The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

10 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

It's beutiful the way they keep swinging in each other's arms. Like when you hug someone you don't see for a long time, but this time with a kiss as a bonus. A 'kug' (kiss+hug). 

I described it as dancing to the music of their kiss.

• Like 4

Why do you guys think Sheldon is in his PJs in the opening scene ?? (if we guessed right?)

I really hope something Amy-related, but i really think not..

But then again after the craziness of 9.9 - 9.10 - 9.11 nothing will surprise me anymore lol

1 hour ago, RoX said: Same here!!! :help:

i was half hoping/ half scared that after the coitusing i will not be AS obsessed lol, cause it would be like the culmination.. but no, last week's TR got me just as excited, and here i am on another wednesday morning waiting for some fluff hahah. This never stops!!

IF Mayim was there, I'd be possible it's shamy related but here's hoping!

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI Y330-U05 mediante Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, zaichina said:

IF Mayim was there, I'd be possible it's shamy related but here's hoping!

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI Y330-U05 mediante Tapatalk

wait, Mayim's not there for this episode?(( Or do you mean we don't know if she's in the scene?

22 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

It's beutiful the way they keep swinging in each other's arms. Like when you hug someone you don't see for a long time, but this time with a kiss as a bonus. A 'kug' (kiss+hug). 

omg you said it perfectly!
I am such a sucker for hugs and what was always killing me about Shamy is that she couldn't even hug him! I felt so bad for Amy! ( Like seriously i don't care for kisses as much as i do for hugs!) And even after they started kissing in s7 they weren't really shown hugging........ (There was a moment how she leant on him in the shop when they were choosing between Xbox & PS4, but i interpreted it more as Sheldon being exhausted & not caring than as them finally having more touching... )

And now this hug..... Kug. I love everything about it and i can obsess about it for days! it's PERFECT <3

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, S.L Farrell said:

I wasnt really expecting anything Shamy heavy this time around....and as for the Skype calls for 2 episodes in a row....Maybe it is a deliberate choice to keep them apart physically for a couple episodes....make all the fans stew for awhile in crazy anticipation to see them together and how they will be portrayed now that they are intimate.

it's definitely working!!! 

• Like 9

I was expecting a ShAmy-lite episode or two after their 'Big Bang' ... and I think the show needed a break from the constant Shamy!

but keeping Amy in another state is a bit of a downer, would have liked to have seen the gang all in 4a eating pizza! :icon_neutral:

• Like 7

After a couple hours of sleep, I'm actually feeling a little better about this episode. I like that Sheldon is willing to change his behavior a bit and that he really listens to Amy.  Like April said, I'm really curious to see how far they'll take this character development! 
No, I still don't think it's absolutely necessary to have Amy still out of town, but it's fine. No angst or drama between them or anyone else, seems like a light and funny episode. Shamy are still Skyping all the time and they seem happy. That's all that counts!

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 9

32 minutes ago, koops said:

In other news, am I the only one who is getting more and more irritated by them not going anywhere near addressing wtf is going on with Raj and Emily? I really like Laura and I liked Emily's character to an extent, but it's really annoying me that they made such a big production about how she's not the right girl for Raj, yet here they are... still dating after 2 years, like it's nothing out of the ordinary. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm so hungry for some character development for Raj right now it's driving me nuts.

No, you’re not the only one and I quite agree with you.  :shy:

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, koops said:

If I didn't know better, I would think the writers don't trust themselves with writing Shamy in the same room or they'll inevitably end up writing them in bed. LOL! You know, the way we were speculating whether Shamy would try to work out a schedule and fail miserably, just the writers edition!

That's funny, because that's what I thought, too! After this huge progress they made, how will they show them "normally" around each other? Perhaps the writers need some time to figure it out, but I can't wait to see the results! Oh that really screams for some fanfics;-)

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, koops said:

I heard that yes, it's the same conference that Amy's on (so these two eps take place within the same week or so), and that she's implying the conference ended 3 days prior but she's staying away to avoid the wrath of sick!Sheldon because he's kind of a jerk when he's ill. If I didn't know better, I would think the writers don't trust themselves with writing Shamy in the same room or they'll inevitably end up writing them in bed. LOL! You know, the way we were speculating whether Shamy would try to work out a schedule and fail miserably, just the writers edition!

Haha, yeah, maybe. They're writing fluffy fanfic-y stories at this point and we all know those fanfics that really go down the gutter once a certain threshold has been crossed. LOL Hope the writers find a way to deal with that sooner rather than later.

As for the apologies stuff, to be fair to Sheldon though, he had shown attempts to apologize or fix things in the past too. The time he screwed Howard over about the Mars rover comes to mind, so while I think it's nice to see him listen to Amy and take her opinion on board, I would hope the message here isn't Amy fixing everything that is "wrong" about him, as much as just being able to help him out when he struggles, like she did in the past with Penny for example. Not to mention, she can be a bit of a jerk herself when she wants to: "I love them both, but I love being the center even more!". :p

I don't think that's what it'll feel like. I mean, if Amy is really staying longer at wherever the hell she is just to avoid sick!Sheldon then she is a bit of an ass herself here. But at the same time I think it fits nicely with the thing they've going on with Sheldon's character development this season and Amy's positive influence on his life, being the dryer sheets of his heart and all that.

In other news, am I the only one who is getting more and more irritated by them not going anywhere near addressing wtf is going on with Raj and Emily? I really like Laura and I liked Emily's character to an extent, but it's really annoying me that they made such a big production about how she's not the right girl for Raj, yet here they are... still dating after 2 years, like it's nothing out of the ordinary. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm so hungry for some character development for Raj right now it's driving me nuts.

You're preaching to the choir, sister! I'm glad that she has some scenes with the gang this time but it's been bugging me to no end that they've been dating for so long and the relationship is still that kind of footnote we barely know anything about.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, koops said:

I haven't read the report, only some summaries and while it sounds like a bit of a meh episode, I'd rather take meh than *waaaarggh*. :p It might come across better on screen with the jokes and all, and the t-shirts do sound hilarious. The only thing I don't get is why Amy couldn't join everyone in Vegas, since her conference is over, if it's just the tag scene. I don't think her being away for two episodes is much to worry about, especially when she is in constant touch with Sheldon, and I do get that the writers are trying to move away from too much focus on the breakup drama and physicality after a season that's been so heavy so far. For all we know, Mayim might have some other commitments that are keeping her busy at the moment and so they kept her light in these episodes (I heard she said something about watching Star Wars next week, kind of implying she's too busy this week for that?). But it would have been a nice touch to at least mention her being present in Vegas in the end, since technically the only reason she was staying away after the conference was because Sheldon was sick (as far as I gather?). So if he's now fine, and he apologized to everyone, why would she stay away? eta: Thinking about it though, whether it's intentional or not, I also kind of feel that this episode sorts of balances out all the times we complained about Amy doing stuff with the gang and Sheldon being excluded earlier this season. It's not like the gang never hangs out with Amy without Sheldon, I guess this is Sheldon's chance to do the same. It's just a bit bizarre that it's on a trip of all things, and one that I can't really see Sheldon finding appealing to start with. I've been wanting the whole gang to go away somewhere for so long now, I wish we could see that at some point and that this isn't that chance being used up and done.

In any case, I'm disappointed that we missed out on the gang finding out about the consummation and at the same time I guess it might even be a good thing. Making a huge deal out of it would be kind of like emphasizing it's some crazy anomaly, whereas this kind of acceptance that it happened almost makes it come across as if it's now just another thing Shamy do and nobody in the group is treating them like circus freaks. And that's good.

i agree i was hoping for a light episode that had the entire gand together, especially since we arent getting a holiday episode this year. i do hope, however, that there is SOME acknowledgement eventually from the gang about this huge step Shamy has taken. Lets face it, the couple HAS been treated like the circus freaks of couples and went through a long and ugly break up to a reconciliation and sex!

i wasnt a fan of the seemingly indifferent attitude the gang had towards the break up (for a tight group of friends) and i hope this isnt more of the "who cares?" attitude among them. to me, that is almost consistent with continuing to treat Shamy as a goofy couple rather than a solid and healthy one.

but i guess it would make the gang consistent in their approach of them....

1 hour ago, April said:

Morning everyone! Just read the TR - Idk if the chat had some more goodies this morning but going by what I could find here are my 2 cents:

- I take it the writers really want Sheldon's character development stick long term! I am actually delighted. One of the most common worries I've seen this season is that all of this angst and the hard lessons were all for naught and Sheldon reverts back to his old self. Instead the writers keep the momentum from the previous episodes and have him make some further strides forward!

- It's curious that they keep Amy out of town for two episodes in a row. I guess it's the same trip even? Like some weeks long science event thing??? (Idk how much of that is related to Mayim being busy because of the holidays or... ???) I guess that's then "Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder: Part 2" - now with less angst and more hippie dippie cuteness! Makes me wonder if they'll build up to some cute reunion scene in the next episode or so. (If not, someone please write that fanfic!)

- I like that Amy teaches Sheldon to be a better friend. Goes nicely with the theme of her making his life better - and again, he's embracing the change here, makes some real effort and gets a nice payoff. I like it.

- I've seen the worry that Sheldon wanting to join the trip to Vegas sounds a bit too OOC but Idk, I think it's well within the margins of his character development. I think it's less about him wanting to go to Vegas specifically, but more about him not wanting to be left out and alone anymore - especially since Amy is out of town and he's missing her terribly. It's a somewhat similar setup to the last episode when he just wants to hang out with someone so that he wouldn't be alone in Amy's absence. And the additional feeling of rejection from his friends because of his misbehaviour probably really stings at this point so he wants to fix that - hence his apology tour.

- I'm curious how far they'll take this development. I mean, in the end there are only so many jokes you can do about Sheldon being a clueless asshole who learns nothing from his mistakes, and they've done that for 8 seasons, rinse and repeat. So having Sheldon trying to be nice now and going overboard with that is actually kinda hilarious. I wonder if they'll make a complementary story for the gang and have them mellow out in their antipathy towards him.

Anyway, looking forward to this. Sounds like a funny and cute story!

Oh yes, same!

what was your take on the tshirts? it kinda reminded me of the awlf absorbed sheldon in that he wants a pat on the back for apologizing...but then, he never apologizes so maybe the shirt is telling the world he was wrong and admits it??

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

what was your take on the tshirts? it kinda reminded me of the awlf absorbed sheldon in that he wants a pat on the back for apologizing...but then, he never apologizes so maybe the shirt is telling the world he was wrong and admits it??

I think it sounds exactly the clueless over the top nonsense I expect of him and I find it hilarious. The TR says that he does indeed apologise - so Idk maybe there's a "Sheldon apologised and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" joke in there somewhere. lol

• Like 7

Well, i don't know what i feel about this all... lol a little wistfully and dull. i just want Amy to be with Sheldon and gang and Mayim to hang out with cast like before. it seems to me that she is a bit detached and always busy now.

Emily.. I do not quite understand why they introduced her into the regular team.   Can they take me to the role of Rajs girlfriend! please please! I can be very strange and frightening lmao

and for some reason I really feel sorry for Sheldon in this episode (possible because I am sitting with a nozzle and a sore throat right now) i would feel myself very lonely in this situation, if even my girlfriend doesn't what to take care about me ( even if I am unbearable moaner :D). but as for Sheldon, he's really good! such great character development! learn to ask for forgiveness is an important skill for relationship 

i hope it will be better and light on screen :drinks:

Edited by AlFisher
  • Like 3