[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

28 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

That is Penny's apartment...What the hell, they could have find a photo in which Sheldon was knocking to the right door....

I just thought the image was a mashup the OP made from a still promo shot and a pic of Sheldon knocking on a door. I thought it was cute :)

2 hours ago, lpm said:

Give the writers time and the chance to do more episodes!!!!!  It's not going to happen overnight.  

Of course. I've always believed in the writers.

I'm just surprised that some of us shippers would try so hard to prove/hope that Sheldon is sort of asexual or demisexual and he doesn't need sex per se, but because of his love for Amy, he does it anyway. It's like these people want Sheldon to be this way so that there's proof that he's Amy's true love because no matter what, she stays with him. That's just pathetic. And unfair.

All I'm saying is their sex can be both because of physically attracted and emotionally connected. It can be both hot and sweet. And hell yeah I want them both become horn dogs towards each other. And I want their sex good in both quality and quantity. Not "Even though I don't give it to Amy very often, but when we do it, we are so emotionally bonded and she should be satisfied enough." Seriously? Ew.

I hope the writers tell us in lines (of couse they can't show us directly) that their sex is frequent, intense, and whimsically inventive, just like Sheldon said.

And I'm gonna stop here because I can tell I'm ruining everyone else's perfectly good day lol. Sorry, just had to get these out of my chest.

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

That is Penny's apartment...What the hell, they could have find a photo in which Sheldon was knocking to the right door....

Ugh, that photo on the left makes my heart hurt.  Soooooo glad I know what happens.  And yeah, what the hell is up with the wrong door.  This is official?  Sucky.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, koops said:

Agreed, jlove! I also think it jives with the fact that Molaro specifically emphasized Sheldon going in for more kissing in the S8 finale, when he talked about it in interviews. I think Sheldon had been more or less ready since Prom, but still having some cold feet about it. I also think that on a subconscious level, it was always about wanting it for himself and not just for her, because he's been possessive of her on a physical level since before they became official. I don't think he fully consciously realized it, but back when she went to the wedding with Leonard or out for coffee with Stuart, she had not really voiced a desire for intimacy with him (Isolation notwithstanding), let alone as something that she had "pressured" him into, yet Sheldon was incredibly possessive and obsessed with her having sex with another man. And yes, it became even more obvious after the breakup. And once he decided being friends wasn't enough, there was no real reason for him to wait any longer. 

I know, my hubby and I are rewatching from the beginning right now and I LOVE that when she goes out with Stuart he says "Why is everybody so obsessed with Amy and Stuart?  And whether or not they may be having more pumpkin lattes or intercourse tonight?"   LOL

Edited by jlove
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, ashleyo85 said:

From rule34 on the spoiler-free board: Hooray for new episodes! Fingers crossed that we get a good one.

I am DYING to hear their reactions to this episode... and next weeks too!

oh my god they are going to FLIP OUT! I'm definitely gonna have to see how they react! I'm almost envious of them for not knowing! 

image.gif.eca1dcf5dd17265a340b3d52121ca6

• Like 4

Soon. Shamy. GAAAAAH!!! 

20 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

I'm tempted to open a bottle of champagne for this! :icon_cheesygrin:

Me too! But I don't know if it's okay to start drinking at 5am-ish when the episode airs :laugh:

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, jlove said:

Wow, so 5 days from reconciliation to coitus, even less from reconciliation to when he made the decision!  I've always been of the opinion that Sheldon had decided on sex with Amy even before the breakup, and this just solidifies it for me.  No one who has, even recently, had reservations about it could have jumped into it so quickly, if you ask me.  Purely speculation, but I think that he had decided he was ready to head there before they broke up.  I really don't think he would have been headed toward a proposal without having settled the intimacy issue in his own mind.

Before the breakup he may have even been thinking of it being something he would be primarily doing for her, because he loves her and knew she wanted them to share that.  But his behavior and comments during their break makes me think that he rather quickly realized that he actually wanted this for himself, as well.  I think it is like all the romantic/relationship trappings he used to fuss about but has now chosen.  He could have just kept Amy as his friend after 9.09, but he WANTS more, himself.

I really think it is telling that nearly all the comments he made in the early days of their break referenced sex at some level.  I think the comments immediately after the break like the age of her eggs, smooshing someone's "naked bosom like pizza dough" and "invading her southern borders" show that he actually got upset that he wasn't going to get to do those things he had been contemplating.  Kind of like "Hey, I finally decided we're going there and NOW you take it away from me?!"  I think he really realized during the break how MUCH he wanted to be intimate with her, (not purely for physical reasons but for the connection).  But I do think he had found himself getting excited about the decision, hence his kind-of-surprising amount of anger bringing up physical issues once that was, once again, off the table.

Sheldon realized he wants to be with Amy completely, hence his nearly-instant suggestion that they make love as soon as they get back together.

I love that Shamy gets back together on Mayim's birthday (in TBBT universe) and they lose their virginities together on Amy's birthday! :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 4

Just now, April said:

Thinking further about it makes me wonder if his talk with Penny and Bernie when he asks about the right birthday present was just a thinly veiled need for reassurance that, you know, what he planned was actually okay. The other two ideas, while also being something that Amy might enjoy, weren't exactly on the same level and I'm sure he knew that. I think he probably counted on either Penny and Bernie encouraging to pick birthday sex, or to tell him truthfully if that option was out of the question for whatever reason.

I was thinking of that yesterday too, when the promo photos came out. If Sheldon calls Amy in the middle of the night to announce he's going to spend her birthday with her (so, I assume, right after he talks to Proton), then when he goes to ask the girls for advice, the other two options aren't really to do with him spending the day with her because one was just "the possibility" to play with an orchestra and he wasn't planning to go to the yarn festival because he's scared of sheep. So, the only option that met his announcement of spending her birthday with her was the third. 

• Like 6

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic