The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

3 hours ago, Ranger Rosa said:

New topic: Most of us were hating Dave after "The Spock Resonance" and then loving and idolizing him one or two weeks later (after "The Earworm Reverbaration). Does it makes us hypocrites or just bipolar?

I think it means that people can be short-sighted.  Just like some people were saying they wanted to walk away from the show because of the break-up, etc., and that they didn't think it was necessary, or whatever.

There was a reason and method to the whole thing, IMO, just like there was a purpose for Dave.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, phantagrae said:

I think it means that people can be short-sighted.  Just like some people were saying they wanted to walk away from the show because of the break-up, etc., and that they didn't think it was necessary, or whatever.

There was a reason and method to the whole thing, IMO, just like there was a purpose for Dave.

Or better yet, we didn't know what would happen and what transpired is what made us like Dave. 

I'm grateful that the writers went the direction that they did, but it just as easily could've gone another way. If Dave had stayed Amy's love interest for an entire season or stolen any "firsts" from her, we would have a very different opinion of him.

I think some let the unknown fill their heads with doubt while other's avoided that by trusting TPTB. I was always somewhere in between emotionally distraught about what might happen and hopeful that the outcome would be worth all the angst. Some people are more paranoid and some are less so, but feelings can't be wrong, just different. 

At least we're all feeling much better now, right?

• Like 7

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

I believe Kazzie said that Amy said "come here you"  and pulls him further into her apartment...makeout/makeup part two began with Dave bowing out and once Dave exits still speaking, Amy (still sucking face with Sheldon) kicks the door to her apartment shut with her foot.  

So do they turn around in the second kiss so that Amy kicks it shut behind her, or does she kick forward?  Seems awkward if so?

• Like 1

I think I will not survive these episodes! Every time I see the promo I'm so happy that I just can't.... It's so...Abhehfiunejwndjenkj. Shamy forever! 

Edited by RoX
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, jlove said:

So do they turn around in the second kiss so that Amy kicks it shut behind her, or does she kick forward?  Seems awkward if so?

Seems sexy. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MJistheBOMB said:

Seems sexy. 

Hella sexy either way, yes, because it's Sheldon and Amy MAKING OUT!!!! But just wondering about the logistics.  Because I have nothing else to do with my brain right now!  (Or maybe because I just CAN'T stop thinking about all this!)  I need to be able to picture it!  LOL!

Edited by jlove
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

I really hope the show, as well as Jim and Mayim, get recognized this year. They have tried this season something  completely different from their usual style, following a whole story arc and telling for the first time a story from head to toe and they have given their actors the chance to shine in so many different ways: they got dramatic, funny, sexy, tender stuff to play...It was difficult to see it while the whole thing was unfolding, and many times during this journey I was just hoping for an episode in which my emotions and I could get some rest, but now I can see the whole picture and it looks really well done. I hope all these people that vote for those awards see things the way I do.  I'm also looking forward to see how they will continue to promote these two episodes, I hope we will get some more interview and BTS; I'm in particular looking for Mayim's post (or hopefully posts) on the two episodes on Groknation. I'd like really to read her POV, her views on coitus were not exactly the same of most fans, so I'd like to read her insight on it, and I'm sure that in her own web site she will be more free to express it. 

Anyway, I agree with you, I'm exhausted too, I really need some quiet episodes in which my dear Shamy are in a quiet honeymoon phase, just playing their funny and unique games and enjoying their time together. 

I totally agree with the part in bold.  We have seen a whole other side of Jim Parson's acting ability and Mayim Bialik's as well. I would hope that they both win some recognition for it -- like an Emmy (especially Mayim).   I loved the story and how it was handled from start to finish.  It was like reading a good novel. Considering how engaged many people were on this thread, (the argument, the anguish etc. many people felt), the writers did an excellent job.  They certainly kept us on our toes.  I never lost faith in the writers or Steve Molaro.   Now there was a man who was being vilified especially by the Shamy fandom.  Now he's a saint, again!  LOL!  They have been doing their jobs and they have done it very well.

Totally agree. I always had faith in the writers and was sure this whole voyage from the break up through trying to move on and FINALLY being back together would be for the best. When I heard about Dave I didn't panic, but I wasn't thrilled of course. Okay, I thought, this has to happen so that Amy can realize that it's Sheldon who she really wants and that nobody can replace him. But I won't lie, I wasn't looking forward to meet him...until I met him! 

What a brilliant story to come up with! And how these writers managed to turn us from wanting to strangle the guy into wanting to kiss and adopt him within a few short scenes. Of course the credit also goes to Stephen Merchant for bringing Dave to life. I really hope we will see him again! Okay, it is unlikely since  - as you pointed out koops - his job is done and there is no other girl in the show he could be set up with. :scratchhead:

Well, maybe he can move in with Stuart! :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by Radar
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Radar said:

Totally agree. I always had faith in the writers and was sure this whole voyage from the break up through trying to move on and FINALLY being back together would be for the best. When I heard about Dave I didn't panic, but I wasn't thrilled of course. Okay, I thought, this has to happen so that Amy can realize that it's Sheldon who she really wants and that nobody can replace him. But I won't lie, I wasn't looking forward to meet him...until I met him! 

What a brilliant story to come up with! And how these writers managed to turn us from wanting to strangle the guy into wanting to kiss and adopt him within a few short scenes. Of course the credit also goes to Stephen Merchant for bringing Dave to life. I really hope we will see him again! Okay, it is unlikely since  - as you pointed out koops - his job is done and there is no other girl in the show he could be set up with. :scratchhead:

Well, maybe he can move in with Stuart! :icon_cheesygrin:

or he could turn up at shamy's wedding

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Musickat18 said:

Boy, some shiz-nit went down while I was tossing in bed. 

To paraphrase Stuart:-

Uh, that sounds a little funny to an English ear. :icon_biggrin: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, koops said:

When you're at that stage in the story, there's a 50/50 chance that things could go either way and it's easy to say with hindsight that freaking out or getting angry over X or Y was silly, but you can only react to the present, really. I am not someone who can just "have faith". And as much as I have liked how it was wrapped up in the end with the Shamy Trilogy, I still stand by some of my original feelings about this whole thing, even now. Bottom line to me is that the writers are sometimes going to do things I don't like, just as much as at other times they will do things I do like and it's up to me as a viewer to decide if it's still worth my time or not. 

That so much!! Frankly, I still don't believe that the break up was necessary and think that it was ill timed. I was really anxious about how tptb would handle this. Turns out they did so in a way that was fine with me. Especially the Aquarium episode when she realized that she can hurt him too, what was the she really wanted and that she cannot come in and out of his life as she please. It turned out to be a lesson for both of them. Even the fact that she wanted to be with him first and he didn't was a great lesson for them. So, it's actually more about each step they take and that's what we are going to judge.

As far as Dave is concerned I never really hated him. True, I didn't care about Amy dating but more because I didn't want Shamy making up to be because she couldn't do better. But she had other dates and Dave was ok. In his first appearance admittedly he was hilarious. Plus now he is hardcore Shamy shipper so what's not to love?? I wish we could see more of him!

• Like 8

I was super annoyed at the break up and hated the way it came about (I may of mentioned this a few times). 

But I am now very super happy at the brilliant but unexpected way tptb put them back together as I really didn't see it coming but I can now watch the first 9 episodes without raging about it

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, MJistheBOMB said:

Dave deserves as least one bromance fling with Sheldon and Leonard. LMAO!

Can.. Can we make this happen? :fi_lone_ranger: #DaveIsEveryonesBae

1 hour ago, rachelshamyfan said:

I really didn't see it coming but I can now watch the first 9 episodes without raging about it

Irk. But even though we knew they'd get back together it still didn't ease those 9 episodes. I'm just glad it's over. For us & the Shamy :biggrin: 

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 4

Why why why WHY am I moving in two weeks :(

No internet for me :( Not going to see it for a good couples days after you guys :(

Heartbroken :(

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Arduina said:

Why why why WHY am I moving in two weeks :(

No internet for me :( Not going to see it for a good couples days after you guys :(

Heartbroken :(

I'm sorry :(

15 hours ago, MJistheBOMB said:

IDK, I thought it was hot. The way he pulls her body into his. It's a motion that says,  "get over here, I need you in my arms..."

*sighhhhh* I  can wait to rewind these scenes over and over again like I did the train kiss. LOL.

I thought it was hot too, although for me, it could be hotter if it was sided. But I'm not complaining. 

• Like 1