The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Ok. I have to say i'm curious now. To the people at the taping, the kiss was really that... Lets say, high voltage(as in HBO-series-kind of 'raunchy'), or was just heated for bbt standars? Because is hard for me to believe the writers will write such a scene in  a comedy that families watch... Couldn't be that much, right?

Look I get that the shenny dream kissing has no consequences to the shamy relationship

I still find it completely and utterly unnecessary and why are the writers throwing a bone to the shennies?

Its like they are trolling them deliberately now

As for the shamy break up I was predicting 2-3 episodes but after what's happened I think it may be double that and that's even if tptb are planning to ever get them back together this season, because right now Sheldon isn't giving Amy the space she needs and the more he pushes her the more she's gonna back off

With only 2 seasons to go there isn't going to be much time left for us to see the shamy be completely happy together

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 3

The longer it is goes on the more I have doubts that they're even get back together this season.  It took them 5 years to get to where they appeared to be at 8.24 and I wouldn't put it past the writers to drag this out until the end of the season or even longer.  That to me is a waste.  There is so much more they could do with these two unique characters and for some strange reason they're not doing it.  I just don't get what they are doing and when I don't understand what I'm watching, I tend to stop watching.

• Like 4

And look how great they were last season!

I don't care of the notion that for a relationship to be successful you have to break them apart and then let them find a way back together

They were fine, happy and in love

• Like 6

Thank you so much for your impressions regarding the taping ShamyShipper!

It makes me even more confident about what´s coming in the next episodes. I know, Leonard´s dream was a total shock for all of us, but let´s look on the bright side.

It was just a dream and it will never happen, because Sheldon loves Amy too much, to harm her this way. He´s hurting with words, but not with actions like this. He´s just expressing this pain he´s feeling about the break up and the fact, that Amy doesn´t want to se him and is avoiding him. This doesn´t justify what he said to Amy, but I can understand that he´s so injured that he wants to hurt Amy as much as she did hurt him with the break up and I hope that he will get over this status of grief and childish behaviour to analyse their relationship and to find out what went wrong, so he can fix it. I can´t wait to see him, writing a formula to get Amy back, like he did when he was looking for a friendship formula, when he wanted Kripke to become his friend. This was really sweet and I want this Sheldon, the scientist back looking for answers.

• Like 3

Okay, as promised, I'm going to give my point of view about the taping for episode two.  Once again, I haven't read any of the comments here, but I do know that a lot of people freaked out about the kiss, so I'm going to start with that.

To be completely honest, we were pretty much all flipping our shit at that scene.  I was screaming "Nooooo!!!!"  It was quite horrific.  We were joking later about how a photo of our faces would have looked at that exact moment.  But here's the thing--yes, I still do want some brain bleach because just the thought of Shenny makes me want to throw up in my mouth.  BUT--I'm just so glad that it was a dream.  A nightmare, in fact, and it came from Leonard's imagination.  I was SO relieved when I realized it, and here's the thing: the writers TOTALLY did that scene for the shock value.  I know some people are upset at the thought that Shamy will never have a scene that sexy, but that's where I disagree.  Will it be that "raunchy" of a scene?  Probably not.  But there was no love in the Shenny dream kiss.  It's a bit rough knowing that this was the "hottest" scene on BBT so far, and it was Shenny, but I really do believe that part of this is their way of setting up the audience and preparing us for a more sexual Sheldon.  Clearly the REAL Sheldon still has no interest in Penny and is going after Amy rather vehemently.  He's making sexual innuendos in regards to her and trying to make her jealous with comments implying he's got all these women, etc.  Boy is waking up!  And I truly do believe that their reunion is going to be hot.  It's going to be passionate and tender and full of love, because that's what they deserve (and after five years of waiting, I think we all deserve it too!  Not to mention, the writers kind of owe us a little after being such brats with that shocker). :wink: We've been waiting so long, and I know it's hard to see/hear about a scene like this, but that whole episode was so full of implication that it's becoming apparent he wants Amy in a physical way.  Plus, the kiss was SO out of character for Sheldon that it just isn't believable.  It was so over the top it's laughable.  When he kisses Amy with that kind of passion it's going to be the REAL thing, and it's going to be SO Sheldon and that will make it even hotter.  Just think--if they can show us a scene like that, what's in store for us for Shamy later?  They've proven now that they're not afraid to go there.  After giving it a lot of thought, I'm still not fond of the imagery.  I still want brain bleach, but I can see the comedy in what they did and how they really wanted to throw us all for a loop for a few seconds, and the fact that it's not real is what makes it bearable.

Now onto the rest.  If you put the kiss scene aside, I think the rest of the episode--whether you can accept the dream kiss or not--is a good episode.  It was definitely lighter and funnier than the premiere, which was what I was hoping for.  It continues to give hope for Shamy, and there were a lot of sweet moments that show how much Sheldon still loves her and is trying (even when he gets snarky).  I love that Sheldon is clearly still fighting for Amy.  He's researching.  He's trying things he's seen in movies, and he's probably googling stuff about it, and if he's researching and googling, what ELSE is he looking up?  It's my belief that he's probably gathering intel on physical intimacy as well, because clearly it's on his mind a LOT.  Unfortunately, the poor boy is trying all the wrong things right now and he's only making Amy madder, but there's going to be a point soon where he wakes up and realizes that he needs to try a different approach.  My belief is that he's going to break down soon--most likely when Leonard moves out (which is probably coming really soon) and he's left alone.  It's really going to hit him then.  Right now he's still a bit cocky and is remembering the other times when Amy has gotten mad at him and he was able to convince her to forgive him and return to normal.  He keeps thinking that he'll find the thing to win her back, but it's not working that way this time, and I'm honestly glad she's standing her ground this time because I really think it's needed for them to move forward together in a healthy, happy way.  Amy needs to tell him what she needs and wants, and I think she's still trying to figure that out.  Even though she's mad at him, it's clear that she's hurting too.  She even tells him that it's hard for her as well.  I think if he would give her the space she needs to think it all through she would be able to come to him and articulate her needs.  And I think once Sheldon is hit with the realization that he can't just put a bandaid on things this time, he's going to grow as a person and start considering her needs more.  And with the sexual thoughts that seem to be occupying his mind more and more lately, I can really see their reunion being explosive.  (And remember: Molaro called the fact that Sheldon leaned in for more kissing in the finale "extremely telling").  Like I said before, they're setting all of this up so that BOTH of them can realize what they need/want and move forward together toward marriage, sex, and everything else.

This brings me back to the idea of the five stages of grief that I mentioned in my post for episode 1, and that others have mentioned as well.  Sheldon isn't really that angry anymore, but now he's bargaining.  He's trying everything in the book to make her jealous or get her to take him back.  As Amy said, she sees him more now that they're broken up than she even did when they were together.  He's clearly pining over her and I'm really glad he hasn't lost his determination.  He WILL figure things out and "win" her back.  Next comes that depression I mentioned where he breaks down and realizes that things aren't so easy to fix this time, and he's going to be missing her desperately.  Once he comes to the conclusion about the fact that he hasn't always been the most attentive to her needs, he will hit the acceptance stage.  No, he won't accept that she's not his, but I think he will realize and accept the fact that he needs to give her space.   This will be his most self sacrificing and humbling moment and it will show Amy that he truly cares about her feelings.  And then once she's had that time to consider things, they can talk and move toward their future with a mutual understanding.

I know it's hard not to react with knee-jerk emotions.  Try being at this taping for that opening scene.  :wink:  But as we always say, things play out a bit differently on screen than what we see at the taping or what is conveyed in online details.  I'm thinking they'll even probably cut the Shenny scene down a bit now that they got their initial audience reaction to it.  I really do still have faith though.  Putting the fake/un-Sheldony/nightmare kiss aside and just focusing on what REALLY happened and what was real in that episode, the Shamy is moving forward.  It may not feel like it right now, but everything that is happening is bringing them a step closer to getting back together and learning how to be a couple in the long-term.  And now that Lenny is fixed, there will be plenty of time to focus on this plotline and bring them back together in the best way possible.

Thank you, Shamyshipper, for your detailed analysis. I totally agree with your take on the kissing scene. As a hardcore shamy shipper myself, this just isn't something I'd like to see. Probably because I am concerned we'll never get to see a shamy make-out like this.Yet somehow you managed to ease my mind on that. I perticularly liked the idea of introducing us to a more sexual Sheldon. They might just be able to pull this off. Also Sheldon's snarky remarks towards Amy are packed with sexual innuendo showing he knows way more than he's letting on. He's obviously been thinking about this.This break-up might just be the right thing to close the gap between Amy and Sheldon, while remaining IC.

On another note. I've been thinking about the Shenny kiss in terms of it being a goodbye present to all Shenny shippers. Although I'm with Shamy, I know how it feels to ship a non-canon pairing. I was glad for every little bone they threw us back than and it really helped me writing fanfic. With a Lenny wedding and upcoming physical relationship between Shamy, I think I'm ok with the Shennies having this kiss. They might never get much else and I'm sure the writers are planning on giving us some real good Shamy moments to hold on to.

I like the idea of those stages of grief you mentioned. Thought I'd put this here:

Grieving a lost amorous relationship

Denial
The person left behind is unable to admit that the relationship is over. He/she may continue to seek the former partner's attention.
Anger
The partner left behind may blame the departing partner, or him/herself.
Bargaining
The partner left behind may plead with a departing partner that the stimulus that provoked the breakup shall not be repeated. Example: "I can change. Please give me a chance." Alternatively, he/she may attempt to renegotiate the terms of the relationship.
Depression
The partner left behind might feel discouraged that his or her bargaining plea did not convince the former partner to stay.
Acceptance
Lastly, the partner abandons all efforts toward renewal of the relationship.

In this case I hope Sheldon does not reach the last stage.
  • Like 4

How was the kiss? Where they have their hands? Heads? Lips open or closed? Simply curiosity. Because you all said the scene is hot but i dont imagine it.... haha :)

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I frankly do not want to know those details. Could we keep them to the non-Shamy spoiler thread? 

Speaking my mind, Koops!

• Like 2

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I frankly do not want to know those details. Could we keep them to the non-Shamy spoiler thread? 

oh ok!! Its Shamy tread, Im sorry

• Like 3

oh ok!! Its Shamy tread, Im sorry

It's ok, I get that some people are curious. I just think maybe we shouldn't scar the Shamy thread for life! LOL.

• Like 9

Since Shamy´s break up I´m listening almost everyday to this song. I think it fits perfect to Shamy´s actual situation. I know there´s a Shamy song thread for this, but I just wanted to share it with you all because I think the song is beautiful. It´s called "I´m not the only one".

Here is the link to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0Hp0uPoZ2c

Many interested points were said, so here's few of mine (quality, sadly I can't guarantee).  I'm a little unsure to draw any kind of conclusions while I think I have not enough info, but I'll try give some general opinion of this place we're found ourselves in. I have to say, I'm not so "horrified" of anyone's behavior really. It seems Sheldon probably is somewhere in the Crazyville and I expected he will stay there for a while. It seems like Sheldon is still somewhere deep in belief it's just some whimsy of Amy's even while with every other crazy attempt it seems he will realize seriousness of the situation more and more. It's true he still didn't gave her time to breath, and I'm not surprised. It's still the same person who went to Seibert in the middle of the night, no matter how many enraged dogs they have. No, I was not expecting him to sit home and wait. And I'm not angry at him, I was  expecting he will drag every unreasonable tactic there is, including light emotional blackmail,provoking jealousy and yelling.  He's deep in his trial and error period, with finding where the problem is, and how to solve it. He's that Thorndike's hungry cat in the puzzle box making random, failed attempts to get what she needs, failing each time. And I'm eager to see his learning curve, and that moment when he realizes he should think first, before will pull that right string finally. I think now he thinks that string is coitus, that's why all those sexual and aging innuendos. Crazy attempts to show that yes, he's ready, and she shouldn't waste their times on some "ridiculous problem she just made up out of nowhere". I don't think he's able to see behind that just now, that sometimes the problem person have doesn't come nicely wrapped up in last few words the person yelled at you.Sheldon will finally learn reading between lines is not some nonsense, people who are lazy to read properly invented, but  important component in human communication and problem solving. I'm sure he will not master it, but some elementary jist he could take, hopefully with Amy's helps by giving him way more material to read into.

Amy again had no time and is just as clueless to how to handle her, in the past mostly emotionally reserved l boyfriend, showing whole palette of them, while spitting his "vitriol" on her, in all sorts of illogical, desperate attempts, she never experienced, while changing his tactic every next second. There's hardly a time for her to think, or come up with something which would get the out of this mess when she is disturbed every other minute by Sheldon, baffled of what is his next whirlwind she's gonna face while opening her doors for him. But there's the old saying we have that claims that until the person is interested enough to yell in you face too, in their own free time, there's still something to fight for. The time I'll start worry would be the time Amy would just move on, not caring about some Sheldon anymore. But until she will be standing there, bravely facing his absurd manners and opening his emails, that she knows very well nothing good can come out of , we have nothing to worry about. Sheldon is right. She want's him. He knows she cares for him and we know that too. She's still that moth drawn to the fire, and Sheldon is still Dr. Sheldon Lee Cooper B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D, with all of that exclusive logs that keeps the fire burning.  ;)

With that all said (sorry for that essay again and more to come, oops) I still feel like this amount of drama is not so necessary, that there could be a more creativity, and I still feel like we're still balancing on very thin line where things could go really wrong and our beloved characters could send a really unfortunate message about relationships, best described by koops in past. And I admit I was nostalgically gazing at the repeat of S1 yesterday, missing the times this show could be just fun. But now I'm still interested how this all will play out, and I still have trust in writers, while hoping beautiful performances of Jim and Mayim will give everything it's unique depth. 

The Shenny kiss I think I'll do my best to skip. If I would want to watch a people I feel having pure sibbling-like relationship (I understand some people dont have to feel this way), making out, I would turn on different kind of program. And lobotomy could be risky so... :cool:

But that's just me :)

THAT BOLD PART! So much that! That's such a great way of putting it, and, really, that's what I mean when I said last week (and to a lesser extent this week) that I need an indication about how long this is dragged on for and HOW it's dragged on for before I decided to invest any more time in this. And that's exactly the crux of the matter to me: the moment they show me Amy having moved on, or at least trying or planning to, to me will spell doom on my interest. Because then I know for sure they're going to handle it like any other breakup and it just becomes OOC. She's not ignoring him, she's not cutting him out of her life, she's even willing to see him and read his emails. I mean, don't get me wrong, I can see her trying to get away to think so she doesn't have to have him up in her face all the time, but it would be interesting if we got to see her realize that the reason why she keeps opening the door and listening to his BS and reading his emails is because, deep down, she wants him back just as much as he wants her back. 

• Like 9

The fact they did the Shenny kiss I think is for total shock value and in the end, I think it's gonna be more hilarious than anything else.  The only ones that are going to want more are the romantic Shenny's.  The casual viewer....like my oldest, is going to be disgustingly shocked and then laugh hysterically when they realize it's just a nightmare Leonard is having.

My kids are both aware of my obsession with this show, they know I go on this site and they know I read what happens before it even airs.  My youngest is all into spoilers like me but my oldest doesn't want to know and she's more of the casual viewer.  Yes, she "ships" Lenny & Shamy both and thinks romantic Shenny is gross but she's not at all obsessed about any of it and often rolls her eyes at me if I get mad about something on here.  

Yesterday morning, my youngest gets up and excitedly asks me what happens.  I tried to warn her that she didn't want to know but I finally caved and she almost literally cried.  She's fine now.  

Then later that night after I got home from work, my oldest casually asks what happens in the second episode.  I looked at my youngest and asked, "You didn't tease her about it?" (because she often does to the point they start fighting and then forget it was started over the damn show...the joys of motherhood).  Her answer was a sad look on her face and a "I didn't feel like it."

My oldest looks concerned and seriously wants to know what happens.  So I tell her about the Shenny make out.  She is shocked, horrified and confused.  And almost in tears herself before I explain that it was not real and just a nightmare Leonard has over his guilt for kissing boat girl.  After a few seconds of this added info to sink in, she starts laughing hysterically and proclaims how funny it will be.

For me, it doesn't bother me because it's not real.  It's just a nightmare Leonard has.  But it will still gross me out to see it because Sheldon and Penny's relationship reminds me so much of the relationship I have with my brother and it will have a huge "eck" factor for me.  

• Like 4

I'm going out on a limb here and say that when people are excited about the 5 stages of grief no one wants it to end with Sheldon and Amy giving up on each other. Not even the writers. The 5 stages of grief thing is actually rather a vague concept and the bits that Juni posted are just an example from Wikipedia. It's not set in stone that this has to happen with this exact outcome - the writers have all the creative freedom to mess around with this and turn it into something unique and quirky that's in line with Shamy.

I personally do think it's an intriguing approach. I mean, yes, it's an old and tired trope by now but especially after reading TheShamyShipper's account of the taping I feel they are putting their own spin on it. I also don't think that this puts too much blame on Sheldon - yes, he's kinda awful right now but tbqh that's nothing new. He's shown these tendencies many times before and even worse he usually got away with it and learned nothing or very little in the process. So I'm glad for now that Amy is standing her ground and I do hope that Sheldon is hit by the reality of the situation anytime soon. Maybe he really needs to be forced into isolation a bit when Leonard moves out, Amy visits her relatives or whatever, and the rest of the gang is busy with their own subplots. It would be a nice way to reflect on his character growth over the years since he started out as this guy who's constantly annoyed by other people but who now has to deal with the horrible feeling of loneliness. I hope when dealing with this he has an epiphany about what kind of man he wants to be. As for Amy I do hope we'll get an Amy-centric episode that finally gives her some room to breathe cause right now Sheldon is suffocating her. A bit more focus on Amy is also necessary because right now she's just on the defence which doesn't allow us to see what she's struggling with beyond Sheldon's antics. I like though that she is aware of what he's doing and sees right through his nonsense. lol

• Like 8

The fact they did the Shenny kiss I think is for total shock value and in the end, I think it's gonna be more hilarious than anything else.  The only ones that are going to want more are the romantic Shenny's.  The casual viewer....like my oldest, is going to be disgustingly shocked and then laugh hysterically when they realize it's just a nightmare Leonard is having.

My kids are both aware of my obsession with this show, they know I go on this site and they know I read what happens before it even airs.  My youngest is all into spoilers like me but my oldest doesn't want to know and she's more of the casual viewer.  Yes, she "ships" Lenny & Shamy both and thinks romantic Shenny is gross but she's not at all obsessed about any of it and often rolls her eyes at me if I get mad about something on here.  

Yesterday morning, my youngest gets up and excitedly asks me what happens.  I tried to warn her that she didn't want to know but I finally caved and she almost literally cried.  She's fine now.  

Then later that night after I got home from work, my oldest casually asks what happens in the second episode.  I looked at my youngest and asked, "You didn't tease her about it?" (because she often does to the point they start fighting and then forget it was started over the damn show...the joys of motherhood).  Her answer was a sad look on her face and a "I didn't feel like it."

My oldest looks concerned and seriously wants to know what happens.  So I tell her about the Shenny make out.  She is shocked, horrified and confused.  And almost in tears herself before I explain that it was not real and just a nightmare Leonard has over his guilt for kissing boat girl.  After a few seconds of this added info to sink in, she starts laughing hysterically and proclaims how funny it will be.

For me, it doesn't bother me because it's not real.  It's just a nightmare Leonard has.  But it will still gross me out to see it because Sheldon and Penny's relationship reminds me so much of the relationship I have with my brother and it will have a huge "eck" factor for me.  

Bold part: That's me! too....:icon_razz:

Ok. I have to say i'm curious now. To the people at the taping, the kiss was really that... Lets say, high voltage(as in HBO-series-kind of 'raunchy'), or was just heated for bbt standars? Because is hard for me to believe the writers will write such a scene in  a comedy that families watch... Couldn't be that much, right?

The first take could have blown thethe studio lights out.  

Side note...

Mayim's IG post of her and Jim (with Jim holding the box) has just been posted on the Sheldon Cooper Facebook page.

Some poor soul thinks that Amy must be redeeming some Cooper Coupons.

They are going to get the shock of their lives in September.

• Like 6

What I'm really concerned about is the fact that the writers are dragging things out when they only have 2 seasons left. They have said multiple times that they have no endgame for the show, and while that is slightly comforting (it gives room for the stories to adapt or change), it also worries me as well. 

What I mean is that they could be thinking they are definitely going to be renewed again so they're dragging out the storylines, but what if it does end in 2 seasons? They are going to rush all over their storylines and miss out on some really good opportunities for growth, all because they insist on moving characters backwards to buy time. 

2 seasons is not enough time to hash out all of these stories, it simply isn't.

• Like 6

Side note...

Mayim's IG post of her and Jim (with Jim holding the box) has just been posted on the Sheldon Cooper Facebook page.

Some poor soul thinks that Amy must be redeeming some Cooper Coupons.

They are going to get the shock of their lives in September.

That's why I could never go spoiler free...

Edit: And, on the other hand, imagine the promo of 9.2, after that in 9.1 both couples are messed up...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4