The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

I haven't been around for quite a while, but I am so glad to have Shamy back!!!

During the "seperation time" I was hardly interested in getting spoiled or to read taping reports. I watched all the episodes but it wasn't like I could hardly wait for the next episode and to watch it as soon as possible.

Now that Shamy is back I really cannot wait for the next episode AT ALL! One week is waaay too long!

Edited by MissSarah
removed spelling mistake
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, stardustmelody said:

Agree...only I do think that Sheldon deep down knew Amy would turn Zack away.   He knew she would not go through with it otherwise why did he stick around and wait until she came back from talking to Zack?  If he truly felt she would leave with Zack, he would have left the bar.   I think he knew in his subconscious that she would not go through with it.   Otherwise, all the rest is exactly my thoughts! :girlwink: 

It never occurred to me to put two and two together like that, but you are right.    Was Sheldon just planning on standing there in the entryway while they did it the bathroom, alley, or something?

Then again, it's Sheldon.   He is smart, and he knows Amy.    I think he knew she had no interest in Zack and she would come to her senses.   Maybe having her turn him down made Amy more attractive to him, because she did end up being stronger than her urges.

Thanks for pointing his out.   I agree with you.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, jlove said:

I'm definitely going with Sublimation as the last word.  It has two great meanings that could apply to the episode.  Not only the potentially sex-related one that someone posted, but in science sublimation is the process of a substance transitioning directly from a solid to a gas without going through the liquid form, and a gas condensing directly to a solid state again without passing through a liquid form.  (Think dry ice - solid straight to a vapor).

The episode could have further development of Leonard and Sheldon's theory and something about Shamy's relationship (the gang resopnding to the news, or whatever.)

Sublimation fits with the enhancement of the script, especially the "bli" in front of the "mation", taken into account the correct spacing. I think there aren't really any other possibilities that fit.

The first connotation I had was with the physical meaning, lol... Now hoping not to be too much nitpickery, but as a physicist I always understood sublimation as the transition from solid to gas state, but not the other way round - that would be resublimation (at least if I try to translate it from German, I don't know if that's correct in English as well). It would be great if there was some science involved in the next episode!

I wasn't even aware of the other meaning, but that would be so much fun, e.g. Sheldon developing some secret cravings like starting to make brownies in the middle of the night because he doesn't realize it's Amy he wants:-)

• Like 8

I haven't posted here in a really long time, but I wanted to say that after reading the taping reports for the next two episodes, I'm very satisfied and happy with how the writers handled everything that is coming (finally).  It would have been nice to see more of Amy's side and her feelings during the breakup, but other than that, I feel they've handled it well.  It's been soooo long since I've read a big bang theory taping report.  After so many years of waiting, it almost seems unreal.

• Like 3

Lionne's idea is pretty perfect, it also leads to a possibility that his "spirit guides" were right, and that releasing the tension created by suppressing his humanity will allow him to concentrate more fully on his work.  Constantly suppressing your physical and emotional needs saps your energy.  Though I would hate for the psychic to be right.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, shamour said:

I wasn't even aware of the other meaning, but that would be so much fun, e.g. Sheldon developing some secret cravings like starting to make brownies in the middle of the night because he doesn't realize it's Amy he wants:-)

I like this!

maybe the title is The Midnight Sublimation :icon_cool:

• Like 7

I was thinking about something Jim and Mayim said in their ET interview; they both seemed really surprised by the turns of the events, like they didn't believe the writers would ever have gone that path.  Now, from the beginning of this season in this thread many of us were remarking how many hints there were in the scripts about where the show was going; in almost every episode Sheldon made kind of sexual innuendos and almost all of them were made on purpose. I didn't imagine that coitus was coming so close to the reconciliation, truth to be told, but it seemed to me that something was "moving" in that area and I thought after the TR of 9.10 that Season 9 was going to be the lucky one...I get that Mayim could not know about those innuendos, she doesn't watch the show and she wasn't in  Sheldon's scenes most of the time. But Jim of course had to know his own lines, and had to make some acting choices about them; it's weird he didn't notice that or he didn't connect this change in Sheldon's way to speak about sex with a Sheldon's different attitude towards sex. Did I read too much in those innuendos? Did the actors underestimates the courage of their writers? Am I overanalyzing the whole thing? (LOL!!!)

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, koops said:

(also, interesting that Proton/Sheldon's conscience says "I hope this isn't a sex dream"), 

Yes, I thought that part was so funny.  If we take that this is all Sheldon's subconscious that means he does have sex dreams and hopes Arthur isn't about to play into one...LOL!

