Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

So IMDB have an option to 'add a plot' for episodes..

 565fb79a3ee1a_ScreenShot2015-12-03at03.3

Anyone care to write a short description of what happens in this episode? :icon_redface:

ess6W8Q.gif.02aa3a406ad9ad107dd8301dc7e0

"Our belovéd nerds experience the newest Star Wars movie for the very first time, et cetera. Heavy emphasis on the et cetera. You'll enjoy it more than you think you will!"

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tmp said:

I'm not surprised the promo pics for Earworm don't include Shamy kissing, since they don't want to give away the ending.  However, I'm very surprised how much is revealed in the episode summary given through my cable provider.  There's also a factual error.  It reads,

"Sheldon realizes how significant Amy is to him after a song gets stuck in his head, and he rushes to Amy with the hope that they may be able to salvage their relationship; Professor Proton's ghost pays Sheldon an unexpected visit."

The way I read the TR for Earworm, the song was stuck in Sheldon's head for a while before he figured out what it was about.  It being about Amy was a big reveal, which means this teaser includes a pretty big spoiler.  They also have PP a week early.

Premature Proton? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

So IMDB have an option to 'add a plot' for episodes..

 565fb79a3ee1a_ScreenShot2015-12-03at03.3

Anyone care to write a short description of what happens in this episode? :icon_redface:

ess6W8Q.gif.02aa3a406ad9ad107dd8301dc7e0

I'll be as short as possible:
"They fuck"
"They who?" you may ask. Well, that's the surprise factor to hold the people in front of the tv.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kazzie said:

 

Me and Tomasina were testing the T-Shirt theory at 9.10 and everything seemed to fit. I am happy to report that the Blue T-shirt from Love Spell makes an appearance again (Yes I freaked out at seeing him in it) during the scene which he is handing away his Star Wars ticket. The black melting cube T-shirt appears also (I Think the scene were he is asking the girls advice on a gift) He is wearing the Green Lantern T-shirt o during the scenes in which he figures out the song is about her and goes to get his girl back.

 

People CAN be attracted to someone by appearance alone. Even before attraction for personality comes into play. I personally wouldn't rule out someone being attractive because they were an un-matched sexual orientation to me... I find Jim incredibly handsome. 

I remember my brain started melting and I was sure I wasn't remember the shirts properly when I realized the direction the episode was going.

For the last part of your quote,  it reminds me of what Leslie said: Come for the boobs, stay for the brains (or personality, mutual interests,  returned affection,  whatever keeps you going)

Edited by Tomasina
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why this dude is obsessed with Jim Parson's sexuality.  I think it's the 2nd time he has mentioned it. I personally find Jim very attractive-tall, beautiful eyes, amazing smile, and Dat ass!  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I'm no sure why women are attracted to a gay man.

Probably for the same reason men are attracted to lesbians.  They find them physically attractive.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, nickelette424 said:

Probably for the same reason men are attracted to lesbians.  They find them physically attractive.

Although you may have a point there I have not heard anyone outside this thread that thought he was attractive. My wife certainly doesn't.  My original comment was agreeing with sarah7. While this is a Shamy, Sheldon, Amy thread this isn't a Jim Parsons thread. He has his own thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Although you may have a point there I have not heard anyone outside this thread that thought he was attractive. My wife certainly doesn't.  My original comment was agreeing with sarah7. While this is a Shamy, Sheldon, Amy thread this isn't a Jim Parsons thread. He has his own thread.

Alright.
People, go admire Jim's gay handsomeness at his own thread.
shame.gif

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Hey guys, but isn't he dress Amy wears in the promo pic during her dinner with Dave the same she wore on her first date with him (and that she wore on some other occasions in the past seasons)? It doesn't look a new one, to me...maybe the cardigan is new, but not sure about it, it looks familiar too...

I was going crazy trying to remember where I had seen this dress but finally remembered that i saw it in episode 8x03 The First Pitch Insufficiency

s9e10_amy_dave.jpg.d2df71e250792c7ce1a70 s8e03FirstPitch_Amy_Sheldon.jpg.fd315b08

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bluebird said:

Do you think Amy will find out that Sheldon was that close to propose before the break up? Or that he was going to propose again after the documentary and saw her kissing Dave?  If she does, I really hope it will be after the actual proposal. 

 

i used to be in favor of Amy seeing the video and learning of the ring and his mindset, but at this point with everyone apparently happy with the new situation what would be the point? it would probably only bring sadness and conjure up all the break up feelings again for both of them. they really never had "the talk" per se, and its been argued that the detailed talk was unnecessary and that sheldon, from his new found treatment of the relationship, "gets it" without the need for the talk. im good with that...

still, in an alternate universe i would definitely be curious as to how Amy would react to seeing that video, aint gonna lie

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still so very happy for my Shamy babies. Work is all I have time for anymore. :icon_cry: I was finally able to log on and read what's happening in the Shamy thread. Cannot wait for the next episode to air. Thank you writers!!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jenafan said:

All we know at this point, is that Lore and/or Molaro say they are not done with the ring.   It will come up again, and I'm sure whatever speculation we come up with on when and how will be wrong.   

Perhaps Sheldon proposes to her, and Amy gets cold feet thinking it is because they are now intimate, and he feels marrying her is something he's obligated to do now rather than something he's wanted all along.   

Some how or some way, I think she needs to know that the intention was always there.  The documentary is sitting over Sheldon's head.   Whether or not it ever gets mentioned again, remains to be seen, but I think the writers had it recorded and left it in Wil Wheaton's hands for a reason.

Not only did the thing get recorded by Adam Nimoy, but if Sheldon's security camera was active, it would be taped on that as well.

ah, i forgot about Wheaton! seems like forever ago when we were all talkin about that episode lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nickelette424 said:

I disagree.  I do think he looks at it with romantic expectations.  I believe the difference comes in the fact that she has been building this up in her head for years and years, yet his want to do this has been recent.  I don't think he has given himself to dream up all these different scenarios and fixate on them.   I always thought that Amy would freeze a bit when the time came because she spent so much of her time trying to get Sheldon to want this or worrying about whether or not he would ever want this, and romanticizing the whole thing, instead of focusing on what this really meant for her and what it really means to be intimate.

exactly...its the old saying "be careful what you wish for"...in the prom episode amy tells Sheldon she is "always hoping" when it comes to sex. yeah, duh....and for ANYONE in her position longing for the first sexual moment with someone youve been in a long term relationship with, youre gonna be anxious and nervous as hell (yet still excited) when the time finally comes. AND in this case Amy is a 30 something virgin to boot--never having experienced sex at all adds another dimension all together. 

i think i wouldve needed to polish off a bottle of wine before getting the nerve....

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jenafan said:

I don't believe Amy is open to experiments, or that she is looking to have sex for the sake of sex.   For one, she went out with (3) men.   There's always Stuart and Kripke who would be more than willing to give her a ride.   It not like she wouldn't be able to find a man who was willing to give her the experience if that was what she was really after.

Regarding the issue with Zack, she had just discovered her urges.   Amy owned up to it.  Sheldon tried to deny it.  He was jealous, and Amy called him on it.   It was Sheldon that freaked out about finding a way to solve her "problem" because he couldn't be with her as a friend as long as she was horny, and he wasn't willing to do anything about it with himself.   Henceforth, in order to get Amy back to normal, his solution was to let her get it over with by getting Zack to agree to have coitus with her.   Again, this was Sheldon taking the lead here, and Amy just went along with his guidance.    When she approached Zack, she looked apprehensive and said it was something she had to do, not that she wanted to.   Sheldon didn't like it and wanted her to quickly get it over with.   As soon as Zack opened his mouth, Amy realized how ridiculous the whole notion was and was going to use Sheldon's suggestion of Kolinahr instead, because it's worked for him.  (Yes, Sheldon has to carry that cross as well).   However, by casually shaking Zack's hand, Amy inadvertently got her release. 

Sheldon seemed relieved by the outcome.    When Amy took Sheldon's hand down the alley, it seemed that he did nothing for her, not because she wasn't into Sheldon, but due to the urge already having been taken care of.    Interestingly, Sheldon didn't yank his hand out from hers.  He only opened it up.

Amy has always been recluse, wearing layers to maintain her modesty.   If she wanted to experiment with sex, she'd certainly have made herself more accessible for it.   Regarding her attraction to Zack, well admiring the way a man looks and getting turned on does not equate to wanting to have sex with him.   Enjoying eye candy does not necessarily mean wanting to take a bite of it, especially when you don't know what you will find on the inside.   In Zack's case, it was the lack of intellect behind his appealing exterior.

Amy's interest has always been solely for Sheldon, and she may have gone out on a few dates and had dinner with Dave, but it's because she's looking for companionship, attention, and to be wanted and needed.   It's not because she wants to hop into bed with any of them.   She flinches at just a mere kiss from Dave.   With Sheldon, she moves in and clings on, begging for more.    Why?   Because admires, trusts, and loves him.    Quite frankly, he moves her with both brain power and physical attraction, something no other man has been able to achieve.   It's so strong, that she's willing to cover his annoyances and difficulties to hold on to him, when she could choose to keep trying to look for something better.    

Amy has had urges a lot longer than Sheldon, but her desire to fill them has always been for Sheldon.   While it is true that Amy has been waiting a lot longer for sex than he has, what really matters is that they both want it now only with each other, and they both end up satisfied with the result emotionally as well as physically.

WOW! i mean, WOW!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I'm no sure why women are attracted to a gay man.

Well I am not sure women are attracted to all gay men, but I know I find some gay men appealing and handsome because of the following:


1)  Many gay men have charming personalities and are very friendly 

2) They are not a threat typically (no abuse, rape, etc. perspective)

3) They often share a lot of common interests and are easy to talk to 

4) They often are very caring and kind and good listeners

5) Many have good hygiene, good sense of fashion and that makes them more appealing as well

6) Many are very attractive physically as well as intelligent, although physical attractiveness comes after all the great personality aspects IMO

7) As far as gay actors, they often are very romantic in their portrayals and show a lot of heart

 

6 hours ago, jenafan said:

I don't believe Amy is open to experiments, or that she is looking to have sex for the sake of sex.   For one, she went out with (3) men.   There's always Stuart and Kripke who would be more than willing to give her a ride.   It not like she wouldn't be able to find a man who was willing to give her the experience if that was what she was really after.

Regarding the issue with Zack, she had just discovered her urges.   Amy owned up to it.  Sheldon tried to deny it.  He was jealous, and Amy called him on it.   It was Sheldon that freaked out about finding a way to solve her "problem" because he couldn't be with her as a friend as long as she was horny, and he wasn't willing to do anything about it with himself.   Henceforth, in order to get Amy back to normal, his solution was to let her get it over with by getting Zack to agree to have coitus with her.   Again, this was Sheldon taking the lead here, and Amy just went along with his guidance.    When she approached Zack, she looked apprehensive and said it was something she had to do, not that she wanted to.   Sheldon didn't like it and wanted her to quickly get it over with.   As soon as Zack opened his mouth, Amy realized how ridiculous the whole notion was and was going to use Sheldon's suggestion of Kolinahr instead, because it's worked for him.  (Yes, Sheldon has to carry that cross as well).   However, by casually shaking Zack's hand, Amy inadvertently got her release. 

Sheldon seemed relieved by the outcome.    When Amy took Sheldon's hand down the alley, it seemed that he did nothing for her, not because she wasn't into Sheldon, but due to the urge already having been taken care of.    Interestingly, Sheldon didn't yank his hand out from hers.  He only opened it up.

Amy has always been recluse, wearing layers to maintain her modesty.   If she wanted to experiment with sex, she'd certainly have made herself more accessible for it.   Regarding her attraction to Zack, well admiring the way a man looks and getting turned on does not equate to wanting to have sex with him.   Enjoying eye candy does not necessarily mean wanting to take a bite of it, especially when you don't know what you will find on the inside.   In Zack's case, it was the lack of intellect behind his appealing exterior.

Amy's interest has always been solely for Sheldon, and she may have gone out on a few dates and had dinner with Dave, but it's because she's looking for companionship, attention, and to be wanted and needed.   It's not because she wants to hop into bed with any of them.   She flinches at just a mere kiss from Dave.   With Sheldon, she moves in and clings on, begging for more.    Why?   Because admires, trusts, and loves him.    Quite frankly, he moves her with both brain power and physical attraction, something no other man has been able to achieve.   It's so strong, that she's willing to cover his annoyances and difficulties to hold on to him, when she could choose to keep trying to look for something better.    

Amy has had urges a lot longer than Sheldon, but her desire to fill them has always been for Sheldon.   While it is true that Amy has been waiting a lot longer for sex than he has, what really matters is that they both want it now only with each other, and they both end up satisfied with the result emotionally as well as physically.

Agree...only I do think that Sheldon deep down knew Amy would turn Zack away.   He knew she would not go through with it otherwise why did he stick around and wait until she came back from talking to Zack?  If he truly felt she would leave with Zack, he would have left the bar.   I think he knew in his subconscious that she would not go through with it.   Otherwise, all the rest is exactly my thoughts! :girlwink: 

7 hours ago, nickelette424 said:

I disagree.  I do think he looks at it with romantic expectations.  I believe the difference comes in the fact that she has been building this up in her head for years and years, yet his want to do this has been recent.  I don't think he has given himself to dream up all these different scenarios and fixate on them.   I always thought that Amy would freeze a bit when the time came because she spent so much of her time trying to get Sheldon to want this or worrying about whether or not he would ever want this, and romanticizing the whole thing, instead of focusing on what this really meant for her and what it really means to be intimate.

Agree! :yes:  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cutiepie said:

I was going crazy trying to remember where I had seen this dress but finally remembered that i saw it in episode 8x03 The First Pitch Insufficiency

s9e10_amy_dave.jpg.d2df71e250792c7ce1a70 s8e03FirstPitch_Amy_Sheldon.jpg.fd315b08

Thank you!!! It was familiar, I knew it!!! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gbb said:

Because while Jim might be gay, we're not?

I was going to say the same thing!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Not sure why this dude is obsessed with Jim Parson's sexuality.  I think it's the 2nd time he has mentioned it. I personally find Jim very attractive-tall, beautiful eyes, amazing smile, and Dat ass!  

Will you marry me? LOL!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.