Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, mothandfire said:

You can feel the love radiated from his eyes into the air, his gaze is so intense and absorbed in her, then she gently touched his cheek... 
How could such a innocent interaction create so much sexual tension?:heat:

Because of their feelings. To me, nothing is as sexy as this deep tender love for each other combined with the desire for the most intimate connection possible. *sighing happily*

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, koops said:

Sorry I haven't had time to catch up with all the posts. I've been caught up with a Star Wars rewatch all weekend :p 

I wanted to give my 2c about the whole Earworm/Dave situation and how torn I feel about it. I talked a bit about this with wow in private, but we never quite got to finish the debate. First of all, I think the pragmatic part of me is pretty certain of why Dave was there: comedy relief. Pure and simple. The writers wanted Sheldon to go full out sappy and romantic and without Dave there, there would have been no comedy. Several of my non-hardcore fan friends who watched the episode loved that scene because of the balance between "awwww" and "LOL!" provided by Shamy and Dave, respectively, so I can see why the writers went there. 

As far as Amy and her decisions go... I said it before, and, again, I'm not sure if I'd feel differently had Shamy not reconciled in this episode (it could totally be I'm biased because I'm happy with the outcome), but the date in this episode didn't bother me nearly as much as the previous ones. Like 2L344 says, I've had issues with the way Amy handled most of this breakup up to Aquarium, the way she seemed to have just shrugged the relationship off her shoulders as a thing of the past and set out to seek something better than Sheldon out there. As much as her running back to Dave after Sheldon's rejection might make her come across as "weak" and maybe the independent feminist part of me would have much preferred seeing Amy revert back to her robotic self and dive herself into work (and that opens up a whole can of worms about the way the show portrays females sometimes), I think it makes a lot more sense to me that the rejection hit her so hard she resorted to a rudderless and desperate attempt to forget by diving into another date with Dave (and, again, I think her talk to Bernie, and later her reactions to Dave making his move, makes it quite clear that she was totally not convinced - that "I don't know what I'm waiting for" to me says a lot about the fact that giving intimacy to Sheldon and only Sheldon was something that meant a lot to her and that she was holding out for) than for her to so effortlessly give up on a relationship she was supposed to cherish and that meant a lot to her and move on so seemingly fast. On top of that, like I said, in this case it isn't a matter of Amy browsing around for something better than Sheldon, as much as Amy hitting rock bottom because she can't have Sheldon. So, all in all, I swallowed this much better than the rest, and I while I do agree though that it would have been better to see Amy have some more agency in her turning Dave down, rather than leaving it up to Prince Charming Sheldon to knock on her door and bring her to her senses, I also feel like this was a lot of stuff that was sacrificed for comedy because having Amy go "I don't know what I'm waiting for" followed immediately by Sheldon's trademark knocks on the door makes for better comedy than having Amy come to her senses right before Sheldon knocks. 

Do we think less of Sheldon for desperately trying to get a new girlfriend after he saw Amy kiss another man? Again, all of these are writing choices that made me cringe and bang my head against the wall because the whole "desperately dating other people after a breakup" is such cliche' I can't even... but if I have to look at it from a character's POV, Sheldon was just as lost and hurt and rudderless as Amy. And people do tend to do stupid and idiotic things when heartbroken. It's one of the reasons why I was worried the writers might go real dark with Amy and have her indeed sleep with another guy and regret it. And even there, despite everyone saying it was pretty obvious that he was disappointed it wasn't Amy, or that he realized he only really wants Amy, or that it became real for him and it wasn't a fun game anymore, Sheldon technically turns her down because she arrived there late and because she didn't like the lecture. So why are we attributing Sheldon more agency by giving him a benefit of the doubt that he would have never gone through with Vanessa, but we don't give Amy the same benefit of the doubt that even if Sheldon hadn't knocked, she would have put an end to it because it obviously felt wrong (and you can see that exuding from the screen)? In both cases, it's ambiguous, yet we are using a bit of a double standard. I don't know, maybe I'm naive, but I would like to think both of them would have come to their senses when things got "real" (in Sheldon's case, seeing a perfectly suitable girl at his door; in Amy's case, kissing Dave, as she often has a tendency to snap into reality in those moments, even with Sheldon).

I don't know, like I said, I might be totally wearing happy, rose-tinted Shamy fan goggles right now, given the outcome. And there are definitely things about Earworm that made my Grinch-y side cringe (as sweet as the song was, for example, I really didn't need Sheldon to spell out the lyrics for me - I can look those up and it would have been less tell, more show), overall, the good far outweighs the bad, and the train on that shelf, that exchange at the door, the longing and love I saw in those kisses, and the way they were totally physically and mentally wrapped up in each other, is enough to make me put the past behind and stop dwelling on it. I hope that now that they (writers) have climbed over the sex obstacle, they will find more compelling plots for Amy than moping about her love life and that just as we might see a more mature Sheldon, we will also see a more mature Amy.

As for the most recent promo/gifs, I just cannot get over Sheldon's cheeky grin in this scene (credit to Marina for the gif): 

tumblr_nzbag2oiaV1sj94muo1_250.gif

I agree 1000000% with your entire post. Very well said! It perfectly sums up the tension in my own mind when reading wowbagger's, 2L344's, and jenafan's (among others) posts on this subject. On the one hand, I appreciate the argument calling attention to the disservice done to Amy's character (and, to a certain extent, feminism) in this plot. But on the other hand, I totally get why they did it all (Amy's date with Dave, Sheldon coming to the rescue, etc.) and LOVE Sheldon's character development throughout the season and 9.10, in particular. And, of course, I'm SOOOOOOO happy with the outcome, that it sort of puts that tension in the rearview for me. 

Anyway, thanks to you all for your thoughtful discussions on this subject!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Something that cracks me up during the doorway kissing scene is that while Jim only has to concentrate on kissing Mayim, Mayim has to keep kissing and be alert to Daves line so she can kick the door shut

I know they rehearsal it but that bit can't of been easy

Yeah, and when they're kissing she seems to be about to break the kiss to laugh!

16 minutes ago, shamyyyy said:

But she's also inexperienced, so on top of feeling shitty emotionally, it's also physically would be potentially scary (esp. with 6'7 David.... as someone who's same height as Amy ugh i wouldn't wanna go through that x D )
 

Actually, many people say that tall guys like Dave aren't like we picture, their height is just intimidating, but in fact...
stock-photo-20555792-young-woman-teeny-t
While, according to them, skinny guys like Sheldon, actually...
kelly_gestures_thumbnail.png

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

Yeah, and when they're kissing she seems to be about to break the kiss to laugh!

Actually, many people say that tall guys like Dave aren't like we picture, their height is just intimidating, but in fact...
stock-photo-20555792-young-woman-teeny-t
While, according to them, skinny guys like Sheldon, actually...
kelly_gestures_thumbnail.png

LOL !! 

So wait you wanna say i've been rejecting big guys for nothing? Damn! ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, shamyyyy said:

LOL !! 

So wait you wanna say i've been rejecting big guys for nothing? Damn! ... 

According to these people, if you don't wanna be impaled, you should get a big guy. Otherwise, skinny guy lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

Geez guys, you're already breaking the forum? Wait until thursday!
 

noss.jpg

They're just getting the forum ready for Thursday so the servers don't catch fire.  LOL

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, koops said:

Sorry I haven't had time to catch up with all the posts. I've been caught up with a Star Wars rewatch all weekend :p 

I wanted to give my 2c about the whole Earworm/Dave situation and how torn I feel about it. I talked a bit about this with wow in private, but we never quite got to finish the debate. First of all, I think the pragmatic part of me is pretty certain of why Dave was there: comedy relief. Pure and simple. The writers wanted Sheldon to go full out sappy and romantic and without Dave there, there would have been no comedy. Several of my non-hardcore fan friends who watched the episode loved that scene because of the balance between "awwww" and "LOL!" provided by Shamy and Dave, respectively, so I can see why the writers went there. 

As far as Amy and her decisions go... I said it before, and, again, I'm not sure if I'd feel differently had Shamy not reconciled in this episode (it could totally be I'm biased because I'm happy with the outcome), but the date in this episode didn't bother me nearly as much as the previous ones. Like 2L344 says, I've had issues with the way Amy handled most of this breakup up to Aquarium, the way she seemed to have just shrugged the relationship off her shoulders as a thing of the past and set out to seek something better than Sheldon out there. As much as her running back to Dave after Sheldon's rejection might make her come across as "weak" and maybe the independent feminist part of me would have much preferred seeing Amy revert back to her robotic self and dive herself into work (and that opens up a whole can of worms about the way the show portrays females sometimes), I think it makes a lot more sense to me that the rejection hit her so hard she resorted to a rudderless and desperate attempt to forget by diving into another date with Dave (and, again, I think her talk to Bernie, and later her reactions to Dave making his move, makes it quite clear that she was totally not convinced - that "I don't know what I'm waiting for" to me says a lot about the fact that giving intimacy to Sheldon and only Sheldon was something that meant a lot to her and that she was holding out for) than for her to so effortlessly give up on a relationship she was supposed to cherish and that meant a lot to her and move on so seemingly fast. On top of that, like I said, in this case it isn't a matter of Amy browsing around for something better than Sheldon, as much as Amy hitting rock bottom because she can't have Sheldon. So, all in all, I swallowed this much better than the rest, and I while I do agree though that it would have been better to see Amy have some more agency in her turning Dave down, rather than leaving it up to Prince Charming Sheldon to knock on her door and bring her to her senses, I also feel like this was a lot of stuff that was sacrificed for comedy because having Amy go "I don't know what I'm waiting for" followed immediately by Sheldon's trademark knocks on the door makes for better comedy than having Amy come to her senses right before Sheldon knocks. 

Do we think less of Sheldon for desperately trying to get a new girlfriend after he saw Amy kiss another man? Again, all of these are writing choices that made me cringe and bang my head against the wall because the whole "desperately dating other people after a breakup" is such cliche' I can't even... but if I have to look at it from a character's POV, Sheldon was just as lost and hurt and rudderless as Amy. And people do tend to do stupid and idiotic things when heartbroken. It's one of the reasons why I was worried the writers might go real dark with Amy and have her indeed sleep with another guy and regret it. And even there, despite everyone saying it was pretty obvious that he was disappointed it wasn't Amy, or that he realized he only really wants Amy, or that it became real for him and it wasn't a fun game anymore, Sheldon technically turns her down because she arrived there late and because she didn't like the lecture. So why are we attributing Sheldon more agency by giving him a benefit of the doubt that he would have never gone through with Vanessa, but we don't give Amy the same benefit of the doubt that even if Sheldon hadn't knocked, she would have put an end to it because it obviously felt wrong (and you can see that exuding from the screen)? In both cases, it's ambiguous, yet we are using a bit of a double standard. I don't know, maybe I'm naive, but I would like to think both of them would have come to their senses when things got "real" (in Sheldon's case, seeing a perfectly suitable girl at his door; in Amy's case, kissing Dave, as she often has a tendency to snap into reality in those moments, even with Sheldon).

I don't know, like I said, I might be totally wearing happy, rose-tinted Shamy fan goggles right now, given the outcome. And there are definitely things about Earworm that made my Grinch-y side cringe (as sweet as the song was, for example, I really didn't need Sheldon to spell out the lyrics for me - I can look those up and it would have been less tell, more show), overall, the good far outweighs the bad, and the train on that shelf, that exchange at the door, the longing and love I saw in those kisses, and the way they were totally physically and mentally wrapped up in each other, is enough to make me put the past behind and stop dwelling on it. I hope that now that they (writers) have climbed over the sex obstacle, they will find more compelling plots for Amy than moping about her love life and that just as we might see a more mature Sheldon, we will also see a more mature Amy.

As for the most recent promo/gifs, I just cannot get over Sheldon's cheeky grin in this scene (credit to Marina for the gif): 

tumblr_nzbag2oiaV1sj94muo1_250.gif

well said! im not so sure its a double standard some of us are applying to their reactions as much as it is different expectations we have of each character. i give Amy a lot more credit for knowing what she is doing than i do Sheldon, the guy who can barely navigate normal social interactions lol. i saw a determined Amy this season. it was Amy that initiated the break up and kept Sheldon at arm's length in what i saw was a cold way. and like you pointed out she just had this "oh well" attitude during the first several episodes this season, which bugged me for someone who is "in love".

and i agree, i attribute the dave date to a vulnerable Amy trying to deal with the consequences of this break up by dialing up a guy who likes her. and yeah, no doubt dave brought a lot of laughs again with Merchant's spot on performance. we do like his character. but personally i think the time spent on the date in a short as it is episode could have been used to explore a different side of Amy. but then, thats why im not writing for TBBT!

so like you said, its all history now and we have hopefully a lot of good Shamy moments ahead! but i do enjoy everyone's take on the "what ifs" and analyzing of the motivations of that episode. after all, we're all a little more involved with this show than the average viewer lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, koops said:

Do we think less of Sheldon for desperately trying to get a new girlfriend after he saw Amy kiss another man? Again, all of these are writing choices that made me cringe and bang my head against the wall because the whole "desperately dating other people after a breakup" is such cliche' I can't even... but if I have to look at it from a character's POV, Sheldon was just as lost and hurt and rudderless as Amy. And people do tend to do stupid and idiotic things when heartbroken. It's one of the reasons why I was worried the writers might go real dark with Amy and have her indeed sleep with another guy and regret it. And even there, despite everyone saying it was pretty obvious that he was disappointed it wasn't Amy, or that he realized he only really wants Amy, or that it became real for him and it wasn't a fun game anymore, Sheldon technically turns her down because she arrived there late and because she didn't like the lecture. So why are we attributing Sheldon more agency by giving him a benefit of the doubt that he would have never gone through with Vanessa, but we don't give Amy the same benefit of the doubt that even if Sheldon hadn't knocked, she would have put an end to it because it obviously felt wrong (and you can see that exuding from the screen)? In both cases, it's ambiguous, yet we are using a bit of a double standard. I don't know, maybe I'm naive, but I would like to think both of them would have come to their senses when things got "real" (in Sheldon's case, seeing a perfectly suitable girl at his door; in Amy's case, kissing Dave, as she often has a tendency to snap into reality in those moments, even with Sheldon).

 

I agree (as ever!) with your post, koops. I'll just try to clarify what I meant one last time, because I am completely aware I'm being a terrible grouch, and there really was so much I liked about this episode:

- I, personally, do think less of Sheldon (or, rather, the writers) for his desperately trying to get a new girlfriend after seeing Amy kiss another man. But even then, I would attribute more agency to Sheldon than to Amy, because he actively turned down a woman because she did not satisfy a stated criterion. I hated that Sheldon turned down a woman, whereas Amy was basically given naff-all choice because her date wouldn't shut up about Sheldon.

- But, also, I stick my hand up and admit that I am sensitive when it comes the depiction of female characters, and the recent depiction of Amy in particular. Sheldon has tonnes of episodes where he has career plots, or pop-culture plots, or existential angst plots. Sheldon is 'allowed', in my eyes, to have a long string of romantic plots, precisely because I know that his characterisation is more multi-faceted. Amy (with a few glorious exceptions) has been allowed so little outside of romance in S9, and she has been so....absent....in even her romantic plots (Sheldon proposes, Amy disposes. Sheldon acts, Amy reacts) that it bugged me that a chance to give Amy a really definite moment in this episode was missed. And sorry, I really, really, really gnash my teeth at the Damsel in Distress thing- precisely because it is so bloody overdone.

- I said before that I hope Amy would have come to her senses. My objection was never that I think she would actually have boffed Dave (and, hey, why shouldn't she, if she wants to?). My objection is that the writers, in order to hammer home a visual joke, set the capper on what I, personally, think was an almost (almost, but not quite, thank God!)-unbroken run of episodes that systematically stripped Amy of anything resembling clear purpose or agency- a string of episodes that had turned my favourite character into a dead-eyed marionette, listlessly jerking into whatever action the writers needed to tell Sheldon's story. 

But I will stop now, because this coming episode (heh, coming. SHUT UP INNER TWELVE-YEAR-OLD!) sounds so utterly wonderful. And the episode after that has the writers remembering that Amy has a career and going on work trips! Yippee!!!!!!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the speculation on male height and junk size, I'm 5' 2" and have only ever been attracted to tall men. ( married the tallest at 6'4.5"). There's nothing to be anxious about at all, ever, whatever your specific concerns maybe :icon_wink:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Listgirl said:

Regarding the speculation on male height and junk size, I'm 5' 2" and have only ever been attracted to tall men. ( married the tallest at 6'4.5"). There's nothing to be anxious about at all, ever, whatever your specific concerns maybe :icon_wink:

Yeah, probably just speculations. Both cases are optical illusions. :icon_wink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

Kind of off the current topic at hand, but your post made me think about the fact that as much as we all hope Sheldon is no longer so closed off to romance and intimacy with Amy since their reconciliation, I also really hope Amy is less of a (for lack of a better word here) jerk about Sheldon's love of "dopey space movies" and such. I know a lot of shippers find the differences of interests between them adorable and funny (and different interests are expected in any relationship of course!), but in many ways I found Amy much more degrading about Sheldon's interests than he was about hers. She always seemed to just tolerate it and then when a fight came up between them she'd show her resentment about it. And while I'm not suggesting she do a complete 180 and suddenly become invested in everything Sheldon's into, I always felt like she looked down on him with those things, and I hope she becomes more supportive. And actually Bernadette is kinda getting this way with Howard as of late, which is kinda bumming me out, whereas Penny started to gradually become so much more supportive of the guys' dorky interests.

One line that still stings me to this day is in the episode where Amy is trying to prove to Sheldon that she would be the perfect roommate, and when she snaps she says "I'm the best girlfriend you're ever going to have!" and yeah, especially throughout their breakup (and this line was like 3 seasons ago!) that quote has made me feel like Amy always thought he was somewhat at her disposal because if he was gonna be a pain in the ass, she'd let him just be single until she decided she didn't want anyone else and she deemed him worthy of dating again... which makes her rude awakening in 9.9 so essential to their story. 

i was never on one side or the other, but there were always things I knew had to change for Shamy 2.0 to work and be amazing. And I'm optimistic that it will, but yeah... we've seen a fair amount of progress with Sheldon so far (and I hope it continues!) and I hope Amy shows a similar change. 

Ok sorry, I don't know why that was bugging me lol

im good with the ladies poking fun at the guys' hobbies and interests, they are after all dorky and nerdy things for grown men to still be fascinated with (and i say this as a grown man who shares the same interests, and my wife over the years just smiles politely through it all). i do, though, agree with you in that Amy over the years has gotten kinda condescending now and then about it. i also think that she sees her position in the relationship as having changed to skew in her favor rather than Sheldon's, which it clearly was early on. and i dont say she was wrong in that, but i do think this "confidence" she developed contributed to the break up.

I like how in 9.04 (i think) that Amy tries to explain to Penny that Leonard developed a confidence when it came to women thanks to his relationship with Penny, and that this may have led to him making a silly mistake with kissing the girl on that sea voyage.

as i hears her say that i thought "well he isnt the ONLY one Amy" lol! Amy is definitely a different person than she was in season 4 thanks to her association with Sheldon and the ladies. and i mean that in a good way, but it also led to a lot of the angst in the Shamy relationship. 

People take their loved ones for granted in real life, its part of the human condition, and we can forget sometimes why we find our partners charming and adorable- the little things can get lost on us. i think both Amy and Sheldon were equally guilty of this over time and both have come to realize their mistakes.

it took some soul searching on both their parts to get them to 9.10....im just glad the writers tied the bow around these two, because like some of us have already pointed out, they could have easily taken the plot somewhere else if they had wanted to. so, hurrah for the writers!

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Listgirl said:

I'm 5' 2" and have only ever been attracted to tall men

Are you me? My husband is also 6' 4 and I agree with your assessment :icon_razz: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On an off topic, as I am writing my new story expanding on the scenes from 9.10 and 9.11, it occurred to me that Amy wears her watch on her right arm.   Has anyone else noticed this?    It's just something else that makes her unique to me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jenafan said:

On an off topic, as I am writing my new story expanding on the scenes from 9.10 and 9.11, it occurred to me that Amy wears her watch on her right arm.   Has anyone else noticed this?    It's just something else that makes her unique to me.

Mayim, and Amy, are now mostly left handed after Mayim's car accident 3 years ago.  So,  that's why she wears it on her right. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jenafan said:

On an off topic, as I am writing my new story expanding on the scenes from 9.10 and 9.11, it occurred to me that Amy wears her watch on her right arm.   Has anyone else noticed this?    It's just something else that makes her unique to me.

I noticed too, because I do the same and people always nag me to change it to the left arm (because the right arm is the wrong arm) lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jenafan said:

On an off topic, as I am writing my new story expanding on the scenes from 9.10 and 9.11, it occurred to me that Amy wears her watch on her right arm.   Has anyone else noticed this?    It's just something else that makes her unique to me.

I noticed that she also eats holding the fork with her left hand. Maybe she is left-handed? I was wondering, because I am left-handed and I also wear my watch on my right arm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

Kind of off the current topic at hand, but your post made me think about the fact that as much as we all hope Sheldon is no longer so closed off to romance and intimacy with Amy since their reconciliation, I also really hope Amy is less of a (for lack of a better word here) jerk about Sheldon's love of "dopey space movies" and such. I know a lot of shippers find the differences of interests between them adorable and funny (and different interests are expected in any relationship of course!), but in many ways I found Amy much more degrading about Sheldon's interests than he was about hers. She always seemed to just tolerate it and then when a fight came up between them she'd show her resentment about it. And while I'm not suggesting she do a complete 180 and suddenly become invested in everything Sheldon's into, I always felt like she looked down on him with those things, and I hope she becomes more supportive. And actually Bernadette is kinda getting this way with Howard as of late, which is kinda bumming me out, whereas Penny started to gradually become so much more supportive of the guys' dorky interests.

One line that still stings me to this day is in the episode where Amy is trying to prove to Sheldon that she would be the perfect roommate, and when she snaps she says "I'm the best girlfriend you're ever going to have!" and yeah, especially throughout their breakup (and this line was like 3 seasons ago!) that quote has made me feel like Amy always thought he was somewhat at her disposal because if he was gonna be a pain in the ass, she'd let him just be single until she decided she didn't want anyone else and she deemed him worthy of dating again... which makes her rude awakening in 9.9 so essential to their story. 

i was never on one side or the other, but there were always things I knew had to change for Shamy 2.0 to work and be amazing. And I'm optimistic that it will, but yeah... we've seen a fair amount of progress with Sheldon so far (and I hope it continues!) and I hope Amy shows a similar change. 

Ok sorry, I don't know why that was bugging me lol

While I do think it's better if Amy enjoys some of Sheldon's hobbies more, I don't think "Amy's much more degrading about Sheldon's interests than he was about hers". It leaves us the impression that Amy complains more because when they're together, they always do things Sheldon likes.

Remember in 8.12 Penny said "we girls always do things you guys want"? If it's the case with Penny, imagine how much worse it will be with Amy. We do know Sheldon watches French movies and maybe listens to harp music with her. But I don't think that happens very often, considering for most of their date nights, they stay at Sheldon's home or go to a restaurant.

Amy said they had more conversation within the two days after their breakup than two months when they were together. So we know they don't stay with each other that much. And for most ot the time they are together, they do things Sheldon likes. Frankly, if my boyfriend only talks about himself on our dates, kisses me once a month, have sex with me once 5 years and makes me watch some movie several dozens times (maybe more), I will break up with him the first chance I get lol.

Whenever Sheldon does something for Amy, the writers go out their ways to make sure the audience will remember it. They usually shoot a scene or even an episode about it. But what Amy does for Sheldon usually happens offscreen or is mentioned in lines.

Penny grows to like some of the nerd stuff because A, she still complains about or mocks them; B, Penny doesn't really have her own hobbies, well maybe watching movies can count as one (I'm not saying anything bad about Penny here). But Amy does have her own hobbies and they're quite different from Sheldon's.

At the end of the day, you can't force people to like things. Like after all these years, Sheldon still hates Valantine's day, even if every year Amy tries her best to make it a enjoyable experience for him, but nah, no use. So how do you expect Amy to actually enjoy something she didn't like in the first place but was forced to do it again and again for five years? She's just a girl, a human, not a saint or some Sheldon Cooper custom-made girlfriend who's designed to cater to his eveny need, to stay with him when he feels like it and to walk away quietly whenever he doesn't want to be bothered. Well she may used to be, and it leads to their break up, remember?

 

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nickelette424 said:

Mayim, and Amy, are now mostly left handed after Mayim's car accident 3 years ago.  So,  that's why she wears it on her right. 

 

3 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

I noticed too, because I do the same and people always nag me to change it to the left arm (because the right arm is the wrong arm) lol.

Thanks for clarifying.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something in my written descriptions of the scenes, arm placement, etc.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Amy Fowler said:

Today's Shamy text (because I'm getting well good at remembering!): 

image.jpeg.133cb095d73eb7b9a537dbf0b53ad

 

I love the hell out of this. If she ever did that one the show, that would be a bad ass way for him to get back at her. Hahaha.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.