[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

I wish TBBT was still airing on Mondays because then we would be viewing the magnificent 9.10 tomorrow instead of waiting all the way to Thursday. We will all survive the wait together! Then we'll promptly die once we see this episode in all its glory! I cannot wait!!! In the meantime I'll just keep watching these gifs over and over and over...

• Like 2

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I'm talking about me.

Much as I like the character of Sheldon, I don't have a man crush on him, and would not hesitate, to try to keep Amy with me.

Yeah, I know what you meant.

You know, I've never shipped any characters, anywhere near as much as a ship the Shamy.

In fact, prior to joining this forum, I'd never even heard of "shipping", as it's used here. 

I think the closest I ever came, was Fraiser and Roz. I so hoped they'd end up together, but, sadly, it wasn't to be. :cry:

And to think, if it hadn't been for me stumbling on a Youtube video, of Amy drunkenly kissing Sheldon (Agreement Dissection), I would probably have never watched TBBT.

16 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

for the act itself to be a question of buttons pinging off shirts, sweaty thrusting and exhales of cigarette smoke.

You should write fanfiction. :icon_biggrin: 

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

You know, I've never shipped any characters, anywhere near as much as a ship the Shamy.

In fact, prior to joining this forum, I'd never even heard of "shipping", as it's used here. 

I think the closest I ever came, was Fraiser and Roz. I so hoped they'd end up together, but, sadly, it wasn't to be. :cry:

And to think, if it hadn't been for me stumbling on a Youtube video, of Amy drunkenly kissing Sheldon (Agreement Dissection), I would probably have never watched TBBT.

You should write fanfiction. :icon_biggrin: 

I shipped Frasier and Roz too! Until Roz found Roger of course :) and I shipped Daphne and Niles soooo hard! 

And Jack and Liz from 30 Rock, but Tina Fey shot that ship down from season 1, even though the writers liked to tease us from time to time lol

ok sorry, back on topic! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I wonder when TPTB first realized, how huge the Shamy would become?

That's a good question...it's something I was wondering too. I was not in the internet fandom at the time, but I know it was kind of difficult at the beginning to make people "accept" Amy as a possible (in Season 4) love interest for Sheldon. I think many people were unhappy for the choice, mostly because they believed Sheldon was meant to be alone and actually was better alone. I remember I lost touch with the show before they introduced Amy due to the awful schedule it had in my country and at some point I saw some Season 6 episodes. First thing I thought was "How the hell that guy got a girlfriend?" Second thing I thought "They are adorable together!" Third thing I thought "I have to catch up all the previous episodes!!!" And here I am now! I think they grew gradually at the fans attention and that brought also an increasing attention in the writing for them; the real step forward  was for me in  Season 7-8,  they started to be more central in the plots and above all the writers started for real to deal with the emotional growth in Sheldon...It was a gradual thing, they didn't start as the OTP of the show, it was kind of an experiment for the writers and that was good, because they also took their time to know their own characters and to develop Sheldon in a believable way. Watching all the episode, I don't fell betrayed by his character, I find believable that he is the same guy that in Season 1 couldn't accept someone eating from his plate...he's just growing up! With Amy they took some more liberties, but the idea that she was always the way she is now and she was just hiding herself since was very alone and actually didn't know how to deal with emotions or simple joys in life like friends makes her changes believable too.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

That kiss is insanely hot. kolobok_heat.gif 

BTW. What is it, he's trying to say, before Amy pulls him back into her embrace?

'Let me just pull up a quick contract from the internet...' :biggrin:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Radar said:

I'm afraid that Amy hasn't too well acquainted with this contract :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by SyS
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, SyS said:

preview3.gif.46be12ca498facbac1bf1d26c8d

First, less important: he licks his lips. It's Jim's thing, probably he wanted to show a little nervousness (or was nervous, what we know from interviews), but for me it will be "Amy, prepare for rigorous kissing" paraphrasing Sheldon :icon_cheesygrin:. But the second:  how extremely happy is Amy here? Did we ever seen her in this kind of mood or state of mind? I don't recall. I just can't... How one smile can say everything... Applause for Mayim! 

Whenever i'm staring at this gif (which has been a lot in the last 24 hours ) all i can think is omg i think we've never seen Amy so happy!! I just love to watch her here, she's so shining here!
I guess i expected her to be happy , but i didn't expect her to look so beaming and so much pure joy !

And i'm out of likes so just wanted to say i love your post and i agree with every word!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Radar said:

Is that really what he was saying?

I understood the reference to a contract occurred in bed, when Sheldon suggested downloading a "consent for coitus" form, for them to sign.

5 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I understood the reference to a contract occurred in bed, when Sheldon suggested downloading a "consent for coitus" form, for them to sign.

No, it was there, right before the kiss...

• Like 1

Is this just me? The more previews and sneak peeks are published the harder it gets to wait... For the first time I understand why these short clips are called 'teasers'... :banghead:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Were you shocked when they slept together?

I was never that keen on Daphne and Niles.

Definitely not shocked when they slept together lol... that seemed inevitable from season 1... ultimately I'm really glad how their relationship ended up :)

And yeah, until Daphne and Niles got together (good lord, didn't it take like 7 seasons?!?) I constantly wanted to kick Niles in the pants! I like the man he became when he and Daphne finally got together. 

Sorry! Off topic again! I'm done! 

5 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

ultimately I'm really glad how their relationship ended up :) 

Really?

I wanted then to finish up together, because, as we know, "opposites attract".

Prior to Amy Farrah Fowler, Roz Doyle was the most gorgeous character I'd ever seen in a sitcom.

She was smoking hot. kolobok_heat.gif 

45 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

If you watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK_qbvj_ogI

You can hear him saying it :) 

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic