The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

11 hours ago, Gbb said:

"Hey! I was humming. One point for Hufflepuff."

Any HP references makes me smile. My favorite is when Sheldon said Muggles.

• Like 7

@jena once again sorry for failing to quote you but I usually post using my phone so I try to quote as less as possible and I won't refer to specific parts of your reply. First, of all I appreciate that you did reply. The truth is I disagree with some things you said but I don't know how to respond without using Sheldon and Amy to project my own views. As you specifically said that you don't want and won't discuss your personal views (rightly so this is your call and this is not the place to do that anyway) I think this is a good point to let it go. I didn't want you to think that I just ignored you though. So, sorry if I made you (or someone else) uncomfortable it wasn't my intention. 

15 minutes ago, cutiepie said:

Any HP references makes me smile. My favorite is when Sheldon said Muggles.

Also Dave referring to Sheldon as you-know-who. I love HP references!! The Hufflepuff comment made me wonder in what houses the others would be!!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Cecilia said:

@jena once again sorry for failing to quote you but I usually post using my phone so I try to quote as less as possible and I won't refer to specific parts of your reply. First, of all I appreciate that you did reply. The truth is I disagree with some things you said but I don't know how to respond without using Sheldon and Amy to project my own views. As you specifically said that you don't want and won't discuss your personal views (rightly so this is your call and this is not the place to do that anyway) I think this is a good point to let it go. I didn't want you to think that I just ignored you though. So, sorry if I made you (or someone else) uncomfortable it wasn't my intention. 

Not an issue.   I purposely incorporated my explanation using Sheldon and Amy as an example to keep the subject on topic and less personal, even though I don't think the length of Amy's hair will ever become  a topic of discussion between them.

If you or anyone else want to carry the conversation further and explain why you disagree just for a matter of perspective and not to try to convince the other, we can either PM or move the topic over to the Chit Chat thread under the topic of Feminism or something.

My fear about discussing this is getting heated because whatever view one has, it is based on personal experience and bias and to tell someone else that they should not feel the way they do on the same matter is just not right.   What I did offer was an explanation for my statement to defend my views on the position.  That in itself is disagreeing with someone who doesn't feel the same way, but it does not mean I don't respect the other side.   I appreciate your respecting that I don't want someone to try to convince me I am wrong anymore than they want me to do the same to them.

It is obvious that we sometimes push each other's buttons over an opinion on Shamy based on personal experiences, biases, what we want to see in our attempt to relate, etc.   Opposing views are fun to discuss and very educational as long as we don't let it get too personal to where we begin attacking and insulting one another because of it.  The whole Sheldon's sexual orientation issue is a perfect example of how things can get out of hand very quickly.   If we can't keep it civil, then it is best to move on from the subject.

• Like 4

Okay, 6.40 pm here, going to the christmas market with the family - might distract me and keep me from thinking about other things...(you wish! :sarcastichand:) Happy taping day to everyone! Hope we will get many scenes with the whole gang together, I'm fine with just a few little (but cute) Shamy moments... :wub:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

ETA: Another interview by Chuck Lorre, I assume from the same event the other one was taken

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/12/15/chuck-lorre-talks-big-bang-couple-future-for-sheldon-and-amy/

Lorre says the storyline was conceived by head writer Steve Molaro and has been in the works for “many months.”

“It was handled with a lot of delicacy. There is a very elegant way the episode was written so that yes, they have taken a very large step forward, but it doesn’t undermine the nature of the relationship.”

Molaro talked about it in August!!!

“And we have some really cool ideas.”  http://tvline.com/2015/08/28/the-big-bang-theory-the-force-awakens-season-9-star-wars/

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, cutiepie said:

“And we have some really cool ideas.”  http://tvline.com/2015/08/28/the-big-bang-theory-the-force-awakens-season-9-star-wars/

I think it had to be in the works before August as the breakup in May was definitely part of the process of getting Sheldon to be "all in" on the relationship.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, cutiepie said:

It should be not very easy to arrange everything... I mean, I'm no expert, but, even if TBBT and SW franchise have always been in good terms, it is no joke to arrange all the legal details of quoting a movie, its characters, etc in such a heavy way.  Really cool ideas indeed!!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, vonmar said:

From The NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/12/15/arts/ap-us-big-bang-theory.html?partner=IFTTT&_r=0

At Last, Lovemaking for Sheldon, Amy on 'Big Bang Theory'

BURBANK, Calif. — In the same week, "Star Wars" returns and scientists-in-love Sheldon and Amy finally consummate their relationship on "The Big Bang Theory." Could even the geekiest fan ask for more?

On Thursday's episode (8 p.m. EDT, CBS), Jim Parsons' Sheldon and Mayim Bialik's Amy have sex for the first time, with each other or anyone else, more than six TV seasons after meeting through an online dating site.

But let the stars of the top-rated comedy tell you about it.

"Amy's been eager all along for a different kind of connection, but it's actually initiated by Sheldon," Bialik said.

"Sheldon's eager for her to know she's special to him, and this is one of the items on the list that he feels could show that," Parsons said.

So romantic! And how explicit is the scene?

Bialik: "More than we thought. We're in bed."

Parsons: "Well, of course we are. We aren't going into the back of a car."

Bialik: "I thought we would just talk about it when it finally happened."

Parsons (dismissively): "Oh, no!"

Bialik: "There's a before and there's an after. There's no during."

(more in the link)

Captain Jim is hilarious , as usual ! .

I really hope we get a filmed interview of him after Thursday :) 

• Like 7

19 hours ago, ATOB said:

I disagree. The asexual message has been forefront and consistent throughout Sheldon's characterization from the go-get.

Leonard even named it. 'He has no deal.'

If Leonard had said 'His deal is bespectacled women with hair the colour of mud' then that'd be that, but he didn't.

I really don't need to list all the 'Sheldon is asexual' jokes! You know 'em, I know 'em, they're even present right there in the actual 'Coitus' episode (two examples, Proton and the 'next birthday' gag).

Regardless, whether it's no deal, bespectacled brunettes or sock puppets, I'll be tuning in. As I said, it looks adorable, however it turns out.

Bold part, because Leonard doesn't know, and Sheldon probably doesn't know himself, before being attracted to Amy.

• Like 7

Has it really been a MONTH since we've known about this episode???  I'm just not going to survive!!!  

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Amy Fowler said:

Oh absolutely! It's just nice to finally have an article that use the correct terminology to represent what they did. 

Think that's another thing to take for Shamy now that still make them unique. They'll never know what 'sex' is. Or a one night stand. They'll just know it as an expression of their love for each other :) 

#gettingsoppywithit

Perfectly put :) 

#soppyisgoodsometimes !!

• Like 5

19 hours ago, AnnJ said:

Someone  asked when Sheldon desired sex for his own pleasure. This does not answer that question exactly,  but he did seem to become aroused, not strictly sexually but inimately,  from the train kiss. That kiss, or his reaction to it, indicated a change in disposition regarding physical intimacy.

You know AnnJ, that was the main argument I used for saying Sheldon was demisexual in the first place, that instinctive, unconscious movement on the train when their lips met, the first dick press if you will.  Thing is though, although his body responded to the physical stimuli, he later gave it no greater importance than listening to a nine-fingered bango player, so it was in fact purely a physical reaction.....such as.....

17 hours ago, kazzie said:

Sheldon got a hard on for Amy. End of.

Yes he did.  An asexual's body will respond to physical stimuli.  I would imagine that when you're with the person you love, your body responds very well actually.

Way back I posted an article written by a woman pondering why she knocked a few out while she was watching the news.  She went to great lengths to explain that, although he was waffling away on her tv screen, she was most certainly not aroused by Boris Johnson's floppy-haired buffoonery.  She was horny, she had a wank, her desire was not directed at anyone or anything.  In fact she gave a running commentary about the banal 'to do' list that accompanied said wanking on the sofa.  

Asexuals are capable of sexual arousal.  Asexuality is an orientation; a direction.

In fact, here you go, it's a very funny and well written article....http://vagendamagazine.com/2014/03/procrasturbation-or-why-the-fuck-did-i-wank-to-the-news/

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Doing something you don't want to do for your partner, like going to see a "dopey space movie" for example, is one thing but engaging in the most intimate thing two people can do together when only one of them desires it? I find that horrible on both sides of the equation.

"I would never have dreamed of [that] when we started the show. I actually imaged the character was asexual when we started." ~ Chuck Lorre 

Past tense. 

Do you find how other sexual orientations engage in sex horrible too?  Or is it just asexuals?  

if 'horrible' is not something you would say about gay sex (for example), why do you feel it's okay to say it about asexual sex? Is Asexuality somehow less equal than those other intrinsic sexual orientations?

"I would never have dreamed of [that] when we started the show. I actually imaged the character was asexual when we started." ~ Chuck Lorre 

Chuck is confirming Sheldon was written as asexual.  Like we needed telling that.  Of course he was.  He was written as asexual in every possible way, in every joke they could squeeze out of it, and the jokes are still going, even during the actual episode that the love-making occurs, there they are, in abundance.

I ask you, do people change their sexual orientation?  Do they get to choose which sex they are attracted to, if any?  Did you?