[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

1 hour ago, camelliayao said:

Can we just for this one time, let Amy be this happy girl without feeling a hole in her heart (or body) or feeling the need to fight for his love? It really shouldn't be that hard.

I hear what you're saying.  Being  #TeamAmy on a show that's, lets face it, is centered on the guys, I've had my moments of negativity.  That being said, I'm pleased with this TR.  Amy seems happy.  He seems to have softened up just the right amount.

I don't expect the writers to showcase Shamy sex now that the "will they or won't they" question has been answered.  I don't think that means he doesn't want her, or that there's any problem, it's just not likely to be something we see on screen too much.  It's the same with the other couples.

I do think it's possible, that with a guest star's schedule to consider, this might no be 9.12.  There may be a Shamysex aftermath episode taped next week.  Might be why they didn't show 9.11 to the studio audience.  If that's true, it might be the episode that allays some of your fears.

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, Boonaroma said:

I do think it's possible, that with a guest star's schedule to consider, this might no be 9.12.  There may be a Shamysex aftermath episode taped next week.  Might be why they didn't show 9.11 to the studio audience.  If that's true, it might be the episode that allays some of your fears.

Never thought about that! You are right, it may have been taped out of order....as a matter of fact, not even a joke devoted to such a juicy subject for a band of gossip-fellows is too strange...

ETA: I've just checked in the CBS announcement  where they give the spoiler about the guess star in 9.12 on the TBBT official FB page; it is quite ambiguous about when the episode will air, they just say in the next year. It may be because they don't know yet the schedule for the 2016 episodes, but, however, it seems curious...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2015‎ ‎5‎:‎34‎:‎53‎, Cecilia said:

@jena sorry for replying without quoting but I am afraid I might mess up. My disagreement with you post is about the same section Kathy quoted. I don't think there is any sign that Amy was aware of their relationship being actually romantic at the time and surely not manipulating him. I think I would hate that because it would feel that she was not being completely honest with him. As Kathy said on their first encounter Amy seemed to be really aloof not really wanting to be there but doing it to get her mother off her back. I also think that Sheldon was way more smitten than her cause finally he found a human in a world of dogs (I think that is something Sheldon said or someone here once wrote but it's definitely not mine) so he grabbed the opportunity. For Amy I think it was a chance to have a friend and then an opportunity to finally stop meeting random people out of a dating site. Anyway Amy especially back then is bland and deadpan, with an arrogant streak and never afraid to throw the truth in Sheldon's face.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2015‎ ‎6‎:‎29‎:‎11‎, Kathy2611 said:

In the beginning, Amy was too outspoken and blunt to be manipulative enough to use her bag of tricks.  The look on her face when she went up to the counter to get her water?  I didn't see it as attraction on her part at all.  I'm sure he was the first guy that stuck around after he "no coitus" speech.  And she was curious.  She is a brain scientist after all.  

Again, she's a brain scientist and she even says that's the reason she's there next to him on the couch in Zazzy.  "Your mother thinks you might be losing your mind over me.  As a neurobiologist, I was curious."  I'm sure it also peeked her interest that for the first time in her life, I boy has a crush on her.  

When I say she's indifferent, I don't mean towards Sheldon in general but indifferent to anything romantic with him.

As for her mother and that whole situation, again, I think your reading too much into it.  She didn't stalk him.  He took the time to "erase" himself electronically and when she tried to get in contact with him about WHEN she wanted him to meet her mother, she wasn't able to get a hold of him so she had no choice but to go to him in person.  By then, yes she realized her mistake in being too vague about meeting her mother.  Again, do you remember that conversation between them?  She wasn't using reverse psychology.  All she wanted was her mother off her back and since Sheldon is a boy who's her friend (her only friend at that time) why not use him to make her mom think there's something more than there was?  No harm, no fowl. 

Watch season 4 again and see if what you see is still there.  I agree he became smitten from the first day, but it took Amy quiet a few episodes to get there too but she did get there eventually.

I just wanted to come back to these two posts to let you know that I went back and rewatched the S4 episodes, and I am now in agreement with you that Amy had a spark upon meeting Sheldon, but she didn't seem to be interested in anything more than friendship or anything romantic until Herb Garden.   I was reading more into it.   She wasn't being manipulative, but simply matter-of-fact about her intentions.

I am however ecstatic to realize that Sheldon was totally into Amy from the beginning and protested too much.   I don't know why I had it in my mind that it was the other way around that she was chasing him.   All Amy wanted was for him to meet her mother to convince her she was dating.   It cracks me up that he added the coitus factor when it was totally unnecessary.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Oh God this quote thingy drives me nuts !!!. Was trying to quote you mirs1 to say I'll be the same will watch gifs/edits and come on here in the morning but will be later on before I get to watch whole episode :) .

Im so excited everyone !!!!! . 

Try not to break the forum before we wake up tomorrow and get to join in the chat !!!! :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah, even if we work with the premise that he'll only engage in sexual activities "to manifest his emotional connection with Amy physically" or whatever - seeing how close they seem to be right now that might happen frequently enough. So I'm not worried about any of that.

On that same note, they don't show the other couples' sexual activities either all the time and yet we can assume they're gettin' busy behind closed doors regularly. Just saying.

And I still want to see him fail terribly at that - just like he frequently does with many other things he tries to regulate. Life doesn't work that way, Shelly! lol

I agree 100% on bold part.   I guess what I'm trying to get across is that just because Sheldon enjoyed sex does not mean it's going to be something he thinks about or wants all the time.   He wants to be with Amy for the sake of being with Amy, not because he has a sudden urge.   Yes, I do hope that occasionally we get a sudden desire that creeps up because of something she says or does that turns him on, but again, it's about and because of her.

I see Amy wanting it more and having to suggest the idea to Sheldon and him going with it or suggesting another time, but I think the push/pull is long gone.   What will surprise me is if Sheldon does indeed do a turnabout and discovers he wants it more than he thought he would, and that would be comedic to see him once again failing at keeping up with his denial.    I love the idea of another poster that he gets up in the middle of the night and starts baking or something because he doesn't realize that what he really wants is to be in the bed with his beloved.

Regarding the other couples, they may not show them having sex on screen, but their sex lives are mentioned quite often in conversation with each other and by others on the show, etc.   It's not an assumption that all are quite active.   They are, even Raj now.

What makes Shamy so special is that we don't need to know they are having sex to know they are intimate and madly in love.   They show us and each other through their eye contact and smiles.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, camelliayao said:

What about her needs? What about her thoughts? What about her life? What about her? She's been waiting for Sheldon to want her for 5 years and frankly I don't really see Sheldon wants her that much even now. But I was hoping since Sheldon is over the stage of being afraid of getting intimate, he'll explore the sexual part of himself and wants Amy more. But oh no, he's just too evolved and special for these things. And may I say Sheldon does find female attractive physically (or at least I think the show hints that), he likes Jennifer Lawrence, so much so he wants to date her. But I guess it's not the case when it comes to Amy? ( Please ignore this but what kind of crap is that?)

First of all, I was trying to go spoiler free but am not succeeding well. :icon_neutral:   Here we again, we are now going to debate whether Sheldon wants Amy physically etc.  If he wanted to have sex with her, of course, he wants her physically.  in my mind, you do not have sex with someone unless there is some kind of attraction and wanting.  He enjoyed it according to the taping reports.  

You don't see that he wants her even more now.  According to what I am reading here, But oh no, he's just too evolved and special for these things.   What??  Then why did he realize he was human, he had emotions in the Spock Resonance??  He realized he had been hiding behind a TV character all these years.  

You also have to realize that at this stage in the episodes, Sheldon is just starting out on his journey to intimacy with Amy in that they are rebooting their relationship (and not to the stage it was in season 4).  That's why it's called reconciliation.  He wants her, otherwise. why  would he miss her?

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

As for the rest of your post, I don't think  they will play again the card of sexually frustrated Amy, since it was already seen and doesn't add anything to comedy anymore, but I also don't see completely normalizing Sheldon in any aspect of his life. As mentioned by Gbb, we don't know how the next two episodes will play out on screen, in 9.12 Amy was out of town, so at the moment we don't know anything about the writers' plan for Shamy. I think they will find some equilibrium for the couple, a place in which both of them are more or less comfortable and happy and IC. That's my main concern, whatever happens to them I want they keep their magic. That's why 9.12 is so precious to me...

I have to agree with you.  The other episodes have not aired so the writers have not shown us how these two will move forward without becoming OCC with each other.  Once we see how the story evolves, if there is something to complain about, let's complain then.

In English, we have an expression.  Putting the cart before the horse and that's what I see is happening.  Like the breakup story, trust the writers.  They did not let us down with this story.

As well, this is a TV show and what I see is overanalyzing the characters, their motivations, etc.  Just enjoy the ride.

I'm going to apologize in advance if this is not what you meant to say, camillyao.  Maybe I misunderstood your post but you can let me know.  

5 hours ago, Boonaroma said:

I hear what you're saying.  Being  #TeamAmy on a show that's, lets face it, is centered on the guys, I've had my moments of negativity.  That being said, I'm pleased with this TR.  Amy seems happy.  He seems to have softened up just the right amount.

I don't expect the writers to showcase Shamy sex now that the "will they or won't they" question has been answered.  I don't think that means he doesn't want her, or that there's any problem, it's just not likely to be something we see on screen too much.  It's the same with the other couples.

I don't expect they show Shamy sex either. I just hope they can address in lines that Sheldon enjoys sex with Amy a lot and they have a normal sex life. They don't show that much of Lenny sex either, but we know they have a satisfying sex life. That's all I want.

I know it's pointless to argue things like this because at the end of the day it's the writers who get to decide and none of our wishes counts. But it just baffles me how as a shipper, one would want/believe them to be not sexually comparable. Yes their first time is more of emotionally bonding than just sex, but that's their first time! That doesn't mean sex between them can't be passionate or Sheldon doesn't want Amy physically just as much as emotionally.

Let me put it this way, if the show really portrays Sheldon as some sort of asexual and Amy just goes along with it, I will not be a Shamy shipper anymore. Because I think it's unfair to Amy's character. They didn't even give her a chance to explore what's out there. They just assume he's the one for her and she will do anything to just be with him, even it means she might never be able to be emotionally or physically satisfied.

And in that case I'm sorry but that "end game" seems so forced.

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

I don't expect they show Shamy sex either. I just hope they can address in lines that Sheldon enjoys sex with Amy a lot and they have a normal sex life. They don't show that much of Lenny sex either, but we know they have a satisfying sex life. That's all I want.

I know it's pointless to argue things like this because at the end of the day it's the writers who get to decide and none of our wishes counts. But it just baffles me how as a shipper, one would want/believe them to be not sexually comparable. Yes their first time is more of emotionally bonding than just sex, but that's their first time! That doesn't mean sex between them can't be passionate or Sheldon doesn't want Amy physically just as much as emotionally.

Let me put it this way, if the show really portrays Sheldon as some sort of asexual and Amy just goes along with it, I will not be a Shamy shipper anymore. Because I think it's unfair to Amy's character. They didn't even give her a chance to explore what's out there. They just assume he's the one for her and she will do anything to just be with him, even it means she might never be able to be emotionally or physically satisfied.

Give the writers time and the chance to do more episodes!!!!!  It's not going to happen overnight.  

2 hours ago, camelliayao said:

Can we just for this one time, let Amy be this happy girl without feeling a hole in her heart (or body) or feeling the need to fight for his love? It really shouldn't be that hard.

The optimist in me believes this is the Shamy 2.0 the writers are going to give us from now on so that the show can move on from this ongoing plot (Amy always left wanting) and Shamy can evolve into a more adult relationship with new funny stories, and then in turn there's more time to push other characters' stories along as well :) 

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

What exactly is the definition of a normal sex life?   I don't think frequency is an indicator.    Furthermore, sex is only a tiny portion of Shamy's intimate life and the things they enjoy together or what makes them a genuine partnership.   That is why they were able to reconcile even with the absence of a guarantee that sex would ever enter the equation, at least from Amy's view point.  

Sheldon and Amy are two different people who may have very different definitions on their expectations of intimacy, but they are just as solid, if not more, than any other couple on TBBT.  No one can tell them how to address the subject of sex, whether it be frequency, when, where, and how, in their lives except each other.

I have established that I will not label Sheldon, but he has shown lack of interest in sex until now.   Whatever the cause, if the case does exist where Sheldon's outlook on sex is different than Amy's on the level of priority, then communication and negotiation on both sides is essential for them to be comfortable in this area.     Sheldon has already shown that even though he may not display a need for sexual gratification for himself, he is willing to extend the dividing line over to Amy's side to make her happy and satisfy her.

If Shamy determine that they want to get more physically intimate in their relationship, then that will be something negotiated by them on their own terms, and not something that should be viewed as them being defined as normal or abnormal.

Whatever the terms end up being, it is evident that they are both happy with the way things have turned out, but it doesn't mean everything will be happily ever after.    Sheldon may continue to try to regulate things, while Amy may continue having to assist him out of his comfort zone.  Having sex doesn't take away the fact that relationships take effort and that Sheldon and Amy are the same people they were before the coitus.  The difference is they are working together now instead of against each other to make it work so that they both can find a happy medium.  

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Boonaroma said:

Oooooh interesting theory!!!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, MAH_B said:

Oooooh interesting theory!!!

Was trying to quote Boonerama's post.  Oh well... I do agree with Boonerama.  I have the same suspicion but we won't know whether that is right until later (I guess closer to the taping of the next episode).

5 minutes ago, lpm said:

Was trying to quote Boonerama's post.  Oh well... I do agree with Boonerama.  I have the same suspicion but we won't know whether that is right until later (I guess closer to the taping of the next episode).

If you think about it, it would be even better if this is a later episode. It would mean that quite some time after the reconciliation and the big change in their life that 9.11 brought, they are doing pretty well, because in 9.12 (let's call it this way, for the sake of simplicity) they seem really really happy to me!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

oh my god!!!! this is so unbelievably sweet! :cry:

I thought so too, and it might explain why it didn't get the toss into the round bin after the break up. There's a sweet sentiment behind it somewhere...

4 hours ago, jenafan said:

I'm curious, too.   However, a small part of me wonders if she knows something and is keeping it to herself, waiting for Sheldon to find the right moment.    I still can't believe nothing has gotten through the grapevine.   Penny and Bernie couldn't even keep it to themselves that Sheldon wanted to sleep with her, although I do believe their squeal worked in hers and Sheldon's favor.

Assuming Amy learned of this info before 9.09, my only issue with her already knowing that Sheldon had meant to propose would be that she would have used that info before 9.10...in 9.10 she has experienced Sheldon's rejection of her offer to be his GF again and in what appears to be an attempt to pick up the pieces and move on she is on a date with Dave again. If she knew Sheldon was serious enough to propose to her wouldn't she have made it a point to see if the dust settles and she could convince Sheldon to give it another go? Or better yet, wouldn't she use the proposal info to convince Sheldon that deep down he wants the relationship?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, camelliayao said:

The bold- that's a done deal now, 9.09 has shown that. Amy went back to Sheldon unconditionally, warts and all. The nice thing, however, is that Amy is going to get better than the norm she was willing to settle for. Fate takes a turn for the better for them both, as we will see tonight.

i think the writers have already shown Sheldon enjoys sex with Amy. He is quoted as saying in 9.11 that he enjoyed it more than he thought he would. That's a nod to the physical attraction side in my opinion. They'll be fine...

• Like 8

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic