Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Pebbles123 said:

After the train kiss, when Amy said, "that was nice."  Sheldon said, "good."   This past Thursday, when Amy said she wanted to be his girlfriend again, Sheldon said, "Good, because I love you."   :) The growth of Sheldon has been beautiful to behold.  Have to add that I watched the episode again tonight.....and it still leaves me grinning like an idiot as much as the first viewing did!

I imagine after their night together they'll wake up and Amy will smile and say "Last night was incredible" and Sheldon will say "Good. Because we're gonna do it again..." <3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • April

    1081

  • A Shamy gal

    1037

  • jenafan

    1018

  • Amy Fowler

    969

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Desdemona said:

OMG!!!!!!!! The first picture of Sheldon and Amy slowly coming closer to each other, plus Sheldon´s look, so full of love kills me. And then Amy slowly closes her eyes before she kisses Sheldon. They really are going to kill us once this episode airs.  Thank you so much for posting these pictures FortCozyMcBlanket!

Look at Sheldon. He´s so happy, he likes what he´s seeing. I wonder how he says "hello" to Amy. With a happy, boyish tone. Or in a more flirty way, with a deeper voice, something that says between the lines: "Hello pretty lady, come over here!"

Amy´s smile looks so happy, her smile reminds me of a high school girl that meets her crush. So adorable!! luxlove.gif

I will not be able to sleep tonight, that´s for sure.

 

Their faces here are priceless. You know there is a lot of sexual tension going on, but they are so damn sweet it is just adorably romantic. I'll bet their first time together will be Amazing, as opposed to the rest of the groups, especially poor Penny. Just goes to show, true love is worth the wait. Awww.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, wowbagger said:

Man, of all weeks to have the office Christmas retreat... (BTW, to Spanish fellow Shamies, your country is lovely and Manchego is ambrosia.)

Now, my only experience of this episode has been clips and .gifs, so I might properly watch the episode and come back saying 'IGNORE EVERYTHING I JUST SAID.'

The good (so much good):

- 'WHY ARE YOU SO STRONG?!?'

- In general, the running gag with the earworm was fantastic.

- Sheldon's vlogs where he talks about Penny and Leonard! I really like that the show was so careful to note that, while Sheldon going after Amy was the capper of this episode, there was a more general theme of Sheldon expressing his appreciation of his old and dear friends.

- Weren't Lenny charming? Lint trapper, indeed.

- Dave. Gawky, towering, gentle, generous Dave.

The bad (and not even 'bad' so much as '.....was this really the best way you could do this?'):

- The cheese! Now, I love me some cheese (mmmmmm.... Manchego), but the impassioned third-act declaration interrupting a date....I could not. I am sorry, I am sorry, my superego is stronger than I knew. I loved the kissing, I loved the 'I love you', I loved the way Amy squealed 'Get back in here!', and the performances throughout were wonderful, but I was POWERFULLY torn between the squee and the cringe, and the cringe won. I am sorry, I am sorry, it did.

- Ages back, when we first heard about Dave's character, I bitterly speculated that we were in for months of Sheldon and Amy dating other people, which would only end when Sheldon interrupted Dave and Amy's wedding. I may even have wondered whether Dave would selflessly give Amy up, while Amy blushingly and meekly consented to being handed from one tall dude to another tall dude. Now that is not, thank God, exactly what happened. But the memory is too strong, and the parallels too uncomfortably clear, for me to like the way the reconciliation happened.

- Because, fundamentally- Amy, girl, why were you even with Dave? I get it, you're hurting, you're rudderless and maybe you want the ego boost of a man who is interested in you. Maybe subconsciously you want this exact man because the two of you are united in your adoration of Sheldon. I get what you're going for, writers, I do. Doesn't mean I don't grit my teeth a little. Did Amy really have to drift from Sheldon to Dave, and wait, wringing her hands, to be rescued by Sheldon? Would it have killed you to have her throw herself into work and have Sheldon interrupt a lecture or a seminar, if you desperately needed him to interrupt something and snog Amy in front of an appreciative audience? Can Amy only breathe now if she is being squired by a man? Has she forgotten that she doesn't, you know, actually need to be dating anybody? I say 'forgotten', because Amy did use to know that. Has falling in love and getting her heart broken made her forget? Because, if so, I warn you, writers, you are not selling falling in love as a growth experience for Amy.

- And- even if you needed Amy to be on a date for the homage to Spittoon to work- did Amy really need to be rescued by Sheldon? I was following the controversy where jena and 2L wondered what would have happened if Sheldon hadn't shown up. I like to think that Amy would have come to her senses, said 'The fuck am I doing? How about I concentrate on myself for a while, instead of settling for someone who doesn't particularly turn my crank?', and sent Dave on his way with a friendly handshake. I like to think that, but I agree that the possibility that Amy and Dave would go further was not squashed by Amy herself. Instead, we all winced as Amy and Dave drew closer- yes, yes, so that the impact of Sheldon's arrival would be enhanced. Again, I get what you're going for, writers. But Sheldon had already had so many, many epiphanies. Would it have killed you to allow Amy this moment of clarity and autonomy? To say 'You know, Dave, how about no?' before Sheldon knocked on the door? I know, I know, you wanted the moment. you wanted the dread. You wanted the suspense. I only wanted Amy to take a stand for what she wanted, instead of leaving the really sour feeling in my mouth that Amy needed the intervention of Sheldon- and then Dave to give Sheldon permission to kiss her.

 

BUT! Bring on next episode, and Amy looking giddy and delighted and so very beautiful (and still very Amy) in that charming nightie!

yeah i agree with a lot of what you said here regarding Shamy. i didnt care for Amy picking up the phone so soon after her failed reconciliation. i did argue the point that as a rebound date it is plausible and that the question of how far she was willing to take that date remains unknown ( though most of everyone's reaction to this suggestion was negative)...i nonetheless couldve done without the date. dave is an interesting character that i would enjoy seeing more of, but i just didnt need to see her revisit the date...

this episode could have easily been written with sheldon having his epiphany and running to Amy's apartment and interrupting a sad harp playing session, and the rest is history. it can be argued that without dave who knows how long sheldon wouldve stumbled through his speech. and lets face it, dave at the door was funny as hell. 

bottom line is, i dont think we needed to see a dave date and didnt need to see amy trying to go there. it was too soon. 

thankfully all is well that ends well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, wowbagger said:

Man, of all weeks to have the office Christmas retreat... (BTW, to Spanish fellow Shamies, your country is lovely and Manchego is ambrosia.)

Now, my only experience of this episode has been clips and .gifs, so I might properly watch the episode and come back saying 'IGNORE EVERYTHING I JUST SAID.'

The good (so much good):

- 'WHY ARE YOU SO STRONG?!?'

- In general, the running gag with the earworm was fantastic.

- Sheldon's vlogs where he talks about Penny and Leonard! I really like that the show was so careful to note that, while Sheldon going after Amy was the capper of this episode, there was a more general theme of Sheldon expressing his appreciation of his old and dear friends.

- Weren't Lenny charming? Lint trapper, indeed.

- Dave. Gawky, towering, gentle, generous Dave.

The bad (and not even 'bad' so much as '.....was this really the best way you could do this?'):

- The cheese! Now, I love me some cheese (mmmmmm.... Manchego), but the impassioned third-act declaration interrupting a date....I could not. I am sorry, I am sorry, my superego is stronger than I knew. I loved the kissing, I loved the 'I love you', I loved the way Amy squealed 'Get back in here!', and the performances throughout were wonderful, but I was POWERFULLY torn between the squee and the cringe, and the cringe won. I am sorry, I am sorry, it did.

- Ages back, when we first heard about Dave's character, I bitterly speculated that we were in for months of Sheldon and Amy dating other people, which would only end when Sheldon interrupted Dave and Amy's wedding. I may even have wondered whether Dave would selflessly give Amy up, while Amy blushingly and meekly consented to being handed from one tall dude to another tall dude. Now that is not, thank God, exactly what happened. But the memory is too strong, and the parallels too uncomfortably clear, for me to like the way the reconciliation happened.

- Because, fundamentally- Amy, girl, why were you even with Dave? I get it, you're hurting, you're rudderless and maybe you want the ego boost of a man who is interested in you. Maybe subconsciously you want this exact man because the two of you are united in your adoration of Sheldon. I get what you're going for, writers, I do. Doesn't mean I don't grit my teeth a little. Did Amy really have to drift from Sheldon to Dave, and wait, wringing her hands, to be rescued by Sheldon? Would it have killed you to have her throw herself into work and have Sheldon interrupt a lecture or a seminar, if you desperately needed him to interrupt something and snog Amy in front of an appreciative audience? Can Amy only breathe now if she is being squired by a man? Has she forgotten that she doesn't, you know, actually need to be dating anybody? I say 'forgotten', because Amy did use to know that. Has falling in love and getting her heart broken made her forget? Because, if so, I warn you, writers, you are not selling falling in love as a growth experience for Amy.

- And- even if you needed Amy to be on a date for the homage to Spittoon to work- did Amy really need to be rescued by Sheldon? I was following the controversy where jena and 2L wondered what would have happened if Sheldon hadn't shown up. I like to think that Amy would have come to her senses, said 'The fuck am I doing? How about I concentrate on myself for a while, instead of settling for someone who doesn't particularly turn my crank?', and sent Dave on his way with a friendly handshake. I like to think that, but I agree that the possibility that Amy and Dave would go further was not squashed by Amy herself. Instead, we all winced as Amy and Dave drew closer- yes, yes, so that the impact of Sheldon's arrival would be enhanced. Again, I get what you're going for, writers. But Sheldon had already had so many, many epiphanies. Would it have killed you to allow Amy this moment of clarity and autonomy? To say 'You know, Dave, how about no?' before Sheldon knocked on the door? I know, I know, you wanted the moment. you wanted the dread. You wanted the suspense. I only wanted Amy to take a stand for what she wanted, instead of leaving the really sour feeling in my mouth that Amy needed the intervention of Sheldon- and then Dave to give Sheldon permission to kiss her.

 

BUT! Bring on next episode, and Amy looking giddy and delighted and so very beautiful (and still very Amy) in that charming nightie!

I don't know how I went the entire day liking posts and never saw this.   I'm glad I went back in my notifications and found it.

Such a lovely expression and philosophically well written as always. I swear sometimes I believe you are a descendent of Shakespeare, James Joyce, T. S. Eliot, etc.   Very few people write like this, and I love every post you make.

I agree that sometimes the writers really do Amy a disservice in favor of telling Sheldon's story in such a way that she just seems desperate at times.  

Another thing that I don't understand.   They went to the trouble to create an episode making a big deal about Amy getting her ears pierced, and yet I've never seen her wearing earrings since.  

 

Edited by jenafan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, RoX said:

The look of love on Sheldon's eyes before kissing Amy is killing me! I will not survive this episode! :help:

You can feel the love radiated from his eyes into the air, his gaze is so intense and absorbed in her, then she gently touched his cheek... 
How could such a innocent interaction create so much sexual tension?:heat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 2L344 said:

yeah i agree with a lot of what you said here regarding Shamy. i didnt care for Amy picking up the phone so soon after her failed reconciliation. i did argue the point that as a rebound date it is plausible and that the question of how far she was willing to take that date remains unknown ( though most of everyone's reaction to this suggestion was negative)...i nonetheless couldve done without the date. dave is an interesting character that i would enjoy seeing more of, but i just didnt need to see her revisit the date...

this episode could have easily been written with sheldon having his epiphany and running to Amy's apartment and interrupting a sad harp playing session, and the rest is history. it can be argued that without dave who knows how long sheldon wouldve stumbled through his speech. and lets face it, dave at the door was funny as hell. 

bottom line is, i dont think we needed to see a dave date and didnt need to see amy trying to go there. it was too soon. 

thankfully all is well that ends well!

I think one of the reasons for Dave being there was to emphasis the fact that Sheldon’s priority is Amy, even when someone is fanboying him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

I think one of the reasons for Dave being there was to emphasis the fact that Sheldon’s priority is Amy, even when someone is fanboying him.

I think his epiphany and the urgent manner in which he fled the apartment did that for me. Don't get me wrong, Dave is super funny and I enjoyed his screen time on the show. I would actually like to see him guest appear again if possible, though I think he served his purpose and that'll be that. But as a fan of Amy I just haven't enjoyed some of the traits I've seen of her in this season. This includes the way she was made to break up after season 8 when things were moving along faster than they ever had, the seemingly indifferent manner in which her character treated the break up, the pretentious manner in which she approached reconciliation at the end of the aquarium day, and now the speedy timing of her renewed acquaintance with Dave once Sheldon turned down the gf offer. Just blah lol.....

It's a sitcom, I'm glad the writers didn't drag the break up out any longer, I'm super happy Shamy is alive and seemingly better than ever now, and that thankfully this side of Amy that I'm not a fan of is over.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who would disagree, we've all had spirited debates on the break up in this forum for the last couple of months! This is just my own feelings on it. I'm glad that this last date with Dave puts an end to all of that break up angst, and my own sour take on Amy's season 9 behavior.

Super stoked for 9.12!!

 

Edited by 2L344

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mothandfire said:

You can feel the love radiated from his eyes into the air, his gaze is so intense and absorbed in her, then she gently touched his cheek... 
How could such a innocent interaction create so much sexual tension?:heat:

I like so much our fandom! We are all so genuinely excited for a touch on the cheek, some clothes on a chair, a Skype call about how to rank motels across the States!!! Paraphrasing Sheldon, I think TPTB won the fandom jackpot with us! LOL!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I have said at one of my friends that shamy will have sex, she said : oh it will be weird with Sheldon and his distant attitude. Well, she doesn't see the kiss in 9.10 and Sheldon not distant at all. :icon_cheesygrin:

In fact, she didn't watch the seasons 8 and 9, so she didn't see all Sheldon growth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I haven't had time to catch up with all the posts. I've been caught up with a Star Wars rewatch all weekend :p 

I wanted to give my 2c about the whole Earworm/Dave situation and how torn I feel about it. I talked a bit about this with wow in private, but we never quite got to finish the debate. First of all, I think the pragmatic part of me is pretty certain of why Dave was there: comedy relief. Pure and simple. The writers wanted Sheldon to go full out sappy and romantic and without Dave there, there would have been no comedy. Several of my non-hardcore fan friends who watched the episode loved that scene because of the balance between "awwww" and "LOL!" provided by Shamy and Dave, respectively, so I can see why the writers went there. 

As far as Amy and her decisions go... I said it before, and, again, I'm not sure if I'd feel differently had Shamy not reconciled in this episode (it could totally be I'm biased because I'm happy with the outcome), but the date in this episode didn't bother me nearly as much as the previous ones. Like 2L344 says, I've had issues with the way Amy handled most of this breakup up to Aquarium, the way she seemed to have just shrugged the relationship off her shoulders as a thing of the past and set out to seek something better than Sheldon out there. As much as her running back to Dave after Sheldon's rejection might make her come across as "weak" and maybe the independent feminist part of me would have much preferred seeing Amy revert back to her robotic self and dive herself into work (and that opens up a whole can of worms about the way the show portrays females sometimes), I think it makes a lot more sense to me that the rejection hit her so hard she resorted to a rudderless and desperate attempt to forget by diving into another date with Dave (and, again, I think her talk to Bernie, and later her reactions to Dave making his move, makes it quite clear that she was totally not convinced - that "I don't know what I'm waiting for" to me says a lot about the fact that giving intimacy to Sheldon and only Sheldon was something that meant a lot to her and that she was holding out for) than for her to so effortlessly give up on a relationship she was supposed to cherish and that meant a lot to her and move on so seemingly fast. On top of that, like I said, in this case it isn't a matter of Amy browsing around for something better than Sheldon, as much as Amy hitting rock bottom because she can't have Sheldon. So, all in all, I swallowed this much better than the rest, and I while I do agree though that it would have been better to see Amy have some more agency in her turning Dave down, rather than leaving it up to Prince Charming Sheldon to knock on her door and bring her to her senses, I also feel like this was a lot of stuff that was sacrificed for comedy because having Amy go "I don't know what I'm waiting for" followed immediately by Sheldon's trademark knocks on the door makes for better comedy than having Amy come to her senses right before Sheldon knocks. 

Do we think less of Sheldon for desperately trying to get a new girlfriend after he saw Amy kiss another man? Again, all of these are writing choices that made me cringe and bang my head against the wall because the whole "desperately dating other people after a breakup" is such cliche' I can't even... but if I have to look at it from a character's POV, Sheldon was just as lost and hurt and rudderless as Amy. And people do tend to do stupid and idiotic things when heartbroken. It's one of the reasons why I was worried the writers might go real dark with Amy and have her indeed sleep with another guy and regret it. And even there, despite everyone saying it was pretty obvious that he was disappointed it wasn't Amy, or that he realized he only really wants Amy, or that it became real for him and it wasn't a fun game anymore, Sheldon technically turns her down because she arrived there late and because she didn't like the lecture. So why are we attributing Sheldon more agency by giving him a benefit of the doubt that he would have never gone through with Vanessa, but we don't give Amy the same benefit of the doubt that even if Sheldon hadn't knocked, she would have put an end to it because it obviously felt wrong (and you can see that exuding from the screen)? In both cases, it's ambiguous, yet we are using a bit of a double standard. I don't know, maybe I'm naive, but I would like to think both of them would have come to their senses when things got "real" (in Sheldon's case, seeing a perfectly suitable girl at his door; in Amy's case, kissing Dave, as she often has a tendency to snap into reality in those moments, even with Sheldon).

I don't know, like I said, I might be totally wearing happy, rose-tinted Shamy fan goggles right now, given the outcome. And there are definitely things about Earworm that made my Grinch-y side cringe (as sweet as the song was, for example, I really didn't need Sheldon to spell out the lyrics for me - I can look those up and it would have been less tell, more show), overall, the good far outweighs the bad, and the train on that shelf, that exchange at the door, the longing and love I saw in those kisses, and the way they were totally physically and mentally wrapped up in each other, is enough to make me put the past behind and stop dwelling on it. I hope that now that they (writers) have climbed over the sex obstacle, they will find more compelling plots for Amy than moping about her love life and that just as we might see a more mature Sheldon, we will also see a more mature Amy.

As for the most recent promo/gifs, I just cannot get over Sheldon's cheeky grin in this scene (credit to Marina for the gif): 

tumblr_nzbag2oiaV1sj94muo1_250.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the discussion about Amy, her date and possible implications:

I honestly don't have much to complain here. I'm sure some of you may think of me being a bit of a "yes woman" who eats up everything the writers serve her, but overall I just think they're making a good case for the story they're trying to sell here. I don't think Amy is worse off for making desperate decisions because of her emotional turmoil. She has her flaws and I like her more for it and not less because she's so very relatable that way. Admittedly I'm also not really interested in all those what-if horror scenarios. So I won't even go there. They made it clear that Amy went into that date using Dave as a rebound. She's forcing herself through this because she's lonely and hurt by Sheldon's rejection. Those pesky emotions make people do stupid shit and Amy is not above all that. Most importantly though, she knows she only wants Sheldon, she had that epiphany already. Heck, I'm sure even Dave knows that she only wants Sheldon!

And for having Dave there in the first place I think it's an excellent choice from the writers. Apart from the brilliant casting of Stephen Merchant and them possibly jumping at the chance to bring him back for another great performance, it neatly checks off a lot of issues that have been brought up either by the show itself or by some of the heated discussions here in the past. And admittedly some of those arguments have influenced my view here because they've become a bit of a pet peeve of mine. But I couldn't be happier about it because no, Sheldon doesn't have to struggle with his germphobia or whatever just because he saw Amy kiss someone else. Not even when that same guy stands right in front of him and there's the possibility he already kissed Amy that evening. When it comes to Amy Sheldon doesn't care about any of that. Never has, in fact! So thankfully that nonsense is over and done with! Aside from that I do think there's value in showing Sheldon putting his priorities straight even though him running to Amy immediately may already indicate that. Having someone swooning over him and wanting to talk about physics - and yet Sheldon's too busy snogging his girlfriend instead! I also think the private setting of Amy's apartment helps here to balance this out and not make it OOC. I don't think I would have bought the whole thing if, say, this happened in a public place and he came to sweep her off her feet in front of colleagues or whatever. That would make me cringe.

I will say though that the biggest flaw with the story is that we don't know what happened between "I need to just be your friend" and now. It's only been two weeks or so - so it's not a long time frame but what happened in their "just friends" phase? And I guess in the end it's the downside of tv schedules and not having an extra episode to explore that dynamic. If there was something in there that may have given Amy the feeling that Sheldon is not interested at all, her giving Dave another chance might have been easier to understand. Maybe a line or two beyond "Sheldon turned me down" may have worked as well here.

Bottom line: Could they have done the story in a different way that would be just as funny/entertaining or whatever? Sure! But I guess in the end what it comes down to is if the good things outweigh the bad ones. And for me they do by a mile and then some.

Edited by April

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, koops said:

...overall, the good far outweighs the bad, and the train on that shelf, that exchange at the door, the longing and love I saw in those kisses, and the way they were totally physically and mentally wrapped up in each other, is enough to make me put the past behind and stop dwelling on it. I hope that now that they (writers) have climbed over the sex obstacle, they will find more compelling plots for Amy than moping about her love life and that just as we might see a more mature Sheldon, we will also see a more mature Amy.

Even though I agree with wow about the break up period and the way Amy handled it ultimately it comes down to what koops said. I didn't care about both of them dating or pursuing other people (Sheldon also did try to pick up that girl and her grandmother -lol ) and I am not even convinced about the break up itself at the moment it happened but I am willing to let that go because the way they got back was so good for me.

About Dave I will admit it that part of the reason I didn't mind him there is that I find him absolutely adorable and funny. Also, I know this is just in my mind, but I thought that having what is practically a Shamy shipper right in that moment is like a little teaser from the writers. Not what really happened but I like to thin about it. Now about the show itself (and not my wishful thinking :p) I think that this date was a way for Amy to react to the rejection trying to convince herself that the break up was a good call and that if Sheldon never wanted her back she could move on with her life. Finally,as koops said I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to Amy and Sheldon that in the end they wouldn't have been serious about anybody else (physically or otherwise). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weighing in again based on my own experience......As much as we probably didn't want Amy to try to move on with another man so soon after Sheldon basically rejected her;  it happens.  As I said a couple of pages back,  I feel the sting of rejection from the man I still have feelings for and if I had a Dave around, someone who liked me----I might try to go there too.   I don't think I would kiss him though because my feelings wouldn't be there for that.  Amy doesn't look like someone who is wanting to kiss Dave either.   If she was, she would have responded to the tie clip kiss.   I guess I'm more lenient with her because I can understand the emotional pain of rejection and yeah maybe she brought that all on herself by initiating the break up to begin with;  but it doesn't negate the knee-jerk reaction of wanting to fill the loneliness with something/someone, no matter how smart or independent you might be.   Also, just because we don't see Amy's POV about the break up, other than dating others. doesn't mean she was okay with it.  That's just how the writers chose to spin their story---it's a comedy after all, and a lot of things are passed over for the easy laugh.  Much like life though, we only have our own POV---I have no idea what my ex's POV is and probably never will.  It's easy for me to say that he probably didn't feel as bad as me, because I haven't personally witnessed it, but that doesn't make it true.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the Shamy getting-back-together-and-finally-consummating-their-relationship thing, I did the no-spoiler route to surprise myself with any Shamy goodness but freakin' failed.. I just had to go the read the taping report for The Sales Call Sublimation. It's kinda sweet how Sheldon tells Amy he misses her while away for a conference and "fighting" for the "right" to name the asteroid as Amy. Imo, naming their kids something with Raj ain't bad either, they just have to be creative about it.

Edited by Chelle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Chelle said:

With all the Shamy getting-back-together-and-finally-consummating-their-relationship thing, I did the no-spoiler route to surprise myself with any Shamy goodness but freakin' failed.. I just had to go the read the taping report for The Sales Call Sublimation. It's kinda sweet how Sheldon tells Amy he misses her while away for a conference and "fighting" for the "right" to name the asteroid as Amy. Imo, naming their kids something with Raj ain't bad either, they just have to be creative about it.

I can identify with you.  I tried doing the no-spoiler route myself and failed also.  The Shamy goodness in The Sales Call Sublimation is sweet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I have been reading through the posts from earlier and I want to weigh in on this should Dave have been there and would Amy have done more with him topic. I apologize in advance if I repeat anything as I have not read every single post.

When I first read the taping report for this episode I was so ecstatic about the reconciliation I really didn't think about the other parts of the episode. After coming down from my high I read more into it and thought, why did they need to have Amy on another date when Sheldon comes to get her back. Did I think they should have her dive into her work and go back to her original self, absolutely not. She is a completely different person then she was when she was introduced. She has grown too much for that character to come back.

I completely understood why she called Dave again. She was hurt and understandably so. Sheldon rejected her. She was rebounding, pure and simple. She knew Dave liked her and she wanted someone who liked her. Granted, he did ruin the last date they were on by fanboying over Sheldon. But he still genuinely liked her. Do I think they would have slept together that night, I have no idea.

I personally loved the line about I don't know what I am waiting for because she says it then leans in. I think the writers timed that line perfectly. We all know what she was waiting for and it was that three knocks from Sheldon. Did he rescue her from doing something she would regret, possibly, but she didn't need rescuing. She is a grown woman capable of making her own decisions and as far as she was concerned, Sheldon didn't want her except as a friend.

Now as far as the whole dating other people and what the writers did there. I will maintain that the episode where Amy decided to date was the one where Sheldon told her that he had asked other people out. I never thought that she blew off her relationship with Sheldon. I don't think she had the intention of dating until he told her that he had asked two women out. She had turned down both Stuart and Barry that same day.  She didn't want to date even with her friends encouraging her after Barry sent the text. I again say she only started looking because she thought he was moving on just like he thought she was moving on as well.

Now as far as Sheldon with Vanessa, I don't really think it was the lateness that caused him to turn her down. I really think it was the symposium that was boring.....he said as much. She was 15 seconds late(I counted) that to me is not late.....it is still that time. He wanted it to be Amy, made an excuse and closed the door in her face then told the guys that he could never be with someone who found that symposium boring. Amy would not have.

Also I loved the difference between this episode and the Flaming Spittoon. He left after getting her to be his girlfriend where as in this she pulled him back basically saying....OH Hell No you are not leaving.....I need more of that kiss.

 

All in all loved the reconciliation and look forward to Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding would Amy have slept with Dave (that same night ) if Sheldon hasn't showed up i'm with those who say total No!  

I just can't see her going for more than a few kisses. I think sex with Dave (not just sex but actually anything more than close-mouthed kisses) is smth she obviously doesn't want physically (i think body language + facial expressions say it all), but might want emotionally, like , "to finally go through with it" or smth.
And when you're in a situation like that, when you wanna do something cause your mind tells you to, but it's physically unpleasant, you need to have 2 things at least :
1. you need to be detached from your feelings (physical and emotional)
2. you need to have experience in what you want to do.

I see Amy as someone who's in tune with her feelings, much more than for example Penny (that's not to bring Penny down, i love her and totally don't mind that side of her), so i think it would be pretty hard for her to go for rebound sex even if she was experienced. But she's also inexperienced, so on top of feeling shitty emotionally, it's also physically would be potentially scary (esp. with 6'7 David.... as someone who's same height as Amy ugh i wouldn't wanna go through that x D )  & awkward.. So no, i think as soon as they would go to french kissing she would definitely feel that's not what she wants, if she's shy to stop him then, then max. at 2n base all her rational thoughts ("it's impolite") would disappear and she would just jump away and tell Dave she couldn't do it.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.