The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

I am not that worried about that Shenny kiss with.  The writers want to show us that Sheldon can be passionate without actually using the real sheldon. Hence, the dream.  They want the viewers to get used to the idea of a Sheldon with urges.  Was this the best way to do it? No. But that is what we got.   Now, when Shamy get back together it will be dynamite.  It will be better than anything we've seen on screen.  I for one cannot wait for the moment.  Given what we know about the taping last night and just how angry these Shamy are, I do think their first time will come arise out of anger.  I picture Sheldon going once more to Amy's apartment  she's finally had enough and lets him into to talk.  They argue.  Sheldon says something like:  I don't what to do anymore. Do you want me to ravage you right now? Will that make you happy?   Let's do this once and for all.  He starts taking off his shirt.  He tells her to get undress.  Amy is like what the hell we're are not doing this.  You don't really want to.  Then Sheldon says,  but I really do.   He goes to grab and kiss her and then one things leads to another.  Maybe too fanfiction, but it could happen.  It would show a pattern with sheldon.  

The dream kiss had nothing to do with showing that SHeldon can be passionate.  That was TOTALLY Leonard imagining some nightmare scenario.  The content and existence of the dream are purley on Leonard.  And I don't think he's imagining what a passionate man Sheldon can be...

Why would the audience need to get used to the idea of Sheldon with urges when he's been hinting at it all last season?  Talking about upper flermins and all that.

I hope their first time does not come out of anger or anytime soon, but comes about in a more realistic, loving way.  It doesn't have to be sappy, but it doesn't have to be soapy, either.

• Like 7

Which is why I'm annoyed that we are wasting time with this stupid breakup stuff when there's only 2 seasons left and so much left to explore with these two. I really want to see them taking each baby step to get there, and wasting time with Sheldon being a jerk and Amy slamming doors won't help with that.

I agree 100%.  They need to sort this out quickly, so they can get on to that stuff.

• Like 1

I think is Jim who dont "want to do" this scenes. ...

Why wouldn't he want to do these scenes?  He's an actor.  He wants to do pretty much everything.  And he trusts the writers.

• Like 2

I think is Jim who dont "want to do" this scenes. ...

I heard it was Jim who normally had to talk Mayim round for that kind of stuff and that her objections are usually based on thinking that the characters are not ready for whatever it is they're going to do.

• Like 1

I dont said he dont trusts. But he said he wouldnt do things that other actors yes... I think that things like kissing or some like that if it is too much he dont wanna do it or he dont like a lot... my opinion of course

Your opinion, sure - but tbqh evidence doesn't really support this theory. I don't think we need to worry about Jim being forced to do something that goes against whatever principles he has (which I assume go way beyond some making out scenes for that kind of show). On all accounts he and Mayim have a great relationship and are both into Shamy - there is no indication that the writers need to drag things out or tone it down for their sake.

• Like 2

I dont said he dont trusts. But he said he wouldnt do things that other actors yes... I think that things like kissing or some like that if it is too much he dont wanna do it or he dont like a lot... my opinion of course

But where do you get that idea from?  He did an interview years ago where they asked him if there was anything he wouldn't do on the show and he said he couldn't think of anything. 

• Like 1

It's from his Emmy speech last year. He was addressing his fellow nominees. I see you do things I won't do...I see you do things I couldn't do.

I took it as how they all make acting choices and those choices can be very different.

• Like 1

Regardless, this is a CBS primetime sitcom. I'm pretty sure nothing Jim wouldn't do is something that is even allowed on this type of show! LOL. 

• Like 9

The only thing I've heard him refuse to do was wear that Princess Leia bikini, which he objected to because he had an issue at the time.

It's from his Emmy speech last year. He was addressing his fellow nominees. I see you do things I won't do...I see you do things I couldn't do.

I took it as how they all make acting choices and those choices can be very different.

yes, I took it as he wouldnt wanna do it for some reason. But yeah, maybe it is for choices of acting. :)

But where do you get that idea from?  He did an interview years ago where they asked him if there was anything he wouldn't do on the show and he said he couldn't think of anything. 

He's against working with kids and doesn't want babies for anybody on the show.

I have actually wondered if the reason we don't have more intense scenes with Shamy is because Mayim has limitations about what she is willing to do on screen.   Even Jim has mentioned upon receipt of one of his Emmy's that there are some things he just will not do that others will.   With Kaley being less conservative, the writers have allowed us to see a much more passionate side of Sheldon (Jim's acting) that would normally not be seen on the air, but in a way that has little to no impact on Shamy except Sheldon's misuse of the of the dream events to get back at Amy.

Mayim did more intense stuff on Blossom as a teen.

• Like 2

He isn't against working with kids in general, the whole cast has joked about how having children or babies on the TBBT set would lengthen their work day and they don't want that to happen. So no one in the cast wants it.

He's against working with kids and doesn't want babies for anybody on the show.

I don't think he would ever refuse to work with kids.  They just don't want kids for the characters or to encumber the show.  None of them do.

I get that, Starsamaria. I think what upsets me is that in the finale they both had a leg to stand on, and Molaro emphasized that over and over again. But in the first two episodes of this season they have chopped off Sheldon's leg in a heartbeat, and, seriously, who can blame Amy right now for not wanting to be around him? How is she meant to miss him and want him back instead of confirming her decision if he acts like this? 

Granted, it's hard to say without a detailed report, let alone without the actual episode, how Sheldon really comes across. I think part of me is relieved that Amy reads right through his stupidity and doesn't fall or gets upset by him trying to imply he's sleeping around, and I have read some details about the scarf scene on Tumblr that makes it come across rather sweet and heartbreaking. As for the FWF part, if he is just doing a passive-aggressive podcast about countries that split up, throwing jabs at her, I can get that. It's incredibly immature, but I can get that. If he's actually smearing her and humiliating her online then it's a different story. But without details it's hard to tell.

I feel that Sheldon is acting totally IC, and that Amy does see through most of it.   She knows Sheldon wants to be with her, but the question remains if he is retaliating for the sake of regaining homeostasis on his terms or does he really want to develop a future with her as his life partner and lover? 

Sheldon's selfishness blinds Amy to realizing just how his actions are a cover for how much she means to him.  Sheldon is incorporating sex and innuendos all over the place but still can't tell Amy directly how he feels; the insults undermine the intention.   It is like Sheldon is screaming "I love you and want to be with you in every way" to Amy in a language she would understand from him in normal circumstances, but the message is not getting across to her now because of her hurt and the tone in which his feelings are being presented are all wrong.  Sheldon thinks his little lady, with all her brilliance, should get it.   Amy, on the other hand, is looking for the emotion and action behind his words.   All she wants right now is space to think, and Sheldon won't give it to her.  He can't understand why she wants to be away from him for so long, when he is dying inside to just be with her, even if it is to fight.

Going back to the Premiere TR, it seems after Amy broke up with Sheldon, she wondered if she did the right thing.    She seems to understand that her actions could make or break them for good, but she has been left with no other choice.  We have to remember that Sheldon is not the only one hurting.   Amy is, too.   I don't think she wanted this break up.  She doesn't want to cause him pain but is determined to stand her ground for both their sakes.   

If Amy were to take him back now, they will just end up back where they were.  By continuing to reprimand his behavior, put him off, and not falling for his ruse, she is showing him that treating her this way is not acceptable.   I think this is what Sheldon needs.   He has got to understand that child-like antics don't mix with an adult relationship, and who better to show him than the woman who has a grasp on his heart?   At the same time, Amy needs the space to think of how she has contributed to their breakdown and what she wants.

It may come about that Amy has to leave town, go be with her family, to get the time away from Sheldon that she has begged him for.  This may be when Amy's backstory comes in, and perhaps without her around to harass, Sheldon will finally have the time that he needs to think as well.   When Sheldon has exhausted himself and being with Amy becomes more important to him than being "right" or the "victim", he will come to his senses, and he will get her back in a manner that will completely melt her heart and ours.

The rumors are that Amy may consider dating others.   If this is true, perhaps it is because she starts to doubt Sheldon will ever come around and feels the need to move on, not make him jealous.   If this is the case, I hope it only serves to prove that Sheldon is the only one for her.  It is at this time that they both become what is needed for them to reconcile.

I do not want Sheldon to change and become all sappy and everything be happily ever after with Shamy.   I enjoy their little minor spats, negotiations, etc.  I just want Sheldon to be more considerate of Amy's feelings and Amy to be more understanding about the way he expresses himself to h

Edited by jenafan
I replaced the word "training" in my commentary to "showing" to better convey want I meant to say. Sheldon is very much not a dog that needs to be taught to fetch. Thanks to koops, for pointing this out.
  • Like 9

yes, I took it as he wouldnt wanna do it for some reason. But yeah, maybe it is for choices of acting. :)

He was talking about acting/character choices, not about things like kissing or whatever.  Jim's open to doing pretty much anything, judging by various interviews.

As for the Leia bikini, he was self-conscious about his abdomen.  For a long time he's had a bit of a belly pooch, even when he was bone skinny.  I do wonder, with all the working out he's been doing lately, if that's no longer the case. :)

• Like 3

I don't think he would ever refuse to work with kids.  They just don't want kids for the characters or to encumber the show.  None of them do.

Maybe, I dunno. 

Also, going back to Jim's "don't wanna do it but has to do it scene" didn't Kerry mention that Jim and Kaley seemed to have fun with the makeout scene? They're both aware that it's just a nightmare sequence so probably aren't bothered by it.

I feel that Sheldon is acting totally IC, and that Amy does see through most of it.   She knows Sheldon wants to be with her, but the question remains if he is retaliating for the sake of regaining homeostasis on his terms or does he really want to develop a future with her as his life partner and lover? 

Sheldon's selfishness blinds Amy to realizing just how his actions are a cover for how much she means to him.  Sheldon is incorporating sex and innuendos all over the place but still can't tell Amy directly how he feels; the insults undermine the intention.   It is like Sheldon is screaming "I love you and want to be with you in every way" to Amy in a language she would understand from him in normal circumstances, but the message is not getting across to her now because of her hurt and the tone in which his feelings are being presented are all wrong.  Sheldon thinks his little lady, with all her brilliance, should get it.   Amy, on the other hand, is looking for the emotion and action behind his words.   All she wants right now is space to think, and Sheldon won't give it to her.  He can't understand why she wants to be away from him for so long, when he is dying inside to just be with her, even if it is to fight.

Going back to the Premiere TR, it seems after Amy broke up with Sheldon, she wondered if she did the right thing.    She seems to understand that her actions could make or break them for good, but she has been left with no other choice.  We have to remember that Sheldon is not the only one hurting.   Amy is, too.   I don't think she wanted this break up.  She doesn't want to cause him pain but is determined to stand her ground for both their sakes.   

If Amy were to take him back now, they will just end up back where they were.  By continuing to reprimand his behavior, put him off, and not falling for his ruse, she is training him that treating her this way is not acceptable.   I think this is what Sheldon needs.   He has got to learn that child-like antics don't mix with an adult relationship, and who better to train him than the woman who has a grasp on his heart.   At the same time, Amy needs the space to think of how she has contributed to their breakdown and what she wants.

It may come about that Amy has to leave town, go be with her family, to get the time away from Sheldon that she has begged him for.  This may be when Amy's backstory comes in, and perhaps without her around to harass, Sheldon will finally have the time that he needs to think as well.   When Sheldon has exhausted himself and being with Amy becomes more important to him than being "right" or the "victim", he will come to his senses, and he will get her back in a manner that will completely melt her heart and ours.

The rumors are that Amy may consider dating others.   If this is true, perhaps it is because she starts to doubt Sheldon will ever come around and feels the need to move on, not make him jealous.   If this is the case, I hope it only serves to prove that Sheldon is the only one for her.  It is at this time that they both become what is needed for them to reconcile.

I do not want Sheldon to change and become all sappy and everything be happily ever after with Shamy.   I enjoy their little minor spats, negotiations, etc.  I just want Sheldon to be more considerate of Amy's feelings and Amy to be more understanding about the way he expresses himself to her.

I was nodding along through pretty much the entire post until I got to the "training" part. Man, I'm sorry, but I really have issues when people talk about training Sheldon like he's a dog. He's a grown man, who definitely has to realize that his actions can have devastating consequences, but the point of Amy standing her ground right now has nothing to do with "training" him. She's not doing it to train him, she's doing it because she's hurt and upset and wants to be alone right now. I don't think that if Sheldon came up to her with flowers and an apology right now she would take him back on the spot either because she simply hasn't had the time to think things through. And we haven't had the chance to see her think things through. 

• Like 8

I have a question to everyone who went to the taping. On the The Big Bang Theory web site there´s written that Sheldon gave Leonard and Penny some tickets for a trip to San Francisco. Is this information correct? And did they show how they went to San Franciso? I would be very thankful if someone could give me an answer to my question. I wonder, if they are going to show in the next episode how Lenny arrive there and if they find any hints of further plans Sheldon made for this trip. Maybe he wanted to propose to Amy on this trip? I´m sure Penny would freak out, if she found out.
 Or maybe Sheldon just planned something romantic for him and Amy? Why else would he give the tickets away? He could go with Leonard anyway, if it was just a simple trip. But he gave them away for their honeymoon.  I hope that this is the reason and not because, he just didn´t want to be reminded of their break up.

Edited by Desdemona

Agreed with the other guys above. The lack of intense scenes with Shamy has to do with the slow pace of their relationship, the fact that canon Sheldon's deal is always a delicate subject for the writers and the fact that they're simply too inexperienced and new to this to reach a certain level of passion. Mayim explained it herself at CC when she said essentially that their kissing scenes aren't chaste because she and Jim can't kiss better than that but because that's what is appropriate for the characters given who they are and what their experiences are.

Also, Sheldon did not misuse anything. He does not know about Leonard's dream and did not tell Amy he slept with Penny. He used Penny's bra in the box to lead Amy to think he had other girls on the side, but Amy immediately spotted that the bra was Penny's and saw through his BS. 

Very good points made by everyone here, and I did not mean any disrespect to Mayim.  I think she is wonderful.    I have just read so much about how conservative she is, and wondered if this was a factor.   Please forgive my misassumption.

Also, thanks for the clarification on whether or not Sheldon knew about the dream.  I couldn't tell from from last night's commentary if the idea of the bra in the box came from Sheldon knowing about the dream or not.

• Like 4