The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

We won't know if it was necessary until we see the episode as a whole. A lot of the comments and judgements, mine included, have been made based on a few titbits of information (much appreciated, of course) by one or two people who were at the taping. The full picture and where the writers were going, won't become clear until we actually see it all after it has been edited and put together.
I'm not saying your views are wrong, I'm just expressing my own and what I've taken from it. Remember, it's a dream.

For me this scene is not the main issue, but I understand why people are so mad about it. It has been a dream for long time for the fans to see  a make out scene for Shamy, when we got it, it was awfully cut down and it lasted two seconds, after which they fought, and now we know that, in a dream sequence, with another actress it has happened in that very couch and, as I understand, even the logistics was very similar (and much hotter) to the finale cold open. Strangely I'm relieved that it is not "their" kind of kiss, if it has been canon Sheldon kissing canon Penny for me it would have been worse, this acting choice makes everything less "real" and so less annoying to me. But, on the other hand, that is something that it's not going to happen for Shamy on canon, given the characters we are dealing with (let's face it, guys...), so I don't know why we have to see it now. This is my main concern about it, it may be necessary to the story, as you said, but I still don't like it. That being said, they make very clear that it is a dream and I'm not going to judge the episode on it, it's the "real" part of the episode that baffles me right now. 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

Everything is just sex with you,isn't it?!?? -doing my best Sheldon impression Sent from my SM-J100ML using Tapatalk

But since you knew what I meant... :D

I apreciate everyone who gived us infos about the taping, and will be very grateful if any of the attendees last night would like to share their further insight.  

Still trying to digest all of this.... thank you kazzie, michy and everyone else at the taping for all the info you provided. I really appreciate it.

God....I feel like I've been robbed and cheated.  I know this sheldon and penny kiss was just a dream sequence, but to me it just doesn't feel like it! It feels like it's real  It's gonna be on camera, so it's different than the laundry room scene in cooper extraction. And they will include this in the promo!? I don't even wanna know how many takes that scene took.  I just can't believe the writers would go there..  why do they still do this? it's season nine, sheldon has all this history with amy, p&l are married for god's sake!! It's been pretty clear since season 1 that it wouldn't happen, and I'm sure they could have found humor in some other way! I mean, I didn't laugh when I found out about it! It's not funny, at all! This wasn't necesaary!

There was something so pure and innocent about Shamy to me, and I don't feel like it's there anymore. I'm not sure I can recover from this.

Since this is page 69, I can think of something.... :wink:

Dirty, dirty, dirty :whistle:

Really guys, I don't know what to think or to expect for Shamy this season, I wish I would be able to use a tardis just to rewrite the first script of this season myself :scenic:

And I don't understand how some of you can be satisfied of waiting for a happy ending, knowing that in-between, there are ~ 40 episodes to go before the end of this show.
Can't you see that the writers don't seem to know where they are going anymore with our favorite characters?

• Like 3

Really guys, I don't know what to think or to expect for Shamy this season, I wish I would be able to use a tardis just to rewrite the first script of this season myself :scenic:

And I don't understand how some of you can be satisfied of waiting for a happy ending, knowing that in-between, there are ~ 40 episodes to go before the end of this show.
Can't you see that the writers don't seem to know where they are going anymore with our favorite characters?

Why do you think the writers don't know where they're going with Shamy?  It seems to me that they know exactly where they're going.

You know me Honey, got a dirty mind :D

But yeah, for now we just have to wait and see, hopefully by the time this horror ep will air, they are back together in the taping reports.

• Like 1

Chiany / Chrystalie - When is your guys wedding going to be?  We'll have to open up a whole new thread just for you two and we are going to want TONS of pics....but not the dirty ones ;)

• Like 4

Why do you think the writers don't know where they're going with Shamy?  It seems to me that they know exactly where they're going.

I'm not talking only about Shamy but about the entire show, even if of course, my first thoughts are going for this couple I shipped for years.
And yeah well, they are going to do with Shamy what they've done with Lenny for years ... I'm a huge fan of drama, but for a show like BBT, drama shouldn't be the main way to make things moving forward. Once again, this break-up thing, the way Sheldon reacts with Amy, everything is one year too late.
Maybe you're satisfied to see how things are evolving right now, I just can't be happy about how things are becoming way OOC ... But no offense Phanta, we are here for a long time now, and I understand your pov ...
Maybe I'm just done with this show since the last episodes of the season 8 (that disappointed me a lot already) and I have difficulties to just leave.

Chiany / Chrystalie - When is your guys wedding going to be?  We'll have to open up a whole new thread just for you two and we are going to want TONS of pics....but not the dirty ones ;)

Probably next year :girlinlove: Hahaha, no dirty things, I promise :p

• Like 4

Ok , I'm think I'm in the minority here but I can see that ( in the info we have - thank you all ) . Some aspects of this episode have the potential to be funny !! As this is meant to be a comedy ......

BUT - I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if there was ANY interaction between Sheldon and Amy where , Amy looks like she loves him / misses him at all ..... Or is she just pissed at him ? I'm asking as I try and fail to see where this will need to go to get them back on track ?? They both seem so relied up and frustrated with each other that I'm wondering how this will go ??.

Also do we think L and P will now head off on the trip Sheldon bought ?? Therefore not be around much in the next episode ? - or maybe it'll come to light it was for Sheldon to take Amy away and propose , we'll then get ring details along with proposal details ......maybe direct to Amy ? 

I want to know if maybe Lenny have a wedding party ?? Maybe S and A then spend time together / but apart and realise they miss each other , will it take Sheldon to see say Kripke attempt to ask Amy on a date ( but I feel like this would be a bit been there done that in season 5 with Stuart ) ?? Or as others have said do we need a heart attack type event for Amy's Mum or say Meemaw ??? 

Im clutching at straws here to see how they are going to get from angry ShAmy to I miss you and love you so much ShAmy ??.....

I do think though that this can't go on much longer as they have made such a focal point of it and kept the time frame short , I think that goes our favour that this can't last much longer without a solution :) 

im so sorry for the long post I'm just in from work and my head has been doing overtime since I read this all at 6 am this morning !! 

• Like 2

Ok , I'm think I'm in the minority here but I can see that ( in the info we have - thank you all ) . Some aspects of this episode have the potential to be funny !! As this is meant to be a comedy ......

BUT - I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if there was ANY interaction between Sheldon and Amy where , Amy looks like she loves him / misses him at all ..... Or is she just pissed at him ? I'm asking as I try and fail to see where this will need to go to get them back on track ?? They both seem so relied up and frustrated with each other that I'm wondering how this will go ??.

Also do we think L and P will now head off on the trip Sheldon bought ?? Therefore not be around much in the next episode ? - or maybe it'll come to light it was for Sheldon to take Amy away and propose , we'll then get ring details along with proposal details ......maybe direct to Amy ? 

I want to know if maybe Lenny have a wedding party ?? Maybe S and A then spend time together / but apart and realise they miss each other , will it take Sheldon to see say Kripke attempt to ask Amy on a date ( but I feel like this would be a bit been there done that in season 5 with Stuart ) ?? Or as others have said do we need a heart attack type event for Amy's Mum or say Meemaw ??? 

Im clutching at straws here to see how they are going to get from angry ShAmy to I miss you and love you so much ShAmy ??.....

I do think though that this can't go on much longer as they have made such a focal point of it and kept the time frame short , I think that goes our favour that this can't last much longer without a solution :) 

im so sorry for the long post I'm just in from work and my head has been doing overtime since I read this all at 6 am this morning !! 

Personally think we're not going to find out about the ring until much, much later in the season... if at all.

• Like 1

The ring continues to baffle me. I mean, I was not expecting a proposal at all until cod knows when, but the fact is that they dropped this massive bomb/game changer in the last second of the finale, something that everyone and everything talked about throughout the hiatus, something that was front and center at CC and that they confidently said was going to be addressed in the premiere and then... POOF! It's like the ring never existed. Again, I was not expecting a proposal, but I was expecting some answers about the ring itself.

I'm actually beginning to think it will be like all those other times where something is briefly seen/mentioned and then never seen/mentioned again.

Edited by A Shamy gal
  • Like 2

Has there ever been a time when a scene was in the broadcast that was never shown to a studio audience?  Could there be another scene in the premiere?  Because, it's true, the lack of follow up  on the ring is baffling.

• Like 1

I just don't think this is going to be a fun journey. I may be in the minority, but I am not convinced the writers have a clue what they are doing or how they are going to fix this. Or if they want to. They are gleeful little twerps.

And I am looking at you Molaro.

• Like 7

The ring continues to baffle me. I mean, I was not expecting a proposal at all until cod knows when, but the fact is that they dropped this massive bomb/game changer in the last second of the finale, something that everyone and everything talked about throughout the hiatus, something that was front and center at CC and that they confidently said was going to be addressed in the premiere and then... POOF! It's like the ring never existed. Again, I was not expecting a proposal, but I was expecting some answers about the ring itself.

"like" I've run out of them for today !!

I saw this on the tumblr Shamy tag and it just sums up my feelings on the last two TRs

tumblr_inline_ntbxjnKJ7u1tnz6ku_500.gif

Well, we share this feeling then.

That's it, we will start shipping Chiany and Chrystalie instead. (And Skachel, which remains my OTP of course)

Well we are a really strong Ship, even better then Titanic ;)

But Skachel is tough competition, once they come out of the closet :no:

• Like 6

Well we are a really strong Ship, even better then Titanic ;)

But Skachel is tough competition, once they come out of the closet :no:

Rachel can do better. I am going to stunt cast a new board member for her.

• Like 2

I just don't think this is going to be a fun journey. I may be in the minority, but I am not convinced the writers have a clue what they are doing or how they are going to fix this. Or if they want to. They are gleeful little twerps.

And I am looking at you Molaro.

I'm starting to think the only solution to this three ring circus is a "what if" fantasy situation. Sheldon asking himself during the make-out session: "What if I brought up the Flash right now." ...