The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

3 hours ago, Ranger Rosa said:

Alright.
People, go admire Jim's gay handsomeness at his own thread.
shame.gif

Alrighty, I'm not.  I'm admiring Sheldon's handsomeness in this thread.  :icon_redface:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, vonmar said:

All hail the T-Shirt theory...this show kills me...If he was wearing the green shirt when he goes to get her:

This is the color of balance and harmony. From a color psychology perspective, it is the great balancer of the heart and the emotions, creating equilibrium between the head and the heart.

http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-green.html

I LOVE the T-shirt theory. I had a serious mind-blown moment when I read about it the first time. I mean it's brilliant! I always enjoy your T-shirt theory posts vonmar

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, overdosedcanary said:

Hey guys, here is a topic besides discussing about the actors: When will they do it again? Next episode or in some special ocassions? 

image.jpg

That gif cracks me up every time. LOL.

Maybe New Years? 

" It's social convention that we bring in the new year with a bang." 

LOL!

Edited by MJistheBOMB
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, overdosedcanary said:

Hey guys, here is a topic besides discussing about the actors: When will they do it again? Next episode or in some special ocassions? 

image.jpg

I think they'll do like with the kissing...not mentioned for a couple of episodes and then it'll be raised again but not as a major plot point.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, overdosedcanary said:

image.jpg

I have seriously no idea.. I really depends on which way the writers will take this new intimacy aspect of their relationship. Yet I'm confident that it will happen long before her next birthday! They could explore it more or just have it fade in the background with a couple of comments here and there indicating that they're doing it. Who knows with these writers anymore, anything's possible haha.

15 minutes ago, MJistheBOMB said:

That gif cracks me up every time. LOL.

Maybe New Years? 

" It's social convention that we bring in the new year with a bang." 

LOL!

LOL! They'd be creating their own fireworks :icon_twisted:

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, overdosedcanary said:

On Bill Prady's twitter account someone asked if in the next episode taped there would be "sex talk" and he (sadly) said "Nope"...I don't know if he was joking, and I think it would be strange if at least  the boys don't mention at all this fact, after having poked fun at Sheldon for 9 years about it,  or the girls don't ask Amy details, but to me it make really sense that somehow they let everything sink a little bit. This is a huge change for Sheldon's character, the discussions we are having here (and we are all Shamy fans, so we have always been very welcoming for this change to happen) show that maybe the general audience need to be reassured that Sheldon is still Sheldon, and that the "change" has not altered his personality. The last two episodes are so monumental for him, he is doing in his own way such big steps out of his comfort zone ( 9.10 more than 9.11, The Earworm Reverberation is for me the turning point, whatever happens after it is just a natural consequence of Sheldon being aware of what Amy really means to him and of the depth of his feelings towards her) that I may foresee many people asking themselves what the hell is happening with Sheldon's character. I know that it was a "natural" evolution and, all things considered, everything was done gently and IC, but maybe the general audience might be a little concerned about it. So, if I have to try to guess (and I'm not very good at it, but it's fun to speculate) I'll say that for some time we will not hear very much about their sexual life, maybe it will be implied that they spend some nights together, but I don't see them making a big deal out of it. I don't think it will be once a year, but I don't think either that from now on we will see them act like teens that have just discovered sex.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

And also, incidentally, I do NOT think that it is evidence of a lack of interest for Sheldon to bring up Star Wars when he is talking about the event with PP. Thank the Lord he isn't saying 'Screw Star Wars I have coitused Amy with my genitals!' Because then we would worry that the writers had gone too far normalising Sheldon. In fact, what he is saying is subtler and far more important, to me. For me, it is evidence that Sheldon has fully integrated Coitus With Amy as one of the awesome things in his life. He is saying is 'I love Amy, I love Star Wars, and it turns out I love coitus with Amy'.

(Not to mention that I have a theory that 'Star Wars' is a stand-in for 'coitus' in the dream. I don't need that for the argument above, though.)

Exactly. I keep saying this but first of all, sex with Amy is still on his mind in form of PP, and secondly, being excited about other things as well is... uhm... pretty normal? Unless one subscribes to this nonsense that as a man he surely must be thinking about sex 24/7 now and everything else must pale by comparison, I don't really see him being excited by the new Star Wars movie as a big deal. It also goes hand in hand with what Jim said in the recent interview: Sheldon hasn't been treating sex as this life changing moment in the same way Amy did. He didn't have these huge expectations while waiting and waiting for it to happen. And as the writers have said many times, Amy embraces all those social expectations about love and romance and all that, while Sheldon doesn't care for that. So while I'm certain he thinks of it as a milestone for his and Amy's relationship, it isn't surprising that it's not a life changer as such and he still gets excited by other things. And why the hell shouldn't he?

13 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

On Bill Prady's twitter account someone asked if in the next episode taped there would be "sex talk" and he (sadly) said "Nope"...I don't know if he was joking, and I think it would be strange if at least  the boys don't mention at all this fact, after having poked fun at Sheldon for 9 years about it,  or the girls don't ask Amy details, but to me it make really sense that somehow they let everything sink a little bit. This is a huge change for Sheldon's character, the discussions we are having here (and we are all Shamy fans, so we have always been very welcoming for this change to happen) show that maybe the general audience need to be reassured that Sheldon is still Sheldon, and that the "change" has not altered his personality. The last two episodes are so monumental for him, he is doing in his own way such big steps out of his comfort zone ( 9.10 more than 9.11, The Earworm Reverberation is for me the turning point, whatever happens after it is just a natural consequence of Sheldon being aware of what Amy really means to him and of the depth of his feelings towards her) that I may foresee many people asking themselves what the hell is happening with Sheldon's character. I know that it was a "natural" evolution and, all things considered, everything was done gently and IC, but maybe the general audience might be a little concerned about it. So, if I have to try to guess (and I'm not very good at it, but it's fun to speculate) I'll say that for some time we will not hear very much about their sexual life, maybe it will be implied that they spend some nights together, but I don't see them making a big deal out of it. I don't think it will be once a year, but I don't think either that from now on we will see them act like teens that have just discovered sex.

If we assume the episodes play out in real time then the next story is set in January. That's a couple of weeks since it happened - I suppose we could easily assume that most of the gang's reaction has happened by then off-screen and things have cooled down a bit.

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Lionne said:

Well, if the title of the episode indeed includes the word Sublimation, that supports the theory I came up with after hearing that Sheldon and Amy's bedroom sets did not get striked after the taping, but instead were left up, as if they were going to be used at the next one. My idea being that Amy and Sheldon agree on some sort of fairly conservative schedule for sex, or even that sex won't happen again until her birthday, which cuts to them in bed together, having just done "it" once again. They decide perhaps Sheldon's place is safer than Amy's place to hang out in, only to end up in Sheldon's bed having broken their vow to abstain from having coitus too often.

I remember there were some pictures of both sets being still up after the taping with some covers over the bed (for avoiding dust, I guess). But I have a genuine curiosity about it, I'm not familiar with how in TV shows swing sets are built up and strilked after their use. Is it possible that they would have left them up if they were going to be on a three weeks hiatus? I mean, something could have happened in the meantime and damage them, or at least there would be a lot of dust to clean up (covers or not covers). How much time does it take to built a set? Really curious about it, I'd like to know more things about the BTS stuff and all that keeps a show going besides writing and acting!

BTW...I like you theory, Lionne!

Edited by mirs1

Exciting week ahead for us all :) . 

TR if we are lucky on Tuesday , then E10 on Thursday !!!!! Can't wait .

BTW - I can't stop watching the ET clip and am constantly drawn to the adorably sweet way Sheldon rubs Amy's shoulder when they settle into the kiss - it gives me goose bumps , amazing acting choice :) 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, koops said:

eta: I also want to say though, that I would be a bit disappointed if we don't see any of the gang's reactions to this and have to just assume they happened off screen. It's a huge change in the way they perceive Sheldon/their relationship, especially in the light of all those "they think our relationship is a joke" comments. I don't know, I feel like to me part of the most interesting stuff about these big events is to see how the others react to it and I kind of felt cheated out of that a lot with the breakup, other than a bit of Lenny stuff here and there. Friends gossip, and there's a lot of comedy in that (looking at you, Herb Garden!), so I would hope we get at least *something*.

I would be disappointed too, that part would be so funny! There are so many possibilities in it! And it could be a nice B (or even C) plot while they're are focusing on something else. Anyway, as you told, the writers have been so unpredictable this season that it is really difficult to guess!

I still think the concern about how the audience perceive Sheldon's character from now on will be a "thing", also in the interviews everybody was underlining that everything possible was done to keep him IC and Molaro himself spoke about the episode as a way to wrap the story arc, but I like also the points that have been raised by other posters this morning. Who knows? It would be fun to watch either case, now bad times for Shamy are far away (I hope), so I'll just seat comfortably and enjoy the view!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, April said:

It's particularly ridiculous when the whole premise of the story was that yes, he loves Amy more than Star Wars, hence why he's choosing to celebrate her birthday instead of seeing the movie.

HA! Exactly. I wouldn't pass up, I don't know, front -row theatre tickets to Much Ado starring Michael Fassbender to boink just anyone, I can tell you. Unless that someone were Herr Fassbender himself (not least because then I would not, in fact, BE passing up the starring performance by Fassy).

sadly, at the time of writing, neither the performance nor coitus with Fassbender is imminent, but you take my meaning.

• Like 7

I think it'll be strange if they never bring up the sex subject again, especially since they've make such a big deal of their first time. Also they left that line of Sheldon can't wait for Amy's next birthday. If I were one of the general audience, sure I'll be shocked by the coitus, but I'll be more shocked if their sex is a once-a-year thing. That's just ridiculous, even for Sheldon.

But I don't think we'll see them in bed or passionate kiss anytime soon. The show probably deal with their sex the same way as SIK by giving us hints that they're having sex regularly.