she fell in love with Sheldon.

Sheldon hasn't been desiring it the way she has, so he has no real romantic expectations, etc..  I don't think it means that he doesn't want to do it, just that he isn't necessarily looking at the event in the same way she is.

I completely agree on this! Moreover, Jim's quote didn't refer at all to how much eager or not eager Sheldon is to be intimate with Amy but to the fact that he is  less nervous than Amy about it, because he isn't actually  the one who has waited for this moment to happen for 5 years and consequently he is not the one who has 5 years of expectations to fulfill... 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Gbb said:

I think she means Sheldon being kissed against his will. The show creators got us covered there too :)

There was a second part that didn't post. Which was...

...and more of this....

(And here you'll have to imagine a gif of Sheldon leaning in to continue the kissing after the 'flash' comment cause I'm buggered if I can get it to work.)

11 minutes ago, koops said:

And note he says "a little less anxious". Not that he isn't anxious at all. They both are nervous at different stages in the episode, I think the writers have done a good job with balancing one being nervous while the other is encouraging and then flip the roles around. It's also very consistent with every single one of their other milestones: it's always Amy who ends up being nervous and stumped, because she spends so much time in fantasy land that she gets overwhelmed with reality. Sheldon, on the other hand, spends so much time thinking and dissecting and analyzing, that by the time he's made his mind up, that's it: he's ready and confident. First timer jitters notwithstanding.

As always, said better than I could have ever said it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, camelliayao said:

I think we can wait till the episode actually come out to judge if Sheldon is "dreading" or unwilling or if they have passion. Now we only have incomplete clips and TRs. 

Agreed. This is a small clip with the humour based in the reversal of the traditional male and female roles (he prudish, she raring to go). 

I'm keen to see the whole episode, it may play very differently. Let's see.

13 minutes ago, Amy Fowler said:

I know but I've just had enough of this Sheldon don't want it crap. It's like ATOB has ran out of fight and using Jim's words to fight it now

Well, whatever anyone's point of view might be, Jim's quote doesn't imply at all that he doesn't want it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Musickat18 said:

I'm not really sure which clip you watched, because that's not how it looked to me at all.

Yeah, we all see life through our own lens. I quite often wonder if I watch a different show to the rest of you.

1 hour ago, Gbb said:

Isn't there a line in the TR about Dave going in for a kiss and Amy pulling back? I'm not saying shouldn't wouldn't have kissed Dave again that night, but she's a 30ish virgin (relevant only to say she doesn't take intimacy lightly), coming off a long-term relationship and clearly still in love with her old boyfriend. She wouldn't have slept with Dave that night.

He was a bit of 'practice'. Perhaps she was open to some experiments? Till Zack opened his mouth, she was pretty keen to makes the beast with two backs with him. What's wrong with her expressing her sexuality any way she wants? She was single. For her, unlike Sheldon, sex is not tied wholly to love. Who knows what she might have done?

12 minutes ago, ATOB said:

Yeah, we all see life through our own lens. I quite often wonder if I watch a different show to the rest of you.

It does make you wonder who has the different lens when everyone else disagrees with you.

• Like 2