Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Amy Fowler said:

Just while its playing on my mind. Do you think Amy gave Dave another try because she actually liked his want to be like Sheldon? So she could replace her feelings for the actual Sheldon with someone who's desires to be like Sheldon? Or does she like the fact he reminds her of him when Dave speaks about his encounters with Sheldon?

 

I think it was just because after being rejected from the man she loved and she didn't want to be alone. She was sad and heartbroken, that maybe was an awkward attempt to try to forget Sheldon. She clearly wasn't ready to move on, and I think she would have understood it right and then during that date, hadn't Sheldon interrupt it, but it was "human" and understandable that in such a moment she was searching attentions from a man who showed interest for her and that she found interesting enough to go out with him on more occasions. That Dave was a Sheldon's cheerleader at that moment wasn't that important, for me..

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jlove said:

Good heavens, where is this clip FROM?  I LOVE IT!  I'm dying, this is the clip I've been longing to see since I first heard of the comparision to their first kiss on the couch.  Link, pretty pretty please?  I have to watch in all its full-color, normal-speed glory.  Over and over and over...oops, too much sharing?

just go watch it on you tube :)  ( like i have done 50 times or so since finding out about it last night) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jlove said:

I think she just needed to rebound, she needed to feel like someone wanted to be with her, and he was there.  He has already asked to see her again.  It was easy.

True that. 

Plus all those years of thinking no one would be interested and now someones actually pinning over her why not take it?. Guess that makes the moment when Sheldon shows up at her door even more magical. 

10 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

I think it's because she thinks she lost her chance with Sheldon forever and there's no way back, so she goes for the second best (Dave) because she thinks that otherwise she'll die alone. That's like that moments that you think that everything will go wrong but life gives you the best thing. It's beautiful.

Absolutely. I think that's what I was thinking when I wrote the post I just worded it wrong. It's quite sad to think of it like that isn't it? She opted for second best. She gave Shedon everything, even moved of be near him and now she made a big mistake, tried to rectify it and it failed so she opted for nearly but not quite what she deserves. Poor Amy. Poor Dave!. 

7 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I think it was just because after being rejected from the man she loved and she didn't want to be alone. She was sad and heartbroken, that maybe was an awkward attempt to try to forget Sheldon. She clearly wasn't ready to move on, and I think she would have understood it right and then during that date, hadn't Sheldon interrupt it, but it was "human" and understandable that in such a moment she was searching attentions from a man who showed interest for her and that she found interesting enough to go out with him on more occasions. That Dave was a Sheldon's cheerleader at that moment wasn't that important, for me..

Bold - I think that's why the question came into my mind. She wasn't ready to move on and forget so might she have been looking to recycle and reuse and the fact Dave is Sheldon's number 1 fan might have turned into some sort of comfort for Amy? I dunno. You know how wide the gap is between the box and my imagination :laugh: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I thought about it. Came to the conclusion that there is nothing wrong in having sex purely for love.

This made me laugh out loud :icon_razz: It reminds me of that HIMYM episode where Lily bets Marshall that she can write a list of 100 different reasons to have sex, and 'love' was the very last one she thought of, lol

Edited by Sylphadora

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Amy Fowler said:

Just while its playing on my mind. Do you think Amy gave Dave another try because she actually liked his want to be like Sheldon? So she could replace her feelings for the actual Sheldon with someone who's desires to be like Sheldon? Or does she like the fact he reminds her of him when Dave speaks about his encounters with Sheldon?

 

She liked him enough to go on three dates with him before he botched it by talking about Sheldon the whole time.   I think when he asked her why they broke up, it got her wheels turning wondering what in the world she was doing.   

Like Sheldon, Dave spends the whole evening talking about himself and his interests (which is Sheldon), while admiring the fact that she's there listening to him and putting up with him.    If Amy can't have the real thing, she'll accept a substitute by proxy through Dave.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kelliluvtbbt said:

Sheldon has been attracted to Amy since the first day he laid eyes on her!!! who are we kidding here???? Sheldon would never do a double take on a female if he didn't find her attractive... whatever that means/meant for Sheldon. :):):)

I only started faithfully watching Big Bang when I saw The Lunar Excitation. Something about the Shamy meeting just grabbed my attention and has kept it since. I came to really enjoy the other characters but seeing Shamy interact just makes me happy. Those double takes and looks that Sheldon gives her when he thinks she isn't looking say so much about how he feels about her. :yes::yes::yes:

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jenafan said:

She liked him enough to go on three dates with him before he botched it by talking about Sheldon the whole time.   I think when he asked her why they broke up, it got her wheels turning wondering what in the world she was doing.   

Like Sheldon, Dave spends the whole evening talking about himself and his interests (which is Sheldon), while admiring the fact that she's there listening to him and putting up with him.    If Amy can't have the real thing, she'll accept a substitute by proxy through Dave.

Your right, I defiantly think that on that first date when Dave asked her why she ended it was what started her wish to reconcile with Sheldon at the end of the Thanksgiving episode. The fact that she had a nice time with him was just another reason why she missed their relationship. The Sheldon said no so Dave was, like you said, a clean substitute. 

Kind of bizzare isn't it? How Amy was thinking about her and using Dave to get what she wanted yet she also shamed Sheldon for being so 'me me me' all the time. It's like Amy went 'I've had enough' and got feisty! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tayryn said:

I only started faithfully watching Big Bang when I saw The Lunar Excitation. Something about the Shamy meeting just grabbed my attention and has kept it since. I came to really enjoy the other characters but seeing Shamy interact just makes me happy. Those double takes and looks that Sheldon gives her when he thinks she isn't looking say so much about how he feels about her. :yes::yes::yes:

this is exactly me. When they started airing it here I was really happy. i thought, " Great!!! finally a sitcom i can watch in English and enjoy"  but I wouldn't call myself an avid viewer. Then I caught 3.24. I recognized Mayim because I used to watch Blossom... so that was one reason. The other reason was the spark these two characters had from day 1. Then i was hooked on the Shamy. 

And here we are 5 and a half years later getting the biggest pay off of all. Sheldon's growth in the 8 1/2 years of the show has been remarkable and the chemistry between Shamy  is still unbelievable. They are lovable for who they are , what they portray- 2 lonely people for whatever reason , coming together to find solace as one  and that's super for me! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jlove said:

I've never quoted my own post before.  That was a wild ride.

Thinking more about this discussion with Penny and Leonard in 6.14 I think it's actually quite telling.  Penny asks if he's ever going to sleep with Amy.  Then L & P ask him "what are you doin'?"  He DOESN'T say he is not attracted to her, or that he has no interest in sex.  That would be the most natural thing in the world to tell your two best friends who have suggested they think that is the case anyway if that were indeed the truth.

Instead he expains that all his life he has struggled with physical contact.  He also he says he is working on it, giving an example with Amy.

When Penny clarifies that he's saying there is a chance that someday he and Amy "might get physical," he thinks a moment and says "it's a possibility."

He clearly says WHY he isn't intimate with her (and it's not because he's not interested in sex), says he's working on it and says it may happen.  I think sex has actually been his goal for quite some time.  His issues are difficult and though he's working on them he knows he has a lot to overcome, so he's measured in his response.  He wants to succeed in dealing with his own "stuff" but is unsure how successful he'll be.  That's a pretty mature and honest answer.  It's been nearly three years since that time and we've seen the fruit of his work on overcoming his issues as he and Amy have gotten increasing more physical.  Now he's come far enough that he's ready for sex - something he has, as I said before, been actively, purposefully, intentionally working toward.  I'm happy for him.

For some reason this post makes me tear up a little. It's so touching to see Sheldon trying to change for Amy as early as season 6. I used to think Sheldon likes Amy mostly because of her patience and company. But I now think he felt something different with Amy from the first sight, maybe no love, but he was definitely attracted to her even in season 4. That's why he's always open to changes when it comes to Amy. 

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Amy Fowler said:

Mmm Jim's smile

Mmmmm David's profile

Mmm Jim in general

 

image.jpeg.d81e2caffc954a49e99809c10eb52

Edit: Jim needs to have his back to us more. I know we've all seen his bare back but this is hot. Amy musta gone crazy when she saw Sheldon topless 

I really need to stop

Never stop...Jim is just awesome

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Amy Fowler said:

image.jpeg.d81e2caffc954a49e99809c10eb52

Edit: Jim needs to have his back to us more. I know we've all seen his bare back but this is hot. Amy musta gone crazy when she saw Sheldon topless 

I really need to stop

giphy.gif
Ok, IMO that's nothing special there, but there's not a gif or a meme called "dat back" so I had to take this one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ATOB said:

I did. And when he shows some primary attraction I will be digging out a gif of Sheldon saying "I so informed you thusly" (but I probably won't be able to post it, like earlier).

Till then, that's a zombie, sorry.

Ok that's fine BUT this is the thread for Shamy not the 'Sheldon's sexuality' thread. It was an interesting extension of the Coitus discussion but now it is just going round and is off topic.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Just  gonna leave this here.....

 

tumblr_mhrkcnQW5t1rn4qwao1_500.gif

 

This scene. My very first post (or 2nd post) on the forum was how amazing he looked strollin' through that apartment.

Wow. LOL.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Ok that's fine BUT this is the thread for Shamy not the 'Sheldon's sexuality' thread. It was an interesting extension of the Coitus discussion but now it is just going round and is off topic.

 

Well, to be fair, though you know how I feel about the topic (and the endless rehashing), I think the thread is for Shamy, Amy OR Sheldon discussions, right?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

He is just super hot in that episode and indeed the latter part of that season

tumblr_lzjmkcXg7J1qg8gy8o3_r4_250.gif

tumblr_lzwr5e3MMN1r48g98o3_250.gif

tumblr_ma5cfeuaFd1rr72xvo1_250.gif

For me he looks hotter at seasons 7, 8 and this one. I rather 7th. He looked good at season 5 but not that hot to me. I don't know, maybe is something about the hair.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.