Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, AlFisher said:

they can name their daughter: Rajina, Rajessica, Rajanda as an example LOL

 

Or they can just pick Raj as the middle name for the kids - an easy way out. :wink:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Amy looks shocked, but happy, in this scene.

 

Have Penny and Bernadette just told her, of Sheldon's coitus plans?

I think so. Right before she decides "Waxing, it is!" :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Amy looks shocked, but happy, in this scene.

OpeningNightExcitation_E9x11BBT_09.jpg?r

Have Penny and Bernadette just told her, of Sheldon's coitus plans?

Yeah, they tell and convince her to go waxing instead of dinner, I guess. Take that smile off your face, it will hurt (I'm talking about the waxing lol).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, April said:

What kills me about this is that apparently Amy is just away for the weekend on some convention and they're already getting all hippie-dippie missing each other. Makes me think they're spending every free minute together now. Which also would address nicely Amy's remark from the beginning of the season that in the two months or so before the breakup they haven't spent as much time with each other.

(Maybe I'm late in the discussion. :( )

yes and he apparently he says something like "As Amy is not here, with whom I will spend my days ?" :D

And, he stays Sheldon with some comments, but now she is really his priority.

Edited by CentralPerk
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJistheBOMB said:

An interesting observation: when Amy kicks the door closed, it's while David is still talking and standing in the door way so he has to move quickly to avoid getting hit by it. She wanted him OUT! Hahaha.

I wonder why they showed 10 and not 11?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I wonder why they showed 10 and not 11?

Are they hiding something from us?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone think there could be an ironic ultimate conclusion, mixed in with lots more science stuff, where Shamy leapfrog all other couples to the traditional happy ever after by marrying, moving in/moving out together and having kids by the end of season 10 (or whenever the end will be) with careers intact leaving everyone else standing in their wake? Lenny's situation still seems complicated as does Howardette's despite throwing out the baby line, not to mention Raj's dilemmas. It's an interesting scenario given the different starting out points of the all the boys in season 1 and the pace of their relationships. The three firm couples have all mentioned babies this season (rare) and we have three different mind-sets portrayed. (And yes I know the writers don't appear to want babies on the show so the concluding episodes deal with imminent baby arrival or something similar to side step that issue). I know it's not a race but it makes an interesting point about love, patience, commitment, compatability and experience or lack thereof not to mention the value of friendship in such matters. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I wonder why they showed 10 and not 11?

Maybe they did not finish editing...there should be some special effects to add to PP, like the one they had in Season 7, who knows? But more likely, as Gbb said, they wanted to avoid heart attacks during the tapings...They are for sure trying to keep some "surprises", apart from the promo they released, there were no sneak peek of 9.10, for example...Advertising is a strange stuff!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jlove said:

So, TPTB are really stringing along the Shamy fans, huh?  I love the cuteness it sounds like we're getting in 9.12, but by having Amy only appear over Skype they're making us wait to see what a post-coitus Shamy looks like together.  We get to see that they're in love and emotionally intimate (yay!) but how about the physical?  Will they actually sit closer than 6 inches apart on the couch now?  Do they hug or kiss (even on the cheek) hello and/or goodbye when they see each other now even if the rest of the gang is around?

In the past when, say, the girls would come into 4A where the guys already were we'd see Howardette and Lenny greet each other in some kind of physical way and Shamy would just smile and say hi.  What happens now when the women arrive somewhere to meet the men?  They've effectively kept us on the hook wanting to know.  And inquiring minds do want to know!!!  :shy:

I was prepared for little to no Shamy this week, it makes sense that they dropped the 'coitus bomb' and then backed off of the subject for a while.

I'm expecting little bread crumbs here and there of their physical relationship like when they started kissing, Amy reminds him in ps4/xbox that he should kiss her at the end of date night, implying that kissing has been a regular occurrence off screen - I expect we're gonna get a "It's Friday, I sleep over at Amy's on Fridays!" type line or even an Amy there at breakfast scene, I don't think we'll see a lot of them in bed unfortunately :wink: 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Sheldon sits down and discovers a pattern immediately which Raj thought was impossible and asked him how he discovered it. Sheldon replied, "You know how prime numbers appear red and double prime numbers appear pink and smell like gasoline?" "No..." Raj replied. "Well, I guess I'm just a special boy."

So Sheldon experiences what is known as Synesthesia.  It is a rare psychological condition that occurs in a very small percentage of the population, usually (mentally) highly functioning individuals.  They see numbers in their mind in color and in some cases can associate a taste or a smell with them.

These writers really do their research.

http://www.livescience.com/169-rare-real-people-feel-taste-hear-color.html

I posted about this in the other Spoiler thread. There are also studies that show that synesthesia occurs more often in people with Aspbergers and others on the autism spectrum.

I love that they've done this with Sheldon. It gives us more insight into how his brain works and some understanding that it does literally work differently than others.

I actually have (very mild) synesthesia, mostly in seeing the days of the week and the months of the year plotted geometrically in space (it's hard to explain).

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I was prepared for little to no Shamy this week, it makes sense that they dropped the 'coitus bomb' and then backed off of the subject for a while.

I'm expecting little bread crumbs here and there of their physical relationship like when they started kissing, Amy reminds him in ps4/xbox that he should kiss her at the end of date night, implying that kissing has been a regular occurrence off screen - I expect we're gonna get a "It's Friday, I sleep over at Amy's on Fridays!" type line or even an Amy there at breakfast scene, I don't think we'll see a lot of them in bed unfortunately :wink: 

Howard and Bernie are sleeping  together since season 4 and we had seen them in bed no more than 7 or 8 times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Sheldon sits down and discovers a pattern immediately which Raj thought was impossible and asked him how he discovered it. Sheldon replied, "You know how prime numbers appear red and double prime numbers appear pink and smell like gasoline?" "No..." Raj replied. "Well, I guess I'm just a special boy."

So Sheldon experiences what is known as Synesthesia.  It is a rare psychological condition that occurs in a very small percentage of the population, usually (mentally) highly functioning individuals.  They see numbers in their mind in color and in some cases can associate a taste or a smell with them.

These writers really do their research.

http://www.livescience.com/169-rare-real-people-feel-taste-hear-color.html

 

2 minutes ago, Gbb said:

I posted about this in the other Spoiler thread. There are also studies that show that synesthesia occurs more often in people with Aspbergers and others on the autism spectrum.

I love that they've done this with Sheldon. It gives us more insight into how his brain works and some understanding that it does literally work differently than others.

I actually have (very mild) synesthesia, mostly in seeing the days of the week and the months of the year plotted geometrically in space (it's hard to explain).

I find this really fascinating, I'm glad the writers are adding such interesting tidbits about Sheldon! I wonder if Amy is aware of that, as a neuroscientist I guess she would love to put some electrodes on his head to investigate it further since it's really rare and not completely understood yet? Also, is there a distinction between numbers and letters, because Sheldon only mentions numbers... so I wonder if the word Amy also has a special color/taste/smell for him. And is there also a connection to actual tastes/smells which might explain further Sheldon's rigid eating schedule (apart from him liking to have order and control about everything)?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I wonder why they showed 10 and not 11?

Honestly, 60% of me knew they wouldn't show it. They want it to be a surprise.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Sheldon sits down and discovers a pattern immediately which Raj thought was impossible and asked him how he discovered it. Sheldon replied, "You know how prime numbers appear red and double prime numbers appear pink and smell like gasoline?" "No..." Raj replied. "Well, I guess I'm just a special boy."

So Sheldon experiences what is known as Synesthesia.  It is a rare psychological condition that occurs in a very small percentage of the population, usually (mentally) highly functioning individuals.  They see numbers in their mind in color and in some cases can associate a taste or a smell with them.

These writers really do their research.

http://www.livescience.com/169-rare-real-people-feel-taste-hear-color.html

So it's like if they think in a number and then remember of the color blue or some smell, for example? And is that a disease or just a condition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

So it's like if they think in a number and then remember of the color blue or some smell, for example? And is that a disease or just a condition?

It's described in the article as a " phenomenon".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On November 17, 2015 at 11:03:51 AM, Amy Fowler said:

 

 

 

Ignore above quote. Yikes!!!

MJ maybe you answered this already...but what did you think about episode 10?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

Amusing factoid:

If you rearrange the letters in Mayim's name you get "Im Amy"

 

.....is it Thursday yet? 

I think it was deliberated. I read somewhere it was deliberated, I don't know if it's true.

26 minutes ago, Gbb said:

I posted about this in the other Spoiler thread. There are also studies that show that synesthesia occurs more often in people with Aspbergers and others on the autism spectrum.

I love that they've done this with Sheldon. It gives us more insight into how his brain works and some understanding that it does literally work differently than others.

I actually have (very mild) synesthesia, mostly in seeing the days of the week and the months of the year plotted geometrically in space (it's hard to explain).

So  I might have it too? Sometimes, out of nowhere I remember times and days of the week, but in specific conditions. For example, rainy days remind me of saturdays 2PM (why???). This is weird. :icon_cheesygrin:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.