[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

She is very funny...like her a lot..  So from the CBS news can we assume next epi will be light or not at all shammy related or CBS is tryin gto trick us again (like they did with 9.10 teaser ?)

One week to go... 

Edited by xjax

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

1 minute ago, xjax said:

She is very funny...like her a lot..  So from the CBS news can we assume next epi will be light or not at all shammy related ?

One week to go... 

Ah, this is not bad. We'll get two shamy episodes in a row, time to let them rest a little bit. Probably this will be the secondary plot. Leonard always needed professional help due his issues with his mother and I'm pretty sure that find out that Sheldon had sex can aggravate his mental sittuation :icon_wink:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xjax said:

She is very funny...like her a lot..  So from the CBS news can we assume next epi will be light or not at all shammy related ?

One week to go... 

Oh that's what I'm expecting and as it should be.  They will have spent 11 episodes on the Shamy breakup/makeup (just shy of half of the whole season). It's time to tell other stories.  I will be looking for some "b story" cuteness from them for a bit.  Time for some fun Shamy stuff. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Amy Fowler said:

MAYIM HAS A TATTOO?!

Molaro should just stop :laugh: 

It can do, I dunno if kazzie can confirm but as it was for the 'aftermath' scene the only light that should be coming into Amy's room is from the moon so the lightening they'd need to use would need to make it look natural in the space, some everyday make up would have shown up a different shade as compared to their natural skin tones under that lightening, I'm sure it was just patch work & not all over coverage so they just did to cover any imperfections so it could have looked odd if they didn't get the right mix of tones to mix with their skin. And as moonlight can make you look whiter than you are I'm guessing it was something make up where cautious about when touching them up.

4 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Highly unlikely, given her religion.

1 hour ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

This is what it looked like filming that scene, and there was an audience there too! I can not imagine being even a little bit naked in this situation and I'm a pretty confident person!

CUEaAOmUkAAbllT.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.c95

I multi quoted these but noticed most of you already answered.. Yes Mayim has a Tattoo and the lighting for both bedroom scenes were lights on (Normal)

• Like 5

They weren't even too shy/embarrassed to turn the lights out. :icon_redface: I find this incredibly romantic for some reason. But I suppose they're already pretty familiar with each others naked bodies, and they trust each other enough to not feel embarrassed about how they look during sex.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, littleknee said:

So forgive me if I’m way off topic or super repetitive (so much to catch up on in the 1 day I was offline) … but I was just re-reading one of the interviews from Mayim and I’m enjoying her take: “As much as Amy really wanted this, it's terrifying for her to have this in front of you, even with the right person and someone you're in love with."

I love the push and pull of control for both Sheldon and Amy in their relationship. I love the fact that Mayim is clear about the fact that Amy doesn’t know what’s going on or what she’s doing. And it’s true not just in terms of sex but in terms of the relationship, the break-up, the reconciliation … all of it. She struggles for control because she has none. She struggled for control in the relationship because Sheldon held onto the reigns so tightly, and this sometimes made her manipulative and whiny (the table episode, her several attempts at moving in with him come to mind). She struggled for control in the break up – perhaps feeling like that was the only hand she had to play (not because she was being manipulative) but because it was the only way she had to exert her own control over the situation. She flailed during the break-up, trying different ways to connect to people and gain experience. She had no game in the reconciliation. I love that Mayim pointed out that it was a shock to Amy’s system that she could not just call the relationship back into being and it was a real lesson to her that a) she had really hurt Sheldon and B)Sheldon was no longer waiting for her to “hit the gas” again.

The break up frustrated me because I felt like there was no story in it for Amy, and I love her character. I couldn’t understand her motivations or intentions or really what the hell she was doing or why. She seemed like a vehicle to tell Sheldon’s story. But I’m seeing that maybe I was wrong about that. One of TPTB (maybe Molaro?) had a couple of quotes throughout the years about Amy trying to build a better boyfriend. I was always frustrated by that assessment because it felt like Sheldon had to be changed and Amy was right for trying to change him. But now it feels more like a comment about Amy having her head a bit up her ass too (I say that lovingly).

She did try to build a better boyfriend and take the reigns of control. “If I’m patient, I’ll get a stock storybook romance, and flowers on date nights (still a fan of the mushroom log but hey maybe that’s just my own personal preference), and a wedding in exactly 4 years.” (I feel like one of the few people who actually really doesn’t want their wedding to fall on 10.2) She did want to change him (as evidenced by her fan fic). However, somewhere in there she knew she loved what she had and loved Sheldon for Sheldon - hence her giddiness at him making her his emergency contact and finding his quirks adorable - and has come to that realization. So I guess there was an arc for her part of the breakup after all (apologizes for previous writer-focused rants). I feel like they’ve both kind of figured out together that they can’t control each other or their own emotions, and they have to meet somewhere in the middle and what they find there exceeds their expectations.

So the fact that they both admit that they are in unchartered territory in 9x11 and trust each other to figure it out and find out together seems like a lovely resolution to this particular part of their story. Both relinquish control and take the jump accepting that the unknown outcome is better and it’ll all be fine as long as they’re together.

Stray unrelated observation: I freaking love that after years of not being able to touch Sheldon, Amy gets to grab him and kiss him, and I love how playful she is with him and the fact that it looks like she wants to rip off all 3 of his layers in one go … oh and I’m pretty sure he’s enjoying himself too :shy:

ALSO: Yay for the return of Koops. Your posts are one of the things that initially dragged me out of lurker mode :shy::shy:

Yes, I love it as well.  And Sheldon looks really happy :)

Edited by lpm

25 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I also think it is nice that this is happening at her place instead of Sheldon's.   He always seems to be most comfortable with her there, never having picked a spot, going over and changing the time on her stove, running a bath for her, going in the refrigerator to get the butter as if he's been in the kitchen plenty of times.   

If Amy does move in with Sheldon, I have to admit that I will miss seeing them in Apt 314, as so many milestones for them have occurred there.

their love nest :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I can't stop thinking about the contrast between Amy negotiating for Sheldon to kiss her only to end up awkwardly cuddling in Isolation and now they are sitting on the same sides of her couch and we get this.    No negotiation going on here.   Minds have been made up.

I also think it is nice that this is happening at her place instead of Sheldon's.   He always seems to be most comfortable with her there, never having picked a spot, going over and changing the time on her stove, running a bath for her, going in the refrigerator to get the butter as if he's been in the kitchen plenty of times.   

If Amy does move in with Sheldon, I have to admit that I will miss seeing them in Apt 314, as so many milestones for them have occurred there.

It's so beautiful what you've just said. You are completely right, I will miss Apt 314 too. But it will be for a good cause: Amy and Sheldon living together!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, jlove said:

Just doing some more thinking about 9.10 and 9.11 "'cause you know, that's kind of my life now."

In 9.11 it seems like Amy is shocked about Sheldon's bday gift to her.  But not shocked enough to doubt it, or to think that he may chicken out or change plans at the last minute (as one might have imagined with Sheldon of Old).  Which makes me wonder...exactly what kind of hanky panky have Shamy been getting up to in the week or so between 9.10 and 9.11 that she has no doubt this is what he's doing?  I mean, SURELY they've been together nearly every day since the reconciliation, right?  After that separation and the emotions, and the hotness at the end of 9.10 I doubt they're spending much time apart, besides what is shown on screen.  Just something else to think about, dream about or write fanfics about over the next week.  

:icon_cheesygrin:

and yes, people should def be writing fanfics about the Shamy happenings between 9.10 and 9.11! 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I can't stop thinking about the contrast between Amy negotiating for Sheldon to kiss her only to end up awkwardly cuddling in Isolation and now they are sitting on the same sides of her couch and we get this.    No negotiation going on here.   Minds have been made up.

When they are on the couch he always sits in the same spot.  I've always thought that her apartment is a smaller version of his and that is why is is so comfortable there.  

Best Easter Egg ever..her apartment number is 314....which is the basis of Pi.  I love this show, they don't miss a trick.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, vonmar said:

When they are on the couch he always sits in the same spot.  I've always thought that her apartment is a smaller version of his and that is why is is so comfortable there.  

Best Easter Egg ever..her apartment number is 314....which is the basis of Pi.  I love this show, they don't miss a trick.

I agree.    A couple of times he has sat on the other side of the couch.    1. When the signed the RA.  2.  When PP died.  3.  When she was manipulating him out of breaking up with her over the dumb table.    Just to name a few.

I love that when he sleeps in Penny's apartment, he makes her take the couch.   When he slept at Amy's, he took the couch, even though Amy's couch is just as small.

• Like 6

On 12/1/2015, 9:12:20, cutiepie said:

I dreamed with this kiss and in my dream I wondered why I am seeing this before the episode ... I was surprised and delighted

and now this happens! and I just can't

911AIK.gif.6ab5439c455b9fd9e44be0808f18e

I've been staring at this gif for 10 minutes straight. No lie, I didn't even blink. I got it bad. When the episode airs I may pass the hell out.

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, loriparis80 said:

I've been staring at this gif for 10 minutes straight. No lie, I didn't even blink. I got it bad. When the episode airs I may pass the hell out.

something that makes this gif extra awesome is that it's not even one of the "steamy makeout kisses" from 9.10.... based on the TR's, this 9.11 kiss seems relatively tame compared to the makeout they have in next week's episode!!! 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, vonmar said:

0DzhW.gif

27 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

The more I watch previous seasons, the more sure I am that Sheldon fell in love with Amy at first sight, he just didn't know it back then. I used to think he loves her mostly because he enjoys her company, boy was I wrong!

Like in 4.10, when Amy grabed his hand, initially he grabed it back! Then he realised what happened and straightened her fingers but still didn't let go her hand. He wasn't even angry, just a little confused.

4.21, he was cared about Amy so much that he went through all the trouble to walk her home. He closed his eyes when she kissed him. When she threw up, he didn't freak out or acted disgusted, instead he was so sweet and put a towel under her head.

In 512, he picked the tiara himself. Penny thought he should buy the bracelet because a tiara was "too much". Nevertheless he chose to go with the tiara 'cause deep down he believed his woman deserves a tiara.:)

Not to mention Sheldon made Amy his screensaver (Even though Amy found out this in season 7, but Sheldon could have done it a long time ago). That's like so teenage-schoolboy-in-love lol.

And we all know Sheldon always takes Amy's advices. To be honest sometimes I didn't find Amy's reasoning convincing. But I guess to Sheldon it doesn't matter, as long as it's Amy's opinion, it's worth trying. I mean how sweet is that!

All this things make me wonder why he wasn't kinder to her during these 5 years. Fear of losing control? Of becoming a love bunny? Of what? Ok, he gave her many little demonstrations of love (like, very much), but all this time he was putting himself at the first place, considering only his reasons to act the way he wanted to, while she thought about them as if they were only one, thinking for the couple. Will he be a better man and a better boyfriend now that he got his girl back and consumated their relationship or will he be accommodated again and screw things up one more time?

• Like 2

Did he even know how to be a good boyfriend, he has never been anyone's boyfriend before  so he no he had no frame of reference. I'm sorry,

12 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

ll this things make me wonder why he wasn't kinder to her during these 5 years. Fear of losing control? Of becoming a love bunny? Of what? Ok, he gave her many little demonstrations of love (like, very much), but all this time he was putting himself at the first place, considering only his reasons to act the way he wanted to, while she thought about them as if they were only one, thinking for the couple. Will he be a better man and a better boyfriend now that he got his girl back and consumated their relationship or will he be accommodated again and screw things up one more time?

He has never had a girlfriend before, so he has no frame of reference to rely upon.  So he can only look to his friends lives to create a framework to rely upon,  but look at who his friends are and where they are in their relationships.  I am stunned that he got to where he is with Amy based on his possible study of the people in his circle of friends and how they handle their relationships.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, jenafan said:

What I like about it as that Amy knows Sheldon wants this.  She's telling him it's okay for him to proceed and putting an end to his stalling, and it's so heartwarming to see him melting into her consent.  Her intimate version of the contract causes Sheldon to realize he doesn't need the formal document, and you can see his shoulder movement while slipping his phone back in his pocket.

What makes a great kiss is understanding the needs and desires of the other person, and Amy understood in that moment that Sheldon needed reassurance from her that she was okay with what they were about to do, and by clinging onto him, she reaffirmed such.   She's happy, she loves him, and she just wants to be with him.    In that moment, he must have felt it, too.

The other thing is that this gif is from the rehearsals.   Reports are that the kiss on screen is hotter and open mouth, but we will have to wait and see.

I love the way they fight like a married couple.    I hope we still get some of that banter back and forth, and wonder if their new intimate life will come up, like Amy saying "Don't think you are going to get any of this tonight (gesturing toward her body) after that insensitive remark you just made", while Sheldon starts to pout and apologizes.

Yes, that gif got so much better for me when I realized he was dropping his phone back in his pocket then grabbing her.  The first couple times I watched I thought it looked like he was squirming uncomfortably, but that would make zero sense.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jenafan said:

I agree.    A couple of times he has sat on the other side of the couch.    1. When the signed the RA.  2.  When PP died.  3.  When she was manipulating him out of breaking up with her over the dumb table.    Just to name a few.

I love that when he sleeps in Penny's apartment, he makes her take the couch.   When he slept at Amy's, he took the couch, even though Amy's couch is just as small.

4. When he wanted her to smell his faux flower so he could squirt her with it. Haha. "Pleeeeeeeaassse...."

• Like 4

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic