The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

So is proton going to be in the next episode or the one after? Two reviews have now said the next one which is strange when he taped for the one after

6 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

So is proton going to be in the next episode or the one after? Two reviews have now said the next one which is strange when he taped for the one after

PP is in 9x11. I think some people may have gotten confused cause there's so much publicity for that episode, completely overlooking 9x10.

Omg what did I just read? Nipple makeup? LMAO! That sounds so bizzare!

The only thing I didn't like was how they described them as "On-again/Off-again couple.. I know it's because of Molaro's poor choice of words but still.. makes me mad :hysteric:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jenafan said:

I always found it interesting that Sheldon was intellectually attracted enough to Amy to want to consider having kids with her after only knowing her for four months, and their first real date discussion topic was mainly about sex.   While not discussing sex with each other, they were extremely comfortable with the topic.   

Sheldon found a female of his own species.  Of course he wanted to procreate and 'gift humanity with their progeny' but, to quote him in his reply to Penny, "Why on earth would we have sex?" when a test-tube will take care of the icky stuff very nicely indeed.

Amy wasn't his soul-mate then.  She is now.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cutiepie said:

body makeup? for Mayim? It has to do with her tattoo? and for Jim, nipple makeup?!??!?

WHAT!?

The "we're both the palest people ever" remark makes me think it's probably something to do with the lighting that sometimes can make pale skin look glaringly white on film. I once read an article about something like that but I can't for the life of me remember when and where. If someone has more in-depths knowledge feel free to chime in!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, cutiepie said:

body makeup? for Mayim? It has to do with her tattoo? and for Jim, nipple makeup?!??!?

WHAT!?

---------------------

This is Musickat speaking...for whatever bizarre reason I can't type after your quote. ANYWAY. The body makeup isn't surprising. The way that lighting and filming are you have to have flesh colored makeup on otherwise things get all washed out or colored weird. But I have to admit I never thought about putting makeup on nipples. LMAO

• Like 3

19 hours ago, jenafan said:

Damn straight, koops.   Had you been here weeks ago, I think this whole matter about Sheldon's wanting/not wanting Amy would have been wrapped up pretty quickly in a nutshell.

Whilst it's adorable that you are championing Koops, I should probably point out that she has actually declared on this site that she believes Sheldon is demisexual herself (she did do the 'labels are abhorrent' disclaimer thing first of course, don't worry).  

Mind you, she may well have changed her mind since I read that post, after all, I've changed mine.

Wave that favor higher, maybe she'll spear it on her lance? 

LadysFavor.JPG

17 hours ago, vonmar said:

Said from experience, stop commenting on the subject and stop quoting it, if it bothers you.  Every time you comment and/or quote, you bump the topic up to a most recent post and expose it to fresh eyes.

Please note, this is not a criticism, it is a fact, topics die when responses die.

Well said.  It's starting to bore me too tbh.

16 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

The thing is I wouldn't mind discussing this further in another thread (and just ignore that thread if it gets tedious) but it has just devolved into a slagging match because this is a busy thread 'fresh eyes' as you say, keep jumping in :( 

Not a slagging match.  The 'slagging' is wholly one-sided.  I don't believe I've told anyone that they can't think what they like, or post what they like, or told anyone where they can or can't post.

I have expressed my own opinion though.  I don't believe this breaks any rules.  

16 hours ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

I know a lot of people are sick of this conversation but just to clarify, do you feel Sheldon is literally consenting but not emotionally? I'm not totally opposed to people having extremely different viewpoints; it keeps us determined to prove our shipper hypotheses lol 

No, no, the very opposite in fact.  I think he's all in!  This was an act of pure and selfless love on his part.  Never underestimate the power of the desire to give pleasure.  I mean, although I wanted him to do it because he could no longer fight his own urges, the fact that this was about Amy and her wants and needs was just wonderful.  If the opposite was true it'd be awful.  Imagine that; jerk, jerk, squirt, "Okay, I'm done, how was it for you?", urgh!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

Now the line in Mayim interview about the fact JP doesn't want to have another scene like that ever takes a whole new meaning!!! Nipples make up is the weirdest thing I ever heard!!

HAHAHAHA you know, at first I actually didn't understand what the hell he was talking about, I was like "why would they need to cover up his nipple? Did they pluck the hairs out with tweezers before putting make-up on? Otherwise there'd be a ring of hair and no nipple".... Then I laughed for about five minutes at the image of the nipple-less rings of hair on Sheldon's chest , and the sound of Jim's howls from Hair & Makeup as the makeup girls plucked off his nipple-hair :sarcastichand:

....after which I came to my senses and realized that wasn't why they applied makeup there. But it was fun while it lasted.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

Now the line in Mayim interview about the fact JP doesn't want to have another scene like that ever takes a whole new meaning!!! Nipples make up is the weirdest thing I ever heard!!

Yeah, what the?!  People aren't supposed to have nipples so they makeup over a man's for a scene?  Huh?!

1 hour ago, Amy Fowler said:

Stupid quote function.

1 hour ago, Amy Fowler said:

WHY ARE THEY SO CUTEimage.jpeg.12fe412d1bb4150b955c9b1875768 

How beautiful is this picture of them just talking and being happy, no matter what's coming later that night?  :yahoo:

Edited by jlove
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, bluebird said:

The only thing I didn't like was how they described them as "On-again/Off-again couple.. I know it's because of Molaro's poor choice of words but still.. makes me mad :hysteric:

I have another problem.... I do not understand the choice and meaning of these words here at all! :icon_rolleyes::icon_cheesygrin:... really lol

IWf7q2eGKrc (2).jpg

Edited by AlFisher
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, ShLe94 said:

Okay, so the promo pics of 9x10 are up... I had a feeling there wouldn't be any Shamy kiss among them, and I was right! I think TPTB are teasing the unspoiled. I'm pretty sure some of the poor kids are thinking RN that the coitus is a 'friend with benefits' kind of thing... Oh boy, what a beautiful surprise is in store for them! :girlhaha: BTW, I'm so glad the wait is almost over! :yahoo: 9x10 seems the key to understand the whole break-up and its consequences (full emotional and physical intimacy)... That's why I'm eager to see how it is delivered on screen, maybe more than 9x11! Crazy, right? Let me assure you that

1176_4.gif.3e5ec02e37f62aa247d0455ee7b76  xD

As for 9x12,

I find your idea very intriguing, jlove! It would be the perfect way to have an ensemble episode with hints of the Shamy lovemaking and a science related plot at the same time! Kudos :good:

And now...

tumblr_nyqgr7rp2b1sq0wjgo2_540.gif.4c421tumblr_n6d31gPr9M1t90x77o2_r1_250.gif.28

Enjoy :wink:

Looove your post! <3

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wowbagger said:

A 'Locomotive Manipulation', if you will?

(I'll get my coat.)

Jena, while I am over the moon that koops is back and have indeed authorised an ankle monitor to prevent her from straying too far (Lio, chloe, nick, Rae, yours are in the mail), something tells me that this debate is beyond even her dialectical powers.

Something tells me that to close the debate, we would need CBS to get permission from the FCC to broadcast Sheldon masturbating furiously, then turn to the camera and say 'I was thinking of Amy Farrah Fowler while I was doing that. 'That' referring to the act of onanism. I was masturbating while thinking of Amy Farrah Fowler. Because I wants her, precious.' Or, better yet, a real-time video of Sheldon's erecting penis, with 'Amy Farrah Fowler' tattooed on the side. Hmmmm- there is a chance that I am attributing too much to Sheldon/JP's attributi.

But even then- even then- as boys points out, how do we really know what was going on in Sheldon's mind? Hmmm? Hmmmmmmmmm? He could have been thinking of trains (which tickles me pink because- didn't Hitchcock use the image of trains going into tunnels as a visual metaphor for sex once?)! He could have been thinking wistfully of string theory! He could be looking forward to a time when it was all over and he and Amy could curl up on the couch and watch, I don't know, Les Revenants (French zombie show. Surely, surely Sheldon and Amy would like this one).

In all seriousness, I actually don't object to this debate. Carping and nitpicking is far more in my wheelhouse than joy and rapture. My people tried fun once, five hundred years ago. We didn't like it.

But, as ever, I think that we actually agree on so many fundamentals that this exercise is (and I know I'm repeating myself here) mental masturbation.

We all agree that Sheldon loves Amy, and she him, yes?

We all agree that Amy desires Sheldon (and curiously, we are.....less indignant about her volte face into someone who wants sex, when she was presented so explicitly as not wanting coitus? But sure, sure, Sheldon's sexual appetites are far more interesting, because.........)

We seem to agree that Sheldon desires Amy? But we are querying the precise nature of the desire, yes? Well, let's say that Sheldon's desire for Amy is inextricably tied up with his love of her and respect for her mind and personhood (nick said once, ages ago, that Sheldon's interest in Amy was piqued at their very first encounter, and I agree. The moment when his arms unfold and he gestures towards the counter to offer her a beverage, was the moment that he stepped over the line). So, sure, Sheldon's love, respect and desire for Amy are all one big soup. And so? That doesn't invalidate the love, respect or desire. Again, I think we agree on this?

Are we concerned that Sheldon is being coerced or pressured? Well, you see, the writers have been very careful here to make the argument that Amy wanted back in unconditionally. There was no mention of a ring, we have no idea whether Amy had processed Sheldon's body language in the S8 finale and realised that he liked her that way (NO IDEA AT ALL JESUS WRITERS WOULD IT HAVE KILLED YOU TO SPEND A LITTLE MORE TIME ON AMY'S THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS OKAY YOGA BREATHS), but Amy wanted back in. And Sheldon must have realised that. All the messages that he had received about being an inadequate boyfriend until he gave Amy his genitals, Amy herself had refuted. 

So what we are left with is a Sheldon who says 'Fascinating', when Amy kisses him for the first time, who moves into the kiss and puts his hands on her hips as though it's the most natural thing in the world when he kisses her for the first time, who registers kissing her as such a major event that he brags about it to Stephen Hawking, who was moving in at a 45-degree angle and breathing 'Anyway....' when his lover walked out on him and who seems to have kissed her passionately at their reconciliation.

So I tend to think that, for Sheldon, sex with Amy (as well as commitment because Sheldon likes his commitment) was on the cards and soon. He just decided to have it happen on a meaningful date, because Sheldon is actually a big old romantic and he likes him his special occasions.

And also, incidentally, I do NOT think that it is evidence of a lack of interest for Sheldon to bring up Star Wars when he is talking about the event with PP. Thank the Lord he isn't saying 'Screw Star Wars I have coitused Amy with my genitals!' Because then we would worry that the writers had gone too far normalising Sheldon. In fact, what he is saying is subtler and far more important, to me. For me, it is evidence that Sheldon has fully integrated Coitus With Amy as one of the awesome things in his life. He is saying is 'I love Amy, I love Star Wars, and it turns out I love coitus with Amy'.

(Not to mention that I have a theory that 'Star Wars' is a stand-in for 'coitus' in the dream. I don't need that for the argument above, though.)

And also- did I dream it that he was also watching Amy's reactions and observed that she loved Star Wars too? Nobody else remembers this from the TR. (sits in a corner and worries about herself).

applause.gif

20 hours ago, ShLe94 said:

tumblr_nyqgr7rp2b1sq0wjgo2_540.gif.4c421tumblr_n6d31gPr9M1t90x77o2_r1_250.gif.28

Enjoy :wink:

I just noticed that in the embodiment of 4 season, Jim pulled his lips into a tube before the kiss.... just a revelation for me LOL

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, YlvaBorealis89 said:

HAHAHAHA you know, at first I actually didn't understand what the hell he was talking about, I was like "why would they need to cover up his nipple? Did they pluck the hairs out with tweezers before putting make-up on? Otherwise there'd be a ring of hair and no nipple".... Then I laughed for about five minutes at the image of the nipple-less rings of hair on Sheldon's chest , and the sound of Jim's howls from Hair & Makeup as the makeup girls plucked off his nipple-hair :sarcastichand:

....after which I came to my senses and realized that wasn't why they applied makeup there. But it was fun while it lasted.

They don't pluck.  They shave.  And not just nipples either.  And we'll leave it at that.....

1 minute ago, AlFisher said:

I just noticed that in the embodiment of 4 season, Jim pulled his lips into a tube before the kiss.... just a revelation for me LOL

I've seen some people elsewhere being all excited about how he's puckering up expecting the new kiss and I was so confused about that reaction because he's already doing that in S4! I always thought that's why he found it "fascinating". lol

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AlFisher said:

And now I'll never unsee it. :huh: Haha

(To clarify, specifically that his lips are so "tube" like lol)

Edited by Musickat18
  • Like 2

On 12/2/2015, 9:17:34, Tomasina said:

Bernadette asks if she thinks doing that with someone who's 6 foot 7 is a good idea. That's like taking your driver's test in a bus.

Sheldon's not exactly a midget, so I'd imagine he's in the region of a bus too.

Or, maybe a train. :icon_biggrin: 

ETA: Also, Bernadette spent a whole year "doing that" with someone who's 6'7".

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ATOB said:

They don't pluck.  They shave.  And not just nipples either.  And we'll leave it at that.....

Well I had fun at that mental image anyways :icon_razz:

22 hours ago, Listgirl said:

Seen something on tumblr: the title for 9.12 - The Repetitive Fornication. 

Well, in Workplace Proximity, Amy did say:-

I’m hoping to put his love of repetition to good use someday.

1 hour ago, cutiepie said:

WHAT!?

MAYIM HAS A TATTOO?!

58 minutes ago, bluebird said:

Molaro should just stop :laugh: 

51 minutes ago, April said:

The "we're both the palest people ever" remark makes me think it's probably something to do with the lighting that sometimes can make pale skin look glaringly white on film. I once read an article about something like that but I can't for the life of me remember when and where. If someone has more in-depths knowledge feel free to chime in!

It can do, I dunno if kazzie can confirm but as it was for the 'aftermath' scene the only light that should be coming into Amy's room is from the moon so the lightening they'd need to use would need to make it look natural in the space, some everyday make up would have shown up a different shade as compared to their natural skin tones under that lightening, I'm sure it was just patch work & not all over coverage so they just did to cover any imperfections so it could have looked odd if they didn't get the right mix of tones to mix with their skin. And as moonlight can make you look whiter than you are I'm guessing it was something make up where cautious about when touching them up.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

So IMDB have an option to 'add a plot' for episodes..

565fb79a3ee1a_ScreenShot2015-12-03at03.3

Anyone care to write a short description of what happens in this episode? :icon_redface:

ess6W8Q.gif.02aa3a406ad9ad107dd8301dc7e0

That gif just taunted me so I went ahead and submitted a short description:

"Shamy put the bang in The Big Bang Theory"-Batmannn

I doubt it'll be approved but it was fun anyway. 

Edited by MJistheBOMB
  • Like 2