[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

47 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

It's not from this promo. It's the one on TBBT's youtube channel.

The Big Bang Theory - The Opening Night Excitation (Preview)_2015年12月13日 下午12.45.16.png

Someone may have already mentioned this, but I just noticed that the blue Tardis door is gone.  I wonder when Amy got rid of it.

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Amy Fowler said:

Today's Shamy text (because I'm getting well good at remembering!): 

image.jpeg.133cb095d73eb7b9a537dbf0b53ad

This "I'm pregnant" thing would be a great thing for a possible April Fools episode. But in the end, someone is telling the truth and nobody knows who...dun-dun-duuuun!

PS: Amy stutters while texting lol.

1 hour ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

Tripper said it was ok to post these :)

image.gif.2d549ab5969c28719c1bc4a210b4d0image.gif.9fd808fe2fc9107eddfaa95d9e7b07image.gif.2082e80529e2931fba6da28852e7da

(from tumblr) 

OMG!!!!!!!! The first picture of Sheldon and Amy slowly coming closer to each other, plus Sheldon´s look, so full of love kills me. And then Amy slowly closes her eyes before she kisses Sheldon. They really are going to kill us once this episode airs.  Thank you so much for posting these pictures FortCozyMcBlanket!

Look at Sheldon. He´s so happy, he likes what he´s seeing. I wonder how he says "hello" to Amy. With a happy, boyish tone. Or in a more flirty way, with a deeper voice, something that says between the lines: "Hello pretty lady, come over here!"

Amy´s smile looks so happy, her smile reminds me of a high school girl that meets her crush. So adorable!! luxlove.gif

I will not be able to sleep tonight, that´s for sure.

Edited by Desdemona

16 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

This "I'm pregnant" thing would be a great thing for a possible April Fools episode. But in the end, someone is telling the truth and nobody knows who...dun-dun-duuuun!

PS: Amy stutters while texting lol.

I have a strange feeling his might happen. A 'WHOS PREGNANT?'. The three girls take a test, mystery hand holding the positive test etc. etc. etc. Although we don't really know where Lenny stand on when they'll have babies. We know they will but don't know when, Howardette are trying I'm guessing and well, Shamy have just discovered sex so it could happen. But I defiently see this being a future cliffhangery storyline.

LOL I type out loud :laugh: 

Edited by Amy Fowler

42 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Someone may have already mentioned this, but I just noticed that the blue Tardis door is gone.  I wonder when Amy got rid of it.

Who knows. Maybe the landlord told her to remove it, as it was an unauthorized alteration.

Either way, as she said:-

Really should have thought this through. :rofl: 

24 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

But in the end, someone is telling the truth and nobody knows who...dun-dun-duuuun!

I hope they don't do that.

It'd be a rip off from Friends.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Man, of all weeks to have the office Christmas retreat... (BTW, to Spanish fellow Shamies, your country is lovely and Manchego is ambrosia.)

Now, my only experience of this episode has been clips and .gifs, so I might properly watch the episode and come back saying 'IGNORE EVERYTHING I JUST SAID.'

The good (so much good):

- 'WHY ARE YOU SO STRONG?!?'

- In general, the running gag with the earworm was fantastic.

- Sheldon's vlogs where he talks about Penny and Leonard! I really like that the show was so careful to note that, while Sheldon going after Amy was the capper of this episode, there was a more general theme of Sheldon expressing his appreciation of his old and dear friends.

- Weren't Lenny charming? Lint trapper, indeed.

- Dave. Gawky, towering, gentle, generous Dave.

The bad (and not even 'bad' so much as '.....was this really the best way you could do this?'):

- The cheese! Now, I love me some cheese (mmmmmm.... Manchego), but the impassioned third-act declaration interrupting a date....I could not. I am sorry, I am sorry, my superego is stronger than I knew. I loved the kissing, I loved the 'I love you', I loved the way Amy squealed 'Get back in here!', and the performances throughout were wonderful, but I was POWERFULLY torn between the squee and the cringe, and the cringe won. I am sorry, I am sorry, it did.

- Ages back, when we first heard about Dave's character, I bitterly speculated that we were in for months of Sheldon and Amy dating other people, which would only end when Sheldon interrupted Dave and Amy's wedding. I may even have wondered whether Dave would selflessly give Amy up, while Amy blushingly and meekly consented to being handed from one tall dude to another tall dude. Now that is not, thank God, exactly what happened. But the memory is too strong, and the parallels too uncomfortably clear, for me to like the way the reconciliation happened.

- Because, fundamentally- Amy, girl, why were you even with Dave? I get it, you're hurting, you're rudderless and maybe you want the ego boost of a man who is interested in you. Maybe subconsciously you want this exact man because the two of you are united in your adoration of Sheldon. I get what you're going for, writers, I do. Doesn't mean I don't grit my teeth a little. Did Amy really have to drift from Sheldon to Dave, and wait, wringing her hands, to be rescued by Sheldon? Would it have killed you to have her throw herself into work and have Sheldon interrupt a lecture or a seminar, if you desperately needed him to interrupt something and snog Amy in front of an appreciative audience? Can Amy only breathe now if she is being squired by a man? Has she forgotten that she doesn't, you know, actually need to be dating anybody? I say 'forgotten', because Amy did use to know that. Has falling in love and getting her heart broken made her forget? Because, if so, I warn you, writers, you are not selling falling in love as a growth experience for Amy.

- And- even if you needed Amy to be on a date for the homage to Spittoon to work- did Amy really need to be rescued by Sheldon? I was following the controversy where jena and 2L wondered what would have happened if Sheldon hadn't shown up. I like to think that Amy would have come to her senses, said 'The fuck am I doing? How about I concentrate on myself for a while, instead of settling for someone who doesn't particularly turn my crank?', and sent Dave on his way with a friendly handshake. I like to think that, but I agree that the possibility that Amy and Dave would go further was not squashed by Amy herself. Instead, we all winced as Amy and Dave drew closer- yes, yes, so that the impact of Sheldon's arrival would be enhanced. Again, I get what you're going for, writers. But Sheldon had already had so many, many epiphanies. Would it have killed you to allow Amy this moment of clarity and autonomy? To say 'You know, Dave, how about no?' before Sheldon knocked on the door? I know, I know, you wanted the moment. you wanted the dread. You wanted the suspense. I only wanted Amy to take a stand for what she wanted, instead of leaving the really sour feeling in my mouth that Amy needed the intervention of Sheldon- and then Dave to give Sheldon permission to kiss her.

BUT! Bring on next episode, and Amy looking giddy and delighted and so very beautiful (and still very Amy) in that charming nightie!

Edited by wowbagger

4 hours ago, jenafan said:

I just can't wait to see the aftermath of his "force" awakening.   Wild hair, breathless, holding hands, cuddling, better than expected...   I'm so happy they are happy Shamy now in every way.

Oh yes. I can't wait to see them cuddling in bed. <3

On 12/12/2015, 1:24:53, cutiepie said:

whathappened.gif.f6cacd66f072dcbf00669f1

I am surprised that after this wonderful episode, you prefer to discuss what would have happened with Dave and Amy, but I find interesting every point of view about this. Although I think it is open to interpretation by each one of us and will never know for sure.

But I propose another topic, I noticed that in the vanity card is something about regret. I don't know but it seems weird but then again I've never paid attention to this. "In a future vanity card I will explain how to handle regret. Like cookies, it involves breaking it into bite-sized pieces."

On the other hand, we can also continue to admire these gifs

tumblr_nz7axxdPng1sj94muo8_250.gif.3022f

http://thebigbangtheorists.tumblr.com/post/134987591755

Great gif!  By the way, I love your profile pic. My favourite close-up was of Sheldon laughing about the coffee prank. So cute!

ok so i've been rewatching the end of this ep (AGAIN) and since i am able to compose long sentences first time in 3 days i wanna list everything i love about it... It's probably been said here a thousand times by now but im sorry i can't contain myself : D

- i love how he acknowledges that she's made his life BETTER
(even after these 6 months of heartbreak caused by her leaving him.. Idk tbh if i could say something so selfless. I love how his love for her is so unconditional at this point)
- how he says so matter of factly he was living like half a man without love... where is his arrogance, pride, denial, stubborness, anything?!
- how he just runs out the door without planning and without asking anybody to drive him! I love Sheldon acting on impulse <3
- Dave being so adorable... "I'm just a harmless giant from a foreign land"
- knock knock knock AMY! knock knock knock AMY! knock knock knock AMY! i missed him knocking on her door!! and saying her name. (Btw idk if i'm the only one, but it always seems to me that he pronounces her name not like others do .. Like, he says it so much softer.. I don't know how to explain it. But i just melt everytime he says 'AMY'. And even during all these months of heartbreak I don't remember him ever saying her name angrily or something.. He always says it so softly)
- how he says "I DON'T CARE'  and shakes his head... From the TR i thought it's a little aggressive urgent but instead it's like soft urgent, like there's this urgency in him to finally let it all out and tell her how he feels regardless of consequences... He's not (over)thinkin of whether she wants to hear it or whether she's moved on or anything, cause he just wants to say it ... I love feelingSheldon!
how he looks at her with so much love...
and how he then gets a little nervous ... and typical Sheldon-y
- how Amy says W-W-WHATTT like she kind of understands where he's going but can not believe it...
- "If I may... "    Dave saves!
- Amy's shock at the understanding...
- And than her wtf face at Dave introducing himself to Sheldon
- how Sheldon just shakes his hand like it's the most natural thing in the world! germs? what germs?
- how Amy says 'keep going?...' gets me every time!!
- how the fact that she's on a date doesn't stop him from telling her how he feels about her, doesn't make him run away and doesn't crush his heart...
I believe that either he could see right through this that she wasn't really into it (that would bring me great joy that he's finally able to get the subtleties of human emotions) or that he just doesn't care if she's moved on or not , because the need in him to express his feelings is just stronger than anything else (which also makes me so happy!)
- how relieved he looks for a sec when she says "I really want that too"...
- ... And how right after that he tells her he loves her without contemplating, being scared or shy or  anything 
- their faces right after they hear each other's ILYs... I don't think we've ever seen so much pure joy and happiness in Amy (aside from maybe that 9x11 moment on the couch) and Sheldon only has this happy face when he's with her... Last time i remember him looking like that was his kissy face in 8x24... In fear of sounding too hippie dippie i would call it beaming.
- then #Davesaves again... The 'brilliant fool' has obviously been my fav line from the TR on, but i didn't expect Sheldon to look so cute after that , i love the way he keeps looking up at Dave.
AND THE OBVIOUS
- how he presses her into him... I've been waiting for this moment 5 fucking seasons!! (ok, i've only started watching in july, otherwise i'd have been dead by now by anticipation )
- the way the audience screams... EVERYBODY LOVES SHAMY!
- HOW HIS VOICE DROPS
- and how they keep kissing for so long totally oblivious to anything else around them... This is just... I can only imagine how many emotions Amy was experiencing at that moment... For Sheldon to lose himself in the kiss like that so much is so huge. And especially after she believed it was over for good... And i believe Dave stayed there at least for a couple minutes (probably more, since i'm sure  he wanted to have his chance to chat with Sheldon) and they just kept kissing and having full body contact all the time, and that's happened first time in their lives, and 6 months after the last time they've touched each other... I'M DEAD.

And what everyone else said, how Sheldon was totally ignoring how Dave praised him, called him brilliant, sir, and what else, i forgot, and only cared about kissing Amy

WHAT A LOVELY EVENING.

If someone's still looking for the whole promo, just go check jimparsons_source IG page! Okay, now...

3 hours ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

Tripper said it was ok to post these :)

image.gif.2d549ab5969c28719c1bc4a210b4d0image.gif.9fd808fe2fc9107eddfaa95d9e7b07image.gif.2082e80529e2931fba6da28852e7da

(from tumblr) 

What a beautiful way to end this awesome week! :wub: I'm falling more and more in love with them being so in love... I mean, look at the last two gifs: their faces just light up when they see each other. It's like they've finally found what they've been looking for for their entire lives. And yes, that is the case: they've always believed, especially Sheldon, that the advancement of science, and maybe winning a Nobel, was what they really wanted... They didn't know the other was out there, and what it would feel like to love and be loved in such a pure, honest and unconditional way... They really are the key to each other's happiness! Just looking at the little smile on Amy's face when she leans in for a kiss in the first gif makes my heart melt... She deserves this. They both do! I'm so darn happy for them!!!! :yahoo: I must say that I'm eagerly waiting for the 'aftermath': them just lying there, holding hands, cuddling... If sweetness could kill, I would die in that very moment :icon_redface:

cp50RPV.gif.571c0833645a5c5e639eab88895d   :icon_cheesygrin:

I just watched the foto of Amy´s bedroom, where Sheldon lays in Amy´s bed waiting for her, while Amy stays at the door of the bed room and I realized that Amy is quite close to the door, just for the case that she might start to panick, so she can run out of the room. Or for the case that she has to hang on something, because the way her hands are showing to the door, look like she wants to lean against the door, for the case that she looses control over her legs, because of her nervousness.

oh and i forgot to say, i love how Sheldon just kissed her even though he knew she was on a date and some kissing with that guy may have occurred and HE JUST DOESN'T CARE! I remember many people saying a while ago that he would never kiss her after she kissed somebody else (or at least it would be very hard for him to forgive her ) but nope it wasn't the case, he wasn't repelled by it either for possessive reasons or germaphobic reasons , he didn't seem to care about any of that and he just went for it! 

I just watched the prom episode again.

The way he said "Thank you for understanding" and her saying "Of course I understand" made me very emotional. You can feel Sheldon blamed himself a little because he knew he loves her and he wanted to give himself to her but he still wasn't ready back then. He was so grateful that she can understand and wait for him. 

Sigh...A part of me wish they met each other when they were younger, so that life could've been easier for them.

19 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

I just watched the prom episode again.

The way he said "Thank you for understanding" and her saying "Of course I understand" made me very emotional. You can feel Sheldon blamed himself a little because he knew he loves her and he wanted to give himself to her but he still wasn't ready back then. He was so grateful that she can understand and wait for him. 

Sigh...A part of me wish they met each other when they were younger, so that life could've been easier for them.

That episode is when I started thinking "Wow, I think Sheldon is really working towards this physical intimacy thing.  Not in a "someday" way, but in a "soon" way."

The way he checked her out in her dress, how he got scared at the way it made him feel, and especially his "thank you for understanding."  I remember thinking it was the first time I noticed since the D&D incident that the topic of sex came up and he wasn't snarky or dismissive.  He was sweet and they actually had a conversation of sorts about it.

Edited by jlove

1 hour ago, shamyyyy said:

oh and i forgot to say, i love how Sheldon just kissed her even though he knew she was on a date and some kissing with that guy may have occurred and HE JUST DOESN'T CARE! I remember many people saying a while ago that he would never kiss her after she kissed somebody else (or at least it would be very hard for him to forgive her ) but nope it wasn't the case, he wasn't repelled by it either for possessive reasons or germaphobic reasons , he didn't seem to care about any of that and he just went for it! 

The poor thing is so nervous, his little glances at Dave, I kept wondering what was he thinking...I've watched it a few times, okay a thousand times.

Once they kiss, that's it, nerves are gone. 

It's all so perfect, awesome job by everyone.

2 hours ago, camelliayao said:

"You will be happy, but first life will teach you to be strong" - unknown author (Google says it's 2pac, I don't know if that's true :cheese:)
Well, now they are strong, their relationship is also stronger than ever and they're happy. Things happens at the right time. :)

After the train kiss, when Amy said, "that was nice."  Sheldon said, "good."   This past Thursday, when Amy said she wanted to be his girlfriend again, Sheldon said, "Good, because I love you."   :) The growth of Sheldon has been beautiful to behold.  Have to add that I watched the episode again tonight.....and it still leaves me grinning like an idiot as much as the first viewing did!