[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

1 hour ago, Soopysue said:  

aargh quoting... sorry

This is a little off topic, but I'm so confused by these time zones.. I thought you guys in UK are only 2 hours behind our time zone and I usually can watch the ep at 6.30am if it's over by 8.30pm in L.A. Isn't the time difference between London and L.A. 8 hours? Shouldn't it mean that it's 4.30am there when the episode is over? I've read many times that you can watch it at 1.30am. Am I stupid or why can't I get this? :icon_cheesygrin:

I'm assuming the show airs on the East Coast at 8.30 and I believe we here in the UK are 5 (or 6?) hours ahead of that time zone.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tenji said:

I'm assuming the show airs on the East Coast at 8.30 and I believe we here in the UK are 5 (or 6?) hours ahead of that time zone.

Okay, thanks for the clarification, it makes sense now! 

• Like 1

Hey guys, watching the sneak peeks for 9.10, I noticed that maybe we can get some clues about the time jump between 9.10 and 9.11, we were talking about it thousands of pages ago (LOL!!!) So, it appears that Dave's date with Amy is on  a Saturday night, so Shamy got\will get together on a Saturday...Do you think it is next Saturday or some previous one? IMO the former is more likely; according to the TR Penny at the beginning of 9.11 says to Sheldon how happy she is about them being back together, and that's something you usually say immediately after you get the news, not many days later....So, if this is the case, less than a week between the reconciliation and their first night together, our boy made up his mind really quickly!!! Oh, and btw, April, you were right, Amy's birthday is on December 17th ("Thursday can't get here soon enough!"....)

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Mystery solved! while watching 7.18 tonight (Sheldon sees Mary having sex on the couch) i spotted THE train on Sheldon's bedroom wall during the scene when Howard talks to him about his own mother's loneliness! so apparently the train that Amy has on her wall was given to her by Sheldon not from Napa but from his childhood room instead. sorry about the quality of the screen cap, had to lighten it up because it was a dark shot

kinda makes you wonder what he told her about it when he gave it to her, mustve been touching enough for Amy to display it the way she does

Yeah, the Napa train looks a lot different when you look it up on their website.

I love the idea that Sheldon gave her one of the trains he had since he was a kid. What a hippie! lol

41 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Hey guys, watching the sneak peeks for 9.10, I noticed that maybe we can get some clues about the time jump between 9.10 and 9.11, we were talking about it thousands of pages ago (LOL!!!) So, it appears that Dave's date with Amy is on  a Saturday night, so Shamy got\will get together on a Saturday...Do you think it is next Saturday or some previous one? IMO the former is more likely; according to the TR Penny at the beginning of 9.11 says to Sheldon how happy she is about them being back together, and that's something you usually say immediately after you get the news, not many days later....So, if this is the case, less than a week between the reconciliation and their first night together, our boy made up his mind really quickly!!!

Less than a week? Assuming the full episode supports that theory it's like he really took the first best opportunity to make a move here. Oh Sheldon! haha

41 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Oh, and btw, April, you were right, Amy's birthday is on December 17th ("Thursday can't get here soon enough!"....)

Yay! :D

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Sheldon is talking about their children.   No engagement, yet, but he references family.   It seems the logical order of how things should take place is lost on him now, but the goal he wishes to achieve is not. 

To be fair, they've talked about having kids since... well, early on. lol So I'm not too hung up about the fact that it occasionally still comes up, i.e. I don't think "the logical order of how things should take place is lost on him now". If anything, with him having the intention to marry her "the order" is more present in his mind than it has ever been before when they talked about kids. Compare to their initial plans of artificial procreation, or even having Martian kids with cool Martian names! (Admittedly, I think the Mars application might have been the trigger for his decision to marry her because being stranded on a lifeless planet where the chances of survival are slim to none - it can't get more "'til death do us part" than that.)

What I'm kinda wondering about is how much is Amy picking up on that? Does she suspect he wants to marry her, or more precisely that he'll ask her soon?? I'm so curious how the proposal will go down!

