Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • April

    1081

  • A Shamy gal

    1037

  • jenafan

    1018

  • Amy Fowler

    969

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Arduina said:

May I join the club? ;)

Of course! welcome to the 'Jim has perfect arms' club :laugh: 

1 hour ago, MJistheBOMB said:

So has anyone else watched an equivalent of 24 hours worth of the Shamy scenes and gifs over and over? Send help. LMAO!

Anyway, sorry to help rain on this particular parade as well but I do not believe there was any open mouth action here. It was definitely VERY WELL implied by the way Jim sort dug his lips into her face and moved his head. Haha. Sorry, hard to explain but I think most of us can agree that it was sexy as hell.

I also think that over time, their make out sessions will evolve into something more intense now that they're physical. I can wait to see their journey from here.

 

 

Maybe we should just stick to the fact it was a SIK & it was hot as fuck :laugh: I'm still totally jel of Mayim. Jim's lips are perfect.

New club: 'Jim has perfect kissable lipage'

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Listgirl said:

Also: if you spend enough time in tumblr in the Shamy section someone (can't remember who) reports that their unspoilt hubbie comments that (having watched the make up) Sheldon performs the DPM (dick press move) which amongst blokes is recognised as a manoeuvre which clearly indicates he wants to take things further. I think this manoeuvre has a more clinical name too but I can't remember that so apologises for the description above. I try not to be too fanciful with what I'm watching in sitcoms but i reckon that first kiss has a bit of that going on. Now if the theories about rehearsing carefully are true and that's deliberate, it's possibly a clue to Sheldons physical intentions to the unspoiled. I don't want to start up the does he desire her debate again as I think we have done that very thoroughly and I can hear the groans. But the 'is it all a bit quick' after the reconciliation question is answered perhaps. I have to say that I was slightly concerned the comsumation might seem a bit sudden but I'm increasingly coming round to the idea that Sheldon was definitely on that page by 8:24 so he's actually picking up where he left off. Also we didn't see them kiss all season 8 apart from the end of a kiss in 8:24. So although Sheldon was planning to propose and had settled in his mind that he was ready for sex, suddenly doing it from more or less a standing start seemed a bit unbelievable.  

I'm not sure this has necessarily been bugging many others but I was struggling to see how these particular characters would physically be in a good place to make the next step as it was looking like a massive leap.  No wonder the unspoilt are a little bewildered! Lol 

However the writing and acting nuances have so got this covered. I love this show!! 

Haha!!! That is me and my hubby! He was unspoiled and totalky predicted them getting back together. But yes he was shocked that Sheldon did as he so eleganly called it "the dick press move" and declared coitus was on the horizon!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jlove said:

 Yes, they rehearsed and rehearse and rehearse to this all week, with the director right there. I don't think anything actually happened during the taping took anyone by surprise, but if it was meant to look like it, Sheldon taking Amy by surprise, then  that is what they rehearsed, and filmed.

you'd be surprised what happens with theres an audience there its crazy. Things get 1,000x more intense!

9 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

7 pages since I last looked in here!

Y'all need to calm down! You would think our OTP were about to have sex or something! :wink: 

ARE THEY?!!!??!? :laugh: 

tumblr_nz6dtka42i1sp0cpeo6_250.gif

Loving the fact that Jim has to look UP at Stephen :laugh:. He's like a giant compared to Jim!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Gbb said:

I like to think he ran into Vanessa at a coffee shop down the street, she noticed his tie-clip, they discovered they were both scientists, got to chatting about atomic spectroscopy, one thing led to another, and...

I wrote a story about this exact thing happening  on my tumblr!

33 minutes ago, Gbb said:

I like to think he ran into Vanessa at a coffee shop down the street, she noticed his tie-clip, they discovered they were both scientists, got to chatting about atomic spectroscopy, one thing led to another, and...

I wrote about this exact thing happening on my tumblr ! Boys3allc.tumblr.com Shamy Cakes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, April said:

Had to run some errands so jlove beat me to the punch a bit but whatever, this way I'll just make some extra effort and talk a bit more about when Sheldon shows up at the door...

Obligatory: And another thing...!

I love how this whole situation wasn't framed as Sheldon winning over Dave or whatever. This isn't a moment of triumph over a romantic rival. In fact the show goes out of its way to tell us that Dave is really not the issue here. Amy just sees him as a rebound, and even Dave himself is shown to be the most harmless puppy who isn't really making any serious attempts to "claim" Amy for himself. He barely manages to kiss her - and even that was just because he was so excited that finally someone likes his tie pin. lol Even more so, the moment Sheldon shows up at the door he's literally taking himself out of the picture and when he pops back into the scene it's only as an audience surrogate to help Sheldon. So in result at no point Sheldon has to step up his game to win Amy back over Dave, or be territorial over her, or having to claim her, or whatever. The moment he shows up that battle (if one could even call it that) has already been won. If anything one could argue the writers made it too easy for him here. But then again that isn't the point at all of how this scene plays out, IMHO.

When Sheldon sees that Amy is on a date he isn't jealous or angry or territorial at all. Those were all reactions we've seen in him in the past - be it with Stewart, or Leonard, or even whatever suitor he imagines in 9x01 when he accuses her of wanting that notch in her bed post. What I see in his reaction towards Dave is for the most part being surprised of him (HIM of all people! the guy who kissed Amy!) being here, and a bit confusion as to Dave's reaction. Dave should be a romantic rival but he refuses to be one and instead helps Sheldon's case and immediately steps back. What I also see is that Sheldon is a bit mortified and unsure because it is such an emotionally vulnerable moment for him when he realises what he stumbled into. In the past he has not only struggled with admitting his true feelings to Amy but even more so to having a scene like this play out in front of other people.

But what I think this moment ultimately is about is indeed Sheldon being in such an emotionally vulnerable position and still going through with this. This whole breakup was an immensely humbling experience for him. And when he stands in front of Amy trying to tell her how he feels and that he wants to be her boyfriend again, I don't see a trace of his usual arrogance or confidence. Instead he's nervous, he's struggling to find the right things to say and even stumbling over his words. He looks a bit frightened at the prospect that he may have already messed this up. But he has to be a bit brave here. Courage isn't just a matter of not being frightened, you know. It's being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway. And he does. It's the culmination of his character arc this season that he finally gets over himself and commits to this relationship completely. Without any doubts or reservations or cheap tricks or whatever else he may have tried in the past. All that Amy wants is him and that is what he's finally willing to give.

The last paragraph is so beautiful. I'm tearing up.:crying:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, my weekend is going to consist of watching these gifs over and over again (even though I should be doing my homework) until I eventually spontaneously combust. I am going to be a whole puddle of goo by the time the next episode airs, (isn't everybody?) 200w.gif

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jenafan said:

Sometimes, I just feel so wrong on here just for expressing an opinion because of the reaction I get.  I become tempted to leave the forum.  

Really? Just because people don't agree with you? :( 

I agree with you and @2L344 that Amy would have been open to a physical relationship with Dave, her conversation with Bernie indicated that BUT I disagree that after 5 years with Sheldon, Amy's obvious hang ups about physical intimacy (which pre-date her relationship with Sheldon)not to mention the factor that she was a virgin - that she would have slept with him that night. 

Maybe further down the line but she's not gonna go from realising that she was still in love with Sheldon flaws and all to bedding a guy she barely knows in one night. The best way to get over someone is to get under someone :wink: but not if it's your first time :( 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, April said:

Had to run some errands so jlove beat me to the punch a bit but whatever, this way I'll just make some extra effort and talk a bit more about when Sheldon shows up at the door...

Obligatory: And another thing...!

I love how this whole situation wasn't framed as Sheldon winning over Dave or whatever. This isn't a moment of triumph over a romantic rival. In fact the show goes out of its way to tell us that Dave is really not the issue here. Amy just sees him as a rebound, and even Dave himself is shown to be the most harmless puppy who isn't really making any serious attempts to "claim" Amy for himself. He barely manages to kiss her - and even that was just because he was so excited that finally someone likes his tie pin. lol Even more so, the moment Sheldon shows up at the door he's literally taking himself out of the picture and when he pops back into the scene it's only as an audience surrogate to help Sheldon. So in result at no point Sheldon has to step up his game to win Amy back over Dave, or be territorial over her, or having to claim her, or whatever. The moment he shows up that battle (if one could even call it that) has already been won. If anything one could argue the writers made it too easy for him here. But then again that isn't the point at all of how this scene plays out, IMHO.

When Sheldon sees that Amy is on a date he isn't jealous or angry or territorial at all. Those were all reactions we've seen in him in the past - be it with Stewart, or Leonard, or even whatever suitor he imagines in 9x01 when he accuses her of wanting that notch in her bed post. What I see in his reaction towards Dave is for the most part being surprised of him (HIM of all people! the guy who kissed Amy!) being here, and a bit confusion as to Dave's reaction. Dave should be a romantic rival but he refuses to be one and instead helps Sheldon's case and immediately steps back. What I also see is that Sheldon is a bit mortified and unsure because it is such an emotionally vulnerable moment for him when he realises what he stumbled into. In the past he has not only struggled with admitting his true feelings to Amy but even more so to having a scene like this play out in front of other people.

But what I think this moment ultimately is about is indeed Sheldon being in such an emotionally vulnerable position and still going through with this. This whole breakup was an immensely humbling experience for him. And when he stands in front of Amy trying to tell her how he feels and that he wants to be her boyfriend again, I don't see a trace of his usual arrogance or confidence. Instead he's nervous, he's struggling to find the right things to say and even stumbling over his words. He looks a bit frightened at the prospect that he may have already messed this up. But he has to be a bit brave here. Courage isn't just a matter of not being frightened, you know. It's being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway. And he does. It's the culmination of his character arc this season that he finally gets over himself and commits to this relationship completely. Without any doubts or reservations or cheap tricks or whatever else he may have tried in the past. All that Amy wants is him and that is what he's finally willing to give.

Beautifully said, and exactly what I got from this scene! Makes my heart melt!

Edited by S.L Farrell
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say, I don't think there were any deliberate hints in the kissing scene that sex was on the horizon.  I only say that because Jim and Mayim hadn't seen the next week's script until after this scene was filmed.  Still, I don't want to ruin anyone's fun who sees foreshadowing.  Maybe the director knew and asked them to play it that way.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I agree with you and @2L344 that Amy would have been open to a physical relationship with Dave, her conversation with Bernie indicated that BUT I disagree that after 5 years with Sheldon, Amy's obvious hang ups about physical intimacy (which pre-date her relationship with Sheldon)not to mention the factor that she was a virgin - that she would have slept with him that night. 

Maybe further down the line but she's not gonna go from realising that she was still in love with Sheldon flaws and all to bedding a guy she barely knows in one night. The best way to get over someone is to get under someone :wink: but not if it's your first time :( 

I'm so torn on my feelings about this. I think she wanted to get those V plates gone and if it meant sleeping with a stranger, she'd have done it. Remember we're thinking shes opting for second best with Dave, they could have stayed together for years. In a sense Dave & Amy would have done the reverse of Sheldon & Amy - they'd have slept together first then been together years. She was acting out of desperation on all levels with Dave I think. And to a certain extent, he was too. Perfect fit. I just don't get that she'd be that dumb & ignore that subconcious voice in the back of her head telling her that sleeping with Dave wouldn't have been a good idea & that she still loves Sheldon.

Bottom line, I think she'd have got as far as the bedroom with Dave, then realised she was being silly

17 hours ago, jenafan said:

Sometimes, I just feel so wrong on here just for expressing an opinion because of the reaction I get.  I become tempted to leave the forum.  

I must have missed this but please don't leave. I love the way you view things, its insightful & thought provoking. Your incredibly valued on here Jena :)

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tmp said:

I have to say, I don't think there were any deliberate hints in the kissing scene that sex was on the horizon.  I only say that because Jim and Mayim hadn't seen the next week's script until after this scene was filmed.  Still, I don't want to ruin anyone's fun who sees foreshadowing.  Maybe the director knew and asked them to play it that way.

I don't think that just because Jim and Mayim didn't expect it to happen right in the next episode it was never implied the relationship would go that way soon. I do think the people that definitely knew, meaning the writers, surely added a scene description about what they wanted. They are always very deliberate with their choices when it comes to intimacy between Sheldon and Amy. So while they probably didn't write that Shamy will do the dance with no pants the very next week, I have not doubt that they wrote in some explicit directions that it's time for them to get more physical and passionate with their kissing.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amy Fowler said:

I'm still totally jel of Mayim.

I'm totally jealous of Jim.

Mayim is insanely hot. :maninlove: 

1 hour ago, Gbb said:

they discovered they were both scientists, got to chatting about atomic spectroscopy, one thing led to another, and...

Vanessa doesn't like  atomic spectroscopy. She finds it boring.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorta in the same position Amy was in----was in a relationship with someone I really liked but it ended 6 months ago.  I'm not over him but he doesn't want to try again.  My inclination is to move on with someone else even though I'm not over the first guy;  unlike Amy I have no Dave waiting in the wings though.  And that's a good thing---because I can't even imagine kissing anyone else until I get over the ex.  I understand Amy wanting to move on and Dave likes her so there is that;  but I just don't see her being able to go through with anything more than a kiss.    To me she is going along with a kiss but she really isn't wanting it the way she wants the kisses she ultimately gets with Sheldon.  Just my opinion based on my own situation......unless the writers tell us otherwise, I don't think we will ever really know.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Listgirl said:

Also: if you spend enough time in tumblr in the Shamy section someone (can't remember who) reports that their unspoilt hubbie comments that (having watched the make up) Sheldon performs the DPM (dick press move) which amongst blokes is recognised as a manoeuvre which clearly indicates he wants to take things further. I think this manoeuvre has a more clinical name too but I can't remember that so apologises for the description above. I try not to be too fanciful with what I'm watching in sitcoms but i reckon that first kiss has a bit of that going on. Now if the theories about rehearsing carefully are true and that's deliberate, it's possibly a clue to Sheldons physical intentions to the unspoiled. I don't want to start up the does he desire her debate again as I think we have done that very thoroughly and I can hear the groans. But the 'is it all a bit quick' after the reconciliation question is answered perhaps. I have to say that I was slightly concerned the comsumation might seem a bit sudden but I'm increasingly coming round to the idea that Sheldon was definitely on that page by 8:24 so he's actually picking up where he left off. However we didn't see them kiss all season 8 apart from the end of a kiss in 8:24; not much progress. So although Sheldon was planning to propose and had settled in his mind that he was ready for sex, suddenly doing it from more or less a standing start seemed a bit unbelievable.  

I'm not sure this has necessarily been bugging many others but I was struggling to see how these particular characters would physically be in a good place to make the next step as it was looking like a massive leap.  No wonder the unspoilt are a little bewildered! Lol 

However the writing and acting nuances have so got this covered. I love this show!! 

That was my favourite part! *runs away giggling madly* :rofl::wink: 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Listgirl said:

Also: if you spend enough time in tumblr in the Shamy section someone (can't remember who) reports that their unspoilt hubbie comments that (having watched the make up) Sheldon performs the DPM (dick press move) which amongst blokes is recognised as a manoeuvre which clearly indicates he wants to take things further. I think this manoeuvre has a more clinical name too but I can't remember that so apologises for the description above. I try not to be too fanciful with what I'm watching in sitcoms but i reckon that first kiss has a bit of that going on. Now if the theories about rehearsing carefully are true and that's deliberate, it's possibly a clue to Sheldons physical intentions to the unspoiled.

Yes, I read that too, it was so funny!  I think her unspoiled husband said "Hey, he did the dick press move, I bet they're going to have coitus this season!"

i honestly laughed out loud when I read that, not having ever heard the term DPM before.  Loved that as a guy that's what he thought though, especially knowing where next week goes!

Boys3allc, just caught up on the comments and saw you claim that.  :-)

Make sure your hubby knows he has a fan club here!  LOL!

Edited by jlove
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.