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I was thinking about something Jim and Mayim said in their ET interview; they both seemed really surprised by the turns of the events, like they didn't believe the writers would ever have gone that path.  Now, from the beginning of this season in this thread many of us were remarking how many hints there were in the scripts about where the show was going; in almost every episode Sheldon made kind of sexual innuendos and almost all of them were made on purpose. I didn't imagine that coitus was coming so close to the reconciliation, truth to be told, but it seemed to me that something was "moving" in that area and I thought after the TR of 9.10 that Season 9 was going to be the lucky one...I get that Mayim could not know about those innuendos, she doesn't watch the show and she wasn't in  Sheldon's scenes most of the time. But Jim of course had to know his own lines, and had to make some acting choices about them; it's weird he didn't notice that or he didn't connect this change in Sheldon's way to speak about sex with a Sheldon's different attitude towards sex. Did I read too much in those innuendos? Did the actors underestimates the courage of their writers? Am I overanalyzing the whole thing? (LOL!!!)

This is true ! But also Mayim did say it was the first thing Jim asked her when they passed in the corridor :) .....maybe his subcontious was wondering !!!!

Edited by Soopysue
Erm typo, Jim's name became Zoom for a while there!!
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I think what Jim and Mayim meant was they didn't expect coitus this soon, not coitus itself. Also Jim said after he read the script he changed his mind and believed the time was perfectly right.

I used to believe Shamy's first time would be after they get married, later I thought maybe after engagement. So I was shocked too after 9.11's TR came out. After all they just got back together.

To be honest I wasn't totally happy with 9.11 at first because I found Sheldon a little desperate. It's like he did everything he could think of to please Amy. Then I understand that's because he's so in love with her and would do anything to prevent losing her again.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, shamour said:

Sublimation fits with the enhancement of the script, especially the "bli" in front of the "mation", taken into account the correct spacing. I think there aren't really any other possibilities that fit.

The first connotation I had was with the physical meaning, lol... Now hoping not to be too much nitpickery, but as a physicist I always understood sublimation as the transition from solid to gas state, but not the other way round - that would be resublimation (at least if I try to translate it from German, I don't know if that's correct in English as well). It would be great if there was some science involved in the next episode!

Yeah, me too, dictionary.com had the transition back to solid listed as well...weird, huh?

image.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

lol To be fair, he also clarifies that once he read the script he thought it was the right timing (or something along those lines). My best guess would be that he probably didn't think it would happen so soon after the reconciliation either. Back during the interview with Mayim from earlier in the season he actually agreed with her that they probably won't have make-up sex. I don't know if that is what he thought it would be when Mayim told him the news in the hallway, but it's certainly what a lot of people thought when they heard the news without any other context. After all the episode before that just ended with them passionately making out and Amy kicking the door shut. For any other couple that would've been the sign they'll hit the sheets.

And if we're honest, having like about one week between reconciliation and sex seems to be a way to give the occasion just about the right amount of time to frame this as something other than make-up sex while still kinda sorta keeping it with the tradition of, well, make-up sex.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

I think what Jim and Mayim meant was they didn't expect coitus this soon, not coitus itself. Also Jim said after he read the script he changed his mind and believed the time was perfectly right.

I used to believe Shamy's first time would be after they get married, later I thought maybe after engagement. So I was shocked too after 9.11's TR came out. After all they just got back together.

To be honest I wasn't totally happy with 9.11 at first because I found Sheldon a little desperate. It's like he did everything he could think of to please Amy. Then I understand that's because he's so in love with her and would do anything to prevent losing her again.

I too had a couple concerns after reading the TR, worrying along the same lines as you.  But I'm good now.  I don't like thinking of it like the bold part, though.  If he were only doing it so he wouldn't lose her again that would also not make me happy.  

I see it more like after he finally admitted what she meant to him and how much he wanted/needed her in his life he came to the point where he wanted to be with her in every way.  His walls are down, he's not a Vulcan, he realizes everything she is to him.  He decides he isn't going to hold her at arms length anymore, and complete intimacy (physical and emotional) is the natural outcome of that for him.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Now the line in Mayim interview about the fact JP doesn't want to have another scene like that ever takes a whole new meaning!!! Nipples make up is the weirdiest thing I ever heard!!

tv magic! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

lmao

• Like 4

OMC WHAT??? LMAOOOO! I didn't know they put makeup on their bodies too! LOL!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Now the line in Mayim interview about the fact JP doesn't want to have another scene like that ever takes a whole new meaning!!! Nipples make up is the weirdest thing I ever heard!!

When I first read that quote, I thought Jim meant that at least Mayim was lying on his chest covering up his nipple in the scene !!!:icon_cheesygrin: - I really need to read carefully and not skip stuff in my excitement :icon_redface: . 

And yes nipple make up sounds awful !!

• Like 2