• Like 7

Does anyone think there could be an ironic ultimate conclusion, mixed in with lots more science stuff, where Shamy leapfrog all other couples to the traditional happy ever after by marrying, moving in/moving out together and having kids by the end of season 10 (or whenever the end will be) with careers intact leaving everyone else standing in their wake? Lenny's situation still seems complicated as does Howardette's despite throwing out the baby line, not to mention Raj's dilemmas. It's an interesting scenario given the different starting out points of the all the boys in season 1 and the pace of their relationships. The three firm couples have all mentioned babies this season (rare) and we have three different mind-sets portrayed. (And yes I know the writers don't appear to want babies on the show so the concluding episodes deal with imminent baby arrival or something similar to side step that issue). I know it's not a race but it makes an interesting point about love, patience, commitment, compatability and experience or lack thereof not to mention the value of friendship in such matters. 

I've always thought that. Honestly, each have faults, but their relationship always seemed the most solid.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2L344 said:

Mystery solved! while watching 7.18 tonight (Sheldon sees Mary having sex on the couch) i spotted THE train on Sheldon's bedroom wall during the scene when Howard talks to him about his own mother's loneliness! so apparently the train that Amy has on her wall was given to her by Sheldon not from Napa but from his childhood room instead. sorry about the quality of the screen cap, had to lighten it up because it was a dark shot

kinda makes you wonder what he told her about it when he gave it to her, mustve been touching enough for Amy to display it the way she does

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

oh my god!!!! this is so unbelievably sweet! :cry:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, April said:

What I'm kinda wondering about is how much is Amy picking up on that? Does she suspect he wants to marry her, or more precisely that he'll ask her soon?? I'm so curious how the proposal will go down!

I'm curious, too.   However, a small part of me wonders if she knows something and is keeping it to herself, waiting for Sheldon to find the right moment.    I still can't believe nothing has gotten through the grapevine.   Penny and Bernie couldn't even keep it to themselves that Sheldon wanted to sleep with her, although I do believe their squeal worked in hers and Sheldon's favor.

• Like 3

aargh quoting... sorry

This is a little off topic, but I'm so confused by these time zones.. I thought you guys in UK are only 2 hours behind our time zone and I usually can watch the ep at 6.30am if it's over by 8.30pm in L.A. Isn't the time difference between London and L.A. 8 hours? Shouldn't it mean that it's 4.30am there when the episode is over? I've read many times that you can watch it at 1.30am. Am I stupid or why can't I get this? :icon_cheesygrin:

It's 5 hrs from Michigan (EST) to London, and California is 3 hrs behind us (PST). You're in the UK, right?

aargh quoting... sorry This is a little off topic, but I'm so confused by these time zones.. I thought you guys in UK are only 2 hours behind our time zone and I usually can watch the ep at 6.30am if it's over by 8.30pm in L.A. Isn't the time difference between London and L.A. 8 hours? Shouldn't it mean that it's 4.30am there when the episode is over? I've read many times that you can watch it at 1.30am. Am I stupid or why can't I get this? :icon_cheesygrin:

In the States, BBT airs at 8PM EST (Where I live), which usually means 7PM CST. MSN and PST if memory serves has a different feed but follows the same system as EST/CST.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

oh my god!!!! this is so unbelievably sweet! :cry:

I just hope the writers remember that the train is at Amy's and not Sheldon's childhood room if they ever revisit that part of Mary's home.

I really don't think they expect that we as viewers really pay that much attention to such things, but we do.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jenafan said:

We have further evidence of where he puts sex on the scale compared to others.  To Sheldon, the act is more than just for enjoyment or a thrill.  Even female enjoyment has a purpose by creating a direct effect on increasing bonding and the chances of conception.  

I'm not saying they are trying to get pregnant now, but once again we see that Sheldon doesn't act on impulse.   When he chooses to do things,  he has a purpose in mind for it.   Through sex, Shamy have created an intimate bond that just cannot be matched by the others.  It's physical communication of their love.   It's romantic.  It's different.  Amy is not just his lover.  She completes him and is the future mother of his children.  

Their progeny will be a construction based on a foundation of mutual love and respect by two people who look at the world through a different lens than everyone else.  Like everything in their relationship, the things they do stand out.  Their sex life may not be brought up on screen, but we see and hear the intimacy they share in their facial expressions, body language, mannerisms, and in the inflections and words they choose when speaking to each other in their daily activities.  To me that is sexier than seeing them in bed together.

This leads me to believe that perhaps they won't hook up in the bedroom as much as the others because Sheldon isn't seeking the physical gratification of sex, but rather the desire will come from the need to manifest his emotional connection with Amy physically, which will culminate with sex.  I also believe it will be more than once a year.

I just don't see Sheldon becoming a horn dog.  Amy, maybe a little, but they will find the balance.  The quality will be there even if the quantity is not as high as it is for others.

I probably shouldn't kill the buzz right now since we're getting such an exciting episode today. Anyway...

I agree with what you said in the bold part and I agree Sheldon doesn't do sex just for the fun. But how does that have anything to do with Sheldon "not becoming a horn dog"? Is his need to "connect with Amy emotionally through sex" not strongh enough to support frequent sex?

And if Amy is becoming a little of a horn dog and Sheldon't isn't, how is that the perfect relationship? Because maybe to her sex is an important part. Is she gonna be sexually frustrated from now on? Are they gonna negotiate about sex like when they negotiate about date night kiss and handholding, with her constantly begging for more and he has to do it reluctantly? I'm sorry I don't ever want to see that again. That's just ew, especially because this is sex.

It's true Sheldon connects with Amy emotionally. But I just want to see him attracted to Amy physically as strong as emotionally, because Amy is attracted to him in both ways. And it's not that he has to, but I hope he does, or I hope the writers will go this way. And I think it's easiler and funnier to go this way than to address Sheldon's deep emotional needs and how it leads to his physical needs blahblahblah. It's a comedy for crying out loud.

I think every girl, quirky or not, wants their boyfriend (or husband) to just "want" them. It doesn't have to be passionate everyday, but at least there should be moments of "I want you right here, right now." And Amy's more of a normal girl when it comes to things like this.

I'm sorry if this sounds rude but I'm just a little tired about everyone analyzing every tiny bit of Sheldon's thoughts and behavior all the time and Amy should just go along with it. Even when we do analyze Amy, it's more about her love for Sheldon, for example her "secret" love for Sheldon from the day they met.

What about her needs? What about her thoughts? What about her life? What about her? She's been waiting for Sheldon to want her for 5 years and frankly I don't really see Sheldon wants her that much even now. But I was hoping since Sheldon is over the stage of being afraid of getting intimate, he'll explore the sexual part of himself and wants Amy more. But oh no, he's just too evolved and special for these things. And may I say Sheldon does find female attractive physically (or at least I think the show hints that), he likes Jennifer Lawrence, so much so he wants to date her. But I guess it's not the case when it comes to Amy? ( Please ignore this but what kind of crap is that?)

All these things it gives me the feeling that Sheldon is doing her a favor to date her. Like she's earning her credits to unlock Sheldon's love for her. Of course it's not true, but it just feels like that. And in order to keep her stuck with Sheldon, the writers sure went out their ways to not let Amy change her look or give her a normal love interest lol. I find it ridiculous that although Amy's personality has changed almost completely and she's open to a lot of new things but she still refuse to change her style even a little bit after 5 years. Is it THAT OOC to give the poor girl slightly cutter dresses and cardigans? And all the guys that interested in her are somehow creepy or weird. So frankly she never has any choice, even after their breakup.

I understand Sheldon's the star of the show and Amy's a supporting character. But there's no supporting character in a relationship. And to me Amy is just as important and special as Sheldon. So can we just let them have this happy, easy relationship from now on without Amy wanting more and Sheldon just unable to give it to her? They've been doing this for years and it's EXHAUSTING. Can we just let Sheldon find himself attracted to Amy emotionally AND physically and regret what he's been missing for all these years? Can we please give a little bit of our attention which has been so focused on Sheldon from day one to Amy?

Can we just for this one time, let Amy be a happy girl without feeling a hole in her heart (or body) or feeling the need to fight for his love? It really shouldn't be that hard.

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

I probably shouldn't kill the buzz right now since we're getting such an excited episode today. Anyway...

I agree with what you said in the bold part and I agree Sheldon doesn't do sex just for the fun. But how does that have anything to do with Sheldon "not becoming a horn dog"? Is his need to "connect with Amy emotionally through sex" not strongh enough to support frequent sex?

And if Amy is becoming a little a horn dog and Sheldon't isn't, how is that the perfect relationship? Because maybe to her sex is an important part. Is she gonna be sexually frustrated from now on? Are they gonna negotiate about sex like when they negotiate about date night kiss and handholding, with her constantly begging for more and he has to do it reluctantly? I'm sorry I don't ever want to see that again. That's just ew, especially because this is sex.

It's true Sheldon connects with Amy emotionally. But I just want to see him attracted to Amy physically as strong as emotionally, because Amy is attracted to him in both ways. And it's not that he has to, but I hope he does, or I hope the writers will go this way. And I think it's easiler and funnier to go this way than to address Sheldon's deep emotional needs and how it leads to his physical needs blahblahblah. It's a comedy for crying out loud.

I think every girl, quirky or not, wants their boyfriend (or husband) to just "want" them. It doesn't have to be passionate everyday, but at least there should be moments of "I want you right here, right now." And Amy's more of a normal girl when it comes to things like this.

I'm sorry if this sounds rude but I'm just a little tired about everyone analyzing every tiny bit of Sheldon's thoughts and behavior all the time and Amy should just go along with it. Even when we do analyze Amy, it's more about her love for Sheldon, for example her "secret" love for Sheldon from the day they met.

What about her needs? What about her thoughts? What about her life? What about her? She's been waiting for Sheldon to want her for 5 years and frankly I don't really see Sheldon wants her that much even now. But I was hoping since Sheldon is over the stage of being afraid of getting intimate, he'll explore the sexual part of himself and wants Amy more. But oh no, he's just too evolved and special for these things. And may I say Sheldon does find female attractive physically (or at least I think the show hints that), he likes Jennifer Lawrence, so much so he wants to date her. But I guess it's not the case when it comes to Amy? ( Please ignore this but what kind of crap is that?)

All these things it gives me the feeling that Sheldon is doing her a favor to date her. Like she's earning her credits to unlock Sheldon's love for her. Of course it's not true, but it just feels like that. And in order to keep her stuck with Sheldon, the writers sure went out their ways to not let Amy change her look or give her a normal love interest lol. I find it ridiculous that although Amy's personality has changed almost completely and she's open to a lot of new things but she still refuse to change her style even a little bit after 5 years. Is it THAT OOC to give the poor girl slightly cutter dresses and cardigans? And all the guys that interested in her are somehow creepy or weird. So frankly she never has any choice, even after their breakup.

I understand Sheldon's the star of the show and Amy's just a supporting character. But there's no supporting character in a relationship. And to me Amy is just as important and special as Sheldon. So can we just let them have this happy, easy relationship from now on without Amy wanting more and Sheldon just unable to give it to her? They've been doing this for years and it's EXHAUSTING. Can we just let Sheldon find himself attracted to Amy emotionally AND physically and regret what he's been missing for all these years? Can we please give a little bit of our attention which has been so focused on Sheldon from day one to Amy?

Can we just for this one time, let Amy be this happy girl without feeling a hole in her heart (or body) or feeling the need to fight for his love? It really shouldn't be that hard.

My comment has been taken totally out of context.  

I said that Amy and Sheldon would find balance.  I never said that Sheldon didn't want Amy.   I just don't think sex is a priority for him.   Amy has always been somewhat more eager than Sheldon.    Even though he is being all romantic, he still detests the thought of Valentines day.   Just because they are intimate now and he appreciates Amy, doesn't mean he's suddenly going to become the perfect boyfriend and she is not going to have to address some battles.

Couples at one time or another face times when one wants sex and the other doesn't.   It is a negotiation process.   It doesn't mean it is dead or that Sheldon is not going to want it.   He just may not as much as she, or it could even be the other way around, and they will have to work it out.   Just because one may not want it initially doesn't mean they can't be convinced.    I reiterate, that even activities in the bedroom involve some form of negotiation where both parties agree to what is or is not going to take place.

I think Sheldon is very much into Amy, and I don't think Amy is being neglected anymore.  Amy is happy, and she's happy because of Sheldon.   I just don't think their sexual relationship is going to be as active or treated like the others on the show, nor do I think they necessarily need it to be intimate with each other.   

I think this is part of what makes them so unique, because even in this area, they do not follow the conventional pattern of what some couples who discover sex for the first time go through thinking they need to make up for lost time.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 7

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic